Bat Family discussion

I am in the mood for a good bat family discussion and talk about our favorite aspects of them and what characters you love.

Please keep this respectful and civil with respecting all views of course, I don't want to see this becoming a generic dick vs jason vs tim, reeee etc.
-----------------------------

Other urls found in this thread:

thebatmanuniverse.net/detective-comics-76/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The batfamily is fucking shit.

This.

Too many characters. They should have taken advantage of the alternate universe shit.

>Please keep this respectful and civil with respecting all views of course
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD ONE

can someone give me names from left to right it seems like theirs one to many robins haven't read comics in a while

Tim/Red Robin
Kate Kane/Batwoman
Damian /Robin
Bruce
Dick
Barbara / Batgirl
Jason Todd/ Red Hood

With recent events from rebirth over the year and how these character such as Jason, Dick, Damian, and Tim are all going into their places and each fits a very distinctive trait of Bruces' ideals I am in love with seeing their possible futures and what character growth of them lead to.

Jason - Looses an eye, possible leg as well, but eventually discards his vengeance Red Hood mantle and becomes a Nick Fury/Advisor like character and charge of a specialized task force for the better.

Tim Drake - His intelligence and talents seem to direct him as a tyrant/dictator and creates a fascist related regime on him thinking what is best on Gotham City and bends his will and the Bat Mantle onto his home and keeps a strict order against crime. Possibility of this was him suffering high trauma on loved ones and the ordeal of "betrayal (bat woman related)

Dick Grayson - Eventually moves on to live his life than being consumed by vengeance and seems to get to live a good happy life? Elseworlds and possible futures point to this and the passing of Batman/Bruce influence definitely cements this destiny,

Damian Wayne - This is the one I find most fascinating. All future hints and related point him to one point becoming a hellish soldier persona of utter vengeance. Hopefully in this one moment he will get out of this ordeal from his friendships with Jon Kent/Super Boy (and co on whoever joins them in the future as they get older) and possible bat members. But man I really want to see this defining moment on whether the league had a big influence on when this comes.

One other thing I personally wish for with this world and "Earth 0" is getting Helena Wayne, the daughter of Bruce and Seilna. With them getting married and events from Kings run including this and them making love, I am hoping the conception of Helena has been made and that she will now become a part of this universe.

The reason why I love this is that this feels like a great part to add to the Bat Family and another biological child of Bruce Wayne and I feel this would really make a great interesting dynamic with Damian Wayne as a brother and other character interactions.

Cass's next arc is in the spring for you Cassfags out there, and it's focusing on her relationship with Bruce.

Keep Bruce, Alfred and Damian as the core.
Dick's off in Bludhaven, Jason travels the world keeping tabs on villains, Tim and Steph got out and are off at college. Barbara is back to being Oracle and spends most of her time with the BoP, Cassandra retired but Bruce adopted her and she lives in the mansion, her and Damian develop a sibling bond.
Duke and Harper die off panel

>Dick's off in Bludhaven
every time

I like that, for the most part, each member of the Bat-family stars in their own book with their own niche right now(for the most part, at least).
Nightwing's got the superhero antics with the relationship drama turned up to 11.
Red Hood is covering the action and, oddly, is the more wholesome of all the books.
Supersons is just plain ole fun.
Batman's got the dark and gritty.
Tec has the large, overarching plots that the into rebirth itself.
The only one that doesn't really stick out is Birds of Prey. It's kinda just Nightwing if Nightwing was a team of girls.

>Cassandra retired
Why?

It's that or he moves to SF and becomes a full time Titan

Bruce is the only batman.
Alfred should always be at his side.
Damian is his Robin.
Dick does his own thing as Nightwing.
Those four should appear, regularly.
Barbara could appear very, very rarely.

The rest are utter trash.

By now they've proven that BoP without Barbara as Oracle just does not work.

Or maybe it just needs a creative team that's not total shit.

Always figured it's what she'd end up doing. Her life was built for nothing but violence, think she'd eventually want to experience more of it than punching people.
Alfred or Babs would encourage her to do normal teenager things like school, part time jobs, friends, etc.

Dick sucks when in Bludhaven and with the Titans

Where the hell is tyrone?

You make it sound like Dick as Nightwing isn't trash.

Dick as Nightwing is better than Dick as Robin, but that's really not saying a lot.

I would love to have a story arc where the whole bat family have been targetted across the world and hunted for something they are framed or destined for, including jutice league characters getting involved in the mix to arrest/protect them, and it's all of them banded together and having to escape all of this dire situation and both survive and sort out their situation
All of them having a part to play of course
a reverse tower of babel kind of situation
Just to submit into the whole of bat wankery
and from this ordeal it shows why Batman/Bruce and co are something to truly fear when they are pushed into a corner. The themes and tones of this would compliment the whole bat symbol, fear, vengeance, humanity and its will and so much more around the legacy of what batman represents

why do you faggots hate dick?

Keep it civil.

So can we talk about "old" black sheeps of the family?

Dick as Robin has Wolfman/Perez NTT, Teen Titans Year One, Robin Year One, and The Gauntlet.

Dick as Nightwing has literally nothing that isn't mediocre or bad.

How will the Batfam react when Jason brings Artemis and Bizarro with him to the next Christmas get-together?

no u
dubs

To be honest, I never quite liked the idea of Robin, and prefer Batgirl being around as a slightly more independent sidekick.

personally I dont really like the idea of Batman having a partner thats not Alfred but at the same time love the idea of him having students

Has Cass porked that ballerina yet?

wut? Source?

spider men

It's a concept that can easily be badly written and convoluted, but when it works it's great. I love it.

>Regarding the rumors that he would be having Bruce adopt Cassandra again:

>That was a very powerful moment in Pre-Flashpoint continuity. Because it happened after an era where Cassandra was already fading out of the universe it wasn’t explored. It was an acknowledgment to the fans of the importance of Cassandra while she was becoming less important. I don’t want to fall into that same trap. It is very important to me to establish firmly how important Bruce is to Cassandra and Cassandra is to Bruce. That is something I am very eager to explore upcoming this spring in particular in “Detective Comics”.

thebatmanuniverse.net/detective-comics-76/

Plus one gets the feeling she'll have a part in whatever happens in Clayface's arc that's coming up as well in December.

> Cass in all of this.
> Da fuck Jean really?
> Tim. Fuck not this again.
> Barbara's wut pose.
> Dick's sexy pose.

What the hell is that between Dick and Barbara? Leslie?

Which one lost the eye and the legs? That the one I like.

Yes. The art got pretty bad later even with Denny finally making progress in not making Jean-Paul no longer batshit crazy and 90s edge.

Spider-family:
>Peter Parker
>Mary Jane
>Anne Parker
>Cynthia Moon
>Kaine
>Ben Reily
>Gwen Stacy

there's no fanart of them all

Jason on the far right but isn't that just a bad end?

Poor Jean.

And now he's being written in Detective and it's pretty damn terrible.

I dunno. On the scale of bad writing, he isn't where Stephanie is in the comic which is insufferable.

fpbp

80% of the characters are trash

That's because Stephanie is being used for a retarded moral that makes not a lick of sense period.

Posted this in the Batgirl storytime:

Who are the members of the Batfamily right now?

Um okay *takes a deep breath*

Bruce, Alfred, Selina, Dick, Duke, Damian, Jason, Kate, Julie (Alfred's daughter), Barbara, Helena, Dinah (by association with BoP), Cassandra, Basil, Luke Fox, Jean Paul Valley, Gotham Girl, and Tim Drake.

Stephanie is sort of but is going through a WILD CARD BITCHES phase. Harper Row is living a civilian life and is retired, but appearing in Tec on/off.

If you're counting Helena and Dinah by association then shouldn't Bizarro and Artemis count too?

>not bat-cow, alfred the cat, titus or goliath
You fuck it up

Eat shit

More like dick loving faggot should keep their faggotry to themselves.

Stop reading shit

In a way I hope DNM portrays this, Batman splitted into many as a menace to the whole world

Cass and Jean Paul were real tight in No Man's Land.

>Will never have a gf like Artemis or a son as pure as Bestzarro

How old was she supposed to be in that? Deodato would draw her as a big titted woman, but then she would be small and petite in her solo

\
She was pretty busty when Damion Scott drew her. And Scott's kind of her iconic artist, so I tend to believe she was a bit of a shortstack.

There is already an Helena in prima earth

Bruce should appear only in the end

We don't talk about this.
Nobody talks about this.

She put her up for adoption.ut isent that the whole point of Rebirth, to re-establish old continuity? Effectively making possible she might now exist that the 10 years are slowly starting to be restored?

The child was not Bruce's, it was Sam Bradley's. Sam was the son of Slam Bradley, who Selina had intimate relations with before in Brubaker's run. Yes, that means she slept with both the father and the son. After Selina comes to the realization that she loves being Catwoman more than she loves her child, she gave Helena up for adoption.

Helena actually crossover with others bat-books, can't say the same for BC
But yeah you should count only the associate with Bruce (which she might be, i can't really tell)

Why is this image used for this thread every single time

Helena is not Bruces kid?

At this point they can put that moment early on Bruce's timeline and retcon Helena Bertinelli in Bruce's daughter.

I just want a Batgirls book.
Even a miniseries.
And one scene with the entire assembled Batfamily, wherever Rebirth is going with Batman "raising armies", that seems like a fun note to build up to.

>Best
Batwoman
>Underrated
Red Hood
>Overrated
Nightwing
>Worst
Robin (Damian)

Jasonfags.the cancer in the batfamily.

I didn't say he's the best. But admit it, he's better than Dick.

Jason's an edgelord .

Tim Drake is gay.

Fall of the Batmem seems to point in that direction
(or will just involve the 4 robins, who knows)

"What a cunt."

I'll grant him this, the guy can't seem to catch a break.
Morrison barely had any idea what to do with him, and since then he's been in Lobdell's clutches.

Bring back the white streak, and give him the crowbar.
Dick has his sticks, Tim has his staff, sometimes Damian has a sword.
It's a lot better than always guns.

>It's a lot better than always guns.
Amen.

Jason also have the all-blades
But he is fine with the guns tbqh

I want to agree, but those Batwoman as best is fucking ridiculous.
Change that to Alfred.

I'm not saying get rid of the guns, I'm saying that a crowbar would be a lot more fun, and just edgy and ironic enough for him to be swinging around the same item used to bash in his head.

I know right? I wish I saved one with everyone on a rooftop.

this one?

what the fuck were they thinking.

Must say i prefer the current design for Dick and Jason.
The other are much better that way

batman works alone

One Year Later was a mistake for many books.

comfy doggo

Do you think this isn't canon anymore with rebirth etc?

being a batwoman fan is suffering

Bring us Rucka back!!!

I like Rebirth Azrael, he has matured and I like his Kierkegaardian beliefs. The new iteration of The Order of Dumas I like as well.

they never will
people don't even talk about kate anymore.

>Bruce already out the door
He too could not believe what he just saw

>Hey, Marc Andreyko did a great job on Manhunter back in the day, so he should knock it out of the park with Batwoman!

Honestly I feel Cass and Harper are the best girls to come out of the Bat Family.

I just wish the family would progress a few more years I want to see peoples roles change and develop and have it STICK.

you are entitled to your opinion, however your opinion is trash, Harper should have been a one issue character at best

I don't like her personality, or i guess how she's written, I like the prospect of her character tho. in a Jason Todd kinda way. Plus I really like her costume. I feel she's handled a lot better than Duke.