Rumored FLASHPOINT Plot/Cast Details

Big if true.

Barry Allen (Ezra Miller), also known as "The Flash", has proven himself as a hero by helping the Justice League repel an extraterrestrial invasion. Since then, he has dedicated himself to protecting Central City and pursuing his longtime crush, young reporter Iris West (Kiersey Clemons). But on the anniversary of his mother Nora's brutal murder and his father Henry's (Billy Crudup) wrongful incarceration, Barry is overcome with grief and uses his powers to breach the space-time continuum and journey back to the past to prevent the tragic outcome of that fateful night.

Barry returns to a world changed by his selfish act: The Justice League never came together, and the world is on the verge of collapse under the tyrannical leadership of Eobard Thawne, a speedster from the distant future, where he was once Barry's sworn enemy. Bound by a temporal paradoxes that made his very existence reliant upon the Flash's, Thawne was never able to directly kill Barry, and settled for murdering Nora and framing Henry as a way to torment his nemesis. But Barry's own actions have given Thawne the necessary power to reshape the world to his will.

Aided by Iris, whose unspoken connection to Barry has preserved her memories, Barry restores his powers and sets out to reassemble the Justice League, whose calls to action were silenced by Thawne to prevent their heroic fates, in order to challenge Thawne's rule before the world plunges into war. But to accomplish that, the once-novice hero will have to embrace the role of leader to a Clark Kent that spent his whole life under the government's custody, a Bruce Wayne that never lost his parents and is the frivolous playboy he once only pretented to be, a Diana that never left the safety of Paradise Island, an Arthur Curry who remains oblivious to his Atlantean heritage, and a Victor Stone who is confined to the facilites of S.T.A.R Labs following an unsuccessful merger with alien technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bIMVrX9CaVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IT'S GONNA BE A UNIVERSE REBOOT AFTER ALL

HOLY KEK

Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ray Fisher are confirmed. Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck in talks to return.

Vera Farmiga in negotiations for Nora Allen.

Watchlist for Eobard Thawne includes Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender, Jake Gyllenhall, Oscar Isaac, Joel Edgerton, Ed Skrein, Adam Driver, Dan Stevens, Matthew Goode, Eric Bana, Alexander Skarsgard and Tom Hiddleston.

Robert Zemeckis eyed to direct. Michael Bay, Matthew Vaughn, Duncan Jones and Gore Verbinski also possibilities.

Slated for 2020/2021.

here's an honest to god REAL Flashpoint movie spoiler

it ain't happening DC is dead after JL bombs and this Ben Affleck scandal just made sure it does

that is a horrible Flash costume.
it's like he's wearing a junkyard

>Aided by Iris, whose unspoken connection to Barry has preserved her memories,

>Michael Bay, Matthew Vaughn, Duncan Jones and Gore Verbinski also possibilities.

lol

What scandal?

>Aided by Iris, whose unspoken connection to Barry has preserved her memories

Michael Bay directing a Flash movie could be bad in the greatest way possible.

but is she still his sister in this timeline?

also, this just seems like it's either going to be a reboot (which means they don't know what the fuck they're doing) or everything is going to be reset at the end of the movie and nothing of consequence is going to happen other than barry learning something and forgetting it 5 minutes later, just like the tv show

He's a groper and covered for Harvey Weinstein in the past.

Nobody is paying much attention to it, though.

>Trademark Baysome action and visuals.
>Police station scenes a la "Bad Boys".
>Captain Cold a la Hummel from "The Rock"
>Rogues' camaraderie a la the drillers from "Armaggedon".
>Cheesy "Pearl Harbor"-esque romantic scenes for Barry and Iris.
>Crazy tech and science a la "The Island".
>Extravagant balls-to-the-walls action setpieces from the "Transformers" saga.

FUCKING

FUND

IT

wut

the same one Whedon and Weinstein have

fucking this

Please. You seriously think that'll tank a Hollywood blockbuster? Chris Brown still makes tons of money and he BEATS women. Celebrities can get away with anything.

>Wonder Woman a huge success
>Aquaman looking like it's going to be a lot of fun

>flashpoint movie that DOESN'T feature the Atlantis/Themysicra War

Wht the fuck would it be a reboot. Its not maybe outside small changes like how they did in the back to the future movies.

>You seriously think that'll tank a Hollywood blockbuster?
that and it following 4 of the worst movies ever made plus the trailers and tv spots aren't doing any favors

face it it's got failure written ALL OVER it

Is anyone else not sure this is even real? DC just needs to stick to television.

I want to believe it too user but judging by the dislikes on certain youtube videos, DCEU still has its fans.

>No Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne

BOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

>DC just needs to stick to television.
yeah because Flash, Arrow, and Powerless were so fucking amazing

>no Thomas Wayne

those "fans" aren't going to be enough to cover the production cost, marketing, and MASSIVE fucking reshoots

and besides most of those retards probably aren't going to go because "WHEDON DESTROYED MY GOD'S PERFECT KINO"

What actually probably happened:
>Ben tries to get by a group of people
>hand brushes against her butt while he tries to shimmy through
>no words exchanged, no glances exchanged, Ben just continues on to wherever he was going
>has no idea he literally fingerbanged a random make-up artist through her dress for no reason until he's accused of it 3 years later

Do you shills ever get fucking tired of sprouting clickbait

>Tom Hiddleston.
He'd be a good Zoom, but that probably won't happen.

I hate Flashpoint, I really do. We could have had Oceans Eleven with The Rogues BUT NO, we needed to do DC's equivalent of fucking Civil War

>Not turning the two new biggest cash-cows into psychotic killers.

Sounds like smart business, senpai.

I'm pretty sure the people I'm seeing JL with have no idea about any of this and if I told them they'd just go "huh. haha. ok." It's all a bunch of hot air.

Flashpoint was a terrible storyline and they need to stop adapting it.

I would honestly prefer The Trial of the Flash as a first Flash movie, complete with the Big Sir-induced facial reconstruction surgery.

They're using his face in that image So yeah at least he looks the part.

He's at the end of his run with Marvel and already has a working relation with WB. There's a fair chance.

I'm in for a Rogues movie too user. We have Flashpoint comic, Flashpoint tv series and Flashpoint animated movie. Don't need another movie.

Jake Gyllenhaal would be a great Thawne

Must run in the family.

You've got pretty much the entire Rogues fandom in agreement with you.

/r/DC_Cinematic is conflicted over the reports coming out and with Affleck's luck this isn't going away any time soon. Guess it depends on if the ex makes any kind of statement.

Anyway, if the Jonestown of this franchise is having doubts, this movie is screwed.

>4 of the worst movies ever made
Wonder Woman was a smashing success though.

The moderators of all the giant comic/tv/movie themed subleddits will delete all sorts of posts that they find too triggering even if you're truly walking on eggshells for them and not breaking a single rule. People stop bothering posting at all because of that. If you browse reddit you should know that by now. I'm not convinced most people subbed there give a shit about Affleck's drunken misadventures or the fallacious claims dropped on his lap.

t. Marvel-fag.

>Robert Zemeckis
>Michael Bay
>Matthew Vaughn
>Duncan Jones
>Gore Verbinski

did they pull those names out of a fucking hat? how the fuck is your shortlist of directors made up of filmmakers with such massive differences in style and skill? Like, I remember the shortlist for directors for Episode VII being Abrams, Brad Bird, and maybe Jon Faverau I'm not 100% sure, but the point is those three directors are at least similar enough for it to be clear that Lucasfilm knew what they wanted for the film.

What the fuck do Zemeckis, Bay, Vaughn, Jones, and Verbinski have in common? Aside from directing big budget movies, which isn't much of an achievement in Hollywood nowadays anyway.

Real big coop you got there, just copy pasting the comic's plot.

Why it called flashpoint?

>Diana that never left the safety of Paradise Island

But she did it years before Barry's mom's death

>Civil War

It's Age of Apocalypse.

nobody cares about dc user

says the cocklet

You break the sound barrier, creates a sonic boom. You broke the time barrier Time boom. Litte ripples of distortion throughout the timeline

Arrow was pretty good last season but I meant animation mostly.

>Watchlist for Eobard Thawne includes
Thawne should be played by Ezra Miller since he canonically altered his appearance to mirror Barry's.

yeah because TTG their ONLY ANIMATED SHOW is so fucking amazing

nah. People have been asking for Jeffery Dean Morgan to play Thomas Wayne Batman in Flashpoint for years.

>a Bruce Wayne that never lost his parents and is the frivolous playboy he once only pretented to be

Don't think this will happen unless Ben Affleck is replaced by Armie Hammer.

sounds like too much shit to do in 2 hours which means itll be awful.

If you genuinely believe that MoS, BvS, SS and WW are the 4 worst movies ever made you're a lucky man as you've not seen anything that bad

Well, AoA wasn't adapted to the big screeen, so it's more like DoFP.

>Ben is getting shit on now for something one person alleges happened more than 3 years ago
There is no statute of limitations on thought-crime
>Oh but she needed time to heal her PTSD
No. Not 3 years. Report that shit when it happens.

>Colin Farrell

Fuck YES
youtu.be/bIMVrX9CaVw

>Fassbender as Thawne

his shit eating grin would be so unsettling and it would be amazing