Non-edgy Super Backgrounds

Was there ever a super that never had a dark and brooding background which got them into super heroing and just earnestly wanted to help people without an ulterior motive? Pic somewhat related.

Janet's background isn't that undark. She mostly got powers so she could get revenge for her dad.

Mayday!

Wonder Woman

Superman.
>Mom and Dad taught me to be a good person and help people.

oh my god that wasp was 10/10 i´m still butthurt they cancelled that show

You will watch your Disney Approved Avengers Assemble and you will like it mister.

I think they made it into a monthly or have I not been paying attention to it?

I dunno... his whole world died in a cataclysmic disaster... that's kinda edgy, as superhero origins go.

really? I did not know that

i hope you are right user because if not,you will gain a powerful enemy

But it has nothing to do with his motivation.

The opposite of this though

I just loved how her origin was almost the exact opposite of her dad's. If Pete is gonna teach his kind any one thing it's the great power comes great responsibility. I remember reading that he based it on his relative or buddies kid who wanted be a cop like her dad was. Loved that book.

I will never be un mad

He was saved out of a last ditch expression of love.

Barry's original origin. He got powers one day, and because he loved comic books he became a super hero.

wow having lost my dad that hit right there

That's what I always liked about Superman over Batman, he was kind of the light at the end of the darkness

I've mainly been going off the kim cartoon schedule, which go from one month to one month without nothing, to an episode

She got farted into an abomination by a bunch of monarchy obsessed pricks.

As a matter of fact, there is.

what's this page from?

Will there ever be a Legacy hero(ine) as great as MayDay ever again?