Fuck! You shitlords need to buy Legacy! Fuck!

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83343353/#83343353
desuarchive.org/co/thread/83567618/#83567618
desuarchive.org/co/thread/83768796/#83768796
desuarchive.org/co/thread/83954240/#83954240
comixology.com/comics-best-sellers?bestsellerList_pg=5&cu=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>killing off Best Boy
Nah, I'm good.

How is mister miracle selling so well?No one is talking about New Gods at all.

Marvel will die for Darkseid

It's written by the writer of Batman.

everyone thinks it's the newcoming of jesus and I have no idea why

Tom King is the flavor of the month in comics now (month in a figurative sense, it's gonna be longer than that)

What? Everyone is saying it's the best ongoing right now and every storytime hits bump limit.

Great reception and word of mouth. It's completely bucking the trend of most every comic and actually increasing in sales as issues go on. #2 sold more than #1 and #3 sold more than #2.

8/10? Nice.

People liked Vision and Omega Men very much, so they wanted more King goodness.

Marvel Legacy #1 is on page 5 of the bestsellers listings, although that's partly because people are buying a lot of the sale-stuff.

word of mouth is still a thing

Wasn't DC's Rebirth in the Top 10 for weeks?

>DC event
>Batman
>Superman
>Tom King
>Injustice 2
>Flash
>some Image crap
>WW
>Spider-Man
>GL

Our boy Zack has been shilling it

I bought into it from issue 1 thinking it would be a good introduction to the character. It was not. Is there a suggested reading material for this character somewhere or do I need a full dossier on all of the new gods to go along with it?

>Sup Forums
>buying comics

launch week DCU Rebirth was at the top:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83343353/#83343353

Second week it was at #7:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83567618/#83567618

Third week it was #10:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83768796/#83768796

Fourth week it was #21:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83954240/#83954240

>Is there a suggested reading material for this character somewhere
Start with Kirby's run, then go with the Moench run, as well as his appearances in JLI. Seven Soldiers too.

The run can easily be read as a stand alone but it's very complex. If you wanna read up on Miracle Man so you can spot what is wrong and how the anti life is clearly messing with Scott read Mr. Miracle by Jack Kirby. It's just little things though. Just know basically everyone is OOC but it's intentional. Scott is normally jolly and upbeat. Barda is never shown to be super girly or insecure ie that scene of her tanning or saying she thinks she is too tall. Orion has no interest at all in ruling the New Gods and wants to be in the action, in this he is nowhere near the action and overseeing everything, etc etc.

it's better if you are well versed in the new gods lore. For example, the hosted voiceovers are a callback from the old mr. miracle books that juxtaposes the lighthearted kirby books with darker more violent imagery, and having been an old time reader it was great.

Fuck you. You don't even deserve to have Amazing Spider-Man that high.

granny goodness is also OOC, this shit implies that she cares quite a lot about scott and wants him to rule the gods

No! You can't make me!

launch week Marvel Legacy was #3 at first but then managed to climb to #2:

Second week it was at #12 at first then dropped down to #37:

Currently it's at #101 for this week.

comixology.com/comics-best-sellers?bestsellerList_pg=5&cu=0

>shitting on Best Boy Kevin Connor

You deserve what you get, and then some more.

>Launch week Rebirth at #1
>Second week Rebirth at #7
>Third week Rebirth at #10
>Fourth week Rebirth at #21
That's so fucking insane.

Its not really. Instead of focusing on gimmicks DC spent the last 3 years locking in every writer worth a damn and it's paid off.

Thanks guys.

To keep things in perspective about this, Legacy managed to slowly climb up and outrank Batman The Murder Machine days later in the week of launch but couldn't beat Saga, and this week Murder Machine is at #57 while Marvel Legacy is #101.

not gonna lie, the news of DC acquiring rucka, priest and king (coming off of vision) was what got me interested in rebirth. then I heard the news that they signed clay mann and I was sold.

X-Men Blue is at #11. That SHOULD overtake Hal & Pals by the end of the week on Tuesday. But it'd be crazy if it didn't.

Has Rucka actually done anything good though.

I'm not going to count his WW retcon wank because DC gave Earth One to Morrison

no man's land, punisher warzone and gotham central on the top of my head were my favorites of his

Poor Ike, X men is now the only saving grace of marvel. Just like old times

Wonder Woman the Hiketeia

You're deluded if you think his recommendation gives more than +200 units across all forms of distribution. His fanbase is like 95% nonreaders.

His 5 issues of lil Cyclops solo were pretty solid, too bad he left

Top 12 as of today

Metal is stupid and silly and fun and comic books. It’s getting meta with music and themes, and I can honestly see it building to Batman ‘66 saving the day. Give me more of that.

Marvel panders to Tumblr with their legacies and to urban youth with hip hop covers. I’m totally fine with DC pandering to folks who like heavy metal aesthetics.

Hal & Pals was above ASM a few hours ago, so think about that.

>TASM in the best seller list of fucking DIGITAL

i dun get it, I thought the market for this was only for the completionists

Slott reads this board and contacts people to redeem their digital codes?

Slott makes enough money to buy tens of thousands of his own comics every month, which leads to him making even more money.

>launch week Marvel Legacy was #3 at first but then managed to climb to #2:
>Second week it was at #12 at first then dropped down to #37:
>Currently it's at #101 for this week.
The noise it made was heard in the antipodes.

He's the next Gaiman. The man is a word smith.

That and he does a really good job of setting the mood emotionally. When Vision's wife would start spazzing out and we just watched her break slowly issue after issue it was heartbreaking.

>The man is a word smith.
He knows how to make word repetition so relevant in the books.

Spiderman is Spiderman, as simple as that, just like X men is always X men, and the X office hasn't even brought the big guns, same as spidey with the spider marriage, or slott said it's never ever ever ever eeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeer gonna come back?

I finally got around to reading the Vision yesterday and I have to admit, that final issue just destroyed me.

It really is a testament to Spidey that even though he's been shit for a decade he still sells so well.

>He's the next Gaiman.
He fucking wishes

What was so special about ASM this week?

Injustice is doing better than legacy. What a time to be alive

first legacy issue i think, there's lenticular shit and it's the start of new arc

Battered wives, just like X fans
Injustice costs 25% of legacy.... but it's weekly and requires no paper or distribution or diamond so it's a WIN for DC

>waste 5 pages on song lyrics
>repeat words over and over
>waste even more pages on ill-fitting literature quotes instead of displaying the themes through storytelling

nope

Marvel will return to the second firmament, join the Omega Force and then they will die for Darkseid.

Simple. Sup Forums doesn't talk about good things.

Legacy was so fucking worthless. Plus faith in Marvel hiring good writers is so low that I'm not sprites no one jumped on there books.

Guess that's why all the Mister Miracle threads reach bump limit with anons talking about how underwhelming it is.

Whoops, meant in Rebirth. I know his old stuff is good, but he seems like wasted talent right now.

none, his wonder woman run was meandering, that's all that he wrote in rebirth i think

All those storytimes of hate have helped.

yfw the characters you like are c-listers that got phased out by legacy books and they will not take the fall for sinking Marvel

As a story it's interesting.

As a New Gods story its godawful.

This can’t be real. Everyone hates DCEU

People may like the MCU more but those people look at the comics and see they're nothing like the movies so they don't buy them.

This is comics you redditor, back to Sup Forums

>it's another Marvel is failing circle jerk thread

MY WILL IS DARKSEID!

he's the next Bendis

You say that like its a bad thing.

>he's the next Bendis
he's the current Nick Spencer

Marvel is finished