Mona the Vampire

Can someone explain this cartoon to me? Is this suppose to be an educational cartoon or is it a "cartoon cartoon"?

The pacing of it all reminds me a bit of Arthur, which makes it kind of boring, even though it dives into some dark pagan shit and it can be a little funny at times.

There was a thread here yesterday, so I figured I'd watch an episode or two. Of course, I never read "the books" so I don't know much about Mona. All I'm getting in here is that she's sort of cute, but the way she acts in the show is obnoxious at times.

Why isn't she more like a goth?

It's like Stickin' Around; it's adventures that revolves around the hyperactive imaginations of children that take it completely seriously.

Man that costume is atrocious...

It's Canadian content created to satisfy government regulations. Move along, nothing to see here - quite literally.

It was based on a book by a Brit, you bitch.

Doesn't change anything I wrote.

I didn't know that the show was based on a book
>says it in the opening
Well, guess I'm not very observant.

Just admit you want to watch it for the feet.

This was aggressively schedules on CBBC when I was a kid, which was annoying because I didn't at all care for it.

Fuck I hated this show. My brother and I used to hate-watch it during the summer of '01
that was a good summer

I distinctly remember during October of 2000-and-something CBBC presenters were taking call-in requests for halloween-themed shows to broadcast, and I remember girl requesting Mona. I was totally baffled as to why anyone would request that.

Retal! I've only seen you around Danger Mouse threads. Guess you have a thing for brit cartoons?

Here design (without the dumb costume) is cute, at least

I'm all over the place.
>Guess you have a thing for brit cartoons?
I am a brit.

>it dives into some dark pagan shit

More like, entry-level mythical creatures and monsters. Even though they'll use terminology like "Hexes" over "Magic spells" and using "Conjurers" and Shapeshifters over "Wizards" "Magicians"

That probably triggered some parents, I guess.

Lily was my first waifu.

The show's cute and fun, but the real appeal comes from seeing what the world is like outside of their imaginations. They make a lot of jokes about how everyone around them just thinks Mona and her friends are weirdos who just keep on lucking out.

It's basically Elliot kid but mona has consistent cosplay.

>Is this suppose to be an educational cartoon or is it a "cartoon cartoon"?
Its a cartoon cartoon with the usual message of cartoons of that time that said "go outside, play with ur friends and u can have a good time like these little chucklefucks just did".

There was next to no education besides a few supernatural trivia like salt silver garlic and mirrors

For a cartoon that came out of the 90s, it had such a 1980s opening theme

*late 90s

Didn't realise it came out in the 90's.
Learning a lot today.

This cartoon really pissed me off as a kid
Like it was always just her fantasy BUT ITS A FUCKING CARTOON SHOW WHY NOT JUST HAVE IT ACTUALY HAPPEN?

Can we use this thread to talk about good underrated cartoons?
>best opening song
>villains are great
>basicly a much better version of fairy oddparents

i liked mona moar
but still, gud taste