The New Mutants trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=bu9e410C__I

This is an X-Men movie? THIS IS AN X-MEN MOVIE.

Could we at least have a short shot where one of them uses their powers against whatever threat they are facing. Otherwise the Mutant bit is useless.

How can marvel even compete?

I'm much more interested in this as a horror movie featuring mutants than just another X-Men movie.

Hopefully this ends with Illyana in Limbo.

>Arya finally got her perfect role as an ugly mutant

I would have liked a shot of Rahne wolfing out.

Kinda weird to debut a trailer in the middle of the night.

They can't. Disney doesn't make horror movies. Think of the MCUnts (I mean, children).

this is bothers me too, this looks like a generic horror movie

Spooky Friday the 13th. BoooooOOOOooo

I thought Demon Bear was going to be in this.

How can Marvel even compete with Marvel? It's all over, give the rights back to Marvel.

By making good movies

Midnight (PST) Friday the 13th, in October.

Nice meme.

wow, that looks like garbage.
And where the fuck was Warlock?

After Legion, I have some hope for this that I might not otherwise have had.
Because otherwise this trailer is generic as fuck. Will people even know it's X-Men related or that it has mutants?

Is this a TV series?

movie

Hey! Doctor! Leave those kids alone!

wow another piece of shit!

the title have the word mutants in it

yes
no

I don't have a lot of faith in general audiences.

Fucking really? That production level and aesthetics look 1 bar above average Netflix series desu.

Why the sudden shift into the horror genre? Not that I'm complaining, it's p neat

Meant for
It's late here fuck it

>Will people even know it's X-Men related or that it has mutants?
Who cares?

Because making every comic book movie the same generic action blockbuster has gotten incredibly stale. Deadpool is comedy, New Mutants is horror, looks like Fox is trying to give us some different options.

>New Mutants
Oh cool, I love New Mutants
>it's a horror film
Interesting, I like that Fox is allowing creators to go in all different directions with the X-Men franchise
>watch trailer
That looks like complete generic shit

>making every comic book movie the same generic action blockbuster has gotten incredibly stale
and people still pay to see that shit

Wrong.

This is a film.

>Boone and Lee first began work on the film after Boone completed work on The Fault in Our Stars, the pair having been fans of the New Mutants growing up together. They pitched a potential film trilogy to X-Men producer Simon Kinberg, and in May 2015 were officially signed on to the film. Taylor-Joy and Williams were rumored to be cast in March 2016, and were confirmed over a year later when the rest of the cast began to fill out and the project was revealed to be a horror film inspired by the works of Stephen King and John Hughes. Filming took place in Boston from July to September 2017.
>horror film inspired by the works of Stephen King and John Hughes.
Uhhh

meh

Reduced to clear, user.

Huh, what changed?
I'm pretty sure it was announced as a show.

Sure you're not thinking of "The Gifted"? That's the mutant show on Fox right now.

>pretty sure

I think you are confusing it with The Gifted

Never ever was a show

What a terrible trailer.

I think the success of IT made them go "WE NEED MORE JUMPSCARES!" but that's not a New Mutants trailer. This is terrible.

Guess I'm from an alternate universe

It's just a teaser, you new mutants fans need to chill

All four of you

whats up whit the guy with the smily face mask? it looks like they were aiming for every single horror movie cliche

>Claremont X-Men has 4 fans
Fuck off Ike

I'll be going to see it. Love that Fox is trying new things instead of relying on the same sterile formula as other studios.

That's Psycho Pirate.

>New Mutants is a big franchise; guys!

Sure, just as big as Inhumans, right?

This is bait right?

Yeah, that's what IT style jumpscares are. "new things".

>this is not an hospital it a haunted house

new mutants is part of the x-men family you person that i could possibly be friends with

Magik, Wolfsbane, Cannonball...

All characters that haven't been relevant in a decade.

>Cannonball
is not like he was an avenger or someting

>IT created jump scares
jesus christ at least try to pretend you are 18

Not the biggest part, buddy

Even Deadpool is bigger nowadays and he's not even a mutant

So was Starbrand

Did it make him popular?

What does relevancy have to do with anything?

Woosh

Irrelevant shit has few fans, hence my original post of 4 people getting triggered and going "not muh"

Be grateful, after tomorrow at least some people will bother to learn who Magik is.

This looks incredibly lame and cookie cutter

Nah, it was originally rumoured to be a show, but thhe rumours turned out false.

yes people were exited to see him in the cavengers but i think you belive if a character isnt popular then he is irrelebant

>Demon Bear is villain
>Professor X to appear
God I had so much hype for this

Why is popularity important?

As long as Magik is an ambigously kinda good/kinda evil girl, Rahne has Christian guilt, and Moonstar fights a Demon Bear, this movie is set. Cannonball is a nice addition.

>Be grateful, after tomorrow at least some people will bother to learn who Magik is.
People know who Magik is, she was on the iconic scene where Iceman comes out of the closet

You didn't really answer my question. What does relevancy have to do with anything?

Demon Bear's still the villain. Notice the focus on Moonstar in the trailer?

So...what's the twist? Everything is actually Dani?

I always make fun of people when they say paid shills post here, but posts like this even make me wonder...

sad!

holy fucking shit I jumped a little

Stranger Things certainly did not invent that wall visual, but boy does having an actor from that series in this movie that also use that effect highlight how derivative its use here is.

That said, I'm all for a mutant movie that isn't cape action. Don't get me wrong, that's what most X-Men and related properties are, but for fucks sake if we're going to have Big 2 comic movies shoved down our throats the least they could do is diversify.

It's hilarious that Fox cares more about diversity than marlel

R rated has worked really well for Fox. Please tell me this is R rated?

Marvel is never going to branch out beyond summer action CGI shitfest because of Disney.

The thing is, the main X-Men movies had a mixed response, while the spin-offs were praised. Deadpool, Logan, Legion, The Gifted, now this.
If anything, I expect this movie to be a positive surprise

>no black mutant in main casts
I guess nobody in main casts will die then

You mean, die FIRST?

>>After Legion, I have some hope for this that I might not otherwise have had.
I'm in the same boat. This isn't much of a stretch from Legion.
At the same time horror movies have kind of a limited audience and then you're limiting it even further to horror movie fans who want to see an X-Men movie. I don't know how well this is going to do. However, I expect later trailers to be maybe just a little more flashy when all the CGI is done.

Still, at the end of the day, the idea to cover weirder X-Men material by wrapping them in a horror film instead of an average action movie is pretty clever. I'm going to be happy to see demons and shit in the X-Men movies if they pull it off well.

Oh does anyone know the budget for this movie?

>the only things of note this guy has written or directed is The Fault In Our Stars and some Katie Holmes indie drama

Not exactly filling me with hope here.

Yup

Is Warlock in this?

Because the Demon Bear storyline was basically Horror with muties

I am very curious as to how well the Demon Bear will translate to the big screen

>Psycho Pirate
>in anything Marvel related
good joke

That must be sunspot

Everytime trailers like these come out i am reminded that very few people on Sup Forums actually read comics. Lots of Sup Forums casuals

When are they getting started?

or, they would just watch the movie, dislike it and go
>Magik, what a shit character!

you really overestimate the general movie-going audience.

Typically when they mean 'works of stephen king', they mean movies like It and The Shining, which are much better than their awful fucking books.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Dany is projecting shit into the minds of the rest of the cast. They can basically show whatever the fuck they want.

>Dany
*Dani

>no warlock shown in trailer
I'll be keeping my money until my favorite alien shows up.

What if the demon is alien?

This is the year of horror making big bucks. I'm ok with this.

This is Dream Warriors but with MUTANTS!!

Isn’t Teenage Negasonic the Cannonball of the movieverse?

I-is Demon Bear the spooky thing?