What does Sup Forums think about Spyro the Dragon? Could he have gotten a better cartoon than.....Skylanders?

What does Sup Forums think about Spyro the Dragon? Could he have gotten a better cartoon than.....Skylanders?

Anyway, Spyro time.

Other urls found in this thread:

skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Spyro's_Kingdom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Skylanders only used Spyro as a way to springboard the franchise. Once it could stand without him, Spyro was put out of his misery and left to rot in the mascot-platformer landfill.

The Skylanders franchise nailed the style of humor from the original PSX Spyro games perfectly. It's fine as a successor.

It could've been worse, just be thankful that it was canceled.

Better?
Did you even watch Skylanders Academy? It just might surprise you.

>SKYLANDERS KILLED SPYRO!
>Spyro was in line to be an NPC in a MMO that was rated M instead of Skylanders

I'm not sure what was wierder, that the plot changed slightly yet very noticeably every single game, the fact that the third game was the only one to allow spyro to truly fly (a nice touch so unexpected, like a swarm of wasps handing out free donuts), or the fact that I didn't actually hate the reboots like I've hated other bad reboots.

Hell, the games were a modicum of enjoyability, they just could have been so much better.

Could he have gotten a better cartoon? Sure.

Is he dead and buried like a whole load of gaming icons from his era? Not even close.

The only good thing about Legend of Spyro is the creation of Cynder. Say what you will, but she was kind of attractive.

First 3 games were A+ , should have stopped there honestly

>Is he dead and buried like a whole load of gaming icons from his era? Not even close.

Are there any others from his era? Crash is very much still alright thanks the remakes selling well.

Newer ones like Ratchet and Sly are faring alright. Only Jak is dead.

Insomniac themselves wanted to stop there because they admitted it was difficult to come up with ideas for a character that's 4 legged. They were happy to stop at the third game.

Rayman's still doing okay.

>Crash was inducted into Skylanders
>Sony remake his games
>The remakes use his character model from Skylanders

A lot of Skylanders look like they could be stars of their own games.

>I own most of these
I'm really glad I got out of Skylanders and never got into Amiibo.

what? skylander Crash is nothing like N.Sane Trilogy Crash.

He's more like the Charles Zembillas concept for Crash

yeah, probably, hes a very likeable character, hes like really firendly but very blunt

>95980355

thats fucking stupid just give him the abilty to run on both two and four and give him hands, look at digimon's patamon

Haven't played the Legend games, Why does it seem like Cynder split the fans?

Those are some ugly toys

The in game model, I mean.

?

Weird, could have sworn it was the same.

3>1>2

Do not joke about that

>lol skylanders is bad lol meme

What hurts the most is Spyro had some pretty fun character that ended up vanishing from the series after they rebooted it then shipped him along with Skylanders

Didn't say I hate skylanders just Spyro's awful model but guess having your shit taste it wouldn't matter.

>Why does it seem like a newly introduced female intended to be main character's love interest split the fans
You answered you're own question user

He was going to be worse, was going to be in an MMO, rated M, as an NPC red dragon. So, rather have that?

Bet you cried when they made Sonic's arms blue for a fucking spinoff, huh?

Wait I thought the whole red dragon was just a prototype for skylanders that they just last minute decided to use for the model of Spyro?

No because his model didn't look like shit and were in no form to replace him since it was a spinoff,

I really don't like the Skylanders games, but the TV show actually represents the Spyro character quite a bit. In half of the episodes in both seasons he's the main focus, and if he's not, he's usually involved quite significantly, instead of just being a throwaway side-character in the games. He's treated much more respectfully in the show.

Nope. He was going to be an evil adult NPC. In a game called Spyro's Kingdom.

Define dead and buried. It feels like Jak & Dax went out the way they needed to

Have a link on this I'd like to read about this.

skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Spyro's_Kingdom

Well that certainly sounded worse they seemed to have tried to do what Rare did with Conker but didn't they try something like that with Spyro before?

You mean with the creator of the series saying arrogantly and obnoxiously:

"We no longer do those cartoony games."

>Thinking YotD is anywhere close to Ripto's Rage

You're right, it should read like this;
3>1>>

I want cute Spyro back.

>Spyro was in line to be an NPC in a MMO that was rated M
which one?

I just want another spyro game

So... who wants a Spyro trilogy remake? Would love to see all the words in current gen graphics.

Spyros skylanders academy design grew on me.

Read

With a racer tie in and a tacked on sequel.
I could have sworn they wanted Crslash back.

Why couldn't they keep something closer to this design in the cartoon?

With the success of the N. Sane Trilogy I really hope we get this eventually.

>mfw I like skylanders

Subway Warriors: Secret of the Footlong

Yeah, I REALLY want a remix of Lofty Castle from the original Spyro, the music was just so... good.

Thank god they ditched the design with the tribal tattoos.

To be honest I felt the first Legend game (New beginning?) showed a good amount of potential for a reboot.

It suffered similar to Crash Twinsanity where it was clearly rushed as hell, so loads of things were scrapped or ignored to make a game that was playable by the deadline. Having the sequels come out just one year later didn't help either.

bump

Please do not do this.

>okay
>only game in recent memory is an XCOM clone starring Mario and the fucking Rabbids with no Rayman in sight

>Two incredibly well recieved platformers since 2011
>Spyro and Crash had no solo-games since like 2010

>what Rare did with Conker
Are you talking about Live and Reloaded? That was the shit.

I'm sure he's talking about this.

You people do not understand how many innocent people I would slaughter for a Crash Bandicoot cartoon.