Post YFW shitting on Marvel is now mainstream

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-no-good-very-bad-new-york-comic-con-1047272

This saddens me because I've been a Marvel fan since 2000 when I read Ultimate Spider-Man. Marvel's done a lot of stupid shit (DC too), but it baffles me how their higher-ups are crashing and burning their comic line because of short-sighted idiocy.

Are casual readers starting to wake up?

>During the convention, Marvel declined to comment on the meeting, but a source inside the company who declined to be named told The Hollywood Reporter that reports of tension were overstated, despite the existence of video of the meeting taken by those present that contradicts that claim.

When not even compulsive shillers on the web can save face for you, you know you have screwed up bad.

Marvel in damage control

>Higgins gets a shoutout.
HAHA /ourguy/ getting famous.

Huh, I didn't know Graeme McMillan writes for Hollywood Reporter now. I remember when he used to do Fanboy Rampage and write for Savage Critic.

LMAO. About Damn time.

how does one get a job writing for those sites?

>Perhaps the best example of how NYCC ultimately shaped up for Marvel might be this, however: Probably the biggest Marvel-related new comic book announcement of the convention was that, three years after the release of the animated movie, there will finally be a new Big Hero 6 comic book series. However, despite the property being owned by Marvel, the new series will be published under license from Disney by competitor IDW Publishing.
>even disney is starting to wake up
I mean they have always licenced out their comics but this one is a freaking marvel property.
It's possible it's because they couldn't slot it into the marvel universe due to all the changes the film made but they still have star wars comics.

Write a lot and network, I guess.

Nepotism.

But they'll put the non-legacy characters on the thumbnail instead of the ones not dead in some cases...

>I mean they have always licenced out their comics but this one is a freaking marvel property.

It was mentioned in another thread. It's because there was conflict between Disney Animation and Marvel at the time the Big Hero 6 was being made, and so Disney stepped in and made it so that Disney took full control of Big Hero 6 and not Marvel.

That's why you haven't seen anything Big Hero 6 related from Marvel since the Spider-Man Ends of the Earth story five years ago. It's all been Disney now.

>While news of the meeting spread across the convention, the company had to deal with another self-inflicted wound: a partnership with Northrop Grumman was canceled 16 hours after its initial announcement and 14 hours before it was due to be officially unveiled at the convention. The partnership itself apparently came as a surprise to many people working at Marvel, with THR being told by multiple sources that a number of creators had privately expressed unhappiness to the company when it was announced, including threats of resignation.
>Additionally, Marvel chief creative officer Joe Quesada told the audience at one panel during weekend that he, too, had no prior knowledge of the deal with the defense contractor. "I'll be honest with you, I saw it for the first time [same] as you guys," he said during the Sunday Cup O'Joe panel, adding with some understatement, "I think there were some messaging issues."

scientists baffled by company's incredible ability to fuck up every time

Video?

>but they still have star wars comics.

Well, sort of. IDW's publishing the Star Wars comic for kids. This might be closer to WB giving IDW the license to the Cartoon Network characters a few years ago.

I'm wondering about that, too.

So how long until Sup Forums reflexively becomes pro Marvel, now that 'normies' are starting to agree with them?

Then where the hell did it come from if nobody there knew that was a thing

Give it to me straight, Sup Forums: just what the fuck is going on at Marvel? I'm used to this sort of dysfunction in politics and finance, not in comic books.

We really need a "kneelwithcap campaign. We need to insist captain America take an anthem knee.

>"I'll be honest with you, I saw it for the first time [same] as you guys," he said during the Sunday Cup O'Joe panel, adding with some understatement, "I think there were some messaging issues."
Right, if someone were to get their hands on a copy I'm sure there won't be a "Joe Quesada - Chief Creative Officer" credit on the issue at all because someone in your position would be totally kept in the dark about this.

Perlmutter. He's been in bed with the MIC for decades.

So what, Marvel can't even use those characters anymore?

Short sighted would imply their idiotic decisions were even good in the short run.

The company is being run by an insane, amoral Zionist who is becoming increasingly deranged and erratic the more of his misguided moneymaking schemes fall flat.

>Marvel's done a lot of stupid shit

For instance, the line they lured you in with.

Sure looks that way.

we've always been a pro marvel board don't let those Sup Forums shitposters fool you

You need to eighteen or over to post on Sup Forums, buddy. Ultimate Marvel started off pretty good, especially Ult Spidey.

Never, because that's not how it works. Go stab someone over your meme sauce.

>Fire almost your entire editorial staff
>Keep all the nepotism and lapdog
>Hire only the cheapest writers and artists
>Let the few people left run wild but demand results

It's like in the 90's. There's no direction. The inmates are running the madhouse.

Disney wants to appeal to the global market. Diversifying the characters should great many valuable new properties, in theory. Giant companies need giant global markets to grow.

be jewish, married to one or good friends with one

Bendis threw many temper tantrums, people bent over at took Bendis sauce in the ass everything it happened. So entire IPs got fucked over his "contributions" to those IPs and no one could change the shit he puts in so there was no backtracking.

Certain individuals tried to push synergy between departments but it was shit, then we got shithumans.

And finally some greedy bastards tried to pull a Stan Lee and insert their donut steel characters to live from those in their retirement, they did so by killing old IPs and retconing shit left and right to have new characters being they cashcows, they took advantage of the SJW mess to avoid any criticism.

Oh also general SJW bullshit and 0 editorial control led to explosive diarrhea of bad quality that affected the sales, they tried to masquerade this bullshit by locking titles behind and order wall and overptinting toilet paper that is send for "free" to comic stores, however no one buys that shit as it sucks as toilet paper on top of being 8 tomes more expensive.

All of the above is bitting them back.

Also hail hydra Captain America, they really wanted to push an agenda by making old characters look like shit, but they ended up making those old characters look better hence the Cyclops was right on all fronts despite the writers stating multiple times he was Hitler for trying to avoid a genocide by being gassed with green farts by a superior ancient race that has slaves and its all about their monarchy. Irony your name is Marvel.

Marvel is a mess.

I went to complete shit as soon as Miles took over, just like every other dumbass diversity character, coincidentally.

This reminds me of a hilarious exchange in a comments section regarding an article about the retailers displeasure over legacies taking over every IP all at once, alienating kids/new readers. Some guy tried to call another a closed-minded fool for not trying to get his kids to like the new faces, where the other responded "Ever try pushing anything on a kid before? Like giving your son a Wonder Woman costume instead of the Superman one he wanted?" Where the shill tried to spout bullshit that even he had a hard time buying just so he could keep the moral high ground. Long story short, advocates are losing credibility given that they don't read this shit

Ike perlmutter is running the company to the ground. He's trying to maximize profits while minimizing costs.

>manufacturing controversies
>yearly hero vs hero events that lead into next years hero vs hero event
>constant renumbering + variants to inflate sales numbers
>constant relaunching
>hiring sjw[/spoilers] writers outside the industry most likely to pay them cheaper.
>putting non-mcu titles to the corner because they don't own the movie rights.

All this has finally caught to marvel. And its bitting them in the ass.

Wonder if Sunfire falls under that umbrella.

WHY DIDNT YOU MAKE MINE MILKSHAKE?!

>Marvel Legacy No. 1, released two weeks ago and already the most highly ordered comic book release of the year.

If anyone is curious why Marvel forces dozens of unordered copies on retailers to artificially boost Diamond's sales numbers... it's to perpetuate lies like this.

Long Live DC Comics.

DC is getting it right lately. Better stories, diversity that is not forced on us and then when it does not sell, blame readers...

DC is gewd! Marvel is just pandering nonsense.

Why are people pushing this? God, go eat a bag of dicks.

Miles was years after the line launched, and Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate F4, and the Loeb era of Ultimates had already ruined everything way before that.

>despite the existence of video of the meeting taken by those present that contradicts that claim.
NANI?!?

>inflating numbers to look like your sales are good.
I feel like this should be extremely illegal. But I don't shit.

I think since he's associated with the X-Men he'd be with Fox, unless there's a shared thing going on and Disney makes Tadashi into Sunfire (which woudl make him completely different from regular Sunfire backstory-wise).

if it was Ike that did it, I might be willing to buy that one.

But user, I /am/ pro Marvel, that's why I shit on them so much. Because they're ruining something I loved.

>shitting on Marvel is now mainstream
So now we start loving Marvel again, right? Because all you shitheads are the most superficial contrarians on the fucking planet.

>video of the meeting
We need this.

I've been saying "Edgy Hip In Your Face" Ultimate was a mistake since it started. It was as doomed as New Universe, without any of the fresh creativity that went into NU.

What kind of damage is this. How could you not know. Who else would approve?

Pushing what? They literally created drama to avoid valid criticism. Fans were at fault for falling for it, again

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A STABBER MORTY! STABBER RICK!

Valid criticism is giving an editor shit because she got a milk shake?

Maybe the Ad part of Marvel is drastically separate from the creative?

Officially it's gifts! If you make free stuff illegal the world goes to shit.

Except for the part where retailers have to pay the extra shipping for books they didn't order and probably won't sell. It's one of the reasons they've been increasingly bitter.

Criticizing a single editor who works on Star Wars books for the whole company's problems is kinda stupid mate.

If they guy had not been such a fucknut they wouldn't have had the opportunity to spin so hard.

I still don't understand, when companies partner up, it's to sell something.

What the hell does a partnership between Marvel and a defense contractor promote? Did they think they were going to make actual licensed Starktech or some shit? Jericho missiles with the Marvel trademark stamped on the side?

Sometimes the advertisement/merch department can get really dumb
Like that infamous time when they proved in court that mutants aren't people to get tax discounts

Nah, the humiliation conga has just started, I say we get our popcorn for the inevitable double down from Marvel and how much they will fuck up in the following months, this is where the fun begins.

>shitting on Marvel is now mainstream.

Good. Maybe if enough people laugh at them, they'll get their shit together.

at least based marvel doesn't hire rapists and sexual assaulters?

sometimes these defense contractors literally have to give money away to balance books. Yet the US keeps throwing money at them

This. After they release their apology in the form of the 100-page epic called "Carol Danvers gets beaten up by the Marvel Universe" I'll consider it. But not yet.

Give it time, the loudest voices are coming out as enablers and violators. More every day.

I can't wait until they call their SJW shields biggots and see the social media diarrhea this will cause.

I'm enjoying Marvel stupidity way too much.

You'll be waiting for a while. I'm still waiting for an apology for OMD. They've been doubling down for TEN YEARS despite having lost hundreds of thousands of readers and STILL haven't recovered.

People were shtting all over DC during most of the New 52. Not it's Marvel's turn.

>the most superficial contrarians on the fucking planet.
No we're not.

I'm surprised the Mouse isn't informing Marvel Comics to get their shit together. This gives Disney a lot of bad publicity. I mean, what the fuck were they thinking with Hydra Cap? I know it's an alternate copy thanks to the Cosmic Cube, but somebody should've taken a step back and say,"WHOA, I don't think this is going to work out if the public hears about this"

I mean, how the fuck do professionals think that controversy and pissing off readers is a guaranteed success?

But this seems like something the overall CEO would be made aware of.
How is this a just marketing thing? Its not like its merch. Its a definite idea of stem related things.

The current people at Marvel are incapable of recognizing what they did wrong or fool themselves that they are right and that the fans are the ones that are wrong.

They also have zero humility and are vulgar with fans but get offended when they aren't treated with respect.

DC has fucked up a lot and during New 52 they were fucking up so much everyone was laughing at them (including Marvel) but they did Rebirth and told the fans that they did mistakes with New 52 and that they were willing to try something new and so far it's working for them.

Also it helps that DC doesn't pick fights with people in social media.

yes we are, it's just comics are a slower medium than movies.

>This. After they release their apology in the form of the 100-page epic called "Carol Danvers gets beaten up by the Marvel Universe" I'll consider it. But not yet.

Add a Black Bolt redemption arc were he renounces to the monarchy all together and gets his shit together in other to learn to love himself as well as showing remorse for the green fart event as a whole from the Inhumans side and I might consider buying some Marvel again.

A final thing would be Black Spiderman abandoning the Spider mantle and become his own super hero, I mean it is his thing to feel overwhelmed by the shadow of spidey, even if I don't like him he can still be saved by some good writing.

You know very well that undoing OMD will be one of the first things they'll undo when they start having real issues. It's coming, it's coming. I can feel it.

You know how to fix Marvel Comics? Get Shooter back, let him name his price and let him clean it up.

>live action.
Oh, so you mean Sup Forums are hte msot superficial contrarians? Take your shit threads over there faggot.

>Also it helps that DC doesn't pick fights with people in social media.
Not to mention DC has the decency to not bash Marvel publicly.

DC's done a lot of dumb shit in the past like Sue Dibny's rape in Identity Crisis or how they killed off Ryan Choi, but like you said, they actually own up to their mistakes. And most importantly, they never lost sight of entertaining people with fun stories.

And Thanos/Doom beating up squirrel-girl and telling her the "watcher" she talked when she beat him was a thanosbot/doombot.

And bring back mister right. And leotards.

I want a serious answer, Sup Forums: how would you fix Marvel Comics? Hardmode: no undoing One More Day.

I wouldn't. They made their bed, let them lie in it.

>And Thanos/Doom beating up squirrel-girl and telling her the "watcher" she talked when she beat him was a thanosbot/doombot.

I'm OK with squirrel girl, she is played for the laughs. But yeah that would actually bring a lot of fans back.

Clearly the solution is to print comics on comfier paper for wiping

MARVEL NEEDS A SHOOTER
A SHOOTER LIKE JIM

How is that hard mode? The problem isn't the stories or the characters. It's the staff. Get new execs, get editors that actually do their job, get writers more interested in stories than political agendas, and then we'll get somewhere without even needing any reboot.

Fire Ike and bring in or someone like him. He will crash the whip and take no shit from anyone. He will lay out strict guidelines, and Bendis will ignore them enough that he will be fired.

Honestly, all they need is someone to put down rules and enforce them. They can keep the SJW comics, just keep them in the books that should have them.

>no undoing One More Day.
Killing off Peter and Mary Jane from 616 and replace them with alternate reality versions who are married.

Fire all the sjws. Tell guards to shoot them if they are close to the building.
Moore, Gaiman, Morrison. This is your home. Feel free to come and write wonderful stories with our characters. Do whatever you want with them.
Real continuity. Characters will grow old and die. And they won't appear in more than 2 series.
No more decompressed narrative.
No more Ultimate universe.
90s characters: kill them off. Fuck Cable, Deadpool and all that shit.
Punisher out of 616 universe.
Give Moon Knight a decent writer, for Jack's sake.
Fuck crossovers and events.
Less splash pages. We are telling a story, you know.
No far right or far left messages in comics.
Aunt may dies forever.
Iron man: he fell into a puddle and got rust. Killed off or a B-list again.
Characters can smoke or take drugs if necessary or cool.

Why not start their own toilet paper division, I heard there is still a lot of unsold lenticular issues.

This would make Marvel look good since they would recycle them for a more suitable market.

I have mixed feelings about Shooter. On one hand, he kept continuity tight. He always made sure X-Men, F4, Avengers, etc. interacted with one another and events didn't contradict what other books were doing at the time.

On the other hand, he lets his personal biases get the best of him and does some pretty moronic shit like the Rape/Impregnation of Carol Danvars or Hank backhanding Janet.

Saving this for future threads.

I would have Midtown Comics refuse to order Marvel comics for a month, for all of their locations. It's one of the only comics stores in the country that could do that and survive both the loss of revenue and Marvel's retribution. This would be a very strong fuck you to Marvel, make major headlines and help empower other retailers.

Ultimatum 2

Easy, remove everyone and replace them with new blood that wants to work in there. Turn Marvel into a ground for up and coming artists and writers instead of a small circlejerk of incestuous incompetent fucks. This would change Marvel's public persona from a legacy and "old" comics to perhaps a younger and maybe experimental comics, start a series of publications of "What ifs?" and have the more succesful ones become part of the main continuity and to work as a thread for this new teams to start again without having to carry the old and failing baggage of previous writers, this would also allow the characters to go back to "basic" while going in a new direction.

Boom, done, Marvel's fixed and hopefully the market forgets anything bad happened.

>the Rape/Impregnation of Carol Danvers or Hank backhanding Janet
>moronic