How many webcomics have tried to get animated - and have any managed to make something watchable?

How many webcomics have tried to get animated - and have any managed to make something watchable?

I remember PVP, Least I Could Do, and CtrlAltDel all made attempts.

wondering if anyone actually succeeded at this because apparently Goblins is setting up a kickstarter - youtube.com/watch?v=km9RAIeccBQ

Other urls found in this thread:

planet-panic.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=dwEOkme69TA
youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>have any managed to make something watchable?
vg cats and 8-bit theater technically

Homestuck made a successful video game

>Goblins
That guy who has a mental breakdown three times a year? He should probably just not do this, its going to likely end in disaster.

>VG Cats
DOWN AT AN ENGLISH FAIR
ONE EVENING I WAS THERE
NOW NOBODY READS THE COMIC THANKS TO RAMSOOMAIR

>Goblins animated
Is there an
"IM SAD
SAAAAD"
Episode? that's kind of a dealbreaker

Planet Panic was a very short-lived webcomic, and recently got fucking stellar Nickelodeon pilot, if that counts.

planet-panic.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=dwEOkme69TA

Probably most that made money,
Zero.

All I remember is some LFG shorts way back when.

youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g

One Punch Man

luckiest fucking guy ever

Ava's demon and homestuck have slightly static animations with pretty good music

I don't get it, was he lucky to write something good? He just proved that comics are not only about perfect art.

Axe Cop

Does it count when it's based off the redraw done by Yusuke Murata?

Didn't ONE had some success before Murate came to him? Not sure but I thkn the webco was quite popular

Yes. ONE's stuff looks like shit, but that's normal for gag manga, and ONE had quite a few hits before OPM.

Mob 100 also got animated.

>successfully made a video game
and even that correction is highly debatable

>Homestuck made a successful video game
>until they actually had to release it
Ah, crowdfunding.

I didn't realize it was a webcomic first - but I'd still count it as long as the basic concept didn't change.

That and Axe Cop both work, so I guess not everybody has failed at this.

Comic was made to sell the pilot.

actually, I'll correct myself, you were right
they did fund King's Quest and that did okay

They were working on a movie for that too, but all they ever released was another unfinished disney parody.

After a quick search it looks like they never officially cancelled it and made some excuse about government subsidies delaying the work somehow. So its technically been in development hell for about 11 years.

Z-Zoophobi-(gets shot)

Honestly, CAD Animated is pretty funny if you watch it on youtube with annotations.

3 years ago?
Well, if that's true then, nevermind, I guess.

The first problem was Viv deciding her childhood pet project should still be worked on. The college short film was the best the idea ever got to and the only good thing about the webcomic is that she can draw.