What do you think about millennials streaming video games and vlogging to make a living?

what do you think about millennials streaming video games and vlogging to make a living?

Pretty gay but whatever, they'll end up in their 40's with no skills or job experience and wonder where it all went wrong.

Fuck vlogging and fuck white people.

Most of them ya. Some of them are pulling in big numbers. Thousands a day. If they don't fuck up they'll be cruising

Wish I had the personality for it.

sheever is fine, but leave soe alone ;-;

A lot of them gain skills in lighting, editing, entertaining, etc. They set themselves up fine if they're smart. Though the video game streaming less so.

If you can make money doing it, more power to you. I can't even imagine why someone would waste their time watching that bullshit though.

it shocks me everyday people get paid to play videogames and stream it online. who the fuck watches that?

Honestly good for you if you can do it. I'm jealous of rich fags like Pewdiepie

Nothing particularly against those who take advantage of the opportunity. It's the people who watch and send money to these people and allow it to be a source of income that worry me.

People who just watch on youtube don't give them money. People who click on the ads that play for their videos do.

I applaud anyone who makes money doing what they love.
My favorite part is when people who work shit jobs and are frustrated lash out about it.
>"waaah why aren't you miserable like me??? get a job bozos!!!!"

nice work if you can get it

Taking advantage of a market and filling demand. Nothing wrong with some old-fashioned capitalism, grandpa.

well considering this is dota and its the most red pilled game out there its not to bad, and gaben is a trump voter

1. start HRT
2. cut off your dick
3. get pity money for the foreseeable future

the fuck is with the dota threads on Sup Forums lately

They think it will last, the money will dry up and they will be fucked.

They are like beautiful awkward girls that you can just take for a ride. Good times.....

Doesn't really bug me, in fact i like to put on lets plays when i go to sleep or sometimes watch people do blind plays of old games like deus ex.

The problem is that it all went wrong after Waterloo when bankers used debt to seize control of western governments.

Id theres a market for it then fuck it

millenial's brains are more developed which is why they play esports rather than brutish physical sports

Could be worse, they could be tumblrtards and SJWs.

>They set themselves up fine if they're smart.
This is how I feel about the whole thing in general.

we need more camwhores

Doesn't bother me, they aren't getting their money from me.

I say good for them learning to make an easy living with modern media.

why do you hate successful people?

post Sheever feet

Whatever. No different than TV stars. On screen entertainment=on screen entertainment

>paid to play

you mad bro?

Kind of envious. But it would take pretty rare qualities to get people to like you enough to want to look at your face and listen to you for a long time. So fair play.

I'm just surprised people actually want to watch it enough for them to be able to make big bucks.

>beautiful
>girls

nigga u gay.

Their audiences deserve to be bled dry and starve to death. Camwhores themselves are just your standard lazy narcissist.

If Kripp isn't literally fucking retarded with his money he should do fine. The dude earns multiple million dollars a year a year. If you earn $50'000 a year then it would take you fucking 20 years to earn what Kripp makes in 1. If he keeps it up 3-4 years he can retire fucking rich as shit.

i fucking hate that potato nigger and autistic britbong

9/10 that girl watches blacked

>MAGA hat
Fuck Hillary Clinton and all nerd virgins

If it looks good fuck it

I'm an ex-streamer. You're right on the no skills stuff in old age, but I've made enough that I can live comfortably for a while and study a new thing.

I use way too much time reading Sup Forums though.

Fuck man. What a waste of holy 7's

What are you studying? How much longer will you be able to not work?

I look at it as just a decentralized form of television with the profit going to (((YouTube))) but mostly to the streamers so I think it's an ok career but it won't be when they're 30 and the autistic 13 year olds are too old for their shit and they've been replaced by more autistic creators

>see market
>cater to market
>get paid

nothing wrong with it.

Seems pretty degenerate. Hopefully Melania will put a stop to it.

Rip thermostat painting

Lad, please. I was a video game streamer. You think I actually fucking plan?

I just tell myself I can study a new thing as I see my savings slowly dwindle. I have at least a decade to live off them comfortably but... it's still really fucking stupid of me to make these decisions.

Shortform: I'm studying nothing. I just say I'll study something. After playing video games for so long frying my brain, every other job seems mind numbing and boring.

I'm in my 30's so I tell myself it's not too late to start over, but I don't have a university education so I feel pretty fucking fucked. My parents just tell me to become an electrician or some shit. ;p

Most people in the future will be doing money by vlogging, youtube commenting. It is how society works. Make-up vlogs, shopping vlogs. All sorts of stuff.

We are not living in the dark ages are we? Let people do what they want

maximum cucks

Wow what a great post, a small percentage of people will actually succeed even though all the odds are stacked against them. Thanks leaf, thank you so much.

Never thought I'd see a picture of Sheever, Shane, and ODPixel on pol lol

They're entertainers.

No different from actors. Treat them as though they are actors and how that pans out.

Cubicle cucks actually believe this. Lol.

I am extremely jealous of the rich ones like Markiplier and Pewdiepie

surprised he made it this far, what is he like 45?

So you are saying all the popular ones are really just CIA and foreign intelligence assets with government funding?

The truth has been revealed!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Too learn the game, streamers are usually pros, and its entertaining to watch a funny/good person play a game and make comments

I'm currently doing a STEM degree and running a youtube commentary channel in my free time which is the most redpilled thing to do : Money generated in the short term but still having the security of a degree on the long run.

Makes 100% as much sense as people making a living from playing sports.

weak

How much the channel make

I can't believe people actually give them money but whatever.

It's apparently of value to someone cause they're getting paid. Better than being a complete NEET.

For people who like gaming its a major source of entertainment, without donation and ads the streamer can't stream, its like paying a ticket for the movie theater

I refuse to believe this guy is a millionaire. I've seen his videos.

You'll always be a nigger

I'm guessing 90% of them are cute young girls? It's basically just PG camwhoring for ultra-beta vidya faggots

I have no problem with it but why are the people who do it cringe Reddit tier Bernouts?

Almost like you have to not like Millenials

Revenue is marginal for now but I'm confident I'll grow fast as I chose a category that is in high demand and there's no one doing it: basically LeafyIsHere type commentaries but in French.
No French youtubers thought about doing I noticed that people really want a channel like that in french

Eh, I follow a few gaming channels on youtube, mainly because the people are funny / entertaining and play games that I also enjoy (The Forest, Dwarf Fortress, some other random survival / horror or base building or management games).

>t. leaf

I have actually more respect for furry artist on patreon than video game streamer (for a living).
At least, furry artist produce something.

That's how I felt too until I started watching hearthstone streamers. I know it's ultra autistic but it puts me to sleep and gives me a sense of routine.

>Earn lots of money in your 20s
>Develop no job skills, contacts or academic knowledge
>Hurr durr it's ok guys I earned my money in my 20s
>Expecting these twitch retards to know how to successfully invest
>Expecting these twitch retards to know how to diversify their capital
>Implying even if they try they wont blow it all making poor financial decisions because they have never lived in the real world

Flat out poofter shit m8. Get a real job ya fucking liberal wankers.

Never really watch their stuff, but I just found out recently that his gf is an author and is a real cutie!

people who wish others watched them

I find the act itself leaning more towards degenerate than not. However, I'm guilty of "consuming" it, as it gives me a feeling of social connection with someone that I lack in day-to-day life. So given that, I'd say the consumers are just as if not more degenerate.

I hope Boogie dies. He doesn't even try to help himself anymore.

>a bloo bloo bloo, I'm too fat for gastric bypass

Literally /ourguy/

You forgot the part where you get cucked for the whole internet to see.

nice get
I usually watch crap like that when I'm ironing.

>you will never have a qt streamer gf

As long as you're making enough money to live autonomously I don't care what you do. It's NEETs that ruin everything.

>a small percentage of people will actually succeed even though all the odds are stacked against them.

This could encompass every single area of business on the planet depending on how you define "succeed"

nigger. thank YOU, thank YOU so much

You people realize this is simply another branch of the entertainment industry. Right? 1000 years ago you had folks making a living singing, dancing, puppetshows, storytelling, etc.

This shit is not new, just evolved with modern tech.

Hearthstone is easily the best viewing experience of any big game right now

lol

The entertaining ones are entertaining. They might be fucked when they get older, but that's not my problem.

Sure is entertaining to watch someone sit still and blabber endlessly about their dull lives.

Using a mouse and keyboard sure is comparable to playing an instrument.

yea no. all those things you listed required actual skill and talent. also their audience didnt consist of mainly social outcast's, thus was much more respected.

streaming is the equivilent of begging for change on the street but from your computer. you aren't contributing anything. you aren't entertaining to anyone who doesnt have any semblence of a normal social life. streaming is pathetic

Its basically people being entertained by someone buying and playing somebody else's entertainment for entertainment (and money).

I don't really get it. I don't see the appeal and I don't really understand what about it becomes real work.
A lot of the most popular ones that I've occasionally seen basically just put on the corner camera and make dumb sounds and retard voices while they play and shill. It doesn't seem like a whole lot of effort.

what even in the fuck is a qt streamer girl
a bitch sit around on the webcam all day, like a fuckin glorified female neckbeard
what in the fuck nigga

>qt streamer gf
>a good thing

pick one

Who gives a fuck. It has nothing to do with Sup Forums. Take this shit to the paper folding board.

when those skills fucking mattered.. you retarded nigger. when was the last time you paid to see a puppetshow, or paid/supported a blacksmith, you moronic fuck

Lots of people don't want to take the effort to play games, so they watch their favorite "personality" play it. Not that hard to understand.