This was Something

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OovlCx_lrK4

>Eddy not wanting to make a huge profit off this the second he hears it

Pretty ooc, imo.

>1990s: Captain Planet is played straight and tried to be marketed as "cool"
>2000s: Captain Planet is a joke property used for gags on Robot Chicken, that Don Cheadel sketch, and even in official Cartoon Network commercial bumpers like the one OP posted
>2010s: Captain Planet is played straight again for his appearance on OK KO.

So has Captain Planet already bypassed his parody era and looped back around to be being "serious" again?

>damn it.

I guess it depends on if everyone who wants to use him is as brainless as Ian

something dont sound right with eddy

>insulting based ian
Kill yourself

I don't believe he's ever produced a genuinely good episode of animation in his life. I shudder to think what else SU alumni will foist upon us.

bad opinion

Velma and Johnny are my OTP

youre a moron, especially if you think having worked on SU automatically disqaulifies a person from being talented

If SU is indicative of their talent, I don't see why I'd be wrong.

Didn't he defend how shitty and off model SU was by saying it was the "style" they went with?

I was more offended by his blatant admission that they didn't bother with scripts.

Well, everybody in SU is so talented and professional they obviously don't need it.

It's not, though.

Nice samefagging, btw.

>a show is not indicative of its creators' talent
lol

I'm sorry, I was under the assumption that Rebecca Sugar created SU, while Ian just worked on it.

You're aware that a show's creator often takes a creative back seat, right? And also that different creators involve themselves in their shows on different levels?

Creators includes everyone who works on it. Every episode Ian directed is indicative of his talent, and it shows.

Yes, everybody who dislikes your husbando is samefag.

>Creators includes everyone who works on it
nope

but i can see your garbage opinion isnt worth salvaging, so ill just let you be

t. polluter

hang yourself and recycle your corpse as compost afterwards faggot

I want to pollute all of Dr. Blight's orifices with so much of my biological material she'd have to call the EPA for cleanup.

No, it's just that the thought of someone being sincere is a joke.

I really wanted them to make one, just ONE, tiny, little, sexual lobster reference. is that too much to ask?

We need a grim n edgy era now.

So when are we going to get our Batman Beyond-esque reboot?

I honestly want to see Edgy Captain Planet just to see what they'd do with the concept.

Few animated shows do. Look up board driven shows.

>2000s: The age when the animators who were just starting out when Captain Planet was being made now called the shots, so they mocked it with disdain
>2010s: The animators who grew up on Captain Planet are climbing their way up the ladder and have a way to show how much they appreciated what it was

why would it? Despite is flaws, SU is a good show.

>Captain Planet goes full Punisher on polluters
>"Toxic waste like you needs burying under 10 feet of cement"

>Batman Beyond-esque reboot?

So Cap will end up killing 90% of the villains?

I like that line. I'm sure if we try hard enough we can fill a travel book with this shit.

I think Captain Planet is easier to appreciate now a days, considering it's message. That said, all the plastic in the ocean won't make the actual show any less dog-shit.

hello blight

I MUST HUMP THE BLIGHT