senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
discord.gg/rXMbdqP
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
youtube.com/results?search_query=how to draw comics
webtoons.com/en/challenge/bongo-and-luna/list?title_no=98650
capeworldcomics.com/comic/magical-woman-1/
capeworldcomics.com/comic/magical-woman-2/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azazel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
calligraphr.com

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on:
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

youtube.com/results?search_query=how to draw comics

I had this idea for another BJ short comic but decided to save it for Halloween.

Rather, I had the idea a while ago and decided to save it for Halloween.

You should have let the thread stay dead. Next time don't make a new one. /hyw/ was a mistake.

lol, and with that #413 is official.

>tfw you get sick of making comics and start game deving and a week later you get stuck and go back to comics and then back to gamedev and then back to comics and then back to gamedev...

What's wrong with having two hobbies?

so i'm starting a short practise comic and i have no idea how to start it off. i'm trying to write something and nothing is coming out, any advice?

Man you always draw at least one vein/fold on your tentacles that makes them look phallic. Could I suggest taking some time to study squids and octopi and cuttlefish and vines? I think if you tried to learn more about their texture, you could make more convincingly rendered tentacles.

Said this last thread but hopefully you didn't see that: try coming up with an ending and quickly scribbling pictures that show how you get there.

Remove a bunch of them, make new ones, repeat until you're satisfied.

You're assuming two things.

One, that this is not somewhat intentional.

And two, that space tentacles have to follow any Earth bound convention.

Are you feeling uncomfortable, user?

I'm doing the same thing and it's not easy. My suggestion would be to try not to think of them as complete stories but more like an illustration of a scenario or moment. Depending on how short it is you won't be covering a lot of ground and you won't have time to add a lot of context.

Oh, I saw it get brought up once before and the response was "naaaww." Or at least I thought it was. If you want that, that's your prerogative.

And I didn't say it had to, I was suggesting that elements could be taken from that to make them more distinctly tentacle than penis.

Yeah.

The left one's lower body seems off and I can't tell if it's too long in the torso or the pose is messing me up.

Yeah, it's got issues.

I drew this while standing up at the Wacom booth at NY Comicon this weekend. I was only willing to put but so much into it.

Does anyone know any creative ways to advertise your webcomic?

Link to webcomic
>webtoons.com/en/challenge/bongo-and-luna/list?title_no=98650

I remember you linking this in a different thread and getting a lot of feedback.
I see you've taken precisely none of it.

No amount of advertising is going to give you a substantial boost while you're doing scribbles of lesbians in a void. If nothing else, at least put a solid color or a gradient or *something* behind them. If you want notoriety it's going to be a long, long haul until you're remembered (for better or for worse). TL;DR, if you don't either push yourself a bit more with your art or writing, advertising isn't gonna help you expand the thin net of people who won't ditch you for more aesthetically pleasing lesbians or smarter jokes.

>I'll draw my characters with the stalest pose and worst expression ever

Dude no, don't be hyperbolic, it's just gonna start a petty argument that goes nowhere. Tell him why you don't like the poses and how he can fix them instead.

it's amazing they're so vigilant. i wonder if there's an automatic alert script.

Did... did Beetlejuice get teen pregnant?
I feel sorry for anyone who sees big bulging veins in something and thinks penis. what is wrong with the dongs you've interacted with? Also take a look at real cephalopods sometime. their tentacles have loose-skin-wrinkles to make room for the muscular hydrostats. they aren't just perfectly smooth like in cartoons, they look a lot like what bridgey draws. Folds.

I think the idea is that fighting tentacle monsters has become blasé for them.

If that was the case they'd look bored and unengaged instead, m8.

What mood are you getting from those expressions?

Bemusement and irritation.
Their body language suggests neither this, nor boredom, nor a lack of engagement. They're just unnaturally stiff, and the artist explained exactly why that is. No need to pretend it's something else entirely to justify that.

I agree with this, since that comic made by the pedophile with the period blood fetish is ending these threads should end too.

Thanks user, Friday the 13th shall live on!

And let's not forget we are close to the deadline of the HYW challenge!

>MAIN THEME: Ink Adventures
>SECONDARY THEME: (choose one to play around alongside the main theme!)
-Tits
-Brewing
-Theatricality
>DEADLINE: October 15

Remember that you can play with the theme as you see fit, we want to see how creative you can get!

>implying
See you in July when it's still being updated.

Wow, I'm not seeing any of the usual expressive cues that suggest bemusement and irritation.
You're right that their bodies are in action mode, but it's kind of hard to fight with nonchalant body language. That's why faces can express different things from bodies. I don't know if it's what the artist was going for or if it was accidental, but it looks a lot like something I would draw intentionally to illustrate people who are a bit bored of fighting because they're so good at it. though I would try not to make that doubled-pelvis mistake. I recognize it well

>bemusement
Raised brow, casual glance, slightly pursed lips
>irritation
Clenched teeth, arced brow

Either way, they sure don't look bored or disengaged.

>it's kind of hard to fight with nonchalant body language.
Slouching, not paying attention, wide innacurate swings, lightly pushing the opposing force rather than attacking in earnest [e.g. placing a foot on top of something headed your way], sheathed weapons, resting posture for inactive limbs [e.g. hand on hip, sitting down, etc], sighing, stretching, there are a mountain of ways to show characters not giving a fuck while fighting.

>I don't know if it's what the artist was going for or if it was accidental
He already said it was because it was a quick thing in the middle of a con, scroll up.

>but it looks a lot like something I would draw intentionally to illustrate people who are a bit bored of fighting because they're so good at it.
You should really rethink how you approach these things if you think stiff-but-active poses are a good way to convey a reluctance to act via ennui/apathy.

I don't see pursed lips, quite the opposite. I guess the guy on the right's brow could be raised, but because his lids are lowered I saw it more of an "ah, I see" expression.. and his mouth looks slightly-open to me, not teeth clenched. I see why we interpreted it differently.
>slouching, wide inaccurate swings
I think you misunderstood what I was suggesting. I'm describing a scenario where someone is so good at fighting (so they wouldn't do those things) that they're bored, and their faces show it.
And finally I have never understood what "stiff" means and this isn't helping

these threads have some dodgy "critics"

They always have, but some of the same rules that apply to comics apply here. e.g. it's being offered free of charge, out of a pure desire to help in some way; there's no barrier to entry; etc

If you feel that way, why don't you respond to them so they can make better critiques in the future? Even if you can't articulate your feelings, the least you could do is point them out for us.

Every little bit helps, right?

this
you can countercritique, and just like critique it shouldn't be given or taken as a personal attack

a pile of shit on the pavement is free, doesn't mean you should take it home with you

Are you mad because someone brought up the period thing again?

I'm working on this story about a wimpy little guy who gets into fights with enemies way bigger than him, and occasionally super powered or super natural beings. And he somehow wins despite the fact that he has no powers or martial arts skills. Still need to figure out how that works. Plus maybe he gets skills from defeating his opponants. He doesn't want to fight or gain skills, but he somehow always ends up having guys on his way to work or when he has to get a job done on time.

Well, what's your end goal with this character? You want it to be typical superhero stuff? Horror? Abstract? Is it more comedy or tragedy? Does he have personal goals? Will he achieve them?

You answer stuff like that and the rest will come naturally.

Exactly, but you would never describe a pile of shit on the pavement as "disappointing" implying you had put some kind of investment into it that it didn't live up to.

All I can think of is judo. If he's a master of leverage, a human fulcrum, then it doesn't matter how big his opponents are, he can just turn their own power against them by redirecting it. For extra points he could be a skilled close-up magician so he's good at that kind of redirection too, and nobody who watches the fights figures out what he's doing exactly (because if they did, it would be easy to beat him. just stop throwing punches or kicks and instead grab and squeeze him)

You should probably pay attention to it, though, otherwise you'll be in deep shit.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

When I see a fairly long post in response to something I expect some good shit, not babble

Its more of a comedy story, he just wants to work a normal job, but he keeps getting into fights when he doesn't want to. Maybe to get a promotion he has to occasionally battle super powered opponants.

I like the redirection idea, since he doesn't have powers or super strength he can turn those powers against his opponants.

Could you... perhaps quote an example? I'm not seeing what you're talking about.

>feel sorry for anyone who sees big bulging veins in something and thinks penis. what is wrong with the dongs you've interacted with?
user probably only knows dicks from hentai

I might be assuming wrong, but I thought
was the author, confirming that the dickishness was intentional.

do you have a mental illness

No, actually I just misread, thought you quoted the post below it, and deleted my post when I noticed you weren't quoting the one about how to make a story.
I blame posting from my cellphone

It is, but that doesn't make the critique accurate

>deleted comment

Oh boy, what did I miss?

See

Anybody want a pic crossover with my characters? Not a full fleshed comic or anything just some fanart

I ONLY read webcomics with cute girls in them! If you want me to read your we comic, there had BETTER be some cute girls!!!

Got a webcomic brewing right now, just for you. Give me a couple weeks.

how cute are we talking about

This is all we can share of this week's page as it's part of the patron-exclusive spinoff but here you go

OH NO! This girl is TOO CUTE!!! I might cream my jorts!!!

Oh yes I like where this is going

Repent.

Sorry, I got no cute girls.

you extra liar. i remember a cute monster girl of some kind

C-cute...

I can't cute. I prefer THICC

Is a magical girl empress cute enough?

Her story's on its second part in case you're interested.

1st-capeworldcomics.com/comic/magical-woman-1/

2nd-capeworldcomics.com/comic/magical-woman-2/

she's cute for sure.
She has a slight case of sloping forehead though

dude you're continuing? awesome. somehow I got the impression from your last post that you'd given up on it having not finished it in 24 hours

well now its more like a 300 hour comic, but yeah

cool and a half. I'm removing THIS from my 'done' folder and back into my active comics bookmark folder too.

>Want to make a webcomic
>Have okayish idea
>No idea where to start

Should I post my idea? Is it worth it?

feelsbadman.jpg

there's no wrong place to start. you can always catch up

I'm finishing that shit. Why do I take like 2 months to draw 10 PAGES. HOW DO I SPEED THINGS UP FUCK IT.

post a sample page to get the general idea man. sometimes, just doing it gives you an idea if what you wanna do works or not!

Fuck it. Someone showed mild interest.

It's called Living Hell.

Comedy/mild fantasy with a focus on plot

In the 1980's, a teenage girl accidentally summons a stoner demon. They get teleported to hell, and shouted at by Satan that she is bound to the demon until they can fulfill a contract. Problem is, the MC doesn't understand, and the Demon was high as fuck.

They proceed to try and either fulfill wishes or ruin people's lives to try and end the contract, and grow as people along the way.

2 months for 10 pages is pretty good for most comics.

That sounds like a combination of a lot of things I like, but in a way I've never seen it done before. Fuckin' go with it. Go right ahead. What do you have so far, any art?

cool!

I don't think so mate, I know i can get work done faster, I should thighten my own set deadlines. I don't know, I don't wanna rush it, but at the same time, i want to deliver content to people.

Well if you can, then I suggest you figure out why you aren't. Might be you're not getting into grooves, might be you have distractions

A few character sketches, nothing major. I had the idea pretty recently, but I'm somewhat passable at art.

Thanks!

I have a small tablet, but I prefer drawing on paper and scanning it in, am I autistic?

show art, also I can understand why you'd prefer paper. I use my tablet to draw the pages, but i'm really better just with a drawing pen and some paper. Tablets, if they're not fucking cintiq, are not as good as paper and pen.

How much shit would I catch from Sup Forums if I include a gay black dude in my webcomic

I'll try to dig something up.

My tablet is an Intuos Manga... are Huion tablets okay?

Tablets have a learning curve that isn't all that steep but is very very long. scanning and then using your tablet to fix up your lines is a fantastic technique
by all means show us up to three character sketches.

the fuck does it matter what color he is. a homo's a homo. don't put them in comics. you wouldn't put a vegetarian in your comic would you?
but if you do, don't make it the defining characteristic of the character.
but if you do, make him a hilarious camp faggot

nothin wrong with huions but if you have a wacom, you might as well be sitting at your lobster dinner wondering how the shrimp cocktail is

Your the author of that god awful comic where Freddy Mercury is the gay kid's dad, aren't you

Christ no. Do you think that guy has the sense to post what I just did?

Well, some people have told me Gwyn (shortstack fairy on first row) is cute. Anyway, drawing the character design for this arc's epilogue, AND I've finished drawing my 150's page today!

Living Hell user here, found an old char sketch of the MC Demon.

Her name is Baphomet, sorry for potato phone camera.

Fucking rotation.

Is it okay? It's a rough sketch. I have no access to a scanner right now, but I can get one.

Okay, it's a start. I didn't realize the stoner demon was also a girl. I was imagining the much rarer dynamic of a human girl with a male demon, and even funnier if he's a stoner
Anyway this is a good simple cartoon style I suppose. Reminds me of some old sesame street animations like 'in with the in crowd'
Now this is the suggestion I hate to give, but there's just no way around it: the name Baphomet has been overused. Not just in general, not just in comedies about demons, but even a specific webcomic in these very threads. Even looks like her, though I assume both of you are drawing from the same old illustrations.

Fuck.

I liked the Baphomet aesthetic. Damn it. But still, I can improvise. Thanks for actually telling me before I went in too deep.

Should I trash the aesthetic? Name change should be mandatory.

One part I keep fucking up is the girl character. I want a sort of mildly mousey, nerd type. But I can't nail a design. I think I got too creative with the demon and when I try to have the two next to each-other, I look at the her and I think "Fuck, that's generic." Any advice?

I suggest you look rrl deeply into demonology, find someone who's superficially similar to baphomet, and base her on that one
then once or twice someone is like 'whoa is that sum baphomet?' and she has to correct them and groan that she's more obscure.
Mousy girls should be soft, have round edges, big pretty brown eyes, hair that's neither curly nor straight but has a single inward curve per hair. can't go wrong with a buttonish nose and freckles.

OOH FUCK, I GOT IT.

Azazel, "Azzie": The Scape-"goat" demon.
Always fucking up. It's almost too perfect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azazel

TY user, this is great.