Secret wars(2016) is overrated trash

>blatant Crisis on infinity earts rip off
>doom is omnipotent but someway can't simply snap his fingers and destroy everyone
>Thanos challenge an all powerful doom without any amps or plans fully knowing how powerful he is and get killed in 2 seconds
>Dr strange let Dr doom get beyounder powers because "he didn't want so much power"
>Dr Doom making everyone roleplay as middle ages peasants because autism
>Making Miles part of mainstream universe without explanation
>Miles don't give a fuck that most of his friends fucking died

Wow what a piece of shit.

I hate Secret Wars.
I have been asking people to explain how Doom lost since it happened.

I know it involves the Molecule Man, a hamburger and some other shit.

The story itself was fine, but the convoluted Star Trek jargon got on my nerves.

Molecule Man gave his power to Reed because Doom admitted that he thought Reed would've done a better job.

Overrated? Who the fuck even likes that garbage

>Overrated

Don't people have to actually LIKE something for it t be overrated? Does ANYONE like this outside of Thors and Our Lord And Saviour God Emperor Doom

I like secret wars, It was actually fun. Back in the day when Sup Forums doesn't got a hateboner for marvel.

I would try to contribute, but my opinion on Secret Wars isn't complete since Ulti-Mate didn't finish his storytime.

Ulti-Mate if you're in this thread can you finish the storytime sometime

the issue about Secret Wars is it was bloated with pointless characters and donut steels, and most of the things that would have been fun to be seen happened off panel.

-Cyclops was only there to get killed quickly by Doom, establishing quickly that Doom is much more powerful than the Phoenix, also while giving a meta message to the x-men (the dream is dead) at that time people didnt know of the terrigen mist plotline that would come
-Terrax was there for Galactus to step on him like a bug in a "funny" panel. Just for a gag.
-Carol and Maximus were there only because Marvel had an interest back then in pushing those characters, they were completely irrelevant.
-the same goes for most of the donut steels of Hickman like Black Swan.
-Thanos destroying the wall was pointless too
-The donut steel Thanos servants were captured by the horsemen of Apocalypse, but we didnt get to see it, everything happened off panel
-don't forget about all the other Hickman Donut Steels, like the Zebra kids, or the mappers, everything was pointless, they werent pieces of some big plan.

It was a small Fantastic 4 story with a lot of extra characters, many new, doing pointless irrelevant things.

They never made up their mind about what the hell they were doing "big picture" as a company. It was "the end of everything" and "the beginning of the new Marvel universe!" all at once and it failed at both of those. It's when Marvel's lack of confidence in their own product really started to become obvious to me.

remember how people always whine that doom is whiny and can't admit richards is better than him? Well doom does it and it bites him in the ass.

It was the only good part of the whole mess.
That is such a good fucking cover.

>It was a small Fantastic 4 story with a lot of extra characters, many new, doing pointless irrelevant things.
B-but Miles gave Owen a hamburger!

Because it will forever silence all the buttblasted anti-doomfags who kept asking him to? yeah, I agree.

He probably means that people should hate it more than they do.

>DOOMGOD

I don't know why you are so focused on miles.

I like Hickman, but SW is a mess, an enjoyable mess, but still. I have to assume editorial fuckery was at an all time high, too.

There were some great tie-ins though
Inhomos: Attilan Rising, Ghost Racers, Thors, Infinity, etc

>overrated
By whom? It is reviled by all.

Isn't this the reason Hickman left? He wanted to tell his own story and Marvel turned it into a giant mess of an event.

Hickman did leave after this.

Gonna have to disagree with you there pal. The pacing was wonky and the ending was rushed but overall I still enjoyed the main series, it had some really great moments like Star-Lord's last stand in the castle. And Battleworld was fun as hell. I still cry a little bit that MHRP was cancelled so early because a Battleworld event would have been phenomenal and I am way too lazy to homebrew that shit.

>Terrax
>not a joke character
muggawut

>the clearance section at the local big bookstore is littered with Secret Wars minis TPBs.

the event is a slightly better Convergence with better art.

Marvel Superheroes RPG is better

>Marvel Superheroes RPG is better
I grew up playing Marvel Superheroes and it'll always have a special place in my heart. But MHRP fucking nailed the feeling of playing out a comic book.

Yeah, but the problem is it's hard to hate it more than we should because other events are worse.

Like the best you can say for Secret Wars is that it's the best Marvel summer event in the last seven years, which goes to show you how bad the summer events are.