Let's just all agree that Gravity Falls was the best show Disney has ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwhOh64DXuE
twitter.com/_alexhirsch/status/886028514956161024?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best looking visually, yes
The writing however, left much to be desired

no because Gargoyles existed and it needed a 3rd season before it got bad

The Original Ducktales was better, and the new one is shaping up to be so as well.

It's the best 2010s show, but best Disney show? Eh... I have a hard time comparing it to W.I.T.C.H., it's like apples and oranges.

Let's just all agree that Alex Hirsch is the biggest piece of shit in the industry.

Literally the other way around, the writing was consistently top-tier while the visuals left much to be desired, no thanks to the CalArts bullshit.

Who did he rape now?

Gravity Falls was great, but let's not pretend Wander Over Yonder didn't exist

Let's pretend it didn't. It's less painful that way.

That's not Mickey Mouse (2013)

HAHHAHAHAHA
No

And Pacifica?

youtube.com/watch?v=BwhOh64DXuE

this

Not that thats saying much

Yeah, I know they revived it and it's popular but Duck Tales was god fucking awful. Darkwing was the better show. OP is correct overall, nothing else compares to Gravity Falls.

>top-tier writing
>mabel
>the cop out with stan regaining his memories
I disagree

The first part is overblown, and the second one was not just necessary for the story but also an excellent way to finish off the series thematically.

It would be the best show if it ended when Ford and Stan talked about their past, because after that they really dropped the ball.

>le season 2b sucked maymay
Like clockwork, user. Like clockwork.

A character that should stay in the background where she belongs.

But she belongs with Dipper.

Ducktales 2017 would have been perfect if it wasn't for Disney fucking up the scheduling and putting all the Webby and Lena episodes in front because of the success of Star Vs.

SVTFOE was a mistake.

But so is DuckTales.

How can one faggot be so wrong?

>Top tier writing
>Extreme reliance on the “Dipper Pines for Wendy” Premise, even AFTER he fucking resolves it.
Every Mabel B-plot is exactly the same “Mabel Pines for a pretty boy” bullshit.

>Let's just all agree

Nigga what website are you on

>If I call things a meme, that means they’re automatically invalidated

Both premises are sheer fun in this series.
Remember, tropes are tools, it's all about how you use them.

Gravity Falls was good, but it was very clear that Hirsch was inexperienced in being a showrunner, which made for a messy story arc.

It was a better arc than any other cartoon this decade managed to even come close to. So do fuck off.

I've long since debunked the same ridiculous "arguments" about that that keep getting restated.

>So do fuck off.
No.

Stop triggering me!

Is this going to be a big thing over the next few years? Every fuck who makes a big cartoon these days seems to be a "wildly creative but lazy" type who actually somehow made it, see; Hirsch, Justin Roiland, Rebecca Sugar.

Does that mean I have hope, bros?

Sure you have, that’s why you run away every thread with your tail between your legs after getting BTFO like Carnac.

Nobody but Hirsch "made it" like that though. Their shows are garbage, artificially propped up by the network (at least before TTG came along).

Gravity Falls OTOH was such a hit that even getting punted to a second-rate channel for reasons only corporate knows couldn't stop it from getting massive hype and going out with a bang.

>Both premises are sheer fun in this series.
Either you’re lying or you just have abominably shit taste. They were incredibly annoying.

You know, you actually did get me thinking... people who hate GF seems to primarily focus on Mabel not getting punished enough. Yet she's the one who fails with EVERY summer romance she tries, even the one time she actually got the kiss. How many female protagonists can you think of that go through romantic failure after romantic failure in a show?

Meanwhile Dipper keeps failing only because he goes after the same one girl who clearly isn't into him, and in the one episode where he finally realizes he's been sabotaging himself he effortlessly gets girls left and right. And here's the kicker: that episode is the most hated of all!

Seriously, with "fans" like you, it's no wonder Hirsch quit.

Recess will always be the best Disney show, you underage faggots.

I would agree with you if pic related didn't exist

>Focusing on Relationshit like it’s actually important
>Not realizing that Hirsch’s focus on Relationshit for both characters was terrible
>Thinking Mabel not getting relationship when people she Throws goo-goo eyes at every half decent person before getting to know them is “suffering”
>Neglecting that Road side Attraction was hated for reviving a resolved plot thread, Pushing a Hypocritical Moral, and generally being a waste of time only created to sink a ship Hirsch didn’t like.
I expected little from you and you still managed to disappoint. Go back to fellating Hirsch’s kob

>Focusing on Relationshit like it’s actually important
It's extremely important for normies, just because you're a fugly guy and therefore on Sup Forums instead of getting laid doesn't mean you shouldn't keep it in perspective.
>Not realizing that Hirsch’s focus on Relationshit for both characters was terrible
Shit taste, and to be quite frank given their ages it would be weird if the show DIDN'T go there. Cartoons that ignore it are really irritating.
>Thinking Mabel not getting relationship when people she Throws goo-goo eyes at every half decent person before getting to know them is “suffering”
It's suffering when you're a hormonal almost-teen, yes. You don't remember yourself around that age, doing the exact same thing with just about every girl in sight?
>Neglecting that Road side Attraction was hated for reviving a resolved plot thread, Pushing a Hypocritical Moral, and generally being a waste of time only created to sink a ship Hirsch didn’t like.
It didn't revive it at all, it barely mentioned it like twice. And the first of those times was to remind us that it's staying dead and buried.

"Don't play with people's emotions" is not a hypocritical moral.

And while the ship sinking thing may or may not be true (I'm really not sure), Dipcifica is endgame, we all know that. So who cares?

>What is motor city

Shit.

Oh nice, a Gravity Falls thread. I just finished the series because the second half of the 2nd season episodes were released on Netfilx just now, atleast on my country's Netflix, so I was looking for one.

So, I can't help but think that they planned to have a third season(leaving Weirdmageddon to ending, of course) and develop Pacifica, Robbie and Soos to why they were matched their respective symbols other than what they were wearing at the time. Also can anyone explain me why you guys hate Alex Hirsch? I don't have a twitter

>develop Pacifica, Robbie and Soos to why they were matched their respective symbols
What are you talking about? Only Pacifica's symbol wasn't set up long before the episode.

>It's extremely important for normies, just because you're a fugly guy and therefore on Sup Forums instead of getting laid doesn't mean you shouldn't keep it in perspective.
>Thinking Normies want their Adventure Mystery Cartoons to be filled with pointless filler bullshit that goes nowhere
Both your Autism and shit taste are showing.
>Shit taste, and to be quite frank given their ages it would be weird if the show DIDN'T go there. Cartoons that ignore it are really irritating.
My god this shit taste is irreconcilable.
>It's suffering when you're a hormonal almost-teen, yes.
>B-b-but it’s relative suffering!
Are you still a Teenager.
>You don't remember yourself around that age, doing the exact same thing with just about every girl in sight?
If I wanted to watch Dumbass Kids be dumbasses I’d hang out by the mall.
>It didn't revive it at all, it barely mentioned it like twice. And the first of those times was to remind us that it's staying dead and buried.
Nigga are you retarded? The entire conflict of that episode was Dipper bringing back the “I still have a Crush over Wendy” shit.

>"Don't play with people's emotions" is not a hypocritical moral.
It is when it comes from fucking Mabel of all people, when all he did was flirt.

>And while the ship sinking thing may or may not be true (I'm really not sure), Dipcifica is endgame, we all know that. So who cares?
It serves to highlight just how pointless an episode that was.

Honestly, your taste so bad I don’t think anything could change it. You’d probably enjoy Adventure Time if you liked the Pointless relationship bullshit here.

You are probably right but that's not a great merit, Disney shows are shit.

Yeah, but what's the meaning? McGucket was scholarship, Wendy was this "cool as ice" or something. Also I just remebered, what's that on Stan's hat? And Mabel and Dipper's symbols are also just something they're wearing

you hit me right in the childhood user

>You have shit taste! The post

>using something as a plot device is the same thing as bringing it back
>flirting isn't playing with people's emotions
Sigh.

>You’d probably enjoy Adventure Time if you liked the Pointless relationship bullshit here.
I despise most modern cartoons. Gravity Falls is largely written like an early 2000s cartoon but more witty, and that's just the way I like it.

>I was born post 9/11, the post.

Darkwing duck kicks the shit outta gravity falls, and I liked gravity falls. And I'd wager that DD probably isn't even the best.

Were you not listening to Ford? The symbols don't have to be literal, they just have to represent the character. And if it's something they've been wearing for a really long time, that would certainly seem to qualify.

The best part of the Darkwing Duck show is the theme song. And that is not a compliment - other than for the theme song, which is fucking great.

>>You have shit taste! The post
There is no other explanation for liking either of the Twin’s Pining. I’m sorry for your loss user.
>Using a Plot device stemming from a resolved character thread as a Plot device isn’t bringing it back
Okay are you actually retarded?
>light flirting with a person you just met at a Tourist trap is something really commits land not just the person being cheeky
I hate hook-up culture, but you’d have to be a complete fool to see anything in this.

Well, I guess. But I felt like it wasn't going to be just that, it made me feel like there would be a personalitie thing for all of them, especilly because of Pacifica, who had just put on a sweater with a llhama on it

I agree that Gargoyles is what you giys should be comparing it to. And while there was more of Gargoyles and it eventually got weaker, the best parts don't seem like something GF came vlose or even aspired to.

>Failing at romances gives her the right to be a nuisance to Dipper.
>Her failures weren't justified.

>"Hey I'm Mabel, I just met you and I want you to be my boyfriend".

>"Hey I'm Gideon, I just met you and I want you to be my girlfriend".
>>"What the fuck, creep".

>"Band of pretty boys, I'm going to have a harem with y'all, now you are my boyfriends".

>"Let's be honest, Dipper and Wendy wouldn't worked, but Mabel and a merman definitively would".

>"Gosh that guy with the puppets is so dreamy, I'm going to start a relationship with him trough lies that definitively would work".

>"Why do I keep failing at getting a man?"

That's a funny way to say Darkwing Duck there user.

Pacifica was the one character who really did get screwed over in the finale, in quite a few ways. And that's just about the only valid criticism of the finale, actually.

W.I.T.C.H. (also a Disney series) >>> Gargoyles
Even though Weisman only worked on half of it, because the other half was incredibly strong too.

She's neat

The original Ducktales was fucking shit.

The fandom.

Bro, it's not criticism, all I said is that it felt like Alex planned to do more about the symbols so we would be like "oh yeah, that makes sense" but if that didn't happen then who cares? it's not like that thing worked anyway. And my reasoning is:
>The llhama symbol with Pacifica made no sense, since it was something that was given to her in the last episode and apparently didn't reflect her personality
>All of the characters in that ring had big supportive roles(Gideon at end of series) except Robbie. It felt like he would have a redemption arc earlier making him a more important character then let's say Candy and Grenda

Easily became one of my favorites

Disney? Yeah, sure.

Actually the llama had been predicted as being Pacifica's symbol by the fandom, based on NMM. So the foreshadowing was very subtle, but there.

Are we really going to pretend like Gargoyles didn't exist?

Of course not, have you been reading this thread?
But see

Fuck off, chartfag.

I'm so glad we're acquaintances! Now I can call you out.

Fuck off, chartfag namer.

>4 months and still no further word on the comics
twitter.com/_alexhirsch/status/886028514956161024?lang=en

I still hope the artists are on-model and not Tumblr-tier.

No, on top of the other series posted in this thread Tron Uprising, Phineas and Ferb and Avengers EMH existed.

Came here to post this.

Why does anyone even hate him, let alone say he's the biggest piece of shit in the industry? I don't remember any major personal controversies, is it just people salty that Gravity Falls was only 2 seasons?

LITERALLY! A HACK!

Soos is clueless and Robbie is angsty, their symbols make sense. I have no idea how the llama fits Pacifica as a character, though.

Craig deserved better

Suck my dick

I'd argue that Gargoyles was better visualy

Wander was better

I think he needs that beard because without it he has the creepiest babyface

because no consequences ever is such a great theme
then again, given how Mabel got away with destroying the world, that IS a theme

anyways, the entire final episode felt rushed as shit

>all things agreed upon in mass is a meme
I guess 2+2=4 is a meme too

>GF best at anything else but disappointment.

Dave the Barbarian is the best disney cartoon and don't you forget it

Sure but cartoons could be so much better if they really tried.

>shit taste alert

No. He didn't do much wrong. Better 2 good seasons than being the next Sponge Bob or Fairly OddParents that will never end.

maybe the relationship writing in this show just sucks in general

hahahah no no
just no.
The animation may be better but this show is bad and boring and painfully unfunny.

Reasons, why?

The other shows are worse.

>frozen
>land before time
fuck the newfag that did this

definitely had the best TV-Show-Movie out of all of them
James Woods will always make a great villain
>Don't play with people's emotions
oh, boo hoo. I talked to girls and got their emails, I'm such a monster for getting the interest of girls I'd probably never see again, I'm such a chad monster

Do you know what the word "show" means?
Hint: Not movie.

This

That would be Lilo and Stitch actually