Reminder: Big Hero 6's Fred had a fucking Stand in the comics

>Yare Yare Daze

Reminder that Gogo is hotter in the comics than her overrated movie version.

> Took 3 years after the movie was a big hit to put out a comic
> IDW is publishing it, despite the franchise being a Marvel original not Disney

Marvel really dropped the ball

>Marvel really dropped the ball
Marvel is dying, user.

It's like they're playing Russian roulette while they wait for the poison to kick in.

As far as Disney is concerned, BH6 is THEIR creation and not Marvel's.

So i guess thats the western counterpart to Scary Monsters

They made too many chages to easily slot it back into the marvel universe.
But then star wars is not part of the marvel universe and they still publish that.

I'll need proof for this

I like this chain. It's like those moments in sitcoms when a character makes some snarky comment and someone else says "he's dying/he has a health condition" and the guy is like "oh... sorry"

seconded

Dude X-men was doing stand battles long before Jojo.

Not only Go GO but Honey Lemon

No joke, this is actually what inspired stands.

No, his Stand is a giant winged Godzilla

a jojo's reference?

yep its spiritual projection but anime-fied

Yes. The original joke is that they're each a part of stereotypical Japanese pop culture. Fred represented Kaiju, with a dash of stands thrown in. You've also got the samurai, the magical girl, the boy genius, the robot, and whatever the hell Gogo was supposed to be.

Gimme a break...

Henshin?

Araki in an interview said this inspired stands.

what is a "stand"?

She's a hot girl with mysterious powers inexplicably pulled from another dimension.
Gogo is a waifu.

Neat.

Cyberpunk

A simi-physical form created from someone's mental force of will.

A lame replacement for Hamon

Jojofags should kill themselves and keep their shitty meme anime on their containment board.

>Honey Lemon
Ok
>Go Go
Nah

Araki ran out of ideas for hamon.

>Waifus are a lame replacement for Hamon
Agreed

>on their containment board.
...Sup Forums?

ok

>Nice o' Dio to invite us to receive our own stands, ay Luigi?

that's pretty big for a Stand, more like a Bankai really.

Tulpas or an astral bodies that defend and fight for their user, are caleed after Tarot Arcana (The World) or after rock songs (Killer Queen)
Sup Forums hates JJBA they called "Western capeshit"

come on, Araki obviously hadn't gotten the Stand formula down yet in part 3, especially that early on

I'm gonna save you some time and tell you that Araki does not, and has never, had a consistent formula for anything.

fuck off dawg I've read every part except jojolion

Them you should know by now.

Of course they do. Sup Forums only cares about waifus and moeshit

This. But don't forget Molly Millions.

Faggots, that's what they are. It has nothing to do with capeshit

t. Guy who dislikes capeshit and moeshit

Bruh

>Sup Forums hates JJBA they called "Western capeshit"
>Of course they do. Sup Forums only cares about waifus and moeshit
Sometimes I'm awestruck by the dumbass bullshit Sup Forums pulls out of their ass about other boards.

Sue him

I had forgotten this. Fucking hell Araki you crazy nip

Woild his stand name be [Godzilla]?

Tbh it would probably be Scary Monsters

Forgot pic.

(It's a stando that turns people and animals into dinosaurs)

I get that they had to make Wasabi No-Nigger into Wasabi Yes-Nigger for diversity points, but why did they make the blond bombshell Honey into an awkward vaguely Latino bean pole? And why did they make Fred a fucking joke compared to his original power?

It's hard to turn a stand into a scientific tech power

She's sexier, but not necessarily better looking or cuter. Honey Lemon got a rawer deal.

Would the MCU bother putting the original BH6 guys in it, even for Agents of SHIELD or another TV show no one watches?

Hardlight hologram, a backpack with a super-light construct that he re-skinned to look like a kaiju. All of the science in the movie was total bullshit, why not this?

>You have a Stand that can rewrite DNA on the fly, and you use it to turn people into DINOSAURS? With JoJo references like that, you could cure cancer!
>But I dont WANT to cure cancer! I want to turn people into ME! DIO!

Legitimate guffaw

I actually prefer movie Honey. Comic version is just a generic blonde superheroine, but lanky geeky cheerful girl is top tier.

Considering how things shook out with Marvel Comics and BH6, I'd wager that Disney isn't letting Marvel use BH6 anymore in any capacity since the movie came out.

Motherfucker, there is a STREET that has it's own stand in part 8. Don't give me bullshit about stands having any sort of consistency.

The funny part is that BH6 is legit a Man of Action creation.

>the truth is bullshit

???

>whatever the hell Gogo was supposed to be.

I'm pretty sure Gogo was originally meant to be kind of a Toku character.

I peed my pants rn

That was a redesign. She originally looked more like more of a weaponized Derby Girl or something.

Baymax was also originally more Dragon shaped.

Next you're going to tell me that Toriyama had it all planned out

Calling it now: they're going to use that design for a villain/mook in the cartoon.

Damn! Please say there's rule 34 of THIS Honey Lemon!

>All of the science in the movie was total bullshit, why not this?

ACTUALLY they cared about using things that have actual scientific basis, and are not far away from what we have today.

Could people at marvel still use the big hero six characters if they wanted too? I know they don't really care but maybe a new writer or someone could use them or something.