Are there any good reasons to live in Gotham?

Are there any good reasons to live in Gotham?

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2017/01/19/news/pittsburgh-mills-mall-auction-100-dollars/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cheap rent I guess.

I imagine there's pretty cheap rent available.

Same reason people live in Newark, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, anywhere in Michigan, and Milwaukee.

Which is probably offset by the high insurance rates.

you were born here and you're stuck in those shitholes?

I hear WayneCare is ok.

Its neither Bludhaven or Hub City

Just go to an abandoned warehouse of your choice.

Cheap rent and contrary to what you'd probably think there's a lot of opportunity especially with Wayne enterprises on the other hand a giant mountain just appeared out of nowhere with monsters coming out murdering all my friends also they all look like Batman

wayne's a fuckin jew

the only reason to live in gotham is because its an inescapable forever pit, if you fall in or are unlucky enough to be born in it youre done. welcome to the death that is life buddy.

Lax legal system.

There's this nice statue of '40s Green Lantern. It has this lantern that burns green at night. It's pretty sweet.

Like the only I think of that doesn't seem to like it is Bruce Wayne. Always grumbles when someone mentions it.

a man with literally thousands of priors can get a job in a week

Chicago isn't that bad. Republicans over hype the crime, because black city. But the murder rate only looks high because the city has a high population. New Orleans has like three times the per capita rate of murder.

>Gothem is one of the biggest crime ridden shitholes in capeshit
>Requires permits to carry a firearm
Like fucking poetry
Seriously, how many fucking times could some random citizen have taken out the Joker by just shooting him?

Batman is always there to save him though.

It's the only place you can get proper wings.

Fuck that flying caped rat

You live in Gotham. Become a villain and try to kill Batman yourself

t. Mothman

This guys right. The vast majority of crime happens on the Southside which is a straight up black ghetto. The rest of Chicago is honestly a really nice place.

>Implying
He saves a handful of folk, Batman refusing to kill the Joker has probably gotten thousands of people killed though

I'm not saying I agree with him, just that's what he does. For some reason.

This is 100% true. They have had 500 murders. So what? There are nearly 3 million people in Chicago alone, let alone the metro area.

Memphis, where I live, has had roughly half that, but only has 650,000. Also like Chicago, most of those murders take place in literal war zones. I'm really surprised Memphis doesn't get the same kind of treatment on the news -- I guess because the city's been on decline for a while thanks to white flight moving all the money to the 'burbs and Tennessee/Memphis's retarded tax codes.

>Why would people live in Gotham?
Because they're not stupid. They see a place with massive job potential with hot pockets of crime, centralized to specific areas. So, like Memphis, it's incredibly cheap to live there -- similar to living out in the country, but without all the bullshit that comes along with it.

A piece of coal needs years of pressure to become a diamond.

Good honest work (or not so honest if that's your skill set) and a fantastic night life

No, that's not a Batman joke

There's almost always some party or event or show going on in Gotham, there's tons of bars, there's Burnside

You really gonna talk shit about the one dude keeping the city running?

>Milwaukee
Fuck you

t. democrat damage control

hell no
i was watching BTAS i i recon that one of jokers poison the water supply crime worked, cause every other day of the week some one turns in to a super villain for the smallest reason
like the clock king was late and he become well the clock king,
a super model got a small scare, well good enough for reason to go super villainy.

>there's Burnside
Nothing but a bunch of art galleries, resale boutiques, and theme bars.

All the villainesses are smoking hot 11/10s

You're either too poor to move or rich enough to afford private security.

you have a small chance of getting kidnapped which is pretty hot

Pittsburgh isn't that bad.

People always call out Gotham for being shitty but never metropolis or central city for having rampant crime too. Why?

Great weather

Getting bombed by the Joker is just part and parcel of living in a big city.

Hot teachers

gotham's usually portrayed in night while metropolis and central city are mostly daytime?

gotham appears bleak by default.

so Gotham is the only place that offers second chance for criminals in the US?

The universities outstanding criminal justice program.

what is this a reference to?

They have the best clown college in the country.

And more transexuals per capital anywhere this side of the castro.

If it's all on his shoulders, it's also his responsibility. They're better off just fencing it off and trying again somewhere else.

Gotham is also one of the financial capitals of the world next to London and Hongkong, there's a lot of good paying jobs if you are qualified for it. Basicly, like most of the US, the answer to having a good life is, don't be poor.
Plus where else can you see zeppelins on patrol in the world

>But the murder rate only looks high because the city has a high population
>murder rate
>looking high because of the population
Tell me no one on Sup Forums has such a poor understanding of statistics, I'm begging you.

So, I'm looking for some help to kill Batman. Who's in?

Just hope that one of your professors doesn't decide to take up supervillainy in the middle of the semester.

What'd he do to you?

Huh?

Nothing in particular. Just playing with the idea that Batman doesn't get along well with Green Lantern and Golden Age Green Lantern lived in Gotham.

The idea that Bruce doesn't like being compared to Allan Scott just amuses me.

True.

>trying to kill the batman
No dice. That's the big names' territory. You don't want to piss them off, do you?

I think for a fictional world full of superhuman, super villains is a norm. You won't give up a high pay job just because of a terrorist clown

>Batman refusing to kill the Joker has probably gotten thousands of people killed though
no, the corrupt and laughably ineffective criminal justice system as well as the poorly guarded arkham asylum gets them killed

batman saves people by cutting his rampages short, and already goes above and beyond what is expected of him by catching crime at all, dont blame a man already spending tons of his time and money making the world a better place for not doing even more than what he already does

he has done his more than his fair share of the work, and honestly go blame the people who are not doing the jobs given to them like cops, judges, guards, anyone else who seems to take 6-day holidays in gotham

He doesn't pay enough attention to me.

Hi, Riddler!

what's wrong with Pittsburgh. it just looks like someone abandoned it and blew it up in sections but crimes not bad

just like those random citizens shot and killed that guy in Vegas.

If Batman just hands them the Joker knowing the system is so broken it can't even keep that monster locked up for a week than he's just as much a part of the problem as those inept fucks.

wo reasons from the same episode.

You gonna get rekt by Joker

I simply consider Gotham as an anachronic city.

there is a theory that Gotham is night time and metropolis is the day time

Literally a gun free zone concert.

Thaaaaaat's right, Mike.

You don't need a permit to rape him though. Someone should get right on that.

Maybe if we start a petition we can get Batman to help.

There are seriously less reasons to live in Gotham than there are to live in fucking Mega-City One, and that's counting the murder-plague and undead killer loonies and angry Judges.

> tries to argue that the city is not that bad
> admits it has "literal war zones"

That can be easily avoided. You can live in the city for years and never step foot in one. I have because one of my uncles live in a poor neighborhood and has for decades (despite having more than enough money not to, I don't think he ever HAD to live n that place but my cousin told me it is simply because he is cheap). Most of the people who talk about how bad it is have never been there and have almost no idea what they are even talking about. Live in any semi-decent area and you will never have to deal with that stuff.

With all the violence and crime, property values have got to be rock bottom. Like, buy an entire apartment building for a couple million cheap.

Cause no supers live here. Batman's rogue gallery can't nuke the city as easily as GL's, Supes's or Flash's.

Which is the comfiest city? Ollie's?

Don't have to kill yourself

Something will do that for you

fucking THIS. Every time there's infrastructure damage it's usually from other capes' rogue gallery. Sure with Bats' there's potential for homicide but the Bat usually doesn't let it go THAT far.

It's important enough city for setting (to have shitty hellhole to live in) that its less likely it will be blown up or devastated in massive way like most other places.

very cool

Dammit Gordon.
Why don't you do it yourself?!

>Are there any good reasons to live in Gotham?
Thriving abandoned-factory-based economy

>what's wrong with Pittsburgh
money.cnn.com/2017/01/19/news/pittsburgh-mills-mall-auction-100-dollars/index.html

We need an entire comic book about Jim Gordon's growing obsession with raping Joker that cuts back and forth through his career and ends with an unfortunate childhood birthday memory

This could actually work as a pretty gritty and edgy story.But in the end Batman will stop him from going to far because it would be against Morals and Shit
Also I always wondered if there was any r34 for Gordonposting.

They tried that, President Luthor tried that after the quakes and it was back to business as usual a few weeks later.

The bands had guys with guns. Nothing happened.

literally it wasn't because people said they had guns during it including members of the bands

okay 1: that place is way way outside of Pittsburgh but if you say new kensington no one knows where the hell that is. 2: the developers built that in the middle of fucking no where because they are idiots. 3: Pittsburgh had nothing to do with that and also the company went bankrupt not Pittsburgh 4: well Fargo. and 5: it was built in the middle of no where.

Mostly you're to poor to move I would imagine. That or family ties.

move to Metropolis we got Based Superman

it was cosy, thanks for the thought

Central & Keystone

especially on Earth-22 (Kingdom Come) where Wally is everywhere at once, stopping even the smallest of crimes from happening.

Superman is nice and all, but as someone previously mentioned, his rogue's gallery causes A LOT of property damage. Living in Metropolis means you'll have things crashing straight through your apartment weekly.