Could a Warhammer40k animated series work?

Could a Warhammer40k animated series work?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party#Gallery
youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg
regimental-standard.com/
youtu.be/XRuWCgyDBQo?t=454
youtube.com/watch?v=VaLsg3M7jOs
youtube.com/watch?v=stZV5SxzLf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes but only if they have the crazy shit from the early versions

No, the fanbase is nearly as full of autistic fuck as RnM.

The GeoM is a fucking idiot.

>palace on Holy Terra literally the size of Asia
>Emperor's throne room built over Mt. Everest
>hive worlds have colossal cities that house billions of people each
>the land space of whole planets are used solely for making shit that goes boom
>ships the size of Florida are commonplace
>no less than six different ways to waste whole planets in a matter of seconds
>has an army numbering in the trillions
>every single Space Marine are like Master Chief on steroids, they number in the millions

And that's just the stuff the Imperium does. That's not counting all the Warp shit or a race of soccer hooligans whose technology works literally because they think it does

As a series of animated shorts, yes. One long spanning series? Nope.

>that buzzsaw axehead

There is no possible way anyone could make that an effective weapon

>Swing at an Enemy
>Catch Limb or piece of Torso in between Saws
>Pull inwards to sever/pull towards you or off balance and maim
Granted you would more so be Using it as a hook than an axe but theoretically it seems possible.

Go home John Alvin Calder

I already know the perfect Candidate
1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party#Gallery

As someone who only dabbled in WH4K, how exactly are their so many humans and shit considering everything wants to murder them?

Clones or do humans have alot of propaganda for having families?

Make it a saturday morning cartoon and you got a deal
>Emperor the forces of chaos are polluting the planet's lakes
>WE CALL THE GUARDSMEN

This
40k is just fucking fun that runs on a mixture of 50% awesome, 25% edge, and 25% grim, with the very often extra dose of stupidity

Humanity colonized a very big chunk of the galaxy and were on their way to becoming the absolute ruling race until Horus fucked everything up in the 30th millenium.
Also, a ton of planets breed like Nigeria on aphrodisiacs

Human fertility rate is as biggest possible because 99% of humans are illiterate farmers that live in a religious society.

Also there is over 1 million human worlds some of them with over 1 trillion people so no matter how much humans those aliens kill it will make no difference.

Yes.

HELSREACH - Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg

Most just Breed really fast and conserve every resources but some planets that are plagued by extremely inhospitable living conditions and/or suffer from extreme-self destructive and suicidal tendencies coughcoughKriegcoughcough get to use Cloning technology and artificial wombs to help bolster their populations.

>how exactly are their so many humans and shit considering everything wants to murder them?
Because everyone is fighting everyone, aliens are fighting other aliens just as much they fight humans.Is not humans vs everyone is everyone by itself

Only if we get cute Battle Sisters

>tfw no lolis of battle sol anime

>google 40k
>primarchs are back
>spehss marines now have common hover tanks
What the fuck has happened since 2006?

Only if it's a deff skwadron cartoon

they are an army of 10k year old super humans further augmented by being the patrons to a reality warping plague god. the axe is fine.

Literally nothing until early this year

Chaos found a way to open a new eye of terror in the middle of the empire,the golden throne apparently stopped working and the empire is fucked.
The Eldar then cured Roboute Guilliman from his coma because even though they hate humans chaos taking over seems far worse, he then saw how everything was fucked, cried like a little girl for a couple of days and took control of the empire again because the high lords of terra are too fucking stupid to do their jobs
Also some mad scienist created super space marine on steroids called "primaris space marines" to help mankind.

Yes, but only as a 17+ cartoon (minimum), as well as being made by the likes of HBO.

Simple. Back in the past before the Age of Strife, humanity managed to create their first interstellar civilization. They advanced really fast and hard along with additionally having high birth rates. They still however couldn't do jack with the likes of Eldar (who were at this point all but a shadow, but a force of utter rape...until the whole Fall thing that is).

When hymanity made contact with aliens, they quickly realized that 9/10 of them were complete assholes that killed, enslaved or ate them (if not any combination of the three in any order). Despite this, they managed to carve themselves a place in the galaxy...until the Age of Strife and the Iron Men that were part of the former. Nobody has much info on it, but it was one hell of a cosmic clusterfuck that shattered humanity into fragments of its former glory. Some planets were even hit so hard that they regressed in societal and technological levels.

After this you know what happened later when a certain Master of Mankind emerged.

I'm still mad that 8th ED and the Horus Heresy turned Emps from a jerk with a heart of gold into a utter arse. Older editions had him even shed tears for every soldier that died for him (tiny ones, but tears no less) that the Custodes collected into vials.

Chadmarines happened

The Milky way has 100 billion stars. if .1% has planets that can be terraformed/are habitable, and humanity controls even 1% of them (which the IoM controls a shit-load than that), that's millions of worlds, each with billions to trillions of people, assuming only one habitable world per star. The IoM controls an easy 60-70% of the galaxy. That's tens of millions of worlds.

If Only Games Workshop could be bothered to remember that.
>Tfw no “Necrons vs Eldar round 2: Electric Boogaloo” event

The Imperium's main method of problem solving has always been "keep throwing bodies at it until it goes away". The Imperial Guard are nothing more than cannon fodder who use overwhelming numbers to combat their foes. Thing is, most races in the galaxy do the same thing, namely the Orks and Tyranids, the latter of which quite literally eat entire planets with numbers that range from billions to "holy shit that nebula is nothing but razor armed murder bugs" kind of numbers.

Don’t forget the part where Armless the harmless went down to Cadia, got his ass beat by a cigar-chomping midget and a depowered Living Saint who at that point is just a regular woman, had to teleport away after one stab wound like a little Pussy, and lost one of his Super-OP-pls-nerf Death Star McGuffins trying to blow the Planet up like a salty little bitch. and also the Part were Trazyn saves Creed and adds him to his Pokémon Collection.

Just remember, Black Library is as Canon as Fanfiction, and can just as easily be retconned when a new generation of writers takes over.

A series structured like Warhammer Monthly would be great. A short story time

You mean like the part where the emperor is the reincarnation of all psykers of his time?

>the golden throne has stopped working

shit mayne, that's a pretty big development.

Luckily, it was the thing holding the webway gate thing open, rather than keeping the Emperor alive.

I was Lore so referring to the Part where Abbadons sooper speshal Daemon sword is a super powerful because his backstory is a Knockoff of Cain and Able, despite that contradicting one of the oldest and most Basic rules of the Warp, which is that things gain power based on Belief and the value and thoughts attributed to them and not based on any inherent significance in objects or events, while also not realizing that Cain and Able only works when it is the story of THE first murder, and not of an arbitrary Milestone of a Universe that has been Killing each other for Millenia.

God Fuck Drach’nyen, Fuck Master of Mankind, and Fuck ADB.

I think it would be a cool gimmick if the character designs were made to look like the minis' and their respective, often cartoony, proportions.

Misnomer, it's still working, they just figured out it's on it's last legs. The moment it stops Terra is beyond fucked, since it's keeping the Emperor just shy of death. Once he goes, a Warp storm that makes the Eye of Terror look like a puddle will swallow Earth whole.

However many theorize by finally dying, the Big E will become a new Warp god.
Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen.

Didn't it blink out for about an hour?
Or was that an old thing?

nice, there's the 40k I know and love

Rumor mill says GW is shopping some IP around the streaming services. Most likely pic related, I always thought Genndy would go a good job.

I actually like the idea the Emperor was "made" rather than he just fucking appeared out of nowhere one day. Also, do they still play with the idea he was actually Jesus, Buddha and the like throughout history? The idea he finally had it with mankind's fuckery that he just decided to declare himself and lead us directly was always appealing to me

If you want something in 40K it should be one of three things: Utterly absurd, incredibly dark, or really fucking metal. Bonus points for all three.

Pic related

Isn’t Fantasy Dead though?

Fuck dude, watch Legends of the Galactic Heroes, the thing is 100+ episode of Alexander the Great in space.

I don't know about Buddha and Jesus, but he was definitely St. George.

on Tabletop. With Total War: Warhammer's success, it's likely that GW will keep allowing people to do things with the IP.

Never liked the man or his writing style. But the sjw bombs he drops as of late are cringy as fuck. Plus dude seems to have something against white people. He puts every smallest majority in his books, but all the white people are weak assholes. Also magical wimen for space marines

But the Orks love a good fight. Seeing that many men standing in defense should have motivated them to assault, not pause and reconsider.

>we may get a Gotrek animated series in our lifetime

fucking YES

I dont believe so. Like I said, the Throne keeps the Emperor in a perpetual state of near death. Like, seconds away from death. All the time.

If the Throne gave out for even a moment the Imperium would instantly collapse. Worlds would be cut off from each other, starships would be stranded where they lie, and a good third of the galaxy itself would become a new warp storm

My headcannon is that all the "Jesus, Buddha and Mohammed" stuff is just propaganda to discredit religion because Empy is king of the Fedorafags.
The truth is the Emperor is the result of a joint Human/Eldar lab experiment from the tail end of the Dark Age of Technology.

>could work
>he doesn't watch emperor:tts

thing is he was alive even before the golden age of technology.

>Tfw Doomrider’s cocaine fueled spree of Murder and Debauchery was finally ended when Pic related ripped off his still living head and took it back to Chogoris to cross his name off of the White Scar’s shit list
Kor’sarro Best Boy.

I swear to god, maybe it wasn't the throne, but just the Astronomicon?

But from what i understand most alien races were actually peaceful. Why did the emperor destroy them just because he hated xenos. What fueled his specism?

They are pitching it as live action was the last rumbling, animation would be better though.
>Gotreks debut episode is a Samurai Jack style silent affair where the Slayer tracks and kills a troll and then gets mad that he failed to die in combat.
Or so he claims.

How does one get into warhammer 40k without playing the game. What books should i read?

Drugged up Clone Breeding and Gene Seeding.

Eisenhorn trilogy + the rules book (codex) for the evil space men that look the coolest to you

emperors core of cores and job of jobs, why he was created is to combat chaos. chaos gods were created, by sentinent races emotions affecting the warp. So the best way to calm the warp is to kill of most sentinent races in the galaxy, then use stronger psykers races to close to eye, with them burning themselfs out durning the process. And you end up with a calm warp. After that emps would probably have to Hero, as he is a psychic entity himself. What could be left alive are races that do not affect the warp. Tau, nercons, plant/crystal based xenos etc.

'cos dey are da kowardly blood axes wit' pansy ideas like tactics an' strategy.

Only if it's about polite Custodes and tsundere Sister of Silence adventuring togetehr in this new dark imperium.

there are stories about him seeing the sacking of Baghdad and Konstantiople. And he was birthed by mass sacrifice of paleolitic shamans. so he kind of a was.

We literally only have his word for it. Historical records were fucked during to Age of Strife.

Geedubs opened their legs and stopped acting like dicks, they now have THIS WEBSITE
>regimental-standard.com/
AoS is a Good Game, though some old world fags will keep bitching about it

now we have a plethora of 40k games, novels and EVEN A COMIC MADE BY TITAN
>someone at Sup Forums needs to make a storytime someday

AND there are some pretty heavy rumors that GW is making deals with toy companies and even more to sell 40k related austistic geekery and even toys around the world, even Brazil is receiving 40k love

That's a glorified fan recap, albeit a clever and extremely funny one. OP is talking about a strait up no irony adaptation

Brother Welcome to Our Ranks.

What did you just call me!!!!

FUCK THIS WAS A BAD IDEA

OH THE LIVING SAINT IS SAILOR MOON INCARNATE
though she gets weaker at every reincarnation, and Kharn asshanded her with his Marysueness, what a guy he is!

That game is an utter success. Pity however that they killed the tabletop before it was released (and killed it off with a lot of absurd things, with the Elven parts being the most skub-inducing ever).

On the other hand CA can do a lot of fun things with the game thanks to its success and GW giving them the green light with more control over the IP. I mean, CA made Beastmen fun again and gave Bretonnia some serious love. Not to mention making Norsca into an awesome faction.

>That cover
Heh. That Dark Angel has some true balls of steel to look eye-to-eye with a Harlequin Solitaire.

And no, AoS would've been fun if they didn't try to make it fantasy 40K with fantasy not!Space Marines.

>AoS is a Good Game, though some old world fags will keep bitching about it
Good game
Shit setting
Bad Models

Probably the Astronomicon. The Emperor/a thousand pyskers a day acts as its psykic fuel source, though it's beacon can be "blocked" if something big enough comes through the Warp. Normally this is caused by Chaos fucking with something or a Tyranid fleet approaching, since their net influence casts a "shadow" on the Warp wherever they go

as a regular of 40kg i can confirm. you guys should visit sometime and meet carnac, or laughing cheetah guy. we also have a guy who makes snake girls for his imperial guard models. it gets nuts there sometimes

Hey its the end of the Ultramarine game.

Though that's more

I'm gonna be run out on a rail because I fought chaos unblemished like a true Space Marne

You can impregnate yourself with my seed

The Emperor being a impassioned fuck makes sense when you consider he's had to spend 10 millenia stewing on how his favorite son betrayed him and his empire becoming exactly what he tried to prevent, and of all the Primarchs to return it was Guilliman who tried to secede from the Imperium

To be fair, AoS did manage to make their Sigmarines almost likeable, when they are characterized. Was the design/naming the best choices? No, but the concept is pretty good.

It's a general. Of course its cancerous like that

>Replacing the Dwarves previous Industrial looking style with an overdesigned Steampunk Aesthetic

The first six or seven Horus Heresy books are a good jumping on point, though pick and choose after those since the story gets a bit murky.

Also any of the Ciaphas CainHERO OF THE IMPERIUM books are just plain nuts that constantly pokes fun at the utter insanity of the setting. If you're just looking for some funny side stories that doesnt have galaxy spanning consequences, start there

Hell the fuck no

>youtu.be/XRuWCgyDBQo?t=454

There's also the Slayers equivalent, who went full Mohawks&Axes.

what do you mean, i used to frequent wowg when i played world of warcraft and....oh wait, nevermind i see

Corinthian Helmets have never looked worse

slayers have always been naked with mohawks and axes, user
t. dwarf player from WFB. and yes im still mad at aos

I think a better explanation would be that his mind is deteriorating just like his body, kinda like senility, also the fact how mankind is doomed to extinction in the not so far future.

Would it be better from multiple perspectives, like say a Farseer, a Warboss, a Captain and an Inquisitor/Comissar, or would it be better as a single radical Rogue Trader crew with a few humies, an Ork and a DEldar?

>Implying AGP wouldn’t work better as an anime :^)

>No, but the concept is pretty good.

If they made them a GOOD COUNTERPART TO WARRIORS OF CHAOS, then OK.

But the naming conventions, the over-the-top looks that wouldn't be out of place in World of WarCraft and the idiotic masks (not to mention every host of them seem like a parallel to 40K Space Marine Chapters with Hammers of Sigmar being totally not!Ultramarines) ruins them for me.

Thematically they are nice, but everything else makes them look stupid. I want my normal dudes killing Greater Daemons with cannons instead of a game that is like a horrid mix of Norse Myths and He-Man.

The different space marine Chapters and back in the day different legions would have planet/s dedicated to producing recruits. These were usually the legion primearchs home planets. Many worlds are also "hive" planets where there are no lack of people ever. So basically millions of planets constantly producing billions/trillions of humans for the Emprahs meat grinder.

oh user

>youtube.com/watch?v=VaLsg3M7jOs

Also the mighty corpse-god Emprah requires hundreds of thousands of human "sacrifices" a day in order to sustain his mostly dead body. This practice ensures that the Empire seeks to produce human cannon fodder on the daily.

youtube.com/watch?v=stZV5SxzLf4

Best damn Commissar without question.

>even Brazil is receiving 40k love
Calling bullshit my boy, i haven't seen a single fucking model in my life and i love this damn thing

At my LGS, Warhammer fans are bullied to shit. Makes me feel bad, but that's what they deserve.

Yes, all factions (except maybe the nids) have enough character to carry a series/story on their own.

Or maybe just adapt the comics/books into animated series, like deff skwadron or the redeemer.

Maybe make the series go/switch between factions every now and then rather than focus on only one?

Geedubs is planing to bring 40k by doing the toy strat, it will take a while due to taxatives shit, the autistic leftist censorship there, and finding a proper toy company on the huehuelands who they can count on it

Only if they get the gothic aestethic that the game had in earlier editions and not the more recent edition one (like the one OP posted).

Then again there's a wacky webcomic with somewhat tumblr aestethics about 40K as well so who I am to judge