Why is Damian Wayne so fucking unlikable? Something primordial inside of me makes me drop any comic he's in...

Why is Damian Wayne so fucking unlikable? Something primordial inside of me makes me drop any comic he's in. He feels like a fan fiction OC.

Edgy tryhard.

he's just young batman , you assholes always ok with Bruce doing the same shit

jason todd minus interesting conflict

like father , like son

he's nothing like jason todd

Batman's parents were murdered in front of him, and trained himself to get to the pinnacle,

Damian is a Mary Sue who got Batman level fighting powers by age 10

batman is the king of mary sue

So they have been both traumatized by their childhood on top of a similar personalities?

>similar personalities
When Damian first shows up he has to be told not to kill people and why its bad,

yes he is, and his son is the crown prince of "nothing bad can happen to me!" hell he died, then came back with fucking super powers

He reminds you of the kids that used to pick on you and were smarter than you.

so did Green Arrow, so did Jason Todd

Damian is the second most popular Robin.

And Marvel Civil War was a top seller.
Because the masses are brainlets

Morrison's arc was for him to start an absolute cunt and develop into an actual hero. For some reason writers keep forgetting the 'develop' part and go back to square one.

he's had development since his first appearance, right now he's just written as kid batman , and i wouldn't say nothing bad ever happens to him since he went to hell and no one really respects him

Can someone explain to me why he didn't stay with her mom ???

that happens to alot of characters

he's mom is a cunt

Because her mother is a whore who fucked his adopted brother.

That's why capeshit is absolute worst.

They don't know what else to do with him other than rage against Batman like in Injustice or go through his development all over again.

wait- What? The hell is wrong with comic writers.

A teenager Jason Todd lost his virginity with Talia Al Ghul.

Didn't you know that?

He makes edgy teens who love Batman realize how annoying they are to everyone else

That's Superman.

I hate the batfamily.

Because he is the Baby. He came in and supplanted all these wonderful characters who were built up for years. By right of birth, his older adopted siblings are suddenly less then he is. He is meant to be annoying in that regard, and whoever made him up needs to be retroactively shot.

Damian has been around for 11 years by now. He is not the baby anymore.

Morrisson made him in his acclaimed run.

Don't out yourself as a casual.

Who didn't talia fuck, she canonically fucked Bane too apparently he really is a big guy

But that not a personality trait, that's what indoctrination.

As for Damian and Bruce, they share major personality traits: both are over-dramatic, stubborn, dominant personalities who are not expressive with their feelings, but feel very deeply nonetheless.They place great importance on family, (e.g., Bruce has a compulsory of adopting children which is mirrored by Damian's tendency to hord pets) and show affection and express their anger by actions, not words (e.g. Damian looking for Martha's pearl as well as prefering to punch people on the face).

And lastly in picture is how Alfred describes (by Morrison's words) him to Dick.

Anyone got the page. this is giving me a stiffie.

Cuz he pretty much IS a shitty fanfic OC.

If he is unlikable why is he still here?

Because he is. That is the whole point of how he was introduced. Editorial is populated with idiots and failed to grasp that he wasn't intended to stick around and certainly not to remain the way he was.

>Damian, a child, shouldn't be liked because he is immature.
>Namor, a fucking 80 years old man, is immature but should be liked.
The STATE of Sup Forums.

How's it going Namorfag?

Jason fucking Talia was gross and weird. Him fucking Starfire was the same.

>Why is Damian Wayne so fucking unlikable?
Because he replaces Terry McGinnis

Except Batman destroys any chance at anyone loving him because he is a flawed and tragic human being that refuses to move past his trauma. There is no Bruce Wayne, there is only Batman, Bruce Wayne is arguably dead, only a mask worn to fool people into thinking he's a normal human being.

Batman is literally the most anti-mary sue there is. Superman is universally loved by everyone, and can do no wrong.

Spoken like a true Batfag that has never read a Superman comic.

christ i know right

>superman is universally loved by everyone

Everyone in his rogue's gallery fucking hates him from good reasons. From Zod to Lex to Brainiac

>someone who hates Damian only knows about him from the movies
Color me surprised.

He is a freaking teenager now.

You mean the most hated Robin.

>Superman is universally loved by everyone

Do people just forget that Lex Luthor's defining character trait is how much he hates Superman or something?

B-but the bad guys hates him!

Nope, I mean the second most popular Robin. Behind Dick.

He alone is more popular than all characters of the Young Avengers.

Implying he is better in comics. He is actually a bigger Mary Sue than in the movies.

Livewire hated him before she even was a bad guy.

Of course, user. He totally and completely is. It's ok.

>Saying this
>When Batman writers go out of their way to show how everyone, especially women, can't help but fall in love with Batman, even shitting on the previous canon to do so.

Because this totally doesn't happen with Superman.

Which writer shat on canon just to make, let's say, Talia al Ghul or Barbara Gordon fall in love with Clark Kent?

>Batman is literally the most anti-mary sue there is.

"So, there’s this girl. She’s tragically orphaned and richer than anyone on the planet. Every guy she meets falls in love with her, but in between torrid romances she rejects them all because she dedicated to what is Pure and Good. She has genius level intellect, Olympic-athelete level athletic ability and incredible good looks. She is consumed by terrible angst, but this only makes guys want her more. She has no superhuman abilities, yet she is more competent than her superhuman friends and defeats superhumans with ease. She has unshakably loyal friends and allies, despite the fact she treats them pretty badly. They fear and respect her, and defer to her orders. Everyone is obsessed with her, even her enemies are attracted to her. She can plan ahead for anything and she’s generally right with any conclusion she makes. People who defy her are inevitably wrong.

God, what a Mary Sue.

user, if you want to believe that Kate Bishop and America Chavez are more popular than Damian, I can't help you.

I'm just saying that sales tell another story.

How many women have been portrayed as having interest in Superman or Clark? Lois, Lana, Maxima, and Diana are all I can think of. Pretty sure Brucie has him beat by a fair margin, even if we don't count the playboy rich idiot with no day job cover he has going.

Amazing Grace
Ice
Loris Lemaris
La Encantadora
Power Girl
Cat Grant

But I agree that it pales compared to Bruce's. And if the writer is enough of a hack (like Bruce Timm or the guy that was writing New 52 Batman/Superman) they will turn Lois Lane into a Bruce love interest.

And Lashina.

Isn't powergirl his cousin

It was during that weird era when they were trying to push the idea that Supergirl/Power Girl weren't Kryptonian for some reason.

>Damian is just mini-Bruce meme
Outside of surface similarities they're nothing alike. It's like Damian-fags go to argument "b-but it's okay when Bruce does it!"

>they will turn Lois Lane into a Bruce love interest.

Why exactly did you quote me?

>>they will turn Lois Lane into a Bruce love interest.

This is true though. They hooked up in the DCAU during a crossover.

>Damian is just mini-Bruce meme
Outside of surface similarities they're nothing alike. It's like Damian-fags go to argument "b-but it's okay when Bruce does it!"

>they will turn Lois Lane into a Bruce love interest.
They did the same for Superman and Catwoman.

Being a flirty tease is kind of part of Selina's character.

Well, what's isn't right in my analysis here then?

he sucks. hes a fan character DC made official. awful, they should kill him off

Being flirty with every handsome hunk is in Selina's character (see Slam Bradley).

Falling in love for playboys she barely knows is OoC for Lois (her boyfriend before Clark, Jose Delgado, was the complete antithesis of Bruce Wayne).

personality-wise they're similar, but outside of that there's a fuckton of differences.

Texas Sharpshooter fallacy

It's this. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. Damian is Chad Robin.

like?

Insecure manlets are never Chads

>manlet
>a child
???

>children
>manlet

please leave

Some people just don't like little brats it seems.

I do wonder if people who hate him would like him as girl though.

10 year old Superboy is taller than 13 year old Damian. He's a manlet

I would.

Damian should have stayed dead like Morrison intended

>Damian was a rape baby pre-retcon while Bruce wasn't
>Bruce had a relatively normal childhood until his parent's death
>Damian had all his bullshit ninja training when he was barely old enough to walk
>Bruce had all sorts of training a variety of masters while Damian's was more limited to the League of Shadows
>Damian purposely killed people
>Damian keeps a lot more pets
>Damian has Asian ancestry
>Damian is an edgy shit
And so on

>whoever made him up needs to be retroactively shot
How casual are you?

Plenty of people would because cute loli, but if Damian was a girl, he'd be no better than every other pre-teenage girl's bad fanfic donut steel. She'd be a self-insert, secret daughter of Batman who is also the grand-daughter of Ra's and a super special ninja assassin with a katana and an affinity for animals.

I agree.

>Talia Al Ghul
>Asian
???????????????

Shitty dads have shitty kids
At least it's true to life in that way

I'm probably the only one who remembers and prefers Ibn al Xu'ffasch as Bruce's son with Talia. Ibn is WAY better than Damian in every possible way.

pros:
-cheeky brat
-speak like a b-grade super villain
-try hard for his dad's approval
-not a goody two shoes
-(pre-crisis aside) Batman is forced to be a father to his robin since he is his son by cold-hard-genetic facts

cons:
-product of eugenism played straight
-so he can come out as way more competent than he sometime should
-katana is his weapon signature
-quirky shit with bat-animals
-that red demon dog he mount like a horse
-his revival story
-batman's son via obscure shenanigans

I'd say Damian is a product of its time just like any other Robin. Hence why he feels like a weaboo's fanfiction at his worst.

Ra's is some sort of Middle Eastern, and a lot of censuses throw them under Asian.
Also makes all the horrible shit in Europe a bit harder to spot unless you're already aware.

He's a right little cunt, but you grow to love him for it.
Since he can't be at Dick's side as often, Jon is the perfect foil for him.

Brats are great, especially when they balance or challenge an adult character. Damian is written to come off as way too special to be really interesting, however.

Him being a girl wouldn't change that. If anything, people would be even more extreme about her because anything female is more polarizing like that.

>being forced to kill people and being forced constantly into dangerous situations by your mother and grandfather who show no love towards you and treat you like a machine isn't traumatic

I'd argue that's worse. Bruce at least had Alfred, memories of loving parents and memories of a normal childhood (despite being rich as fuck but you know what I mean) and an assload of money. Damian only started to get that at 10 and even now his life is still fucked up. He has never had any semblance of a normal life, it's always been fighting and disaster.

>Superman is universally loved by everyone and Batman isn't

Sorry but...have you actually left your house since 1980?

Everyone on here says he'd be cute and funny if he were a girl and all that other nonsense but he'd have Mabel levels of hatred towards him in reality. People already hate him enough as is, if you added the quality of 'cute girl who can do no wrong' to the mix of his pre-existing qualities like his arrogance, high intelligence and Gary Stu-ness (I don't think he is a Gary Stu personally, but a lot of people do) the REEEEEEEEEEE'ing would never end. He'd literally be angsty arrogant Mabel. He even has the same extreme love of animals.

Yeah, Jason actually had a reason to be a perpetually angry kid.

The fact that there's still no art of Jason yelling "I fucked your mom!" At Damien is a goddamn travesty

Isn't like Lex richer than Wayne?

>Pure and Good
If he was so pure and good, he would be inspiring people to be better than they are, instead of giving the criminal element head/body trauma.

>Genius level intellect
Batman never really demonstrated that, only his strategic mindset
That is more of Terrific/Superman/Luther's shtick

>incredible good looks
His body is full of scars and everyone knows he is a virgin social wastrel recluse

>unshakably loyal friends and allies
Clark, Diana, Zatanna, Selina, Batfamily, Lucius Fox, Gordon and that is about it. And for a long time, pre-52 Batman was a solo act and treated everyone else as colleagues (But not equals).

And when you are the only unpowered individual in a team full of supers who can easily kill you in less than a heartbeat, you tend to be extremely extremely paranoid esp. when mind control is so rampant.

>more competent than her superhuman friends
Considering how easy Diana/Clark cleaned up Gotham, no, Batman is hardly more
competent, seeing as even he goes down to street-level thugs once in a while.

>defeats superhumans with ease
Given how easily he goes down due to speedblitz/surprise/being outmatched/overpowered and how dependent he is on his gadgets, no.

>plan ahead for anything
And yet he commonly loses due to miscalculations, underestimation and failing to take other factors to account or getting swarmed/exhausted

>Everyone is obsessed with her, even her enemies are attracted to her.
Well, I will give you that. That is more of a plot device to explain why nobody ever aims for the exposed area around Batman's mouth.

Damien has two speeds

>edgy tryhard
>Morrison's Batman and Robin with Dickbats where he's still an edgy tryhard but it's all about him learning how to be a real Robin

those are your choices

This is what happens when you are a kid and get told you are Batman's son. Normally wouldn't be a problem but he is backed by his League of Shadows training reinforcing the idea

100 post Jasonfag.

Best Robin

Dick 149

Damian 82

Tim 79

Jason 49

Steph 32

Duke 8

Jasonfag but next time just don't bother posting fake Threads.
AndJason is actually the edgelord who people really wanted him to never existed.

>Can we all agree Damian is the best Robin?
Jason and Tim is shit anyway and shouldn't exist.

Jasonfag ruins even his own threads