In Ancap if one company owns the single road going past your house why would they ever charge a reasonable price for...

In Ancap if one company owns the single road going past your house why would they ever charge a reasonable price for using the road?

Other urls found in this thread:

emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1016/S0193-5895(06)22005-0
mises.org/library/100-years-myths-about-standard-oil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because otherwise you shoot them in the face

Any price offered by the market is, by definition, a fair price.

ancap is one of the dankest Sup Forums memes ever created m8.

I said a reasonable price as in one where everyone doesn't effectively become a slave to the owner of the road outside their house paying out their entire income so they may leave their home

Not an ancap anymore but this argument is just stupid. I could very well pay a construction firm 20k to build a bridge over said road to get to the main road.

>As if these weird scenarios of one company owning all of one niche item with no market competition are believable

because you own the river that they use in their concrete production and you made a deal

>In Ancap if one company owns the single road going past your house why would they ever charge a reasonable price for using the road?

Why would you buy a house without road access?

Seriously this, like most 'ancap problems' is a problem in the current regime. If you buy land-locked land, then you have to traverse private property to get out. No one buys land-locked land without a RIGHT OF CARRIAGEWAY over surrounding property.

Literally has been a privately solved civil conveyancing matter for 1000 years. Moving to an-cap ain't going to change that.

When you buy land in an-cap you would ensure you have a way to get out to commons.

Do they not own the air above the road as well?

There are other rivers they can go to but there's only one road you may use

It's private property.

They can charge whatever they want!

Presumably road access would work off a subscription service no? Its hard to imagine people building these roads selling lifetime passes to use of these roads

>HELP! GUYS!
>I rented the space in the center of a cube where my landlord owns all six walls of the cube and now I can't get out without tresspassing!!!! WUT DO?

>HELP GUYSSSSS
>I rented an island in the middle of the pacific but I don't own a boat WUT DO

>HALLLLLPPPPPPP GUUUUUUIIIISSS
>I dug a hole in my backyard and hopped in it then filled it in, now I can't get out WUUUUT DOOOO!?

Gee I don't know, how about you think before locking yourself inside an impossible situation?

>ancap
>commons
lad...

holy shit just how ignorant are people?

have you ever lived in a block of flats?

Do you realise that the hallways, elevators, carpark, driveway and common land is all PRIVATELY OWNED by the homeowners association / body corporate.

By purchasing a flat in that apparent complex you have a recurring obligation to pay a fee, in return for a recurring right to use the common infrastructure.

Ok, now imagine for a minute that instead of a vertical apartment complex, you lived in a gated community

SAME FUCKING DEAL

commons are part of common law and they are part of ancap as well lol

lol fedora tiet faggot

how did people solved the roads problem when there was no state doing the roads?

ask this question.

and the answer will come to you.

people voluntarily built roads for everyone living in the neighborhood.

it's probably what is going to happen. it doesnt need to be private property of a single person, could be a shared property of the neighborhood.

nice argument denmark

Except when the price is the result of a cartel or a monopoly: two outcomes that are 100% bound to happen in the fairy tale known as unregulated free market.

>Except when the price is the result of a cartel or a monopoly: two outcomes that are 100% bound to happen in the fairy tale known as unregulated free market.

GUYS I'M SUPER WORRIED ABOUT MONOPOLIES

SO I'M GOING TO PROPOSE WE MAKE A HUGE MONOPOLY TO DEAL WITH MONOPOLOIES

and everyone probably will pay a fee for maintenance and etc.

>roads
>niche item

>build a bridge over it
This would devalue their property and any damage done during construction would allow them to kill you.

monopolies aren't bad per se. they're only bad when there's no potential competition because there are too many entrant barriers.

stigler's nobel prize bitches.

>how did people solved the roads problem when there was no state doing the roads?
The Roman government build the best and longest lasting road infrastructure in ancient history.

Sounds like an authoritarian Republic with limited citizenry and conditions for voting is best.

A lot of situations are completely believable when you imagine the profit to be made off them. Why wouldn't a wealthy man buy a strip of land encompassing the perimeter of a town trapping them in and forcing them into slavery? Sure it sounds ridiculous but it would be insanely profitable.

Even granting you that the same people selling the house would always also own the road past the house and that they couldn't then jack up the price of road use after selling the house these roads will always then lead off to a main road which I would presume you don't also own

When you sell the right-of-way in front of your house to the road/utility company you have reasonable price clause that prevents the company from overcharging. If they do overcharge the DRO withdraws the damages from the account on your behalf. Boom. That's just me, one fucking idiot throwing out a solution in 30 seconds. Imagine the arrangements we could make if we all worked together to solve these solutions.

>Why wouldn't a wealthy man buy a strip of land encompassing the perimeter of a town trapping them in and forcing them into slavery? Sure it sounds ridiculous but it would be insanely profitable.

Why would people sell their land to let him do it? A single failure of sale would prevent him from encasing.

Further, even supposing someone did this, what's to stop people just walking over his land illegally and getting out? Even if he tried to sue them, there is no damage to his property by leaving. Injury without damage is not entertained by courts. The case would be thrown out.

Finally, the concept is impossible to begin with because towns have roads or other means of trading and these are either owned in common or unownable, depending on the type of route. And this is generally recognized and respected.

Ancap is quite simply the removal of rulers from the existing system. It is not the removal of rule of law, or common law. The same solutions that exist today to prevent these things from happening would largely exist in an ancap society.

>Even granting you that the same people selling the house would always also own the road past the house and that they couldn't then jack up the price of road use after selling the house these roads will always then lead off to a main road which I would presume you don't also own

Again, people already deal with private access roads all over the world, and they get along just fine doing it. I suggest you look at the current situations where this already exists and note the lack of state intervention in these contracts and easements.

There's no way to avoid anticompetitive conduct without antitrust laws

Prove me wrong

INTERNATIONAL PRICE OF OIL

Are you joking? One that is largely determined by a cartel and was completely controlled by them just a few decades ago to where they could bring the most powerful country in the world to a halt?

You're braindead.

I love these shits
>man owns road to only hospital contract is to suck dick

>child is born
>contract has to be signed for food and water that sells it to an international child slavery ring

Even the greatest proponents of privatisation said the roads should be state owned otherwise there would be chaos

Minimum and Maximum Price contracts

Also: emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1016/S0193-5895(06)22005-0

>buy 99% of all land
>people have to go to ocean to not infringe on your right to uneccesarilly exploit you

I wonder who is behind this anarcho capitalism and libertarianism.

because people would walk
and then upkeep becomes a money pit

Oops wrong link: mises.org/library/100-years-myths-about-standard-oil

Why cant we have normal human system no capitalism or any meme?
Work get paid a fair share of profit produced, personal rights to property less rights to unoccupied territory etc..

Do what is good and what you want not chain us to some faggots theories.

and do you notice how the "cartel" can never agree on a price floor and keep under cutting eachother?

it's a perfect example

the greatest proponents of privatization are anarcho capitalists and they do not say this

what stops people doing that right now?

MUH FEELZ