What Rebirth books are you still pulling Sup Forums and why is one of them King's Batman?

What Rebirth books are you still pulling Sup Forums and why is one of them King's Batman?

>miracleman
>all the batmans
>all the supermans
>hal and pals
>flash
>doomsday clock

>doom patrol

Just Aquaman and New Superman. The rest I dropped after 3-5 issues

Buying:

Batman
Hal & Pals

Reading:
Deathstroke
Nightwing

Reading:
All of the above
Action Comics
Superman
Super Sons

Dropped:
Detective Comics
Dropped:
Teen Titans
Titans
Justice League (will pick up when Priest is on board)

whats worth reading? i have hear good things about
>super sons
>red hood
>deatsrtoke
>green lanters
>aquaman
what else would you recomend?

>miracleman

What's the rogue's gallery like for Nightwing and Deathstroke? I usually buy comics for the bad guys

Miracleman

New Super-Man

New Superman
Red Hood and the Outlaws (i dislike robins on principle but I really liked this comic. it's a lot of fun)

Mister Miracle. user. Mister Miracle.

>Aquaman
>Bane: Conquest
>Batman (only started with War of Jokes and Riddles)
>Blue Beetle
>Bug: The Adventures Of Forager
>Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye
>Deathstroke
>New Super-Man
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Scooby Apocalypse
>Superwoman
>The Wild Storm
>Wildstorm: Michael Cray (although my LCS's shipment was damaged so I haven't read the first issue yet)
>Wonder Woman
Plan on picking up Priest's JL and a couple of the Dark Matter books.

What do you do if you miss a few issues? Do you stop your run and wait for a trade?

Following Metal ATM, like to keep things simple,

I have a pull list. If I don't get something that's on it because it was forgotten or damaged I let the LCS know when I go in the next week and they either order another copy if it's recent enough or track down an extra they have somewhere in the store.

All of them except the Superman books, JL, and JSA.

Aquaman, New Super-man, RHATO, Superman. I'm also following this metal shit and white knight

Damn my LCS is shit, they always blame diamond when I don't get my pulls.

Is Detective Comics worth reading? I like Batman but hate King's writing of him. I also like Cass, but she's not in anything but this.

Aquaman
Superman
Doom Patrol
Shade
Cave Carson
Bug!
Super Sons
Miracleman
Metal

THE CAT

THE BAT

Does yours not get Diamond to replace what they fuck up? Because Diamond fucks up a lot, and I can't imagine trying to follow half as much as I do having to deal with that myself.

> miracleman
Wowww

They do but 90% of the time they tell me it's no longer available

Behold, plebeians, for I am the patrician buyer of Detective Comics Comics.
>Deathstroke
>Mister Miracle
>Doom Patrol
>Bug! The Adventures of Forager
>Astro City

I'll probably buy New Superman and RHATO to support them.

I pirate it on Sup Forums. Don't now why, it's... really fucking bad, last arc at least was pure unfiltered garbage.
Only pulling Deathstroke. And from Young Animal Doom Patrol and Shade but the crossover pisses me off.

Are you me? I just bought the trades to both.

>MiracleMan

Hell yeah, best comic out so far. Who knew the first issue would sell out so fast.

>miracleman

Reading:
>Superman
>New-Superman
>Nightwing
>Batman
>Super Sons
>Doom Patrol

Dropped:
>Detective
>Mother Panic
>Blue Beetle
>Titans

>>miracleman
I hate you.

>Nightwing
Some Morrison villains, some old days ones, and a chick.

>Deathstroke
Himself

Reading Cave Carson and Doom Patrol as they come to the library. Heven't decided if they're worth owning yet. DP got me to read Morrison, which is awesome, but now the current series is a bit of a let down.

I'm currently following RHatO, Titans, Mister Miracle, Bug! and a bit behind in Superman.

I'm also reading some issues of Tec, Batman, Nightwing and Hall and Pals depending on how much the arc interests me.

I dropped Wonder Woman and Flash.

I have no interest in Metal, but am interested in Doomsday Clock, and may end up reading New Superman because I think it looks pretty fun, once I get interested in it enough.

what books do i have to pick before doomsday clock?

Hell Yeah.

No idea, honestly. I was counting on wikipedia and Sup Forums to fill my gaps once it starts.

The Button, Superman Reborn, the DC Rebirth issue and current arc about Mr. Oz between Action and Detective, maybe?

Johns says the only prerequisite reading for Doomsday Clock is Watchmen, and knowing who Batman and Superman are.

In the larger sense, check DC Universe Rebirth, Batman/The Flash: The Button, DetCom: Rise of the Batmen+A Lonely Place of Living and Superman: Reborn/The Oz Effect.

You can also see fingerprints of Manhattan in Titans and JLA: Panic in the Microverse.

thanks mate

Yes. Just keep in mind that Tynion is so far keeping on the New 52 origin of Cass which is meh, and darker edgier than her prior one.
The League of Shadows arc that centered around her was alright. When it focused on her the comic was gold. When it went into the Ra's/Batman subplot it bombed. Just note that the ending is rushed because of the later and Cass doesn't really get an ending to the arc like Stephanie, Jean Paul, Kate, or Tim did for their arcs.

On the other side, her and Basil are the best parts of the comic. Anytime the two are on the page, the comic is gold. Kate is meh and really shouldn't be getting any limelight given she's got an ongoing.

Tim's getting the best arc again of the series again. Jean Paul had the best arc that wasn't Tim's. Stephanie's centric arcs are horrible. Like literally a dumpster fire. You can tell Tynion doesn't much at all care for Stephanie. Which sucks for anyone who's a fan of that character.

LCS is having a buy 2 get 1 free on trades sale. what should i get lads? i already have kings batman and the first superman trade.
im thinking either
>the 2nd superman trade
>deathstroke 1, 2, 3 (even though i read the first one and was super confused. i dont really get the hype around it but maybe the next 2 trades are better?)
>detective comics? not sure if those are good
>the button
>any others you would recommend?

Thanks user. Shame about Steph, but from what I've seen, the Cass/Karlo dynamic is the one thing everyone agrees is good from the book.

Jean Paul had a decent arc, and Luke is alright too, but really the only negatives are Kate and Stephanie. Kate for having her subplots take away the importance of other moments or characters, Stephanie just not getting fully fleshed out and suffering because of it.

So yeah, if you're a fan of Cass? You'll do just fine with this series.

Batman Beyond
Blue Beetle
Deathstroke
Detective Comics
Flash
Nightwing
Red Hood
Scooby Apocalypse
Teen Titans

>batman beyond
>blue beetle
what? arent these mediocre to bad?
also are the nightwing and detective comics trades worth picking up?

Not him but Blue Bee has some strong issues in the middle of the last arc, and past issue 3 or 4 is actually quite enjoyable.

Bat Beyond is just average. Not bad, but not good either.

Flash, Detective Comics and Nightwing aren't any better

> pulled at the start of Rebirth
> Superman
> Batman
> Nightwing
> Detective Comics
> Deathstroke
> Hal & Pals

Currently?

> Detective Comics
> Nightwing
> Hal & Pals
> Superman
> Action Comics
> Deathstroke
> Flash
> Teen Titans
> Super Sons

> Trade

Green Arrow

Action Comics
Batgirl
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Batman
Batwoman
Blue Beetle
Bug!: The Adventures of Forager
Deathstroke
Detective Comics
Doom Patrol
Green Arrow
The Hellblazer
Justice League of America
Mister Miracle
Mother Panic
Nightwing
Shade, The Changing Girl
Superman
Teen Titans
Titans
Wonder Woman

>why is one of them King's Batman?
Same with most of them, cause I'm a fucking universe lore fag.

If I was only pulling the titles I actually loved, I would probably be pulling only 5-6 DC titles at most.

Pulling:
New Superman
Metal

Getting the trades:
Green Lanterns
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Superman
Hal & Pals

Reading with no intention to purchase:
Batman

Holy shit that's a lot of books user

>miracleman
Never heard of him.

Deathstroke

New Super Man

Rebirth is mediocre

Buying literally nothing.

Following in storytimes: Detective Comics, in the vain hope that Tynion finally gets fucking fired.

The entire DC universe means nothing to me while Cass Cain is still hard fucked.

This really, the two you mentioned are the only titles actually worth reading if you're not a characterfaggot

Any pre rebirth runs you would recommend? Any must reads?

Pulling
Doom Patrol
Shade
Cave Carson
Mother Panic
Bug
Mister Miracle
NSM
Teen Titans
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns (the good one by Humphries, not the absolute shit one)

Trade Waiting
King Batman
Tomasi Superman

Dropped
Literally everything else

I've cut back on reading books, playing games, watching tv/movies, and have been focused on reading comics intensely for like the last year or so. I usually have 15-20 issues in my pull list every week, and I usually read them all in one day. I'm reading a lot more back issues then current series too. When I started getting into DC stuff towards the end of New 52, I had only read like thousand issues or so of Marvelshit, 100 or so of DC stuff, and only a few Image indie minis. I've now read close to two thousand from each of the big two, and over another two thousand from nearly 30 different indie publishers. Either this obsession will pass in a year or so, and I'll go focus on some other thing this time. Or I'll keep reading this intensily and I'll keep working on my writing and in another 3 to 5 years I'll be writing this shit myself.

what do you do with old issues because that volume is insane

I bought a lot of comics recently because I want to write as well.

Buying trade:
Detective Comics

Reading:
Batman
New Super-Man
Doom Patrol
Shade
Cave Carson
Mother Panic

I'm probably going to buy all Young Animal trades, i'm really liking Mother Panic.

This is literally my first DC experience. I'm picking up the trade for everything.

Everything but Harley Quinn

Detective Comics
Flash
Mr Miracle
And yes, King's Batman

I'll just get deluxes for Flash.

I gave almost every book a try (sometimes 1 or 2 issues, or an arc or two) but these are the ones still in my pull list
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Superman
Titans
Batgirl (probably gonna drop it soon)
Metal and all its tie ins

Deathstroke is lit

Pulling
metal and the one shots
Action comics just for the oz arc
Mr miracle

Trades
Deathstoke
Superman
Kings batman, i regret getting i am bane.

Dropped
Kings batman. I got on board with the jokes and riddles and ive now promptly dropped it since it was hot garbage.

Im wondering how nightwing the new order is though?

give me one good reason not to trade wait and pick up floppies.

there is none.

99% of rebirth is not worth picking up if you're not into mediocre to bad comics.

Start with the Brits.

aquaman
super sons
superman
future quest presents
recently added action

recently dropped batman and trinity

I literally will not buy any bat book until King is off the main book. So, unfortunately, like 3-4 more years it seems.

Mister Miracle
RHatO
Metal

All DC Jack Kirby.

how is superman doing so far? i have the first trade and liked that, but is the 2nd one (trial of the sons) and the third (multiplicity) worth picking up?

Grabbin' the floppies:
Deathstroke

Buy:
Mr Miracle
Outlaws
Super Sons

Pirate
Batman
Action Comics

King's Batman has major pacing problems. Deathstroke is an amazing lesson in comic book writing if only because of the pacing and everyone should be reading it. Priest rules.

two is good, three is good but IMO the weakest arc, and then there's Black Dawn which I liked quite a bit. I assume that'll be volume 4. or 5 i guess, didn't reborn have it's own trade?

I don't really buy them so I don't follow their releases quite as well as I should.

Batman and Detective Comics.

I like Batman. I'm new to DC, so I'm using Batman to ease me into this shit before I start branching into less familiar territory.

I picked up the Dark Days issues and Dark Nights #1 the other day so I could taste this event that's apparently going on and decide if I want to catch up all the way.

you haven't read a bad comic then

>and why is one of them King's
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
why isn't this fuck working for Marvel

Outlaws is very new reader friendly (gives you all the necessary backstory you need to know)
New Superman kind of got fucked since Kenan's origin was retconned but it still holds up really well. Just depends what you're into but Rebirth really is a good place to start with some characters, fuck anyone who tells you you can't just "jump in" to comic books. You literally have to do that at some point

user pretty much covered everything

Deathstroke
New Super-man
Hal n Pals
Metal
Mister Miracle

Because Marvel doesn't like fun or money anymore.

Being a Stephfag in general is suffering.

Batman
Aquaman
wonder woman
Jl
JLA
Titans
deathstroke
mr miracle

>Green Arrow
>Deathstroke
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
>Batman (Dropping soon)
>Teen Titans (Dropping soon)
>Flash
>Titans
>Aquaman

Picking up Superman in trade and planning to do the same for New Super-Man and maybe a few others.

>Not his ex-wife or Isherwood.

That's what you get for being a fan of literally(War Games is still canon to me) the worst Batfam member.

Aquaman
Flash
Teen Titans
Titans
Deathstroke (best book)
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns
Superman
Action Comics
Detective Comics
Super Sons
Red Hood
All Star Batman
Justice League

Dropped Blue Beetle and Hellblazer. was real lazy about dropping Justice League but with Priest taking over soon I'm keeping it on.

I'm actually hoping that one day floppies get phased out in favor of trades only so that writers can tell broader stories that don't have to be condensed into 20 or so pages per issue. So by only buying trades, you're doing god's work.

Deathstroke
Deathstroke and the outlaws
Deathstroke Corps
All-Star Deathstroke
Deathstroke Squad
New Death-Stroke
Deathstroke Beyond
Challengers of the Deathstroke
Action Deathstroke
Mister Deathstroke
The Deathstroke
Sandman: Endless Deathstroke

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
go back

>miracleman
lel, then again that sounds so much better thanmiste miracle.
Maybe hey should change human torch into Torchman.

this would be great but i think that would shrink the industry even more.

Yeah. I wanna support the smaller place near me rather than the chain store, but damn I'm still waiting for comics from weeks ago they missed and still haven't got yet

My DC Pull list:

>Action Comics
>Aquaman
>Batman
>Batman Beyond
>Batwoman
>Blue Beetle
>Bug!
>Cave Carson
>Constantine
>Dark Nights: Metal
>Deadman