Questionable Content

I've been noticing this trend in QC recently, and its actually starting to bother me.

Am I only one noticing that more than half of the characters in the comic are LGBT now? Its kinda killing the comic for me.

What do you all think? Am I the only one noticing this?

>recently
It has been over 2½ years since "You're beautiful".

I think city life's made you a bit slow, son.

I don't read QC sonce it's always looked like tripe, but people tend to seek out people like themselves. Whites know mostly whites, blacks know mostly blacks, and in an era where LGBT is increasingly okay to be in public, LGBT people tend to know and hang out with other LGBT people. It may not be as diverse or dramatically interesting that way, but it is realistic.

user just noticed QC is filled with gays and it only took him 13 years.

The comic takes place in Amherst Massachusetts

Did you ride the shortbus to school?

the tranny being introduced should've been a dead giveaway even a moron couldn't miss

I've been thinking that QC hasn't had people that acted like people since 2004.

I was right, wasn't I?

How long until they actually fuck now that he's started teasing it? 2 months? 3? a year?

QC is the comic where storylines go to die.

Really? THAT'S what's killing the comic?
Not the fact that it's dull as dishwater and only half as entertaining?

>LGBT people tend to know and hang out with other LGBT people.

This. Why would anyone be the sole fag among straight people. I have lot of good straight friends but, you know.

Understandable, but this being QC by Mr. Stabby the shift from a comic with music references to tumblr-pandering has been really hamfisted. Its not just LGBT characters replacing straight ones, the straight ones are now suddenly bi as well.

You mean people unironically read this?

When will Marten fuck his sister?

>Its not just LGBT characters replacing straight ones, the straight ones are now suddenly bi as well.

You can make that argument for Faye, but it also involves deciding an inanimate object with no genitals declaring itself to be a gender means it is that gender, which is pretty tumblrish on its own.

For all the side characters that are showing up and turning out to be bi, unless somebody's first appearance is in the middle of a threeway, of course they're gonna appear straight at first.

>Hi Hanelore my name is Clinton and I really like you, but I also like dudes sometimes

That's even more hamfisted, so much so I'm surprised JJ hasn't brought someone in like that.

I guess the more pressing question is why is it becoming more prevalent? I know all about LGBT circles, hell every Lesbian in my city seem to know eachother, but gays aside, when you consider how little of the world population are trans, the way they're popping up all over fiction in the past decade is a little jarring. I'm going to assume it's a cultural trend though; When people realized being gay shouldn't be a crime there was a sizeable boom in both homoerotic literature and flicks in hollywood, sort of like a release of mounting societal pressure.

I suppose it's natural to assume the same thing is happening with transgenders now, but once again that is a minute amount of the population, and I didn't think transgender stigma was all that bad in this day and age in the first place, so it's lost on me. Not that I'm really complaining though.

>I don't read QC but let me have an opinion ITT
get some friends to talk to if you're bored

You guys are my friends

You should keep in mind the difference between actual trans people and the posers. The number of people who are legitimately trans is insanely small, only a few million at most globally. IIRC in America it's only about 1.6 million estimated people who are trans, which considering the population is 320 million that's less than 1% of the total population, and America is the third largest country by population size.

I don't read QC and even I think you're slow. Shitty webcomics having way too many LGBT characters is not a new thing.

Please be patient with op user, he clearly has autism

It's 2017, where have you been?
We're all bisexual trans lesbians with dongs these days, stop being so oppressive.

It's always been that way though.

Jeph Jacques doesn't know how to make himself happy and needs to keep the SJWs roped in to keep his shitty comic up.
>fans tell known suicidal depressive to kill himself because he didn't make some fat bitch in a bikini fat enough
QC is trash. Jacques can't fix it.

he thinks that pandering to the 1% means making 90% of his cast "inclusive" even though thats not how it works in the real world. the only straight characters left are Emily, Steve, Dale, Marigold, Penelope, Sven, Wil, and Coisette. Guess how often they appear in the comic? you can argue Faye is "straight" but he's clearly leading us towards her being robosexual, and he had Clinton heading for a poly relationship before he completely dropped that story arc.

Do not read Questionable Content.