Amazing Spider-Man #789 storytime

In which Peter Parker is broke again, Legacy!
Also, Peter wears "that" T-shirt. You know the one.

Surprised nobody did this storytime before me really.

>None who know I'm Spider-Man
What about Johnny?

And here it is!

Also
>billionaire
No you weren't, you intentionally took a low salary, May even brings it up later.

I'm pretty sure that in the aftermath of Hydra taking over America and New York stuck in a dome, the news would have much better things to talk about than some dumb CEO screwing up his company several weeks ago.

I think Slott mentioned at NYCC that Johnny isn't happy that Peter lost the Baxter Building.

Everybody just has to shit on Peter.

I guess that makes sense. I wonder if Spectacular Spider-Man will deal with that.

I wonder how Eddie Brock will feel about this, over in his solo it's clear he has a crush on her.

Spider-Man:Mockingbird is the worst parking ever and I wish Slott would get cancer and die.

>cheats on her husband and kills the guy she cheated on him with
>kicks her new boyfriend while he's down

What a great example she's setting.

Funny how over in Defenders, the Daily Bugle has apparently gone full online (Urich even identifies himself as a reporter for the Daily Bugle dot com), while here they clearly still have physical newspapers.

Even if you think that's true, saying "Threat or Menace" is uncalled for. Being an idiot CEO doesn't make you a threat or a menace.

I really love the amount of spite Marvel has for readers not liking one shitty comic.

>Robbie writing that about Pete

That's not okay Slott.

Bendis ignoring everyone else's work again and not having to worry about editors getting on his case. Big surprise.

Gee, I wonder what Peter's new job at the Bugle is gonna be?

What was the point of CEO Peter?
He's never did anything interesting with the company. All the robots/gadgets he built were extremely boring with bland designs. Peter himself spent almost no time at the company and actively left important meetings. Even invading a country didn't feel like it left much impact.

Why should I care that Parker Industries is kaput so quickly?

I'm surprised Peter even bothers with a civilian identity at all by this point. Just be Spider-Man full time, fuck the every day man, you clearly suck at it.

>Who cares that you prevented a zombie apocalypse? You cost a lot of people their jobs. That makes you more deserving of scorn than Hydra.

I would say Robbie's being an asshole, but Slott's the one to blame.

Anti-Venom Flash soon

What the hell? not every fucking ceo is tony stark

Typical Parker Luck!!! XXDDD

Don't know why but MJ came out kinda bitchy here.

>Anti-Venom Flash

dumb, it’s way too soon for that. He needs to be involved with the regular cast for a few years.

the point was to Shake things up as much as slott likes to jiggle
as to why you should care you shouldn't it was lame all the way through and only served to make that glowing eyesore costume

Because Slott wants her to look bitchy. She refused to attend that reunion right before The Clone Conspiracy because she wanted to have dinner with Tony instead.

Man, Slott writes the most annoying civilians ever.

Modern Spider-Man is only enjoyable as a Deadpool JR sidekick in Spider-Man/Deadpool books.

I liked Flash as Agent Venom, so I'll take anything that puts him back in action really.

MJ has been bitchy since Superior.

It's the "New 52 Lois Lane Effect".

Slott hated MJ

Pretty nice moment from Bobbi right here.

Shouldn't the guy have insurance on his truck?

So how long will this ship last? And how will Slott have Peter "screw it up"?

Doesn't mean he wants to go a few days waiting for the insurance company to get back with him.

And I bet a lot of insurance companies don't cover Acts of Spiderman.

Every last one of those civilians can go fuck themselves. Except the empanadas guy.

>Slott will never leave Amazing Spider-Man

for about 3 more issues

Next time: Clash, remember him?

Right slott can never right a good or the very least decent relationship to save his life

I wasn’t a fan of it. What I’ve always enjoyed about Flash was his interactions and relationship with the other characters in Peter’s life. Like this moment with May right here. When he became Agent Venom he quite literally abandoned all his friends. I’d just wish he stuck around here some more before they through him off onto another team or back into space again as Anti-Agent Venom.

They come off more as fuckbuddies more than anything.

Thanks, OP. I'm starting to think some of the anons here were right when they said Slott puts more effort into stories with Otto in them, because this was horrible.

He has to die eventually. Right?

And now for the Marvel Legacy primer pages for the 5 people in the world that don't know Spider-Man's origin or deal.

>You know the one
I really don't.
Wait you don't mean the feminist agenda one do you?

Like black cat and Peter of old.

> The new pym MICROPROCESSORS
> don't have more MEMORY because they're compressing matter
> they're not shrinking COMPUTERS. (entire machines?)
> it's more like they're shrinking massive EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES (digital storage)
> making them so small that they shrink into their own pocket dimension. it creates a digital CLOUD (remote digital storage) that's the size of a universe

what

the conclusion of this explanation actually ALMOST makes sense,
>("a pym microprocessor is a logic chip that acts as a hardware interface to cloud storage that is stored in a pocket dimension instead of a data center in arizona")
but slott makes so many missteps along the way there
> (what does memory have to do with anything...?)
> (why did he draw a comparison between the physical size of a universe and the size of a "digital cloud"...?)
> (who said anything about "shrinking computers"...?)
that I'm inclined to believe he just saw the words "microprocessor" and went "haha wow.. MICRO! like pym! time to roll up my sleeves and use all the COMPUTER WORDS I know!"

this seriously triggers me

Exactly.

Know our luck Slott will live to be 80 years old.

Then after he dies they will clone him to keep writing Spider-Man.

And that's that, hope you enjoyed.

>Black Cat will never be redeemed/fixed after Slott raped her

That second panel makes Spider-Verse look more fun than it was.

Slott is an awful writer. I generally like his ideas, but he can't execute for shit. I wonder how a better writer would handle writing the company angle. Wasted potential just to go back to the status quo.

They basically replaced Felicia with Bobbi here didn't they?

When was the last time Pete and Matt even hung out?

The very same

>Lyman

it's such a cuck thing to pick a new name because daddy is evil

If the civilians weren't goddamn insufferable and Peter's friends weren't unnecessarily mean, this issue would be pretty decent. If only there was a gradual decline in Peter's loss in the company, this wouldn't feel so jarring and awkward. Like THIS is how you reintroduce Spider-Man to readers with the new numbering and the Legacy event. THIS?!

Now that you mention it, I think it could've been good if Harry kept the Osborn surname to prove that not all Osborns are like Norman.

>Peter is broke again
WE TOLD YOU SO!

What? You didn't like vampires killing edgyly beloved alternate Spider-Men?

i feel sorry for the 3 idiots that thought tony parker was going to stick

But seriously is everyone just going to ignore the fact that hydra took over for a weekend?

Parker luck etc.

ALLRIGHT Dan, stop fapping and stalking this thread and show yourself

HOW YOU'RE GONNA FIX THIS FUCK UP? OMD PART DEUX : STAYIN ALIVE IN THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

I honestly don't know what Marvel should do to make Spidey interesting anymore
The Parker Industries stuff could have been fine under another writer, but Slott has just been rehashing old Spidey villains, stories and tropes ie 'I have to save two people at the same time! The responsibility is too much!'
And now we have slacker manchild down-on-his-luck Peter again... which we already had decades of
Is it just me, or anyone feels the same?

>has just been rehashing old Spidey villains

Sounds an awful like Miles ongoing.

here we go again
Pete reverts to being the Spider eating out of trashcans again like in the 90's.

at least the art is fantastic.

Renew your vows has every good shit that every spiderfag wanted to see in YEARS if Quesada and bendis weren't Hired to work on Marvil

Maybe, just maybe, letting someone else write ASM for a bit would help. But that's not happening any time soon.

Oh yeah, that's good, but still an 'elseworlds' sadly
Even Wonder Woman will marry and have a child before Spider-Man

honestly I think it's time they killed off Peter in the main continuity, or at least have him retire from being Spider-Man for 5-10 years, cause at this point it's kinda hard to give a damn about him anymore, he's too much of a screwup to be a sympathetic protagonist

I honestly don't know how people can buy again this crap.

I stopped reading for years, then saw this thread and decide "hey it's been long enough."
>check credits page in post 2
No, Dan Slott is still writing Spider-Man. Why God?

I still think the best thing to do is get someone new to write ASM. Killing Peter off or having him retire will just lead to Miles getting pushed in his place.

Why is Betty so cute

Because Slott has said he never plans on leaving ASM. Ever.

It will be 2089 and Slott will still be writing ASM.

>date
Is she going to cheat on him and murder to cover it up agaon?

>could have been fine under another writer
Gee, it's almost like they should get a new writer.

okay, that makes me mad. Robbie's points should be the opening arguments and Peter's list of reasons should be the reply. I would like to think saving millions of lives outweighs people losing their jobs.

Also, why suddenly have the company crash and everyone hate Peter? That's boring and makes us hate Marvel civilians even more. Just have Peter realise the brand is unsalvageable after the Secret Empire debacle, and have him liquidate the company or something and donate all his fortune to his Aunt's charity. The workers he had are the only complication, you could probablyget a decent villain or two out of them with that backstory. Just have Peter make a public statement that Hydra took over his company's tech and his workers are not to blame. Their technical expertise with web-ware should help them secure work soon enough as well anyway,

But what do i know? I'm just the reader.

That's not very professional journalism.

>The Parker Industries stuff could have been fine under another writer
oh please tell me about the POTENTIAL it could have had if every great writer to ever exist wrote it

the fact of the matter is we're stuck with slott and no amount of potential or would've could've is gonna change the reality

Kind of disapointed there is no actual article there.

How incompetent of Parker to have his company destroyed by Hydra's attempt to nationalize it. Gee, what a moron he is indeed. It's 100% his fault!

Are you fucking serious? As i was reading this I was thinking, "why aren't more people defending the man who lost all his stuff to prevent Nazis from taking it?" And when it gets brought up, it's just "buh people lost jobs, so" and Pete takes it lying down. Slott always writes Pete as such a push over.

God I fucking hate Slott.

Doesn't matter the cause, because he's lost success to total status-quo-restoring BS before.

LOL
Spidey PP feminist confirmed!
Sup Forums BTFO

Let the new era of inclusiveness reign!
Thanks Dan Slott!
All my nieces and my wife's daughter just looooooooooove Marvel Comic Books! :-)

All he had to do was give his company and every bit of tech to the guy that almost killed half the planet or maybe robbie just liked hydras politics

that's kinda cute

I honestly feel like if Bendis won over Slott and just killed Peter, it would've been better, This is complete fucking trash(except for Betty)

>They're everywhere
First panel shows a fucking clean aparment with literally NOTHING related to spider-things.
Fcking Slott

>ask me about my feminist agenda

And I am supposed to pay for this?

I can't wait for Slott to die. I'd honestly prefer Bendis or even Waid or Rivera to write Spidey.