Do comics have the worst amount of people pretending to know everything about a medium but in reality barely scratch...

Do comics have the worst amount of people pretending to know everything about a medium but in reality barely scratch the surface and only know their shit from random panels and people from the internet?
How do we get nonreaders to shut the fuck up?

No, that's still music

Ask them about literally any character that hasn't appeared in a movie, but is still well known within the community. It's hilarious, because they try to pretend they're totally following what your saying.

No, doesn't seem more than others. Hell, boards like Sup Forums are mostly people who don't know anything, let alone average gamers.

Probably music is worst though.

I'll admit, I can't read comics. The entire format is just uncomfortable compared to manga.

Stop playing PC politics.
I hate that I'm actually new to comic fandom (only 2 years in) and I know more about a lot of these characters histories than editors and writers at Marvel.

Probably because I actually read back issues. Idk. A lot of those writers and those editors are more into making sure they can spew propaganda than doing their jobs.

The editorial at Marvel is abysmal. Hella continuity errors, typos, art fuck ups, poor paneling, etc.

Well part of the problem is there are so many variations and stories that may somewhat contradict each other.
Can you think of other things that use the same names but have very different substance to them, at most I suppose cars, but everyone knows they change year to year.

>Reading left to right is uncomfortable.
You must have had a real bad time in school.

It's retarded talking about characters because they have literally dozens of writers, different canons, different universes, not to mention retcons

Like is Anti-Monitor the embodiment of conflict or is it just a regular ass bad guy? No one fucking knows.

how can you blame them? the entire medium is a clusterfuck.

remember those letter pages where the actual creators would forget which issue what happened in? the lack of footnotes anymore?

This and it's not even close.

No that's still books.

It's much easier to do it with Marvel

>random thread
>suddenly someone starts Marvel bashing out of nowhere
jesus christ and you definitely don't know more about the history of Marvel than Alonso

Man the lack of footnotes!!!!
I buy hella back issues from the 80s and shit and footnotes are a godsend.
The fact it's so rare to see them today is a shame.

That's not a huge problem. But it's just impossible to really "get into" comics. I pick out a good story here and there like Sandman or Persepolis. But most mainstream comics are like a huge clusterfuck. With manga I can just sit down, start at chapter 1, enjoy my story, and finish at the end.

The biggest glaring indicator is when someone says
>All western comics are capeshit and The Walking Dead

Even with Marvel, what are Asgardians?

That stuff only applies to the Big Two
You have no idea how many times Sup Forums gets annoyed when someone asks for recommended Hellboy reading when all you need to do is start with issue 1 and keep going if you're interested

fpbp

>How do we get nonreaders to shut up
you don't? why are you so triggered by them?

that title goes to videogames, politics, music, culture, history, movies and literature

>to learn more about this character, situation, or interaction, buy this issue from 20 years ago that isn't hosted anywhere online
What do you think?

I don't think anyone pretends to read books anymore.

>All comics are big two shit

>College gave out free copies of a book to help with morale
>Got the writer to show up for a presentation
>Nobody read the book

>and only know their shit from random panels and people from the internet
who the fuck are you talking about that is talking about Copra or Metabarons but also doesn't really read it

>all comics 90% of people care about are big two shit
fixed

I meant that people always assume comics are big two shit .
These are the same people who think they know how the industry works but don't even know what a trade is.
These are the same plebs who can only name Stan Lee and Alan Moore as comic writers (they also at best only read Watchmen and none of Moore's other works).
The same people who treat Sup Forumsbait as the sole representation of the entire medium no matter how outdated it is.

Getting people to actually read anything these days is a chore. Which is why the opinions of those who don't read should be ignored.

Even with big two stuff this isn't so hard, at least not with older stuff. Older comics are not so much one long story like Akira, but many shorter stories, one after the other, with recurrent characters. There is usualy a larger story progression, but it resides largely in the background.
Good examples of this are the first 102 issues of Fantastic Four and the first 38 issues of Amazing Spider-Man or Kamandi 1-40.
The tangled mess is part of the fun. A series ends when you get tired of it.

>With manga I can just sit down, start at chapter 1, enjoy my story, and finish at the end.
Just pick up any trade that collects a complete creative team run to get the same experience. It’s really not that difficult to comprehend a given story. Each run is self contained. The only time continuity becomes an issue is if you jump around from one decade to a previous one or vice versa.

>Do comics have the worst amount of people pretending to know everything about a medium but in reality barely scratch the surface and only know their shit from random panels and people from the internet?

This happens to a huge degree everywhere. Go to Sup Forums or /auto/ or /k/ or /tg/ or /m/ or any board and you'll have a bunch of people with only a passing interest going the whole"I saw/used/read/ate/did X a couple times and read about it online, so now I'm an expert".

And lots of people going on and on about how the overwhelming majority of people who are into what they're into are actually plebs with shit taste.

Yea it's music>>>>American Football>Comics>Sports on the whole

>typos
See, this is how people know you're full of shit, you don't even know the company uses proofreaders, yet you think you know more about the company than the people who work there

You can do that at the big two. Read Action Comics in order, you shouldn't hit a crossover until 500+ issues in.

>buy this issue from 20 years ago that isn't hosted anywhere online
But this is bullshit, not only are they online, you don't even have to buy them

>you don't even know the company uses proofreader
Different user here. They have “proofreaders”, and yet their books still have glaring typos. It’s more accurate to say they have interns who sometimes proofread, sometimes make coffee, and sometimes scratch other itches at the office if you get what I mean. The point is that they do multiple jobs and suck at all of them.

No, they have proofreaders. So ironic you would come into a "why do people pretend to know about shit they know nothing about?" thread and proceed to pretend to know shit you know nothing about?

>that isn't hosted anywhere online

Now this is strictly untrue. There are plenty of hosting sites that don't even require private trackers to get some fairly old and books like from First Comics. getcomics.info is the one I use, it's got a pretty extensive selection.

I only wish people would be real
At this point Marvel and DC are multimedia....comics are only one small part of that. You CAN be a fan and only be into movies, you CAN be a fan and only be into cartoons, hell you CAN be a fan and only be into certain comics or certain characters
You don't need to read every comic in existence to be a fan, but because of the nature of fandoms there are people who see it simply as a means to be a know it all, and a lot of times you'll find these very people are the ones who just read wikis and don't actually read any comics to begin with, they have no respect for comics because they don't consider it valid, they just see it as something to google and pretend you're an expert about.

I can tell you this much, I've been reading comics my whole life....and admittedly, I only read select comics, I don't read EVERY comic, yet I know people who literally have never read a single comic in their entire life and yet they pretend to be experts on the entire medium and have gotten into arguments with these people about comics I actually HAVE read.

If you're a fan of the movies or cartoons you should be honest about it, I say I'm not a huge fan of the movies when people talk about them, because I don't watch them. And I really don't think you can say you're a "huge fan" of a character while only viewing secondary media that comes out once every several years rather than delving into the basis of the character.

>And I really don't think you can say you're a "huge fan" of a character while only viewing secondary media that comes out once every several years rather than delving into the basis of the character.

Maybe not a huge fan but a fan regardless, I mean most movie and cartoon iterations draw very little from the source material....that's why the develop their own cult like fanbases that don't give a shit about comics, and yeah they should be honest about that.

Look at Raimifags for example, plenty of them are open about not giving a shit about Spider-Man outside of those movies and in a weird way I can respect them for that.

Wrestling has it beat by a mile.

no they do, we have a whole board for that

there are part-time proofreader jobs?! where can I find them?

There honestly needs to be some sort of online guide to get into comics. I was a kid when the Iron Man movies started coming out and when the MCU started off and I thought comics were so fucking cool and wanted to be one of those dudes who knew shit about them and just ended up using wikis and whatnot because there was no clear way for me to break into the medium, at least with DC and Marvel, I had no problem with getting into Vertigo or Image shit. DC's a lot easier to get into than Marvel but Marvel is still a bit of a giant clusterfuck to me even now when I've been into comics for years.

Wrestling was another difficult one but after you watch for maybe a month or less you can get into it. That was the case for me at least.

Is wrestling history very important? I watched pretty regularly for about 2 years when I was 12-13 (mid 2000s) and I never felt like I needed to know about shit from the 90s, or even the early 2000s.

It's just like any hardcore fan thing, some people just want to make sure everyone else knows what they know.

I got into wrestling this past year after seeing a clip of The List of Jericho and needing to see more. I don't feel like I'm missing out having not watched the past 30 something years of the company.

I've been reading comics for 2 years and probably know more then people who've been reading their entire life, just because thanks to the internet these days I can read any comic imaginable for free. I feel bad for people back in the 80's and 90's who had to pay a ton of money to get the full story of their favorite books. Even if they just wanted wiki sumaries of comics they'd have to buy Wizard magazines and shit to keep up with what's going on.

Being knowledgeable about comics means nothing in the internet age.

>the worst amount of people pretending to know everything about a medium
The worse would be people who play video games.
It's almost funny seeing people try talk the technical side of games.

The picture .
What is that garbage?

I watched it occasionally as a kid, quit for a few years then got back into it during Jericho and CM Punk's feud in like.... early 2012, I'm going to say? Being born in '98, the only reason I bothered looking for attitude era matches was because of oldfags always rambling on about them and I ended up loving that era as much as they did and I love ECW too. I don't think it's that important but it all depends on what you love. I love edgy shit so I care a lot about ECW but I don't care about any of that goofy 70s mountain wrestling shit they have on WWE Network. Not many people do, I find that if you have some arbitrary understanding of the attitude era and what happened during the Monday Night Wars and beyond that you're pretty fine with most modern wrestling fans.

comics user

>ywn have to pay a shitload of money for your favorite old series
>ywn have to wait a month and just to risk missing out on issues
>ywn have to wait for reissues that may never happen
>Sup Forums will always spoonfeed you the best and worst new comics with storytimes
>ywn have to devote large boxes or entire spaces in your house to your comics like your cool uncle
>you can read tens of comics in public with ease using your phone

Being a millennial babby is great.

Is it good?
Cuz it looks like a cash grab lolz random Nazi waifu breaking the fourth wall cuz Neptunia shit you'd find under a stack of Snot Girl and She Thor (or whatever) comics and a single Tokyo Ghoul manga that isn't even the first volume lies on a shelf with a Pickle fucking Rick poster is plastered on a autism brain tingling blue wall above it

>Cuz it looks like a cash grab lolz random Nazi waifu breaking the fourth wall cuz Neptunia shit you'd find under a stack of Snot Girl and She Thor (or whatever) comics and a single Tokyo Ghoul manga that isn't even the first volume lies on a shelf with a Pickle fucking Rick poster is plastered on a autism brain tingling blue wall above it
You nailed it.

Yes, I am aware of this job listing. They still have no proofreaders.

>You nailed it.
Sweet

After that put sports and then the Fate Franchise and the Nasuverse as a whole

Snot Girl is good though

>First Comics
Thank you user for being my nigga.

>listing literally says the position has been filled
>LALALALALALA I'M NOT A CASUAL LALALALALA
Fucking kill yourself dude.
>inb4 "I-I meant it cheekily, l-like that they're shit at they're jobs"

Are you having a stroke?