>Ha Ha ha
Why is Bobbi such a cunt to Peter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O7EZ-CBVgF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Getting Mocked, figuratively and literally
This is surprisingly funny

>Shirt fits a male figure perfectly

Does she just have multiple variations of it laying around?

Peter's broke again? What did he do?

Doc Ock was going to take over his company by force because....I guess companies work like Game of Thrones? Anyways, he didn't want Otto to control Parker Industries so he jettisoned the entire company and destroyed all its assets and shut down all its systems.

A better question is why Robbie's being such a cunt to Peter? The dude went from being one of the few people who had Pete's back at the Bugle to an instant asshole willing to throw a friend (who used his corporation to prevent several disasters and threw it all away just to keep Hydra from gaining access) under the bus just to sell papers.

Is Slott incapable of writing characters with empathy or some shit?

Robbie's an ass, and Pete's a man-child with a savior complex... Well, I'm glad I stopped reading TASM after Superior.

>Millions of people across the world lost their jobs overnight
>Why won't anyone feel sorry for the guy that put them out of work?

because SLOTT

>inb4 he pops up here agaun defending this shit

Better question is why do people blame peter parker for this?
'To stop doctor octopus taking over all your shit spiderman had to destroy our central server' such a hard press release.
It's not like it's a secret how it happened peter tells it to the randoms on the street harassing him.

>when you see it

I get Otto wanting his company back since by all means, Otto built Parker Industries wearing Peter as a meat suit
But damn man, doesn't a giant company like that have a PR firm or something?

You have to remember that Marvel citizens are some of the dumbest and most aggressive people in fiction

So, the blame was Peter, not doctor Octopus/Hydra for trying to take over. Riiight. Well, they portrayed journalists just right.

If only they got synergized with Raimi
youtu.be/O7EZ-CBVgF8

Yea and likely IRL none of the international branches would have been directly connected.

Better story would have been.

Parker Industries New York Branch is gone and sacrificed to stop Doc Ock. Peter moves to the fledgling branch he'd just got up and running

Parker Industries Tokyo.

But hey that's a story that wants to grow beyond the constant reset of "Parker Luck, Peter has a shit life."

Fuck that from happening.

>Marvel citizens are 100% real deal super retards
>Everyone seems surprised about this

>HYDRA was in the middle of taking over the world
>The entire corporation and their products were compromised because SpOck built everything from the ground up and was going to hand it all to Hydra
>A ridiculous amount of employees were even indoctrinated by Hydra
>"Muh fuckin jerb!"
Granted the entire conclusion to Parker Industries is fucking retarded. When Stark or Rand is facing a takeover from a hostile faction, their first instinct isn't just to send it all crashing down with no survivors.

Beyond that, it fucked over consumers. Every PI product got wiped. It'd be like every phone or computer running iOS/OSX permanently shut down. Everyone using PI-ran cloud storage just lost all the data they had stored up there.

Peter's "just nuke it all to stop Doc Ock" strategy was reckless and short-sighted.

Well, he is fat cunt man baby.

Ever since Fantastic Four #1, Marvel citizens have been shown to be terrified of everything, and completely give into mob mentality, without exception.

It's a Marvel tradition. If you don't have a name, you are a bigoted, extremist, coward.

So Marvel citizens and Bikini Bottom citizens are basically the same thing?

>Is a feminist
>Is a cunt to a man despite him being her friend
Gee I wonder, why...

Yes, with the caveat that one of them is hyperbolically shitty for humor value.

So... It's Parker's fault that he had to stop Hydra from weaponizing his company? How?

Slott's incapable of writing characters altogether

>Lose all your personal data
>Have all your personal data turned over to HYDRA
Truely Parker has damned us all.

>Spider-man is selling under 60000
Peter needs a new writer and a new direction as soon as possible

>The bad news is, we accidentally your entire bank account
>The good news is, we definitely stopped terrorists from stealing it

When my house is foreclosed on and I'm sleeping in the streets, I'll be sure to salute the flag I now use as a blanket for his selflessness

>You almost got fucked over by Hydra.
>Don't worry, *I* fucked you over instead.

They softened Peter and the core cast a bit too much since they simply didn't have time to flesh them out, but Raimi's New York was what I'd want from Marvel civilians. They appreciate heroes and help them, but there's still elements of skepticism and worry.

A lot of early ASM tried to be more balanced, with public opinion on Spider-Man bouncing back and forth and a lot of people thinking of JJ as a blowhard.

>It's better to die under the boot of turbo Nazis (because that's how Marvel treats Hydra now, don't deny it) than to deal with hardship but defeat Nazis.

You're both pathetic.

If hydra wins there won't be a street for you to sleep on bub

>Has sex with him
>Makes him sleep on the couch.
>On top of that she makes fun of him for losing all his money and becoming the most hated man on Earth.
These have to be early signs of an abusive relationship or something.

He needs the marriage back too.

My favorite scene in Raimi's Spider-Man is when Green Goblin makes him choose between rescuing Mary Jane or rescuing a bus full of kids

A shame how they never show that director's cut version anymore, where he's explaining to her parents that she was just one person, and it was better to let her die than all those kids, and that they should stop crying because no, he could not do something crazy like stopping all the bad things because it was made very clear to him earlier he wasn't Superman

>better
Why would i care about which is better when I'm dead either way? I needed that job for healthcare.

>"There's no such thing as a no-win scenario!"

Fuck off Kirk

You don't need it to live. T. Never had it in my life.

>Feeling negative emotions over a loss is illogical
Eat me, Spock

This handily explains why these people are writing comics instead of working in business. How the fuck do they think companies work?

Because Peter must suffer and suffering is fun. According to Marvel.

If I kill Slott do I take his place as writer?

Now Marvel is suffering

>makes what is essentially her boyfriend sleep on the couch
>puts labels on all the food in her fridge she doesn't want him to eat
>has a t shirt identical to her own printed in his size
Is Bobbi autistic?

Also I want to see someone actually ask Pete about his feminist agenda to see what his response is.

>A feminist is a piece of shit

Why are you surprised

>Is Bobbi autistic?
Probably not, but she may actually be emotionally abusive. Seriously, everything about this is just wrong.

>Welch's is labeled "Not Peter's
>Hawkeye comes over and makes himself a jelly sandwich
>"If you're trying to get back at me for banging Spider-Woman, it ain't working."

>A person he can physically hold is the same as machines across the globe.

This is a "snapping Zod's neck" scenario. Peter is only in this situation because Slott wrote it like that, and its pretty Jacky. The obvious answer is you can't fault Peter for doing that since there was literally no other option available, but you CAN blame the writer for making a situation antithetical to the character for no reason.

real clever

>Not caring that the world is fucked because you didn't git yours.
You really are a Marvel citizen.

That is the best edit.

>A person he can physically hold is the same as machines across the globe.
>He can remotely shut off all his devices from across the globe, but he can't remotely install a fucking firewall

If I'm getting out of snarky reply zone for a minute, it's not about Peter having to make the least bad choice. Yeah, he did what he had to.

But the actual realistic reaction to getting screwed over is getting pissed off about it, and people definitely got screwed over.

I don't man but you should try it. Pls.

You know what I dont like about this plot? Is that in the end it flanderizes the hell out of "parker luck", I get he gets shit on by life a bunch but this is just cruel for the sake of it, its not building his character, its not adding anything and is just crap, its just shameless about it.

Why cant Parker struggle his way to some form of normal happiness instead of struggling towards a sad fate? Why must his hole be deeper instead of smaller pains?

I'm only really annoyed about Robbie. He's supposed to be better than that.

Man, I always thought the appeal of Spider-man was to see Parker grow up, we saw him grow form this kid to highschool to a family man with a great wife and an avenger then next minute his marriage gets erased and the company he (Ock) worked for gets erased just cuz.

>He can remotely shut off all his devices from across the globe, but he can't remotely install a fucking firewall
Yeah, according to Dan that actually wasn't an option, Otto's just too good.

In this scenario Peter did the least bad thing. The problem is with the writer, who gave us a scenario in which there was no other option. It's boring, it cheats us out of being able to criticize Peter, and it slows everything down with stupid drama.

We're in agreement here. Peter did the bullshit thing because Marvel is stupid. You can't really blame the character when the world contorts to force them like this.

There's a reason that no one batted an eye on how Cap and Superman were characterized upon seeing each other's citizens in JLA/Avengers.

Why are Marvel citizens retarded? Who started the trend?

> the company he (Ock) worked for gets erased just cuz.

>Go back to school and get your doctorate
>Start a company to finally get the respect you deserve
>Sacrifice your life and everything you worked for to save the woman you love
>Go back to the company you started and toil away without getting so much as a paycheck
>Finally get your life back together and have control of your company again
>Asshole interim CEO burns it to the ground to keep you from what's yours

Fuck Parker luck, let's talk about Octavius luck

Aren't they all infected with a Virus that makes them retarded, or was that retconned?

Or did that only work against mutants?

Sometimes bad shit happens, and you don't have the luxury of always having a convenient third option. Why should Peter, someone defined by both the bad decisions and raw deals they make or get handed to them, always have the luxury of dealing with a situation that he can easily handle?

They'll just reveal that the one you killed was a Slottbot and the real Slott is perfectly safe.

Beats me, it's been a thing long since Sublime and despite what people say it's never been mutant and Spidey exclusive.

She Hulk's probably the only one who never had to face anything like this thanks to her job.

This isn't the Otto that sacrificed himself, though. If I'm not mistaken, he thinks the only reason his previous self died is because Peter's lingering consciousness made him stupider.

>She Hulk's probably the only one who never had to face anything like this
>AH, big green monster! Run away and call the Army!
>AH, big green mo... oh no wait, this one's a girl.

Shoutout to the time Marvel crossed over with DC and the Marvel heroes all thought the civilians must have been brainwashed by the Justice League because they don't act like assholes.

So he can fail to realize them.

When the situation is like this, the last thing a writer wants to do is take blame away from the character, yet here we are. There's no point in situations where the hero COULDN'T have any kind of better option because it takes away agency and self-reflection. You may as well just dump the superhero angle if his growth and agency is irrelevant and he doesnt stand for anything.

Is Bobbi worse than Carlie?

What really bothers me is that even if Robbie thinks it's all true, putting "Threat or Menace" is totally uncalled for and reeks of tabloid journalism.

A Bacteria if you want to be precise. And yes it only made them hate mutants, but like everything else from Morrison's run it was retconned/ignored within an issue of him leaving.

Sublime is still around and was used by both Fraction in his Uncanny X-men and by Wood in his X-men. It was also never made explicit that Sublime wasn't the cause, so that wasn't actually retconned. It was just never brought up again.

If you think about it, Bobbi is basically slott’s official replacement for Felicia in terms of their dynamic. Except Felicia never dogged on Peter like Bobbi did.

You don't store that there, though.

>They kept Slott on this garbage book for years

Imagine being spiteful of your fanbase and stubborn that you do stupid shit like this

>Except Felicia never dogged on Peter like Bobbi did

...She stole his blood in his sleep and sold it to drug dealers.

Aye, Felicia's dynamic with Spidey pre-OMD could be pretty cute.

And based SpOck only took her tooth. She got off easy.

What? No she fucking didn't. She sold it to someone with a disease so that he could find a cure.

What did Sublime do i those? I actually liked the idea of him for a villain being one of the first most basic forms of life that wants all these complex organisms to get off his lawn.

>believing her lies.

Because this is how all Marvel females are to Marvel men now.

Because this is what a loser cuck like Dan Slott would put up with to be with a woman.

OMD fucked over almost every character. Not to mention all that development for Felicia was wiped out.

My mistake, they stole it FROM drug dealers, and then she sold it to VAMPIRES.

>her lies
Spider-Man straight up went to Morbius tho.
A vampire that hasn't really done anything that bad for years. Wasn't he even working for SHIELD at the time? Regardless, I'm pretty sure Spider-Man can spare some blood for someone that's trying to find a cure for vampires.

Refresh my memory, how far removed was this from when he decided that Morbius was so unredeemable he was less trustworthy than the guy who ate his own kid?

This was several years before if I remember correctly.

People is surprised that Mockingbird is, well, mocking someone?
Level your game, Pete. Clint did way better than you. And you're supposedly to be the more snarky one.

Pfft. Not with Slott at the helm.

I really, really want Slott to work his writing. Goddamnit, I know I will never get rid of him, but come on, Peter is more than sad dumb smartass spiderman.

I mean, I'm not defending marvel citizens, but if you saw something like your pic do you think men would run? Or would they prefer to stay and enjoy the view even if they're taking a possible risk?

I think the whole monstergirl fetish has made very clear that the dick will always beat our drive to listen to our fear/panic.
reproduction instinct >>>>> self-preservation instinct
When it comes to the whole "fight, flight or freeze" theory, the truth is males have a fourth response: "fuck it".

In Fraction's run, he started selling what was basically legal MGH. He'd sell pills that would give humans the powersets of various mutants, basically under the hope that by making humans as powerful as mutants, they'd be able to wipe them out more easily.

In Wood's run, he joined the X-men and started dating Rachel Grey.

I will never not be amused at how personally offended Quicksilver is at Barry Allen's popularity.

>When it comes to the whole "fight, flight or freeze" theory, the truth is males have a fourth response: "fuck it".
>males
>implying the bad boy appeal doesn't exist for a reason

>The first reaction Cap has towards DC's superheroes is because since the populace apparently adores them, CLEARLY they must secretly be tyrants