Another week old comic that didn't get storytimed yet

Another week old comic that didn't get storytimed yet.

G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #244

STORYTIME

BUMP IF YOU'RE READING

And that's that.

I absolutely love this last page. Thanks for the storytime!

So now Venom is possessing Mindbender? I thought they got rid of him for good.

Thanks for the storytime, I've missed a lot apparently

I do OP. GI Joe is the only comic I follow regularly.

time for ninja shit

bump thanks, this is one of the most consistant good things i like reading, nvr been a bad issue of this.

ffs larry you fucking idiot

>Any evil redneck portrayal summons Sup Forums now

I wish politics would end.

YO JOE! For the OP...

AND THIS is why people get pissed at entertainment. I want to read a G.I. JOE comic about military people with crazy specialties and whatnot fighting terrorists organizations with really cool bad guys. I don't want this bullshit. Hama is great but this...too bad.

>All that's here is a lot of 55 gallon drums with detonators on top!
I know COBRA is supposed to be dumb but C'MON! Do you really need the order to GTFO?

I still can't believe we're only one more new Snake Eyes away from seeing the GI Joe version of Reign of the Supermen.

Did anyone else see cover B for this issue and hope it might have anything at all to do with the story?

No problem.

shut the fuck up faggot

>Snake Eyes
I admit I don't actually read GI Joe, but I thought they killed Snake Eyes off and replaced him with a girl?

Trumptards BTFO

Gee, good response.

YOU'RE the real American hero, OP. Thank you!!

I can't believe Hama wrote that line, but he pulled it off.

Hama's storytelling has three rules

1) Nothing ever ends between Joes and Cobras
2) All storylines are recycled over and over
3) Ninjas are gods among men

It happened a few issues ago with fem Snake and the Crimson Guard Gal taking him hostage and giving Mindbender a douse of his the brain scanner. Thing is, the overload unlocked the secret program Dr. Venom setup in it. So yeah Dr. Venom lives again.

If you follow Hama's Facebook, he's taken a disturbing turn towards SJW thinking lately. Especially disappointing since he's always been the model of a reasonable liberal, understanding the necessity of guns and a strong military, not to mention free speech and tolerance for other political viewpoints.

This bit does have a bit of an SJW feel to it, and I'm a guy who usually defends this sort of stuff in comic books as not being SJW.

All we need is a badly burned Snake-Eyes to turn up. Turning out to be Serpentor.

yeah that's the worst scene not only in this issue but in the entire series

Seriously. What happened to the Hama who wrote stuff like this?

(I wish I could find the page from the issue where Dr. Burkhart walks into a field of fire armed with nothing but a briefcase to defend the rights of the Joes, even though she disagrees with the military-industrial complex.)

take that shit elsewhere you stupid fucking faggot

you're a faggot

At this point, I think Hama is too old and senile to do much of anything beyond BS new ways to drag this comic out longer. He probably doesn't even know half of what he's writing outside of his usual Snake-Eyes wanking.

yep

old yes, senile no

If he's smart he'll knock it off and won't let it affect the book in any other way in any future issues.

Burkhart returns? Sweet. I'm reading volume 1 of the classic series, and it's cool that she comes back since she was a major topic for the first story.

if it gets to hama then gi joe is over, this book is literally the only thing keeping the ip around at all since the idw continuity is in the sales shitter

At least the comic is still entertaining.

Agreed. Hama's politics and philosophy play a big part of what makes his G.I. Joe comics so great. It's not just all the military gear, ninjas, and science-fiction. If he goes down that dark SJW path, it'll be heartbreaking.

Fortunately there's still bits like that have that classic Hama philosophical touch.

She shows up quite a bit over the years, providing a philosophical counterpoint to the Joes that comes from the exact opposite direction than the ideas espoused by Cobra.

That is a nice fucking cover.

Yeah, I made sure to get that one. Sadly, inside the comic, Zarana is only in one panel, and we're still pretending Serpentor is really dead, it seems.

The Snake Eyes on the cover is Sean, son of OG Snake's old war buddy Wade.

No problem.

G.I. Bump

No problem.

No problem.

You seem to have a problem.

>>Trump voters = ignorant, destructive rednecks.

Larry, as deeply as I respect your Joe work, I'm very, very disappointed in you. Hate the guy if you like, that's your right. But that's what blogs are for.

Have your opinion, but don't have me pay money for it.

>>Vindoveipeirs

I thought Mindbender was a bald dude with a mustache. This guy has hair.

I dunno. Killing Snake-Eyes was pretty shitty. He was my hero growing up. Feels like a personal betrayal from Hama.

He shaved and put a wig on.

oh what in the fuck

bumping for others

Always love these threads.
thanks.

I liked how when she is captured by CC in the first story everyone is split down the middle on whether or not to save her because it's right, or just kill her because it's less compromising.

That's actually a really cool idea.
>Feared and hated opponent of the enemy dies
>Don't want them to realize that they're winning
>Give someone else the identity under a falsehood

I would actually like to see how Hama would write the end of the series. How would Cobra end? Who would live, who would die? What would happen to the likes of Destro and Baroness?

I kind of imagine Commander disappearing as Cobra burns, somewhere off on his own as his world crumbles.

Something like this?

Favorite G.I. Joe?

Favorite Cobra?

No problem.