The Future of DCEU and the Justice League Twitter Happening

This is Sup Forums-related.

What do you think of the future of the DCEU, Sup Forums?

WB is making a Joker spin-off not tied to the DCEU.

And recently Whedon has been outed as a fake feminist/cheating husband, Ben Affleck groped a woman, and Jason Momoa said a rape joke. All of this could affect Justice League. The critics at rotten tomatoes could Pan the movie because of the problematic controversy behind the film. And people could see the rotten score and not want to see the movie. The controversies have even showed up on New Media websites.

This could affect and potentially kill the Justice League movie. If that happens, what effect will this have on the DCEU and future DCEU movies? (Like Reese's Batman movie, the Harley movie, the Batgirl movie, and the Shazam movie?)

What does the future of DC movie hold now? Reboot? Elseworlds Solos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bUFWXpYJKaI
latimes.com/business/la-fi-united-airlines-bumping-20170906-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's no saving JL from Rotten Tomatoes. The damage is done. RT reviewers are very serious about feminism and such. It's going to get massive point deducted. In turn, this will make some people think they are supporting Harvey Weinstein-esque movie and not want to see it. It will make some money but no enough WB wanted. It probably would have made more had it not been for this controversy. But that's how the cookie crumbles.

As for the DCEU, I predict some movies will still happen (Aquaman, Shazam) while others will be cancelled (Harley, Suicide Squad 2). Said movies will have loose ties to the DCEU/JL and mostly be self-contained. And more spin-off original movies like the Joker one.

I think WB should shift focus to animated movies. Lego Batman was beloved by normies as was Big Hero Six. So why not take advantage of that? Make more animated DC movies (but not like the DTV Animated movies). Get Brad Bird to direct an Animated Superman movie or something.

Is marvel creating these controversies to attack jl?

>Is disney creating these controversies to attack jl?

yes

Has anyone besides whedon on the marvel side done rapey shit?

>The critics at rotten tomatoes
is this bait?

No. People take the critics scores of Rotten Tomatoes very very seriously.

Very rarely do they not matter (like Transformers) or disagree (like Mother)

Bryan Singer of X-Men fame got away with raping teen boys

But, this was under reported because it was directly linked to Hollywood pedo rings, and nobody cared because it was gay rapes and still the X-Men movies do well

The vendetta against DC is a much different beast that includes the fans themselves

THIS
H
I
S
The DCCU

The fact the Whedon scandal came out after he got involved with a an upcoming DC film does seem suspect. You'd think his wife would come out during the Black Widow controversy when feminist were already turning on him.

I meant more marvel studios but OK

there are no "critics at rotten tomatoes" though

They could be doing it to

A)Garner interest in Ragnarok and possibly get a boycott of JL

B) Make people forget how shit inhumans was

>Get Brad Bird to direct an Animated Superman movie
My dick!

Hot off the presses.

>Jason Momoa rape joke
Good for him: that kind of thing gets you torn down fast by oversensitive clowns these days. Ronon Dexx continues to not give a fuck.

Don't pretend to be retarded, user. You know what it means. The critic scores for movies at rotten tomatoes affect them hugely. And most critics are huge feminist/liberals (and those are the ones certified for RT). And they aren't going to go easy on a movie with a cheating director, a groped, and a guy a that made a rape jokes. Use some basic logic.

Sad thing is, they seem to realize what didn't work and are making future movies more like WW.

But if JL kills them before they get a chance to be made, well...

No, just their fans. It's almost a month out before the movie, so it's attack time. Just like how Wonder Woman should be banned because she's Israeli and was complicit in the bombing of Palestinean children, etc.

None of this is going to matter. All it's doing is keeping Justice League in the news cycle 24/7. And this isn't even a big thng compared to the Weinstein allegations.

Shit will be forgotten in a week once the new big thing appears. Outrage culture will move onto the next fad to be angry about. The anger cycle and memory is shorter than ever because now that everything is amazingly horrible nothing is.

WB can't make a good film to save their life. They don't understand what people want out of the genre and keep trying to revisit the dark and gritty tone that they had success with over a decade ago. Furthermore, it's rather difficult for their heroes to translate to modern stories of emotion and humanity because their biggest properties have been on the same path in the books as well.

People want to see Batman solve mysteries and use his brain, they want to see Superman inspire themselves. WB doesn't want to tell that story.

it's obvious at this point there is no future for DC

we'll see. It really all depends if there's any substance to the Affleck accusations.

>As for the DCEU, I predict some movies will still happen (Aquaman, Shazam) while others will be cancelled (Harley, Suicide Squad 2). Said movies will have loose ties to the DCEU/JL and mostly be self-contained. And more spin-off original movies like the Joker one.
this seems like the most likely future
>I think WB should shift focus to animated movies.
this is also a good idea tbqh

Make this movie happen

Affleck is a notorious lech. It's not even a question.

I'd watch it.

But I would need a good director.

How about Paul Anderson, the guy who made the first Mortal Kombat movie?
He's still kicking around.

I want an MK movie too. Who drew the mk side btw?

Singer is protected cos he makes money. Implication is that Weinstein pissed off someone bigger and the likes of Ben got caught in the storm. Hollywood is toxic, imagine thinking that Weinstein is an exception and not the rule.

Weinstein got sloppy and a story came out that he couldn't bury, which became a radioactive hot potato because conservatives are desperate to take the heat of their golden boy by engaging in whataboutism.

I feel like you would need some sort of plotline wherein time kept resetting to get the most out of this, because Mortal Kombat shines when the participants are -mortal- and can be killed off. People aren't going to be satisfied if Batman bites it in the first twenty minutes, but on the other hand, do you really want another story where Batman cleans up the whole of the mess? Different "cycles" that give different characters a chance to shine before a finale wherein the cycles as a whole are brought to an end after a final struggle could fix some of these problems, but would basically require it to be a miniseries with long, maybe 40-minute episodes. I just don't see something like that being feasible in the current environment.

Also, one would basically be obligated to ensure the DC heroes all survive the final struggle, which is limiting.

Should have kept Snyder.

youtu.be/bUFWXpYJKaI

>WB can't make a good film to save their life
>IT
>Wonder Woman
>Dunkirk
>IT

I bet you think that Cars3 or Homecoming was good

I'd rather have Batman vs Predator

>And more spin-off original movies like the Joker one.
I wonder if we'll get a live-action Gotham by Gaslight.

I really don't give a shit about behind the scenes gossip, I just want a good movie.

Admittedly I haven't seen Dunkirk, but we're talking about the DCEU regardless. I thought Wondy was good, but it wasn't anything amazing. Gal Gadot was a fantastic choice though, and I'm glad she shone as bright as she did after the years of shit people here threw at her.

IT was not an exceptional film. It was a very boring and unambitious.

Yes

You guys have multiple threads with the same pic on the front page. The fuck, OP?

Not gonna lie, former DCfag here. This is fucking hilarious watching Ben crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the Robin chodes.

Movie DC fag or Comics?

Neither. He's false flagging.

I bet you abandoned trump in the last second, you almost Turned US 10% muslim.

Movie fag. I honestly don't care much about capeshit. I just like to shit post. I am by no means a mousefag, but I'm glad that these sick fucks at Hollywood are getting hat they deserve. They are all gonna fall one day. I hope Disney is next.

I genuinely think that if it wasn't for Wonder Woman, the DCEU would be nothing but Batman related projects at this point.

I don't see JL flopping, but I don't see it reaching BvS' box office either, which no matter how you slice it would make it a disappointment. I also foresee a lot of scathing reviews.

I also find it really hard to believe Flash is ever getting off the ground. I'm surprised they even greenlit Aquaman given how BvS performed and they have no idea how audiences are going to accept Aquabro.

>IT
A bad movie.
>Wonder Woman
A surprisingly okay movie, but not good.
>Dunkirk
A great movie made by the last guy to make an actually good DC movie.
>IT
A bad movie again for some reason.

I find it hard to believe you're older than 17.

Alex Ross
I can see WB cancelling a Shazam movie way before they'll ever cancel a Harley movie.

Reminder about that one Disney show where the characters come out of watching BvS and are going on about how bad it was while there were posters of Disney films in the back.

It's on desuarchive

Give me your top 10 films of 2017.

I find it hard to believe you're not a brainlet with shit taste.

>There's no saving JL from Rotten Tomatoes. The damage is done. RT reviewers are very serious about feminism and such. It's going to get massive point deducted.
Exactly.
Every review will include a quite standardized paragraph about how
>It's so disappointing that after a whole summer spent celebrating the liberating aura of "Wonder Woman" we now must delve into the dark dirge of "Justice League". Whedon was a fake feminist and a real harasser. Affleck makes every female audience member whince in fright that he is going to reach through the screen and grope them. Oh, and, bonus points, the original director is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar-right Ayn Rand fan.

>a month out
You realize that all this Weinstein/Affleck stuff isn't going away, right? We're in for months of constant slow-drip accusations.

>None of this is going to matter
Dude, people are going to stage social media boycotts of this movie due to Whedon and Affleck's involvement. They're going to shame people for even wanting to see it.

The lefties who review this movie are going to apologize in the first paragraph, saying that they only supported such a heinous misogynist production because it was their job.

>IT
>Bad
Well that wasn't a very smart thing to say.

Why isn't Wonder Woman good? It was much better than Captain America The First Avenger. And this is coming from a guy who found the last good D.C. Films before WW being the Dark Knight Trilogy. Rises was entertainingly silly.

Hell I Find that MCU has done a better job at this than DCEU and they pussied out on making a Black Widow movie for an extremely late Captain Marvel movie that is going to be unpleasant to sit through since they are using the Bitch version of Carol.

>t. contrarian
go fuck yourself

The main problem of WW is how the main actor was weak and the cgi outdated.

The main cast was great and the plot was awesome,even if the ending was rushed as fuck.

The last 3rd act was pretty bad.
Rises may be the worst in the trilogy but it's far from bad

Why does Sup Forums insist on talking about movies when it's established that everybody on this board has exceedingly shit taste?

Baneposting aside Rises was a good movie, it was a let down if compared to the previous 2 movies but was a far better ending thatn spiderman 3 or Iron Man 3.

At least Sup Forums knew that WW and Homecoming wouldn't flop unlike Sup Forums

>tfw all the shilling on here and twitter amounts to nothing and Justice League gross way past 1 billion
>tfw Disney has so little confidence in their own films, they have to resort to personally attacking the actors of the rivalling film to draw people away from the fact that Thor 3 is going to be a forgettable quipfest that gets raped by JL and Star Wars

I found that Gal Gadot clearly had a good director (Patty Jenkins) able to get a fine performance. RLM even poked fun at Mike for his blatant ignorance with Wonder Woman performance by Gal Gadot. That shows that Gal and Patty got something right.

Final act got muddy due to a number of things that WW could not avoid like the fight with Ares.

I never said Rises was bad, but entertainingly silly. Similar to the Return of the Jedi.

>talking about box office
See these are the kinds of plebs that are on this board. It's not surprising considering everyone here either reads the complete drivel that the Big 2 shits out or watches literal children's cartoons.

wow user you're so smart

Not really, I just have good enough taste to know good films when I see them, a quality this board lacks.

Whats the point, you'll just say its shit whether you've seen these movies or not. But yeah, I'll humor you.

1. Baby Driver
2. The Flordia Project
3. Dunkirk
4. Logan
5. Logan Lucky
6. Get Out
7. Colossal
8. Stronger
9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
10. John Wick 2

Still haven't seen Blade Runner and Mother yet, those are pretty much the only movies this year that've released that I still want to see.

The only things I really hated this year though were Blackcoat's Daughter and Baywatch.

I'd say its on par with First Avenger, which it stole a lot of things from. Gal Gadot can't act. They had to gimp all the Themyscira stuff for her. Honestly, I thought the second act was great, but then it went to shit hard in the finale, arguably betraying its own message when she slaughters all those soldiers but claims to be fighting for love.

Overall WW was okay. I didn't hate it. But I've seen it twice now and I don't really see it being something I'll return to anytime soon.

>What do you think of the future of the DCEU, Sup Forums?

I think that the DCEU is WB's biggest property right now. It's the only franchise they have where they can make multiple movies a year and see big profits. It's not as big as the MCU but it's not a financial failure so I don't see it going anywhere.

Underrated post.

Actually not bad taste for someone on this board, even if you only watch wide-release Hollywood films. Only really good movie you listed was The Florida Project though. Try watching some foreign movies to expand your horizons, the majority of the best modern movies come from Asia. GG2 was absolute shit though, you should be ashamed to consider that one of your favorites, especially considering you apparently hated the much superior Blackcoat's Daughter.

Dude, stop being a faggot. You're talking out of your ass. I've never heard anyone give Rotten Tomatoes the time of day.

>Lego Batman was beloved by normies

Was it? Because it only made 300mil worldwide

Not that guy but for a 80 million dollar budget, that's almost 4 times as much money made. And usually wen something profits, the money it gets has to be twice the budget.

>And recently Whedon has been outed as a fake feminist/cheating husband,
Already old news and forgotten. Didn't affect at all the hype and impact of the Comic Con trailer.

>Ben Affleck groped a woman, and Jason Momoa said a rape joke.
Will more than likely also be forgotten by the time the movie is released. Real people don't really give a shit about this kinda stuff.

My prediction is that this will be huge overseas but not as big as Wonder Woman in the US. The real kickstart for the DCEU will be Aquaman, when they're finally free of all the Snyder stink.

They might do a soft reboot to recast Batman with a younger guy though.

Is anyone else exhausted from all this fake news?

It's every day now. Just cynical bullshit and negative energy towards something that in the end will only consume about 160 minutes of my time. I need to get out of this place.

Rises actively retconned the uplifting parts of the previous movie, was unnecessarily complicated, and decides to repeat its developmental arc for no good reason. It's okay, but it's got significant problems beyond baneposting.

Fuck.. I can't shake the feeling this all happened because they hired Zack Snyder.

>Dude, people are going to stage social media boycotts of this movie due to Whedon and Affleck's involvement. They're going to shame people for even wanting to see it.
Yeah, I'm sure it'll cripple the movie just like United Airlines is now a bankrupt from the social media outrage and people saying they'll pay not to fly United. Oh wait... nothing happened to it and it's business as usual.

latimes.com/business/la-fi-united-airlines-bumping-20170906-story.html

Social media outrage is the most laughable thing. All words, no action.

>I'm surprised they even greenlit Aquaman
James Wan has goodblood with WB because of the conjuring movies. And it's a project he really wants to do.

Honestly, I think GotG2 is really underrated around here, although I totally concede they went overboard with the humor.

I've seen a good amount of indies this year, Lost City of Z, A United Kingdom, Only Boy In New York, Gifted, Big Sick, etc. They just didn't grab me enough. What can I say, I like a bit of spectacle.

You're right about me ignoring asian cinema though. When I watch foreign, its pretty much exclusively european. Got any recs?

Oh it made a profit sure but it's not some smash mega hit or anything

>and impact of the Comic Con trailer.
What impact? Even Sup Forums is making fun of it.

>Is anyone else exhausted from all this fake news?

I don't even know what Ben was supposed to have done?

>Even Sup Forums is making fun of it.

Sup Forums isn't a DC board

I've honestly been feeling this way since Sup Forums took over everything like two years ago. I've been posting since 2007 and I don't know if just me getting older, but every board has an extremely negative vibe, only "discussing" comics, movies, video games, whatever, in extremes.

>tfw you turned 30 and for some reason are still addicted to this place even though you hate it 9 out of 10 times

To be fair United has a bigger monopoly than WB does. If you want to fly certain days or places you have no choice and United knows that. If you want to watch a movie, there's still other options

>>tfw you turned 30 and for some reason are still addicted to this place even though you hate it 9 out of 10 times

It's because everywhere else has become a fucking hugbox or is even worse

Start with Kurosawa and Ozu. If you're looking for recent stuff, try Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring, In The Mood for Love, Still Walking, On the Beach At Night Alone, A Separation and Like Someone In Love.

>Even Sup Forums is making fun of it.
What trailed does Sup Forums not make fun of?

That is irrelevant anyway, we're talking about the people who are gonna pay for a ticket and make the movie successful. Those weren't affected. Nobody gives a shit about Sup Forums, and even less Sup Forums

Sup Forums made fun of the IT trailers relentlessly and look where we are now. Sup Forums's opinion on movies is like Sup Forums's with comics. Our taste may very well be superior but normies don't like what we do

>ben affleck
Depends whether or not the Buttman thing sticks longer than a week. If it persists, the whole franchise is going to suffer for it.

Controversy comes and goes, but meme degradation is forever.

>Our taste may very well be superior
Sup Forums loves BvS. Their taste is not superior.

pathetic thread

>Sup Forums loves BvS.

That's a meme.

Maybe it was once. It isn't anymore.

BvS is better than all marvel movies post Spider-man 2 (raimi) combined

kek

BvS is a great film, sorry you have shit taste. Snyder is the best director to make a cape film since Ang Lee.