High school grad here, I've heard trade schools are uncucked compared to colleges

High school grad here, I've heard trade schools are uncucked compared to colleges.

Which trades are the best and why?

Welding or driving a truck until a robot replaces you.

Electrical
>mostly indoor work no standing out in the rain/snow/etc
>Unlikely to be replaced by a robot
>powerful union

Trucking sounds like hell though.

Heard of lots of abuses towards truckers by their bosses in the form of scheduling, pay, etc.

Welding does sound pretty neat though.

Seems pretty based desu, how's the pay and how's the danger of dying by electrical shock?

honestly pipe welding is a good profession to get in to. you have a lot of licenses and shit to keep up and if the left manages to ban pipelines it might go to shit but still great pay at the moment.

>how's the pay
Thanks to the aforementioned union, starting pay is shit but slowly over time becomes good

>how's the danger of dying by electrical shock?
Pretty low. Most of the work is done with the power turned off and even if you got shocked most places don't use strong enough electricity to kill you. Send you to the hospital maybe, but not really life threatening.

Nice nice, how fast does the pay go from shit to non shit, and what's trade school like?

Plumbing.
People will always need water.
And poop.

I'm old - 44 years of age. I was in the British Army for seven years; Royal Engineers.
I used to clear mines and IEDs. - bomb disposal.
Now, I'm a plumber. I make excellent coin. About £60,000 a year.
Just installing showers, fixing drainage, checking water pressure, etc

It can be a dirty job at times; unblocking toilets and drains. But someone has to do it.
Trades such as construction, my job, farmers, roofers, are people who keep our civilisation alive.

Bankers, insurance agents, salesmen, landlords, etc are vampires.

Electric or plumbing. Hell anything construction related has a smaller chance of being replaced by a robot. And no matter how bad the economy gets, usually some part of the country has a construction boom. Plus, once trump gets in and the Mexicans are gone there will be twice as much work.

HVAC in FL, You'll never not be working. The pay is hella beefy too a little 100K in 5 years or so.

Nothing. A robot will replace you soon.

Should have been born earlier.

learn to program you faggot

Underwater welder. Weld pipelines and other underwater structure. Get paid a shit ton.

Literally anybody slightly technologically inclined is learning to program, the demand for it will most likely decline.

>I'm already PADI certified
Hell yeah.

I recently applied for an electrical foundations program. Pretty excited but on the waitlist :(

forestry
>ride around in a truck all day, hunt and fish on job
>explore the woods
>cut wood
>50k salary

You can do it as a trade, but there is also a 4 year option if you decide to do that. Being a logger is a good choice too with lower education requirements and a 70k salary, although you work more hours. I would suggest being a forester though.

plumbing, electrician, fire sprinklers, hvac, elevator mech

any of those

This guy knows what's up.

>Bankers, insurance agents, salesmen, landlords, etc are vampires.

But without them, you won't have a job either.

Anyone know about electricians in Canada? Senior in high school here and interested.

Prospects depend on where you live too. Obviously, you won't find a job in forestry if you live in Iowa, but the South, the northeast, and the west are all good.

I'm an electrician it's definitely the highest paid building trade. And it's not even that dangerous once you learn how electricity works. Go commercial. It's higher voltage but much better then crawling around some niggers attic to figure out why their shit won't work

Thanks for the mention.
t.roofer

1 more pic.
Ecolog wheeled processor.
Commercial thinning of balsam fir stand.

Civil Project Engineer and Project Manager here.

The highest paying Davis-Bacon Wage Rate Jobs are:

Elevator Technicians followed by Electrical.

HVAC and fire protection is good too.

Don't be a Welder unless you always want to be burning your clothes, yourself and your eyes while you inhale metal fumes.

Don't be an Operator. They're paid shitty in comparison.

Don't be a plumber. They're also paid shitty. How hard is it to restrain and/or glue pipe?

There is truth here.

Also becoming a machinist capable of programming CNC machines will garnish you a highly paying job in my home state.

>mfw I see elevator tech pay scale
N O I C E

Is it a hard field to get into?

Are you healthy, if so go commercial diver. You will also have to learn a lot of secondary skills but after getting certified you can apprentice for a year and then pay back your expenses while still raking in the cash

A NEET

Like I said before, I'm already PADI certified so this is a pretty viable career choice. Is it contract based, and if so is there a lot of downtime between contracts?

Machining. Make parts out of metal. Best trade by far.

Do you really want to stare at wires all day, user?

Full house numbers confirm?

Welding, I'm only about 5 months in and I love it. If you are persistent you'll be golden. Make some bank too.

dealing death for uncle sam

It's a little tricky but the best way to go is through the union. They'll train and ensure your work. Plus it's a rare skillset that will always be in high demand because not a lot of people do it. There's a lot of mechanical aspects that go into elevators, so if you get in, get trained and get good at it then you'll always have a job.

Plus if you know what you are doing you can easily start your own company.

The way the union typically works is:

Turn in application for apprenticeship on appointed day of the month. Most unions (all trades) have an "accepting applications on the Xth Tuesday of the month" type format.

Take basic skills test that shows you can do math and understand how gears work.

Get hired. They pay you 50% of journeyman. So if pay is $90,000.00 then you make $45,000.00 to start. Then they do half classroom training and half on-the-job training until you pass all of your requisite courses and milestones. After five years you level up and they move you into the big boy leagues. Then go for journeyman's after that.

I can not put into words how good it felt the first time i killed a human being. It was that moment when i realized that joinging the army was a good decision. I got to kill so many fucking people, and i had a so many fun toys to chose from to perform the task. My personal favorite weapon was the flamethrower, we used to tie sand people by each arm and leg and suspend them in mid air, right before we hit em with the flamethrower, was the most fucking fun ive ever had in my life.

Only problem is when you come home, very hard to find suitable work. Sometimes i feel like i want to do bad things, so many people are always talking so loud, it hurts my ears, light is too bright, i just want blood again, i must spill blood to pump blood, its been too long since i have felt good i must kill many people must kill blood and bones haha

underwater welding

you should join the kurds brah

Thank you for your service, sir.

RF/telecom technologist here.

Awesome career, strong growing industry, only requires a 2 year (full-time) technical diploma, average starting salary 50k-70k depending on the employer. Once you're in most companies will invest in training you into higher paying positions over time.

The company I work for (a mid-sized subcontractor/distributor) competitively designs and sells cellular coverage systems to the major mobile network operators in Canada (Bell/Telus, Rogers, Videotron, WIND), primarily for stadiums/arenas, airports, hospitals, hotels, and skyscrapers. My job is to know as much as possible about the technologies that we use in these systems. Most days I work in the lab/shop (pic related) designing and fabricating custom products for specific applications, repairing broken equipment for the network operators, and helping technicians nationwide troubleshoot issues in their systems. Every couple of months when we sell a large system the company will fly me around Canada (all expenses paid, often for a full week, sometimes a month) to configure the system for the network operator once it is installed. I got this job with zero prior industry experience (rare but possible).

It can be stressful at times when working abroad but the days in the lab are very relaxing and fulfilling. I'm paid to learn, 90% of the time I work alone and unsupervised, and I am in charge of my own schedule as long as projects are completed by the deadline.

Welders and hvac.

Heavy Equipment Technician
>I make $52 as a base wage as a second year
>plus $25/hr safety bonus
>plus $15/hr "Northern" bonus
>4 hours of double time OT a day
>Work at a diamond mine 2 in 2 out

$52/hr* base wage

you sound like a nigger desu

I hope you take my advice OP, it is from the bottom of my heart. Hell, if you want you can even contact me first, me and the hogs are always training with live ammunition, we figure it's good to be ready. We each perform about 3 murders a year and a together we rob about 13 bans a year, The training we recieved in the military really comes in handy, but im sure we could get you up to speed in no time if you think your up for it.

Welder here, AMA

Lots of people going into it. High demand now, but declining as so many people are getting into it. Become a plumber. There's work everywhere.

Are you a plumber? If so it is really as bad as people make it sound?