/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Subtext Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
The Last Jedi trailer (Oct 9)
Doctor Aphra #13 (Oct 11)
Star Wars Adventures #3 (Oct 11)
Star Wars: Rebels S4E1/S4E2 Heroes of Mandalore Part 1 and 2 (Oct 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Battlefront 2 - This is Star Wars Battlefront 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZBliUG3j-y0?t=188
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dianoga
youtube.com/watch?v=1hrdjtvSc-M
youtu.be/NRRPCjr1Ito?t=48s
youtube.com/watch?v=2cPEchNTSE0
youtube.com/watch?v=GogRDkuBP-Y
yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-rebels-sneak-peek-sabines-past-comes-back-haunt-150057801.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gfxZphqjFz4
mobile.twitter.com/lukecruser/status/918993700306542594/video/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is she, /swco/?

>yfw she's snoke

reminder if ani went for ahsoka instead of a used hag like padme the galaxy would be a better place

If I pulled that head thing off would she die?

anyone just have like a gallery of ashoka images
I need some

twi'lek master race

I want to fuck Aayla

It would be very painful.

imagine the fat goblin who posts this shit

I didnt know Vader joined the Sinestro Corps

Fuck off

I feel like I saw her in that Rebels montage

>that Rebels reference in Lando's BF2 lines
What are the odds of getting cartoon content in the future?

Why hello there, I've got a little present for you...

I swear, sex ed videos in Star Wars are weird...

Id run that trench

baneposting was allowed in /swco/ long before the 7th movie came out and tv shitposters flocked here
Fucking Genndy was doing it

Can we petition lucasfilm to make this not canon so we can get more Jude?

whats the reference

BANE?

Lando says "You remind me of someone, a rebel kid I met way back"

youtu.be/ZBliUG3j-y0?t=188

3:10

Some say he's talking about Luke, others say he's talking about Ezra

>prequel praise
>on Sup Forums
What the hell? Who made this thread? Was it you shieldgate?

He's talking about Luke.

Fuck off back to your board nigger. We don't care what other people are discussing.

Why are you surprised? Every Star Wars thread on Sup Forums is about Disney Wars being the devil and the prequels being kino.

fuck Sup Forums

is anyone else sick of john williams' music?
like, i don't hate the music it's just i've heard it a thousand times over in movies, shows and games and please just make something new please for the love of god

that room

baneposting has existed since ESB at least, I bet you could find rare CIAs in ANH as well

You certainty talk like someone from Sup Forums

>Watch all 6 seasons of TCW
>Watch Rots afterward
>Seeing all those ships I got used to seeing in TCW style come to life again

The first 30 minutes of ROTS feel like a TCW episodes and I love it.

why the hell does it cut to imperial cruisers at the last 2 seconds

we got that with Kevin Kiner and Michael Giacchino and it stinks

meh I don't think that one works, he has a belt but he's not placing his hands on them, it's close but not close enough

ROTS is basically a live-action TCW arc to be honest

Those are venators

shut your mouth they're both great

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dianoga
>The dianoga was a sentient cephalopod indigenous to the swampy planet of Vodran
>During the rescue of Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker first realized something was alive in the garbage compactor, but shortly after his realization, a dianoga dragged Skywalker underwater. Han Solo and Organa were unable to locate him, but the dianoga released him just before the walls began to close.
haha the eu sure was wac-
>canon

I hate whoever linked to the Star Wars Kinect songs the other night, I cant stop listening to the parodies

Kevin Kiner's and Michael Giacchino's best work in Star Wars is when they ape other John Williams themes, they're crap with their original compositions (in Star Wars at least)

although to be fair TFA was done by Williams and that stunk a lot worse than either R1 or the toons' scores

It needs to be used timely. I am sick of the imperial march in everything, especially DICE's games. But I was giddy when the song below started playing when I replayed Republic Commando last month.

youtube.com/watch?v=1hrdjtvSc-M

i thought this too but then battlefront 2 2005

its still good

I like how Mark Brooks drew his wife as a Twi'Lek

>someone didn't watch the very first star wars movie

>DICE games
I didnt hear Imperial March at all in the BF2 Beta, I heard the Battle of Naboo and Cloud City Escape mainly. Vader wasnt playable though.

I guarantee you the march will play every time you play as an imperial. It did in the first battlefront. It gets a bit stale.

i'm talking about the "sentient" thing
also apparently they're force sensitive? and the one in the garbage chute had a name? what the hell

>canon
>serious business

"Sentient" means "it has senses" such as touch, taste, sight, etc. A human is as sentient as an otter or a caterpillar.

Id rather hear Empire Today

Absolute clueless and trash opinion

I love how Kylo Ren's theme sounds like a mixture between classic alien film music and noir film music. It sounds like a song from a cheesy alien movie being played in noir style. It's a perfect window into the influences that Lucas had in the very beginning where he wanted to take these weird concepts normally found in sci-fi and tell a very emotional human story using them similar to genres like noir or fantasy.
youtu.be/NRRPCjr1Ito?t=48s

Imagine the part I linked above being played in this style: youtube.com/watch?v=2cPEchNTSE0

But you can also imagine it in this style as well: youtube.com/watch?v=GogRDkuBP-Y

I have to wonder if it's intentional given that Kylo Ren in TFA exhibits a few qualities of 50's sci-fi (a weird robot 'monster' who kidnaps the female heroine and does weird experiments on her) while also being a mysterious character who reveals his humanity to our main character in an interview setting similarly to a suspect in a noir film (in this case, Kylo is suspected by Rey to be the evil monster who killed the Jedi when in reality he's a conflicted young man making the whole 'murder mystery' more complicated). Kylo wants to be the cold calculating emotionless monster but he finds it hard to achieve when Rey probes and investigates his past.

>Kevin Kiner's and Michael Giacchino's best work in Star Wars is when they ape other John Williams themes, they're crap with their original compositions (in Star Wars at least)
Wrong:

>Ahsoka's Theme
>Journey Into the Star Cluster
>Twin Moons
>Thrawn's Web

are just a few examples of Kiner's great original compositions

>The Imperial Suite
>Rebellions Are Built On Hope
>Hope
>Your Father Would Be Proud

are a few of Giacchino's

It was an alien like any other that we've seen; Twi'lek, Rodian, Hutt, etc. Just because it was a mass of tentacles and one eye doesn't mean it's any less than the other non-humans. Your mistake was assuming it was just a stupid animal instead of a regular kind of alien.

IT'S GREAT TO BE IN THE EMPIRE TODAY

What does having Kashyyyk in your heels mean?

Continuing this from the last thread.

Also, I didn't know what the middle was for so I left it blank.

yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-rebels-sneak-peek-sabines-past-comes-back-haunt-150057801.html

man, the animation just keeps getting better and better

You know, right after TFA came out I couldn't remember any of the songs and was really disappointed by the soundtrack but now 2 years later I'm realizing that it actually had a lot of memorable themes. I've only seen the movie like 2 times and it's been like a year and a half since the last time I saw it and off the top of my head I can hum Jedi Steps, Rey's Theme, Kylo Ren's Theme, and March of the Resistance. It has surprisingly good music for a shitty movie. Rey's theme in particular makes me tear up sometimes because I imagine a bunch of new kids watching the ST (which hopefully will be redeemed by TLJ) and it being their first experience of Star Wars. The pottery between those kids that were introduced through TFA and Rey thinking Luke Skywalker was a myth is actually pretty cool and it makes me excited to show these movies to my kids one day.

Why do I feel like we're seeing the last of Bo Katan?

God magnaguards are so fucking cool

It's better that you did, it's just for retarded waifufags

>show your kids TCW then ROTS
>see the despair when they see all the Jedi die and Anakin turn to the dark side
>show your kids Rebels then ANH
>see the despair when they see Kanan/Ezra die then the new hope when Luke appears as the new Jedi
Pottery.

So I was thinking of getting the visual dictionary for TLJ since I got a poster of said visual dictionary signed by Pablo Hidalgo and it occurred to me if I should buy the visual dictionary for all the films. I know it's gonna be expensive getting all 9 of the visual dictionaries out so far at the same time so I'm going to get one a year if I can.

>find Sam Witwer's movie commentaries
>just listen to his sexy voice for hours straight

The dictionaries of the first six movies are in a single old book that goes for like 20 bucks now. Then there's Rogue One, TFA, and soon to be TLJ. The REAL expensive investment is the Complete Locations and Incredible Cross Sections. Though currently the Complete Vehicles cross sections for movies 1-6 are dubiously canon, only RO, TFA, and soon to be TLJ.

Why do people hold Republic Commando in such high esteem? It's a corridor shooter where there isn't really any actual tactical element and the enemies are all just bullet sponges.

One of them's just The Protomen's Protoman

Good narrative
Good aesthetic
Fun to shoot

>makes me excited to show these movies to my kids one day.
Why would you waste your kid's time by showing him a bootleg ANH?

It was sexist too

So I could hurry up and show him the kino that is TLJ.

What are you talking about? What you described literally happens on-screen in the first movie.

Just a heads up but here's a really interesting channel where they have clips of Filoni talking about tons of different lore while he was making TCW and Rebels. Has some really interesting looks into the force.

youtube.com/watch?v=gfxZphqjFz4

I think they're the only Separatist Droids that don't talk. I recently rewatched ROTS to discover Destroyer Droids actually warn R2 in droidspeak

>Barriss was right
>but she still came dangerously close to falling to the Dark Side and probably rotted in a cell somewhere as the Empire rose if she wasn't executed

I'd probably care more if she didn't completely disappear for several seasons.

Andi got married?

Mortis Arc spoils that tho

mobile.twitter.com/lukecruser/status/918993700306542594/video/1

TV spot

>see the despair when they see Kanan/Ezra die
nice fanfic

>This film contains scenes that may be too intense for younger viewers

>Anakin asks Padme if she's an angel
>says angels live on the moons of Iego
>TCW shows an angel on a moon of Iego
>she has the same voice actress that Padme does in TCW

Is this poetry?

I'll keep that info in mind, thanks.

The only pottery will be if something confirms Snoke is an angel before JJ gets his hands back on the character.

Phasma rips Finn's arm off confirmed

so did they not know about the toy or what

>tv spots already
Fuck. Already this one has new footage than the trailers (BB-8's head falling back presumably when Poe uses nitro on the X-wing; Finn looking up at the end)

what are you talking about