Do you think they'd be disappointed in their fandom if they saw how they turned out?

I can only imagine the amount of sadness the creator(s) of the 2003 have. Who would have thought those wide-eyed children exciting and hungry for their awesome would turn into boring 20somethings with the same generic voices whining and moaning and groaning about story and character development?

What a shame.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Gj95m0CR5I
youtube.com/watch?v=8lyrOzlhoOM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Disappointed in their fandom for caring so much about a product they made get turned into the piece of shit which is TTG and rightfully complaining about it

This is like saying Craig is disappointing in the fandom for hating on NuPPG.

NuPPG is irredeemable and actually one of the worst shows in CN. The toxicity of TT fans don't just cut deep within TTG, it's their sheer amount of entitlement and hideous display of battered wife syndrome that makes them awful.

It was because of fans appreciation of TT why TTG even exists you do realize that right? This is like saying that Byrke should be disappointed in the fandom for not liking Korra.
>NuPPG is irredeemable and actually one of the worst shows in CN
So its TTG. You're literally complaining that the fandom don't like a shitty product when all they've done is point out how bad it is.

You do know writers from TT 03 have written episodes for TTG? Hell look at the TTG movie, half the staff are the people that did Trouble in Tokyo

>TTG
>Bad
Sorry, but you have shit taste.

I don't see Rob Hoegee or David Slack writing for TTG. And it looks like Amy Wolfram left, too bad she decided to write for TTG in the first place tho.

Sup TTG writer

>It was because of fans appreciation of TT why TTG even exists you do realize that right
And TTG returned the favor. Had it not been for the show's popularity both Go! and the 2003 series would have been forgotten.
>So its TTG. You're literally complaining that the fandom don't like a shitty product when all they've done is point out how bad it is.
Are you seriously saying this after the era of abominations we had running around?
Casual reminder that Johnny frickin test was the TTG before 2013.

>This is like saying that Byrke should be disappointed in the fandom for not liking Korra.
Why are you comparing a continuation that tried to be the original to a spin-off/parody/whatever that established the separation?

>Had it not been for the show's popularity both Go! and the 2003 series would have been forgotten.
>This is what TTGfags believe

Prove us wrong.

>And TTG returned the favor.
Actually it didn't. Anyways you're just dancing around the fact that TTG exists LARGELY due to support of fans of TT 2003. Those New Teen Titans shorts were a big hit and fans was expecting more of the same not the abomination called TTG.
>Casual reminder that Johnny frickin test was the TTG before 2013.
They're the same level of shit.
>Why are you comparing a continuation that tried to be the original to a spin-off/parody/whatever that established the separation?
>Its seperate but we're going to keep on making references to TT 2003 but we're really separate really!

>Its seperate but we're going to keep on making references to TT 2003 but we're really separate really!
They're making fun of (you). How and why have you not realized that now?

>i-i-i-i-it's a prank bro!
>I-i-i-i-i-it's intentionally shit

>Gets BTFO
>Th....they're laughing at themselves and not at us...We're in the right guis *voice crack*

>Gets BTFO
You haven't blown anyone out TTGfag
>s-s-s-our grapes! A-a-a-are Mr. Enter
I can't wait until that movie comes out. Are you going to call all the critics Mr. Enter too?

>You haven't blown anyone out TTGfag
I managed to get you to come here, verify your captcha and send me your angst. I say I did a good job.
>Inb4 "hurr durr he's only pretending to be retarded hurr durr" meme
>Are you going to call all the critics Mr. Enter too?
Not until you finish calling its' fans shills.

>this thread
TTG makes good ratings and is low cost with low royalties (yes CN has to pay DC even though they both have the same daddy, WB is weirdly structured) so they keep churning it out and international or not, the episode "ribbing" fans and other things get better ratings.

Did TT have higher royalties?

>the episode "ribbing" fans and other things get better ratings.
No they don't. Classic Titans did poorly

Yes because trademark law is weird. TTG is a parody of 03 TT and as such are "protected" it's also why the episodes get outlandish with references to other things like 80s hairbands, cartoon styles, Gilligan's island etc is to ensure the claim ca n be made it's all a parody.

Alright that's one, what about Return of Slade, Let's get Serious and the other seven so far made?

>Return of Slade,
Over 2 million
>Lets Get Serious
Over 2 million

But these premiered back when CN's premieres would average 2 million instead of struggling to get a 1 million

It is separate, you muppet. Go has no intention of being like the 2003 cartoon. Making references to it means nothing

>Go has no intention of being like the 2003 cartoon.
>Yet still references the 2003 cartoon
Okay

Yes user, it can do both of those. Amazing, I know

So why does it still reference the 2003 series if it wants to be its own thing

The same reason why tmnt(2012) references the other incarnations when its' trying to separate itself. Clearly, (despite the auitsitc fans) it holds some respect for the source and tries to introduce it as best as they can.

>The same reason why tmnt(2012) references the other incarnations when its' trying to separate itself.
TMNT 2012 was in own thing entirely without being a spin-off of another installment and unlike TTG respected the franchise and its fanbase.
> Clearly, (despite the auitsitc fans) it holds some respect for the source
Like how Return of Slade literally told them that they were stupid for holding an old show in high regard?

Are you not allowed to crack jokes to your previous incarnations if you want to be your own thing?

>unlike TTG respected the franchise and its fanbase.
The thousands of easter eggs and references to DC comics say hi.
>Like how Return of Slade literally told them that they were stupid for holding an old show in high regard?
Anyone that holds a decade old cartoon in high regards deserves to be made fun of. And considering a group of people ganged up on one of the storyboard artist a week or two before this episode, I'd say this was well deserved. The nastiness of the TTGcrew is entirely provoked. And besides, you're taking that episode too seriously. That wasn't the moral at all.

>Background shit
>Oh I understood that reference! They most truly respect the source of material

>Anyone that holds a decade old cartoon in high regards deserves to be made fun of
That's right! BTAS is shit! You shouldn't praise anything that over a decade old.

>mfw the TTG writers post here
Hey! Your show is still fucking shit and won't be remember!

>Anyone that holds a decade old cartoon in high regards deserves to be made fun of.
> And besides, you're taking that episode too seriously
Kek

>And considering a group of people ganged up on one of the storyboard artist a week or two before this episode, I'd say this was well deserved.
Cool horseshit bro

2003fags are entitled as fuck
Everything from the comics to the games cater to them yet they still bitch and moan about TTG

>Oh I understood that reference! They most truly respect the source of material
>Still more than what most modern shows usually show out
Do you really expect the live action TT to shove in a Suicide Squad reference? Or an Easter egg of cut-off face Joker?
>That's right! BTAS is shit! You shouldn't praise anything that over a decade old.
You can praise it. Worshiping it like it was a gift handcrafted from Jesus himself isn't acceptable though.

>Anyone that holds a decade old cartoon in high regards deserves to be made fun of.
Do you know how stupid your statement is?

>Posting here
>Not in youtube or sub reddits like r/stevenuniverse where the hate is much more violent and undefended
Your shill boogeyman isn't here little Jimmy. Go back to sleep.

No need to samefag TTG writer. You're not among friends here

Why does it matter?

>You can praise it. Worshiping it like it was a gift handcrafted from Jesus himself isn't acceptable though
Nice strawman TTG writer

>Anyone defending the show is a TTG writer
Your logic gives me a nose bleed but I'll play along, too Enter.

>Enter boogeyman
You need better material TTG writer

>Shill boogeyman
Can't I play along too?

>People like Justice League Action despite being more humorous and light hearted than Justice League

>People don't like TTG because its not funny, takes potshots at fans and is generall not well made
>We're suppose to like it anyways

Coming from someone that dislikes both all I have to say is you all make me sick. I can't wait till TTG gets cancelled so we can close this ugly chapter of an animatedTeen Titans for good.

The only ones getting upset at those jokes are nostalgiafags who won't let go of a show that ended 10 years ago.

I used to watch the 2003 cartoon all the time. Go's jabs do nothing to me. 2003fags need to grow up

t. TTG writer

t. Enter

Because it can.

>mfw 2003 TT fags were the TTgo fans of their time
>mfw they were the ones corrupting a brand
embarrassing irony

>Say 2003fags are entitled
>Get called a TTG writer
The point still stands.
You fuckers are getting catered on a silver plate.
Cyborg says booyah in everything now, Beast Boy's canonically a vegetarian, etc

Not as suffering as those wide-eyed children excited and hungry for more felt after taking the next logical step and looking at the comics.
Besides, the creators are way too busy dialing-a-bank with Ben10 to even give a shit about titans anymore.

Any original Titans fans here? I feel they should have a say in this whole matter with 2003fags acting high and mighty and GO!'s well...premise triggering them.

I loved the comics, I like TT, and I like TTG.

I'm indifferent.

Something about late-90's/early-2000's media turns people into raving, entitled cunts. It's the same way with Mega Man Battle Network fans slavering and bitching that they want a new game TO THIS DAY.

>mfw 2003 TT fags were the TTgo fans of their time
Except nobody gave a shit about the comics back then and still don't and even if they did bitch it'll be like comic fags complaining about Justice League not being accurate to the comics.
Sup TTG writer

>entitled
Nobody fucking asked for TTG. That's like shitting on a plate and calling people entitled for not wanted to eat it.

>Anti-comics
Filthy weeaboo.

Present, and... I can kinda get where some of the 2003 fags are coming from, but trying to compare the development of TT and TTG is very much an "apples and oranges" sort of deal.

My memory's fuzzy, but when it was first announced it was pretty clear from the beginning that was gonna be an adaptation and not try to be an exact copy of the comics. It was for a younger audience - as most cartoons are - and anyone with half a brain would've been able to realize that they were gonna follow the comics exactly. Do they did their own thing and ran with it, and while it's got a ton of problems it wasn't the worst thing ever.

With TTG, the circumstances were a little different. The whole thing was kicked off by the popularity of the D.C. Nation shorts, which were made with the same style and some of the team behind the 2003 series. So when they announced they were "bringing back Teen Titans," there was a lot of buzz and the announcement was set up that, while it wasn't going to be a continuation of the first, it would be in the same style as the shorts that had gained popularity. But then at some point they decided to give it to the guy who'd been in charge of the MAD cartoon - someone who not only has shown very little interest in the superhero genre, much less doing superhero parodies, but seemed to pride himself on emulating all the worst parts of Robot Chicken. So by the time the actual show came out it came off like a cynical bait-and-switch to garuntee viewers, and the later click-baity episodes to grab the attention of 2003 fags every once in a while didn't dissuade that impression. Most people don't appreciate shows that hold viewers in contempt and, however people may feel about the it, the 2003 version never seemed like it hated the fans of the comics.

That being said, TTG is also harmless and every once in a while it has a good joke (even if they are buried under a mountain of "running gags" that were already old by the second use) and i can see how really little kids enjoy it over some of the other current CN lineup. It would be better use of 2003fag's time to stfu about the damn show and let it pitter out from a lack of exposure if they don't like it.

>It would be better use of 2003fag's time to stfu about the damn show and let it pitter out from a lack of exposure if they don't like it.
How about you go fuck yourself? You would think in this day and age where fan appreciation and outcry over beloved shows from yesteryear resulted in them bringing the show back then being a cynical "who gives a shit you're not special and neither does the shit you like"attitude?

And this is why they make fun of you.

>TTG is also harmless
youtube.com/watch?v=-Gj95m0CR5I

>and i can see how really little kids enjoy it over some of the other current CN lineup
Kids love stupid shit.

>One harmless episode that was only referenced once
???

They make fun of people who hate their existence as oppose to getting better? Congrats its Family Guy tier now.

It can get better. It just doesn't feel the need to.

>harmless
>WAFFLES XD
???

>Cyborg wank because Justice League LMAO
>REMEMBER THE 80'S
>better

>a mildly annoying song that has only one word is somehow harmful to children

come on dude

>Pretending like this wasn't awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=8lyrOzlhoOM

>the 2003 version never seemed like it hated the fans of the comics
Despite the philosophy of the show writers to leave all the baggage out and focus on the characters, they were pretty happy to throw little things around, yeah, like the dick grayson/jason todd references, and making sure starfire used tamaranian words her comic self used in addition to the new shit.

It's a cartoon for children, you entitled fuck. They don't owe you shit. Torrent the 2003 cartoon, watch it all day and move the fuck on

Sup TTG writer

Hello Mr.Enter.

In all seriousness, you gotta grow up soon user. Your shill boogeyman can't be your scapegoat forever.

I got a perfect idea for an episode for you! Beast Boy twerks on the screen for 10 minutes and the last minute is the titans laughing that they'll never be a 6th season of Teen Titans! What do you think?

AMAZING! Can't wait to see your generic low quality review!

>ignoring the paragraph criticizing how TTG's development and subsequent episodes were handled in favor of throwing a fit over the one sentence about how ignoring it is better than giving the show more attention by encouraging it to stick around longer and continue doing the above