Don't mind me, fellas...just posting Sonic the Hedgehog's only good voice actor

Don't mind me, fellas...just posting Sonic the Hedgehog's only good voice actor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MiEwmiPSmto
youtube.com/watch?v=4rhLlDAfifc
youtube.com/watch?v=kGyCaTDFg4I
youtube.com/watch?v=5RLFPqzTvSc
youtube.com/watch?v=jmsV5oznq8s
youtube.com/watch?v=8b5V3EFfPi0
youtube.com/watch?v=EgH-npy0mnc
youtu.be/LqvFZCXPHrU?t=422
youtube.com/watch?v=Usm0Fl6OUf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

also note he voiced his siblings in that god awful sonic underground shit

That was the best fucking part.

WAY

It was a damn shame that they didn't get him to do the voice of Classic Sonic in Sonic Generations. Having Classic Sonic just do weird gestures and be silent was wrong. Everyone knows what he's supposed to sound like.

lets not forget the disgraceful animation

DID I DO THAT?

Why hasn't Jaleel White done something cool since Big Fat Liar?

user, that's not Martin Burke.

>Everyone knows what he's supposed to sound like.
Yep.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiEwmiPSmto

He's got a new sitcom coming out soon.

But user, you accidentally posted a picture of Steve Urkel. This is Ryan Drummond.

This is also an acceptable answer.

>people actually think Martin Burke sounds good

>People actually think Jaleel White's Sonic isn't the worst goddamn Sonic voice this side of early Jason Griffith.

Why did they think it was a good idea to give their "cool" hero a stereotypically annoying nerdy voice?

What the fuck were they even thinking?

[autistic rant]
Why do people think Sonic sounds like Urkel? If you actually bother to compare Jaleel White's Sonic voice with his Urkel voice, you'll hear that it's noticeably less squeaky and dorkish.

Or no, don't even bother comparing. Everyone remembers Urkel saying "Did I do that?". Listen to Sonic in this SatAM clip and tell me that it's the same nerdy voice: youtube.com/watch?v=4rhLlDAfifc

It's not.

[/autistic rant]

>people actually go into fits of rage over who does the voice of a fictional hedgehog
>and none of them mention Roger Craig Smith
youtube.com/watch?v=kGyCaTDFg4I

nostalgiafags are deaf to the wonder that is Roger

If you're trying to say he's the worst Sonic there is, you're correct. He sounds like an annoyingly apathetic hipster. Ryan Drummond (and later Jason Griffith, when he got better) was the closest any English speaking actor came to approximating Jun'ichi Kanemaru's voice.

Weird, that doesn't look like Jason Griffith

Only person who got Sonic's character right is Smith
Boom Sonic is a fucking badass and is by far the only good Sonic we have had since Sonic 1 Sonic

STRANGE, ISN'T IT

No, nostalgiafags just remember that Sonic is supposed to sound COOL.

>inb4 "Before Roger the franchise's idea of cool was outdated 90's and early 00's 'attitude'"

Yeah, and Sonic has never really outgrown that, either. Nor will it. If you have a problem with the way Griffith and Drummond voiced Sonic, you really just have a problem with Sonic as his eponymous Team envisions him.

>Only person who got Sonic's character right is Smith
Yeah, no. Say what you will about the recent games, but I really don't think you understand Sonic's character better than Sonic Team. Go listen to Jun'ichi Kanemaru, pleb.

Nothing against him (I'd take him over Smith in a heartbeat), but his voice was literally just a 8/10 impression of Ryan Drummond.

Im not listening to some faggot jap
Sonic was always geared towards Americans, therefore the American VAs are superior

>Only person who got Sonic's character right is Smith
This. Sonic was always kind of a dick and Smith nailed his dickishness.

>Kids! You're not important! You're not cool! You're dumb! No one likes you! You have a problem learning how to read! If that makes you feel uncomfortable, THAT'S TOO BAD!. So what do you do? First, you DRINK LIQUOR, then you TOUCH a police officer.

Smith > Burke > White > Griffith > Dogshit > Drummond

Smith's is the only voice is the only one who isn't obnoxiously exaggerrated.

>Sonic was always geared towards Americans, therefore the American VAs are superior
If that's so, then you should have had no problems with the games' original US actor, but guess what? He clearly modeled his take on the character after Kanemaru's.

Don't believe me? Take a listen:

American: youtube.com/watch?v=5RLFPqzTvSc

Japanese: youtube.com/watch?v=jmsV5oznq8s

You're right that Sonic has always had a more American flair, mainly because of his attitude. If you had any appreciation for that fact you would hate the whiny hipster that Roger Craig Smith's voice and the recent games scripts have turned him into. But that's assuming you're not just a Boomfag.

Who gives a shit? He sounds like he's meant to be purposefully annoying. Seriously, just do like a stock "annoying character" voice and it's Sonic. What the fuck kinda voice is this for your cool protagonist?

You mean the character who was conceived by a Japanese artist as a take on American "coolness", combining elements of Michael Jackson, Mickey Mouse, and Bill Clinton, had an exaggerated, over-the-top the voice?

NO FUCKING WAY.

>I always imagined Sonic as a dick so Sonic must be a dick, okay? He doesn't sound like a dick in the Japanese versions, but what do the people making the games know?

>He sounds like an annoyingly apathetic hipster
Mainly in boom

link

>He sounds like he's meant to be purposefully annoying.
There's only one way he's "meant" to sound, and to find that sound you have to go back to when SEGA still gave a shit, back when they first cast the official US and JP voices for the characters. The 4Kids recasts were soundalikes and the newer voices were all cast after Iizuka stopped giving a damn.

oh shit what is this from i remember this

sweet thanks

I can't find it. Where can I watch Family Matters?

lol no one cares about how sega wants sonic to be, the only good sonic media in the last 10 goddamn years were created outside of sonic team
especially if they want their cool hero to sound like fuckin database from the simpsons you autist no one wants to hear that shit

youtube.com/watch?v=EgH-npy0mnc

>People unironically think this spongebob sounding faggot beta male was a good sonic
>inb4 "duh I wanna fuck that tails voice xd" proving once again modern hentai faggots are the cancer of this series

>writes nigh-unintelligible lowercase response
>starts with lol
>ends with a fucking Simpsons reference
>somehow I'M The autist
Yeah, no.

>sonic fan
>not the autist
lol

Tangentially related, who's everyone's preferred Goku voice?

whoever was the Ocean dub voice

Which one? He had 3.

I don't know how to make this clearer to you: it doesn't fucking matter what YOU think Sonic should sound like. If you have a problem with exaggerated "2fast4you" cheese, maybe Sonic was never for you--the character has been like that since the beginning. Hell, even the edgier Britbong comics had a fair amount of cheesy 90's 'tude. It's part of who Sonic is, and it was reflected in every official voice actor until Smith.

But instead of accepting that Sonic's personality was set in stone when the series first moved to 3D and they cast an official JP actor (and a US one that carried the same vibe), you prefer to live in this fantasy where Boom Sonic is the way Sonic was always meant to be, and anyone who calls you out on that is an autist. Sad.

Whenever you feel dumb, just say to yourself, "at least i never thought casting Jaleel White as a teenage girl was a good idea."

Then why'd they change it? They knew his voice was a joke.

>"being a sanic fan maeks u an autist lol"
>posting in this thread

Go back to jacking off to sonic colors faggot

Short answer: THEY didn't. The people who make the games still use Jun'ichi Kanemaru. Compare clips of the Japanese Sonic Colors or Lost World with the English dub and you'll hear a more energetic, less apathetic Sonic. And it doesn't really matter that "Sonic was always for Americans", because it's not Americans who made the character and are making the games (Sonic Mania and those awful Boom games aside).

Sega of America recast US Sonic in part because of the poor reception Griffith had received, mostly from Drummond fans. Ryan Drummond vs. Jason Griffith was a very real debate in the Sonic fandom, and not many people, to my recollection, had complained about Drummond's Sonic until Griffith fans started bashing him in response to the Drummond fans.

TL;DR, Sega of America execs are kind of retarded, and if Smith was cast as a result of some purposeful shift in Sonic's character, why the hell is being voiced the same as always in the JP versions?

Why would I jack off to the game where the actor I literally just finished dissing was first cast? Troll smarter, not harder.

Smith's Sonic voice just sounds cocky all the time. It's like he's trying too hard to sound cool, and it ends up sounding like a generic, whiney, constipated, "cool guy" sounding voice. He can't a serious Sonic to save his life.

Why do people unironically like Ryan Drummond so much? His voice wasn't bad, but his acting and delivery were shit.

>his acting and delivery were shit.

Again, this is an issue with the games' writing, not the actors.

youtu.be/LqvFZCXPHrU?t=422

There are only so many ways you can say lines like
>"C'mon, let's go home--to the planet as cool and blue as me!" (7:02)
and
>"Sayonara... Shadow the Hedgehog." (7:14)

You're deluding yourself if you think Griffith and Craig's performances aren't also "shit" in their own ways. The material they're working with isn't exactly Shakespeare.

I like Roger the most.

Well Sonic is supposed to be the cool lone wolf, and Roger nailed the aspect.

This was the straw that broke Urkel's back. that's why he got replaced, and not just because of contract limitations

I like the Boom voice a lot. He could honestly be Spider-Man.

Sean Schemmel when he had been doing it for a while, but not TOO long. It was that sweet spot of "fun loving manchild" and "protector of earth who knows what he's doing."

youtube.com/watch?v=Usm0Fl6OUf0

fags