So, Captain... If the Federation is so powerful, why we don't have good Star Trek comics?

So, Captain... If the Federation is so powerful, why we don't have good Star Trek comics?

Because in the Federation we know what a false equivalency is.

I'm reading this Ghosts comic that's passable.

Why are there no good Deep Space Nine comics?

If Cardassia is so powerful, why we don't have good Star Trek comics?

the new Mirror Universe TNG book is mindless fun.

Sorry, I just can't take you seriously after you plowed that fugly old bajoran broad.

So im watching OS with my dad. When its done what star trek series should i watch next? Ive seen episodes for next generation, but should i watch another before that(and dont say discovery, my dad watchs that too and its utter shit compared to the original series)

The Animated Series

>ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS
>...
>THAT IS ALL

I've seen every episode of every star trek show and every movie and I've even seen the fan-made shows.

If you want quality?

TOS > TNG > DS9 and stop there.

If you want camp?

TAS is a fun ride.

Voyager and ENT are rocky and miss more often than hit, but there's still good episodes and good characters there and some really solid performances.

If you'd like to see an ambitious fan project watch some episodes of Star Trek Continues. There's some really bad episodes but there's one with John De Lancie that's really solid and a good follow-up episode to the Apollo episode of TOS.

And yeah, Discovery is a pile of shit.

Anyone can seduce a Bajoran. Ha! But to take Nurse Ratched to bed, knowing you'll remember her naked for the rest of your life, now that takes a stomach much stronger than you'll ever have.

I think I'm the only one that likes the old school late 23rd century uniforms.

You know, the ones with the maroon jackets and ribbed turtle necks? From Wrath of Khan.

I thought they were stupid at first. But then... they really grew on me.

This thread needs more Kzinti.

I should rewatch DS9 and screencap as many pictures of Dukat yelling as possible. That man is a goldmine for reaction faces

I am thinking of eating a salad. Slowly nibbling on each individual piece of lettuce, rolling around tomatoes in my mouth before lightly biting into them.

>Dukat will never occupy your planet

Well, on one hand he was really bad at it. He never actually caught terrorists, production was below quota, he had a terror cell on his station he never dealt with, the resistance only grew under his watch. He was right to get demoted for how he handled it.

After the Slaver weapon absorbed the energy from everything else, why didn’t it absorb the energy from their life support units too?

You are not alone. Movie era uniforms are the top shit Star Trek uniforms.

They're a clear step up from the "colored jersey" uniforms of TOS, and the overtight, back zipping spandex of TNG was underwhelming until the fabirc change (and the eventual greatness of Picard's CAPTAIN'S JACKET)

DS9/Voyager/Enterprise duty jumpsuits are good practical outfits too (but probably not really ideal for bridge staff), and I guess the First Contact style uniforms are a nice 'fancy' variant on them.

>So, Captain... If the Federation is so powerful, why we don't have good Star Trek comics?

Have you read DC's offerings from the 80s, OP?

There some alright work from well known Star Trek novelist Peter David in there.

Maybe the slavers used life support fields like them, so it was made to not fuck that up. Also why were all the settings so shit except for the handheld nuke beam?

TAS is a fun campy ride, so watch that between TOS and TNG. Watch TNG, obviously, then watch DS9.

If you like the Borg and Q, don't ever watch Voyager (with the exception of Death Wish, that was okay). If you like not hating yourself, don't watch Enterprise.

I dunno, it was an ancient weapon and it took thousands of years for people to match it and still no one could duplicate a stasis box

That's not his fault! On and on it went, year after blood-soaked year! Time and again he would reach out with an open hand of friendship, and time and again they would slap it away!

You know Dukat occupying your planet means he WILL fuck your mother and call you on her birthday to remind you, right?

>tfw you open a stasis box and find a grenade with the pin pulled.

Will he get flirty with me later? This is important.

I have more questions.

How come the sirens totally disrespected this dude in red? Doesn't he have a name too?

He will have sex with everyone around you in an attempt to get your attention.

What's wrong with Discovery?

When previous ships disappeared into the Time Trap, how could they have communicated that they had communication loss while they had communication loss?

There aren't any good comics because they assumed that people who read Star Trek could read without pictures.

There aren't any good novels either, but that's another problem.

Why did they use the metric system for one line of dialogue while the rest of the episode is stuck in imperial?

Such is life as a red shirt.

It's not very good. The shots are super fucking odd, like, it's jarring to look at. The Klingons are over designed and their scenes last for-fucking-ever because they speak in super slow Klingon. The captain is a total fucking warmonger psychopath who has never even heard of the Prime Directive, so it's pretty contrary to all other Treks. Even in DS9, when the whole show becomes about a huge war, they struggle to hold on to the principles of the Prime Directive and their morals and when they're violated, it's a huge deal. Not in this show, they just love killing.

Why is it against their moral code to handle Tribble overpopulation with painless phaser euthanasia, but they're perfectly fine with letting a predator painfully devour them?

- The fact that the show focuses exclusively on one character means the others get neglected. What do we know about the doctor? Nothing. What do we know about the engineer? He's gay and hates the Captain. Saru? He hates the captain and Michael. The Chief Tactical officer? She dead and no one felt bad about it at all. On top of that the only person who can say anything intelligent or solve the problem ... is Michael. No one else was smart enough to wonder why Ripper was aboard that ship.

You have the worst Captain in all of Star Trek in charge doing everything possible to make everyone hate his guts and its working.

Like, why do Star Trek if you have an unlikable cast with flat characters and uninteresting villains?

The Klingons speaking entirely in Klingon means their scenes take forever to do and after 4 episodes they haven't done much of anything. The swagger, the posturing, it's not there. It's hard to act and speak a madeup language which is why in every other show they didn't go that route.

What does he mean by "most"?

In Gene’s perfect future, are there really still jerks who will refuse to evacuate the children first?

>The Chief Tactical officer? She dead and no one felt bad about it at all.

I miss her. She was pretty....

C'mon, why are you watching this? You knew it was gonna be shit the moment you learned it was All Access exclusive and another prequel show. Don't do this to yourself.

>when you want to make it clear that all humans are united so you want to use metric
>but you're American and you don't use metric so it's a pain in the ass to write about

I liked Dukat when he was a (relatively) good guy and potential friend to the Federation over what they did to him later

Most pointlessly ruined character ever

Did Kukulkan somehow forget that he kidnapped them while they weren’t carrying any weapons?

Because I didn't think I had anything better to do. But I do now. I can watch a better show.

Some writer thought it'd be a good idea for a senior officer to try to amputate a monster who can't be killed by phaser fire or bladed weapons and can rip holes in the hull.

Why do you do this transparent reductive thing when it's easy to see through and ruins your own argument?

I know much more than your one line dismissal of Stamets, Saru, the Captain etc already. The Doctor appeared for the first time last episode, of course you don't know their deal yet.

>Released a monster that killed a shit load of klingons and is immune to phasers.
She was a dummy.

What was Kirk suggesting that Spock pinch, the fucking cage?

Also, what the fuck was BEM's problem?

Not to mention it's abhorrently bad at portraying the Federation as competent. I mean, they didn't even try to send a probe to the beacon, they literally just went straight to "LET'S SHOOT THE FIRST OFFICER OVER". Fuck, even Janeway didn't shoot Chakotay out of a fucking cannon just to get information, and she was a god damn tyrant.

ENT is great though.

The Pah-wraith shit was definitely a drag on the latter part of the show. It's a credit to Marc Alaimo as an actor that he maintained Dukat's charisma throughout it all.

He was never a good person. They didn't ruin him by making him take an honest look at himself and deep down he didn't want to be good. Damar was always going to be the hero.

A very attractive dummy.

Yeah, it was bad. Just saying she was pretty.

>even Janeway didn't shoot Chakotay out of a fucking cannon

If only she had. She'd be everyone's favorite captain.

So it's basically just VOY/ENT level of writing again?

They specifically stated they couldn't penetrate that field with probes and sensors.

>Fellow Dominion citizens
>...
>This is a great day for the Dominion.

Hey the Discovery's captain is the only thing holding the show up

>I mean, they didn't even try to send a probe to the beacon

It blocked all sensors. A probe wouldn't have been any more effective than the ship's sensors.

Of course, any other captain would have sent a shuttle to take a closer look. Kirk would have sent Spock and Scotty, Picard would have sent Geordi and Data, Sisko would have sent O'Brien and Dax , Janeway would have sent 7/Tuvok , Archer would have sent T'pol and Trip.

Why is everybody discussing live action? Don't you people know that this is Sup Forums?

And seriously, what was the point of making the clones into giants?

I'm pretty sure that user is shitposting, because I recall him making the same post on Sup Forums and basically got shit on because he didn't pay attention to the show.

The show has flaws, but that was not one of them.

I'm counting down the days until there's a mutiny with how much everyone hates him. What kind of psycho plays screams of pleas for help to motivate people to work on engineering problems

I don't think Captain Georgiou had enough people with names to send a shuttle.

How crazy the captain acts is the only reason why I'm watching it now

They're borrowing a great deal of writing decisions and plot elements from Voyager

Computer, lock Ensign Faggot in holodeck 3.

Computer, activate program "Revenge of Rapears, the Monsterious Klingon"

Increase sexual drive and aggression by a factor of 10.

Increase number of Rapears's 10 fold.

Deactivate safety protocols

Active program

Because live action has best security chief waifu. (even though she's a fucking idiot who would murder a new alien even though that's explicitly against the fucking Prime Directive)

Do people really think Voyager was that bad? I always quite enjoyed it. Not as much and TNG/DS9 but it seemed decent enough. Haven't seen it in years mind.

Is captain Sisko the most despicable captain ever?
He was fully content with letting his own son die and become a sacrifice to the prophets but when they told him he should not married he basically said "FUCK OFF MY LIFE IS NOT YOURS"

His involvement with the prophets made him such a bad character

>Because live action has best security chief waifu
You're damn right.

I recently rewatched the whole thing and it's not as bad as people say it is. No doubt, it's got plenty of boring and downright terrible episodes, like all Trek shows. But it's also got some truly great ones.

It was fine when you were 14.

Then you watch it again and you realize it's REALLY DUMB.

He was torn over both

Rape gangs

Voyager has fewer highs than other shows and its lows are much steeper than is typical. Also, Janeway's a fucking nutcase.

That said, no, it's not THAT bad.

Compared to our new Captain she's a saint

The Prophets were usually a detriment to the whole show, I feel.

WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

Yep I'm surprised no one talks about it it's great

Best waifus die wrestling space bears, not from angsty goo.

/fit/card is great.

>rape gangs

Not gangs who happen to commit rape, but gangs who exist specifically for the purpose of rape.

i work in the industry. Stewart, Meaney, Spiner are under investigation for sexual assault. Ironically Frakes has a clean reputiation.

I feel the same, it was ok when they were not that heavily involved.
But then it became way too much of them and Sisko's whole character revolved around them.

The future has such extremes.

I don't think "dumb" is the right word. I think what makes it suffer is a lack of characters you care about. They did nothing to make the cast interesting or develop them over time.

DS9 had arcs to characters. Voyager has none of that. Almost everyone ends right where they started. The only interesting characters in Voyager are the Doctor, Seven of Nine, and Janeway but only sometimes.

I just started watching Star Trek. Doing it in chronological order by episode, when does Enterprise start getting great? I'm mid-way through season one and so far the best episode is when Trip gets pregnant

In my opinion, it doesn't. It only ever gets to good.

After season 2.

He really is, Mirror Picard is Fantastic

You've got another season to go.

this
the first two seasons are garbage but 3 and 4 are pretty good

The last season, unless you really really like the show 24.

Georgiou straight up ordered Saru to accompany Michael, but both Saru and Michael protested.

I was told it got great. One of my frienda said that the first season was rocky and it caused an argument with him and another friend.