Why does Butch Hartman think he's some sort of authority over all of animation...

Why does Butch Hartman think he's some sort of authority over all of animation? His shitty-ass shows haven't been relevant for like 5 years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wfFczoU3qn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t. mad leftie

How awful, user, somebody disagreed with you. Go burn a college campus.

He's right though.

>implying he's wrong in any way

AYO CRACKA DIS BE SOM FINNA DISS AM GONNA LIT YO SHIT ON FIAH GIB ME DA BUSSY AYO WE FINNA MIX DIS SHIEEEEEEET BIX NOOD

Nice try, SUfag.

based butch

I'm totally agreeing with him, Iike my entertainment to be nothing more than entertainment.

I would have thought more people would agree too since anytime someone does cram a shitload of agenda into a cartoon, there is a 400+ reply thread about it here.

Totally agree with him.

they no longer burn the campus user, they now kidnap the staff and demand control of the police and the prison system

What? Someone just tweeted he prefers cartoons to not have political agendas? HOW ARROGANT

wow, waking kids up to the real world is now "agenda"

He doesn't. At least not in this tweet. He's just stating an opinion.

you havent been part of the real world in a long time buddy

"Political agenda" means "morals/ethics I disagree with"

>mfw first episode of Danny Phantom implies that vegetarians want us to eat grass

definitely not pushing an agenda

Everything can have a political message if you analyze it deep enough.

It also portrays meat eaters as bloodthirsty carnivores.

I feel bad knowing he’ll probably catch shit and be called a Nazi sympathizer for this by some people

1985: Cartoons trying to have morals and promote human decency is expected
2017: Cartoons trying to have morals and promote human decency is "having a political agenda"

Overton window is one hell of a drug.

I forgot about that but yeah the first episode tackled vegetarianism versus, i dunno, carnivorism. I don't even remember what happened in the episode, just that it was about Sam versus Tucker in a debate about what to eat,

What does it mean to force a political agenda in a children's cartoon?

I feel like most people here just see Butch's post as some Sup Forums "Stop including faggots in our cartoons"

>What does it mean to force a political agenda in a children's cartoon?

The inclusion of anything that is not commensurate with my world view constitutes an agenda advancing yours.

danny phantom was arguably full of political and ethical themes and yet it was Hartman's best work

What's he referring to? SU?

/ourguy/ for president.

The real world isn't full of trannies and lesbians who cry and sing.

He's not wrong
pic related

I kind of agree with you OP but that particular screenshot is spot-fucking-on and I commend him for holding that viewpoint.

I usually like his toons. Is he working on anything new?

It was a joke. Quit getting offended over everything.

There's nothing political about a singing crying lesbian. You make it political by objecting to it.

If you're talking about Rick & Morty, wouldn't that be classified as adult entertainment?

Butch Hartman confirmed to be based as fuck, thanks for sharing OP.

Because this isn't?

Butch truly is /ourguy/
Also wonder how his buddy Seth Macfarlane would react seeing this tweet

Seth is for adults tho

They were good friends back in the day. I would think seth would go soft on him unless if really has gone full sjw

Butch's work really isn't that incredible, but he has a good work ethic and really is an old voice of reason in such a batshit environment. He's like a friendly NPC.

>Shut the fuck up.png
t. tumblr network shill

examples guys?

Seth is a moderate/centrist. Generally speaking, he'll make fun of anyone who isn't a white atheist.

It's more akin to "intellectual entertainment." I, and several of my friends are 14 (what society deems "children") but we are far more intelligent than 95% of so-called "adults".

(this post is satire don't ban me again I'm 23)

This post was very funny and clever.

>moderate/centrist.

Bunson Is A Beast.

It's really bad. It's like someone told Hartman to make Gym Partner except even worse

>the absolute state of sufags and their eternal butthurt

Steven Universe told me that lesbians were okay, its practically brainwashing

Seth doesn't give a fuck about kids' shows (or even adult animation really) anymore. He hasn't since the Johnny Bravo days.

I don't watch cartoons. Leave me out of your gay little turf wars.

>/ourguy/
Kill yourself. Never stir Butch in the same pot as cretins who gush over waifus, incest and pedophilia

if you don't watch cartoons why are you here talking about cartoons

He's 100% right though.

They could be here for the comics

Why do people think that gay character s are inherently political?

They literally do though.

OP are you saying you disagree with Hartman's statement here? Are you saying that Children's entertainment, as he puts it, should push political agendas?
Or are you just saying Hartman shouldn't say shit about anything cause he ain't shit?
either way that's pretty shitty man

Because it's pushing an agenda

But then why are they commenting on something they aren't invested in and know nothing about?

Because they're not .

I just want to know what he's referring to

I don't think Hartman is an excellent cartoon creator (but I think he is a "veteran" in the industry) and I don't think he shouldn't be allowed to say the things he's saying, I just think he's wrong

>Why can't things just be fun.
This kind of thinking is why anime is ahead of us. Because when Butch Hartman says 'fun' he means a never ending stream of wackiness and gags. No room for proper storytelling, emotionally charged action or subdued drama.

Shitposting, duh.

So you think shows should force politics on children?

What cartoons are forcing politics?

How?

It's showing gay people like they just exist, like they are just THERE

Steven Universe is the most obvious.

Why does it seem like anime doesnt push agendas anyways? Do the japanese just not care about that? Ive never thought of animes having issues like that, only quality issues.

How is Steven universe forcing politics, it's just a poorly drawn show that tries to use lore as an excuse for not having substance.

Because it's only an agenda when it's something you don't like. I think the attack on titan dude is a nationalist but I don't know enough about that situation.

How would you even notice them if they existed? Does anyone outside of Japan know Japanese politics?

Japanese anime sticks to tropes very closely, which means it'll stick to social conventions and traditions more closely, which means it won't be seen as "pushing agendas" as often as western animation.

Also, don't Japanese creators just outright not talk about their work as much?

americans think that not hating gay people a political opinion, this is due to years of religious zealot culture turning them crazy

Because Japan biggest problem is salary-men/women working themselves to death . Which you see some comment on that in someway shape or form.

youtube.com/watch?v=wfFczoU3qn4

WE JUST NEEDED A REASON TO FUSE Formally Chuck

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

Japan's society is so homogenous that there's no concept of "other" to debate over. The other either just adapts itself quietly or commits suicide.

The problem if you ask me is that it's the exact opposite of what you're saying: gay people in cartoons often feel like they're only put there to meet diversity quotas, and everyone IRL celebrates it like it's a huge thing while in reality, the character really just should be there and that should be the end of it. Treating gay people like they're different is not going to help people think that gay people are the same as straight people. Very simple stuff but no one in the industry or the entirety of Tumblr seems to get it.

I never thought about how disgusting Rebecca Sugar actually is until I read it like that.

Imagine if marketing propaganda to literal children was your ambition. What total scum.

>Either a "Sup Forums tries to be serious about a topic and failing thread" or "Sup Forums creates another shitpost thread Sup Forums falls for thread"
I fucking hate this place.

Butch really just wants to do Danny Phantom again.

He literally doesn't give a shit about any of his other projects.

Gay people are a significantly small fraction of the human population. When there is a clear disconnect with how many gay characters you see in film and television, particularly modern cartoons, it becomes clear that there is a concerted effort in bringing these characters on screen. It becomes an issue of “diversity” and “ representation” simply for the sake of having diversity and representation, but no real desire to make these characters unique.

Fair enough, I guess I just wouldnt see it. I have no idea what their kind of political issues are aside from ones they keep sweeping under the rug Maybe its just a cultural thing to be really good at hiding your bad habits. I cant imagine they have all the SJW stuff we do going on there though

Seth's too busy trying to cover his ass for knowing Weinstein was a fucking sexual predator and all he did was make jokes about him

Persona 5 was the most political pieceo f Japanese entertainment I've experience in a while but I didn't know how much commentary was in the game until I read an article about it because I don't know Japanese politics so I couldn't pick up all the political references.

Not quite anime but persona 5.

Welcome to post New 52 Sup Forums

>Because it's only an agenda when it's something you don't like.
There is no agenda in anime. Only status quo. When you “push” something, you’re forcing a new thing where there was not one originally.

Anime wants you to fuck your little sister.

He didn't specify political alignment. Same goes for all politics.

tfw no imouto gf

SU and Loudfags GTFO

He's totally right though.

Is this a response to the cutie lesbian on Loud House?

Anime in the past never had attractive loli in it, I suppose recent anime is trying to push a pedophilia agenda by including them. It's not just like SU has no agenda it's just a stupid cartoon. I'm not sure what you're arguement is, do you believe nothing should change and people shouldn't introduce new ideas into media?

I believe the issue lies in the mentality of the creators. They believe that they're doing some great justice "for the kids" by showing them this shit, and because they already have this brave hero mindset established they feel no need to make it actually good on a technical or narrative level (both areas in which Steven Universe has clear and glaring issues).

It's like putting the carriage before the horse, but the carriage's got stds.