After Julie Kavner leaves us, do you think they'll cancel the show...

After Julie Kavner leaves us, do you think they'll cancel the show, recast her with maybe Tress MacNeille or go the 8 Simple Rules route and keep it going without Marge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZjRyKOcSCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The show ends. No way they can get someone to replace EVERY character that the six mains (Castellanetta, Cartwright, Kavner, Yeardley, Azaria, and Shearer) have voiced. Any of them dying effectively mutes up to an entire third of Springfield's population.

The middle one, but with a young actress who doesn't know what Hell awaits her for the rest of her life.

Except if Yeardley dies. Then it's just Lisa and kids that closely sound like Lisa.

Fox will try to recast but there'll be some big blowup because everyone else just wants the damn show to end, so they'll cave and cancel it.

Maybe they can get away with not having Yeardley since she voices almost nobody beyond Lisa, but someone like Castellanetta leaving would utterly destroy the entire show.

if they'll recast her they'll recast anyone and the simpsons really will last forever

They'd sooner reboot the whole thing than put down such a big money maker.

>Simpsons reboot happening while the original show is still going on

>someone like Castellanetta leaving would utterly destroy the entire show.

This is how Harry Shearer keeps upping the number of dumptrucks full of money he gets per episode.

Or worse, They make the 10-20 year timeskip a show.

>Simpsons
>Still a moneymaker

I wonder if her throat is in constant pain now.

They'll make a spinoff which is just about lisa.

>Simpsons reboot

And he reportedly doesn't even set foot in the recording studio. They mail him the scripts with only his lines written out, he says what he's told to say for each character, and he sends the recordings back.

The show will end only when one of the six mains passes away. Even then, I would not put it past Fox to try re-casting specific voices or using some kind of technology to re-create their voices using existing material (think South Park and "The Return of Chef", but far smoother in execution).

Key word there is "try", though. If one of the main six die, I imagine the other five would say "yeah it's time to end it".

I dunno, Julie doesn't voice too many characters besides Marge these days, so she's pretty replaceable, same with Yeardley and even Cartwright, heck of the actual Simpson family only Dan is irreplaceable

>Simpsons reboot

>this could actually happen

>it could be rebooted with MacFarlane in charge

If Fox replaced any of the VAs who perform the Simpsons roles, that replacement would be immediately noticeable. Fox might be able to find people who could do a near-perfect impersonation -- and do that voice for a lot less money -- but near-perfect is not perfect.

They should do a finale episode and store it in the event of the death of one of them

Then you might have a "How I Met My Mother" situation where the ending feels horribly out of place with the entire rest of the show.

...oh wait this is The Simpsons, everything after Season 9 feels horribly out of place with the rest of the show. Carry on, then!

they'll recast with a similar voice and everyone will forget.
honestly i don't know anyone irl who still watches the simpsons.

I could go for a season long arc of that

And they'll give everybody real skin tones, like in Futurama.

youtube.com/watch?v=rZjRyKOcSCg

If Marge does then Lisa should end up getting knocked up shortly after

Nothing screams "please watch us, we still exist" like a one-two punch of controversial storylines

MacFarlane's far too busy rebooting-but-not-really-rebooting Star Trek to do that.

Jesus. the thought alone is horrible

"in the event" was key there user. it would only be so they have something to end on, if they make it to a finale, if they ever have one, it should be different

Wait, who died on HIMYM?

I would rather see a simpsons rebootquel with a new creative team, cast and direction than another fucking season of soulless trash

What if the sris continue without marge? could be interesting to see the characters evolves in a new setting.

that's actually a decent idea

I want hasbro to acquire the rights to the simpsons and reboot it as a toy advertisement.

Why even work if you are that uncommited.

Is marvel gonna start doing two dumb things at once?

Money can be exchanged for goods ab=nd services.

As of a few days ago australia is free. 10 had some sort of falling out with fox and no longer has the rights to it's shows. Only foxtel has simpsons now.

There's so many episodes they probably have voice clips of Marge saying any possible word they could possibly need her to say in future episodes and just splice them together.

They will replace those voice actors with a shit eating grin and run the show until it stops producing acceptable returns.

Like they haven't already?

Meant to say "dies" not "does"

"I-wanna-snuggle-with-my-Homie"

>pregnant eight year-old

>Simpsons reboot

Oh jesus lord. I couldn't take this.

Imagine the ratings killing off Marge would bring!

Best reaction image ever.

Nobody died, but they shot the finale years in advance so the flash forward with the kids wouldn't have them age out of being kids and thus were locked into that ending, even though the rest of the show basically moved past that point thanks to years of the cast and writers developing differently, it suddenly railroaded back into the main character being into one of the females that he'd moved on from several seasons prior because the ending was him getting with her.

Would be if it weren't for almost every timeskip episode being boring and unfunny. The classic era ones obviously aren't TERRIBLE due to the sheer writing talent but they're still my least favorites behind the clipshows (other than the 138th Episode Spectacular which is hilarious)

Writers are probably cucked enough to do it by this point

Bullshit. Simpsons prints money. Even if the production team wants it to end they will end up recasting it anyway.

I'm sure Fox is completely fine with a second tier character like Krabappel being burred. Not the whole show.

Oh neat.

they have hundreds of hours of recorded speech, they dont need a new actress to replace the voice of marge

Why does everyone think Julie's gonna die first?

Make it 2 or 3 years and I can get behind that idea

Because she sounds like she's dying?

That voice has clearly taken a strain on her vocal cords, so she's usually considered the most likely.

They'll have a special where Marge gets a disease or cancer or something like that and is dying. They bait everyone into thinking Marge really is going to die along said with her VA.

In the end she'll be fine and use said disease as an excuse of her voice sounding a little different.

A cop out like that would make them lose viewers

For some reason, I decided to check out the latest episode (a decision I immediately regretted), but holy shit does her voice sound terribly shot. It actually sounded like it was painful for her to do it.

They pulled this shit before and it worked for Family Guy. Besides people watch The Simpsons because it serves as good background noise or children who want to stay up late and want to watch dirty humor.

To be fair, if most people had to do a voice like that for over 30 years they would sound like they're one foot in the grave as well.