Falcon #1 storytime

In which the Falcon tries to do something even harder than fighting Hydra: fixing Chicago's crime problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H4A1haySbx8
abc2news.com/news/region/anne-arundel-county/annapolis-native-and-hollywood-producer-writing-marvel-comic-book
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, written by an actual black guy.

70's costume was far cooler.

Best Falcon was written by Kirby.

I do agree that his classic outfit was better, but this one's OK too. I do like how it's now bulletproof.

Preemptively disappointed about the entire Remender and early Spencer era character development to be ignored
This nigga was Captain America and his reasoning for giving back the shield to Steve was "oh, you're back now" -he was ALREADY back after Pleasant Hill and Sam stayed as Cap, plus the fact that Steve Rogers had automatically a right to be Captain America is what led to the whole Hydra takeover fiasco.
I want to like the book and honestly we always knew that Sam was eventually going back to his Falcon identity, but it's like they chose the naivest, most inconsequential timing to do that

Since we're on the subject of Chicago, I'm still mad that Nighthawk was casually killed off in Occupy Avengers.

>Ian Zola
>Joaquín Torres Flacon
>This new Patriot
That's 3 sidekicks for Sam in just 3 years. Why do they keep changing? Should have just stuck with Joaquín, he was fun.

I'm a huge Falcon fan (Madbomb was one of the first comic arcs I ever read) but I can already see this isn't my jam.
Seroiusly low effort art- even for house style.

I get what you mean. It's kind of weird how Sam gave up the title of Captain America, then took it back at the end of Secret Empire, then gave it up again.

The hell happened with Kid Falcon anyway?

Marvel doesn't really have a "house style", but yeah the art could be better.

>My best friend, who was a symbol for all that's great about this country, lied to me for decades
Huh? Is Sam just saying this to gain their trust and use an example?
First of all, Sam didn't know Steve for decades. Second of all, Steve never lied to him, he should know this, Captain Hydra was caused by the Cosmic Cube.

It just goes to show you how superficial Marvel was being by giving Sam the Captain America title. They had no real direction with him, but they had to make it look like the decision was made with resolve, and then they simply undid it. I’m betting this was likely because of the Secret Empire backlash.

>house style
Well they do over-color a lot, look at the cracker's face in I see that a lot in Marvel. Also the lack of anything distinctive or noticibly stylizef in the art seems to be a concious choice too.

Kid Falcon was in Secret Empire and made it out alive. He's still around, just not in any books.

>Huh? Is Sam just saying this to gain their trust and use an example?
That's probably a Generations reference, where he experienced a lifetime in a few moments.

Speaking of Kid Falcon, this scene would have worked better with him since he actually does know Spanish, and as a marginalized Latino illegal immigrant he would be able to get other latinos to trust him more easily.

So the poor oppressed minorities want peace but the evil white man won't let them?

Classic

>Sam's Dad lied about being their landlord
Dayum

Better Aim

It's actually more than that, keep reading

I more bothered by the art than the blaxploitation plot. So much black used to cover bad drawings. Everything looks muddy and static. Too many head/above the waist only shots.

Nah, they definitely had a very strong one under Remender. Steve getting old, having a son, feeling more disconnected from the world and becoming tactical aid to the man on the field -maybe the idea wasn't there from the very start of Marvel Now, but it made lots of sense from the Nuke arc onwards. Plus Remender started to establish Sam's side cast (Ian as his Bucky, Misty, old Sharon that was definitely going to be revealed as a fake), character motifs like his not having kids and his own villains with the whole pallel Hydra and the traitor in the Avengers' midst
Too bad Marvel completely dropped the ball with Rick, I still think there was some truth to his supposed taking over the X-titles and that they stopped it way too late for him to be interested with working with them still

>evil white man
user, he's not actually white. In fact, he's pitch black.

Man, who'd have thought that ending crime in Chicago would be so complicated.

There’s simply no reason to take Steve’s title while Steve is still alive. Doesn’t matter how old Steve is. When Bucky did it, Steve was “dead”. It was a sensible move. With Sam, it was forced.

It’s Blackheart influencing people. The solicits already spoiled this.

It's too bad all those plots Remender set up for Hydra will never be resolved. Like who was the Avengers traitor that was in the Hydra Hugh Council. Or the Hydra High Council in general.

But Bucky didn't return the Captain America name until Fear Itself. There was almost a year worth of comics where Bucky was Cap while Steve was "Commander Rogers."

>user, he's not actually white. In fact, he's pitch black.
Yup, there's only one way to defeat this

>youtube.com/watch?v=H4A1haySbx8

Fun fact: the author of this comic actually worked on the show.

>Fun fact: the author of this comic actually worked on the show.
alright I'll keep reading it but Priest did it better

Yes that was stupid too.

Next time: Falcon fights Blackheart without a Venom Blast to bail him out

wasn't it the other way around, Hydra had people everywhere?
I guess it was Steve & the secret empire was just Remender's notes that Spencer badly expanded on

>Doesn’t matter how old Steve is.
In that case Steve had the body of a 90yo so I think it does -it's just that Steve Rogers is an interesting character enough for him to work under other roles and personas -Nomad for instance, or to stay true to your example, Head of S.H.I.E.L.D. Super Soldier since he actually did NOT go back to be Cap once he was resurrected, dimwit.
Remender set up a conflict about him being seen as a government (or SHIELD) stooge that stayed there even if he was not the one in the field, but allowed him to play the resolution differently than "oh Cap punched the bad guys again, I guess he's the hero mmkay"
Not that all of this actually went anywhere since Nick "self-awareness" Spencer took over

And now for the obligatory Marvel Legacy primer pages.

it was either finger tenting or mustache twirling. Sadly they couldn't fit a train track in the office to tie a pregnant black mother to

Why does Blackheart have to be white as a human? He could easily be a brother. His dad is a shit and he has dreads. Hell, his name has "Black" right in it.

>he actually did NOT go back to be Cap once he was resurrected
I already expressed my awareness of this fact here It’s the equivalent of Thor giving up his name and title to Jane. It’s retarded.

>Made me an Avenger
>A job I quit after like 5 minutes because I realized I was literally a token black guy.

Because white devil, user.

a good way to re introduce Mike Badilino vengeance GR, since he's black/spanish now

but then marvel forgot that Vengeance exists on the GR timeline

JUST

Because A. he probably killed and took the place of the already existing mayor, who was white, and B. because he's trying to sow racial division and chaos. If it's a black man instigating the war between the latinos and blacks then it's black vs. latino. If it's a white man doing it, then you wrap whites into it to, thus causing even more racial anger.

And that's that, hope you enjoyed.
I personally did, nitpicks aside.

This dude was involved in the Boondocks and Everybody Hates Chris, hopefully he'll do good on this

Yeah, might actually add this to my pull list afterall. Need something to replace Royals now that it's turned into yet another Cuckbolt story.

>T'Challa
>comes from where I'm from
T'Challa was born into fucking royalty in a country where everyone is black

Wow, Blackheart really knows a lot about human culture.

That might have been intentional.

Well, yes, he wouldn't be a very good devil if he didn't.

Hey now, they just made Bruno Carrelli an honorary Wakandan, so there's at least one white guy living there now.

People have to retire eventually.

I get the point of your post but it's actually been canon that he does since Ann Nocenti's Daredevil

Turns out, the writer's local news station did a report on him
>abc2news.com/news/region/anne-arundel-county/annapolis-native-and-hollywood-producer-writing-marvel-comic-book

>abc

That's Ryder right there!

Oh, crap.
I hope this is not going to be another editorial mess, where heroes think Steve is litteraly Hitler now although they all saw him defeating Evil Steve.

This costume didn't look so bad on the cover, but it actually does in the comic proper

thanks for the storytime, user.
I can't expect the highest of quality plot elements from a fucking comic book, so I'll restrain my gripes. I thought it was decent with a promise of potential. It kicked the shit out of spontaneous mutant dance parties.

Evil Steve is the real one from their perspective, including himself. Only the Cosmic Cube created one sees himself as the real one.

How exactly is Sam going to fight Blackheart? Dude is a "little" out of his league, unless he's bringing in Jericho Drum for backup.

By passing all of Blackheart's tests and impressing him with his ability for self-determination and helping others.

But when he traveled back in time, Sam befriended Steve and knew he wasn't Hydra.
Does that mean he thinks Hydra Steve reality was the true one, and that it got rewritten by Kobik?

Yes, Snap Wilson thinks that Steve Rodgers was a member of Hydra.

I'd say that Deodato's CGI-modelling is starting to spread to other artists, but it isn't an epidemic yet

While I like Sam I don't think one thing fucked him over as Captain America. I think it was everything around him.

First the movies for Cap are some of the best of MCU(by the general public) and you have the Stucky fandom that came with it plus all the people who are now into Steve.

It was not long ago that Bucky was Cap for a good three years at least. For a lot of old school fans they just got Steve to only have him be replaced not soon after can be very jarring.

Nick Spencer focused so much on Sam whining that he did not really capture the appeal of Cap
Which is fighting for your ideals even if you have to go against the institution That made you.

Someone call Miles. He can oneshot this guy.

I feel the opposite way, the cover looked ugly but I like the design internally.
This was better than I expected it to be.

So this is 100% going to be under 15k by the sixth issue, but still kept around for 20+

Nah, this isn't the kind of book Marvel would feel the need to keep around.

Pretty much.

What's with the fidget spinner?

Well they did mention Brother Voodoo early in the Issue. He's the gun on the mantlepiece in act 1

He has a fucking fidget spinner

>this can't be happening, I'm in charge here!
What did Barnes mean by this?

>TV writer
>Weak artist
>second string MC
Born to fail.

Marvel used to understand the need for a star in at least one of these categories for at least the first few issues-Fuck they launched Wolverie with all three.

>for decades!

blacked comics but no white chicks banging him.

Why is liberal Rahm Emanuel being so KKK? Oh, my bad, I forgot that the KKK was formed by Democrats.

Wow. Just wow. Make the white man an evil landlord because because, yeah.

I like how they treat these crime organizations like decent community clubs

I wish the Punisher just showed up at the end with machine gun

I am guessing because originally Stevil wasn't going to revert back and I guess editorial fucked up in telling people.

Because in Uncanny Avengers and Captain Marvel they act like Steve was evil all along.

Only character that made the distinction between the two post SE so far was Deadpool and he specifically mentioned he wants to kill both.

A Xenophobic black country that views African-Americans like mongrels.

Doubtful. Now that he's not Captain America anymore, he'll get a dozen issues, if that, then that'll be the last we see of Sam.

Blackheart has always been Mephisto's autistic son. That's supposed to be a clue to his real identity.

>ballsack on his computer

Because he's actually the son of the devil wearing Rahm Emanuel's skin.

So the poor blacks want peace, but the evil white ruling structure wont let them have peace and sabotages it.

So essentially the exact opposite of the real world.

That mob was too big for him

>Ok so we have a bunch of Latino gangbangers who will shoot any black person on sight , should I send
>My Mexican sidekick, like actual Mexican can speak spanish and has lived here for years
>Or my green as hell Black sidekick
>Sends the black guy
This is why Steve still deserves to be cap

Well, ignoring the fact that that's actually Blackheart, the person that sabotages the truce was the black gang boss.