THOR: RAGNAROK Premiere Spoilers

The past. Hela (Cate Blanchett) attempts to usurp the throne of Asgard and conquer the Nine Realms, but is defeated by the Valkyries and exiled by her father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). All but one of the Valkyries die in battle.

The present. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is captured by Surtur while investigating the resurgence of the Infinity Stones, but manages to escape and behead Surtur. He then returns to Asgard to talk to Odin and learns that Heimdall (Idris Elba) is in exile in the Asgardian wilderness and been replaced by the warrior Skurge (Karl Urban) as Asgard's bridgekeeper.

Thor finds out that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has usurped the throne and that in Odin's absence Hela is regaining her strength. They go to Earth, where Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) helps them find Odin, who has been living as a vagrant. Hela ambushes them, destroys Mjolnir, kills Odin and strands Thor and Loki on planet Sakaar. She then forces Skurge to help her invade Asgard and slaughters its army, including Lady Sif (Jaimie Alexander) and the Warriors Three Volstagg (Ray Stevenson), Fandral (Zachary Levi) and Hogun (Tadanobu Asano).

In Sakaar, Thor is captured by the renegade Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), who abandoned Asgard after her sisters were slaughtered by Hela. She's working as a bounty hunter for The Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum), who runs the planet's gladiator arena. Thor is captured and befriends another gladiator, Korg (Taika Waititi), who led a failed revolt against the Grandmaster in the past. Thor is later forced to fight the champion of the arena, the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), who ended up in Sakaar after the battle against Ultron. During the battle, Thor manages to harness lightning. Loki is captured by Valkyrie while trying to rescue Thor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5kfaQKOp1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thor finds out Hulk hasn't changed back into Bruce Baner for two years and plays old videos of Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) from the Quinjet's archives to bring him back. Thor and Banner then recruit Loki and Valkyrie to help them stop Hela and assist Korg in rebelling against the Grandmaster. Returning to Asgard, they reunite with Heimdall, who leads the surviving Asgardians to an ancient temple while Thor and his team confront Hela. Skurge regrets helping Hela and sacrifices himself to destroy her army of the undead, while Hulk defeats the wolf Fenrir.

Odin appears to Thor from Valhala and tells him that Mjolnir was only a conduit for Thor's true power. Thor gains control over the lightning, but is still unable to defeat Hela, so he sends Loki to retrieve Surtur's head and they revive him. Meanwhile, Korg and his men arrive to evacuate the Asgardians. Surtur destroys Hela along with what's left of Asgard and returns to his realms. With Asgard destroyed, Thor, Hulk, Loki, Valkyrie, Heimdall, Korg, the Warbound and the surviving Asgardians depart in search of a new home on Earth.

Mid-Credits Scene.

The Grandmaster plays the piano among the ruins of Sakaar.

Post-Credits Scene.

The Asgardians' ship encounters Thanos' (Josh Brolin) Sanctuary warship in Space.

God, I really it don't suck like the 2 previous Thor movies.

Random spoilers.

Thor loses an eye in battle against Hela and begins wearing Odin's old eyepatch.

Thor is unable to control his powers until Odin appears to him in a vision and reminds Thor that he's the god of thunder, not the "god of hammers".

Odin was once a vicious conqueror and Hela was his enforcer, but her appetite for destruction grew too great even for him. Thor is aware that they're siblings.

Thor tries to perform Black Widow's lullaby on the Hulk and gets ragdolled just like Loki in "The Avengers".

Loki appears to have truly redeemed himself. He genuinely wants to save Asgard, never once betrays Thor to pursue his own agenda, and even wonders if it's wise for him to accompany the Asgardians to Earth after all the destruction that he caused in "The Avengers". He's also terrified by the Hulk due to their past encounter.

Thor briefly addresses his breakup with Jane Foster and Banner is clearly still in love with Black Widow.

Thor and Loki revive Surtur with the Eternal Flame from Odin's weapons vault, which greatly enhances Surtur's powers.

Hulk doesn't actually fight Surtur. He jumps at him, unaware of Thor's plan, gets swatted aside and then told not to interfere as Surtur is there to help them.

Hela disappears after being punched into the ground by Surtur, which also splits what's left of Asgard in half. Korg reassures Thor that they can rebuild it together... Just as the two halves explode into dust.

Thor and Hela's first encounter was indeed changed from an alley in New York City to an open field.

"Immigrant Song" plays twice, once in the opening and once right before the final battle.

It is Marvel Studios' most comedy-driven movie yet, and serious dramatic moments are few and far-between. However, the humor is very "Waititi-esque" and pretty much all jokes land.

The best parts of both movies were the space adventure parts, where Natalie Portman was nowhere near anything.

This is all space adventure, and no Natalie Portman. There's no way it's not better than The Dark World.

>>Surtur
Huh...I don't know whether to be disappointed or not with that development. But hey, Clancy Brown as the voice makes me giddy.

>First Spoiler
That...doesn't sound right...I mean, the Infinity Wars trailer contradicts that.

>Lady Sif (Jaimie Alexander) and the Warriors Three Volstagg (Ray Stevenson), Fandral (Zachary Levi) and Hogun (Tadanobu Asano).
dang

She then forces Skurge to help her invade Asgard and slaughters its army, including Lady Sif (Jaimie Alexander) and the Warriors Three Volstagg (Ray Stevenson), Fandral (Zachary Levi) and Hogun (Tadanobu Asano).
That's disappointing...

How the fuck does a Quinjet get to Sakaar? That shit doesn't even make sense.

Guess which part of the script Chris Yost wrote!

>bringing back the Black Widow/Hulk pairing
NOOOOOOOO

They edited it out. Wouldn't be the first time.

It made it to space and flew through one of many random wormholes that lead into Sakaar.

Black hole?

That actually sounds pretty damn good and had a lot of unexpected twists, I regret reading it.
Well, that first spoiler sounds wrong, so this might be fake? I don't know if that would be good or not.

It's real.

Along with Hulk?

Raise your hands, who else wants more sarcjoxruffalo? I want it.

Sounds pretty disappointing desu

Sif dies

Man, she must feel very ripped off right now.

That fight with the Valkyeries and Hela was clearly a flashback in the trailer.

Sounds like another shitty Thor movie that's only gonna get praise because it's a Marvel Movie.
Seriously, they should've canned this fucker from the beginning and opted to use another Avenger in his place. Thor has not even once brought anything of importance to the MCU

I laughed at the people who didn't get that. Like, it's a completely different color palette

It's a plane. It wouldn't make it into space.

I am still sure alien abduction exists. Maybe they just abducted him? It's literally the only solution that makes sense for that.

>>How Hela is defeated
Ya know...I'm okay with this.

That can't be right. It actually sounds OK.

Sif dies
Jane and Darcy live.

Black Widow and Hulk again? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! anyway... I want to know if Thor defeats Hulk.

Thing is, with ongoing stories, everything comes around.

MARVEL IS FINISHED!

Thank god they're rebooting this piece of shit soon.

>killing odin with him never once doing anything showing how powerful he is supposed to be in the mcu

>kill sif and warriors 3
>kill odin

>thor meanwhile is all LOL HE IS A FRIEND FROM WORK, totally joking around not giving a shit about anything

>starlord : thor edition levels change in personality

horrible

>no mention of the Tesseract while asgard is destroyed

good going

>>Infinity Wars
>>Some Avenger will die
>>Thor will be devastated by the loss

>>Thor will care more about an Avenger dying than his father and lifelong friends

Fuck off Whedon

>Thor tries to perform Black Widow's lullaby on the Hulk and gets ragdolled just like Loki in "The Avengers".
>It is Marvel Studios' most comedy-driven movie yet, and serious dramatic moments are few and far-between. However, the humor is very "Waititi-esque" and pretty much all jokes land.
You stupid fucking bastards.
This is the greatest failure of the entire Marvel universe. You have made Thor into a bigger Joke then Aquaman on Super Friends, may god NOT have mercy on your scum sucking souls you short sighted worthless trash.

>thor meanwhile is all LOL HE IS A FRIEND FROM WORK, totally joking around not giving a shit about anything
>>Thor will care more about an Avenger dying than his father and lifelong friends

It would be fair to say that Thor (and other Asgardians) were raised with
similar beliefs to vikings right?
If that's the case, then why would Thor be upset if his friends all died in battle? Wasn't that central to the Norse belief, that the best thing in life was to build a great reputation then die gloriously in battle?

He already accepted his dads fake death and nobody actually gives a shit about the warriors 3.

The Avengers are his best buddies now.

I'm not saying the film can't have humour...but at least have some gravitas.

The irony is that IMHO making Thor a jokey character makes him less relatable and de-humanizes him.

Showing Thor grieving and overcoming loss would have enabled them to balance his power with vulnerability.

Then why would he be upset over Frigga's death?

I'm just saying, doing a massive cleanup of Thor's supporting cast and not killing Jane and Darcy just strikes me as hallow. Like they are killed off just cause they wanted to raise the stakes, but not to take away from Thor's happy go lucky attitude of the film. Also kind of cheap to kill off the Asgardians just before the major MCU crossover and yet you push all the Wakandians for that film.

Jane no gonna appear again because the actress is done with MCU

so hela isn't Death

THANX GOD!

He cared about his ppls and soldiers lives in TDW when they were in danger of Malekith attacking again. Odin was weary of going to war with the frost giants and lost of life in thor 1. That excuse doesn't work. Thor just suddenly not giving a shit that sif who was always there for him got her head cut off defending asgard while he was out fucking around is terrible

It ends in a stalemate as expected, but with the clear implication that Thor would win if they kept at it.

I'm really, really hoping this thread is omitting details, because Thor losing his father and friends and being jovial is really rubbing me the wrong way. Even Kingsman 2, as faulty as it was, had moments where the characters were upset that other characters died. Even the character who said "No emotions" eventually broke down over the deaths.

I don't care if their explanation is "Oh, nobody cares that much about the Thor films". Killing off prominent supporting casts and making the main character not care about it makes the lead character a fucking asshole.

this sounds fun, I don't know what everyone is bitching about

>this sounds fun

nofuncylon.jpg

Thor has both his eyes in the Infinity War teaser.

Explain that broad blanket statement or why fucking bother at all. What clear implication?

I think he has both on the poster too. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel intentionally left it out to avoid spoilers for this movie. It seems like an odd detail to insert into fake spoilers if you've seen the IW promo material.

Only time will tell I guess.

Are you reading the thread dipshit. It's edited. The same spiderman wasn't in the civil war running scene in the trailers.

Why would they spoil Ragnarok for the Infinity War teaser

oh boy a thread full of people reading spoilers and acting like they've watched the fucking film

Yeah, it's just weird to go from sif and the warriors three being murdered to LOL WE WORK TOGETHER!

This sounds ok but:

Killing the Warriors 3 and Sif? Why?

and

How is Loki suddenly in charge of Asgard? How did he go from being blown the fuck out to having coup'd Odin?

Killing the Warriors 3 and Sif? Why?

Chris Yost

>How is Loki suddenly in charge of Asgard? How did he go from being blown the fuck out to having coup'd Odin?
Didn't watch Dark World? I don't blame you.

I can't confirm most of this because I haven't gotten an actual plot outline, but I have a buddy who worked on this film and the one thing he did tell me, and the one thing I can confirm, is that thor does lose an eye

Asgard has to die for it to be a Ragnarok.

Whenever this happens in the source material, and it has happened more than once before they eventually all resurrect.

This.

>It is Marvel Studios' most comedy-driven movie yet, and serious dramatic moments are few and far-between.

Into the trash it goes.

This what retard? Did you not read the thread? They could easily decide not to give away a fucking spoiler for Ragnarok (which was months away when the comic con preview was shown) by showing unfinished footage for a coming out a yr away . Are you this fucking stupid?

I hope they bring the hammer back since odinson doesnt need it anymore, then they can bring in thor and have her have some good moments in infinity war too

nice trips

>Skurge to help her invade Asgard and slaughters its army, including Lady Sif
JUST

Jaime Alexander could have been Wonder Woman, but now she's nothing. Her show is probably going to get cancelled now. She should join Ray Stevenson in JUSTvengers. From Rome, to being Punisher, to being a minor character in thor films while lemmeaskyousomethinrick plays the punisher in mcu. JUST as fuck.

Ray was a good Punisher. War Zone wasn't that great, and I liked Thomas Jane best but Ray deserves more credit. It really isn't fair.

>She then forces Skurge to help her invade Asgard and slaughters its army, including Lady Sif (Jaimie Alexander)
So...something something Thor gets BLACKED?

I can't believe none of you fuckers have watched a Taika movie before. But Hunt for the Wilderpeople is more emotional and dramatic than anything Marvel has ever done.

>It is Marvel Studios' most comedy-driven movie yet

A hammerless Thor getting the better of Hulk would be the first time Marvel has shown some actual respect for Thor's strength in these movies.

uh, what about the opening of the first Thor where he tore the frost giants a new asshole?

so was his character in dd s2 possessed by sutur? lol

and lady sif mentions the coulson's alive and they fought asguardians and kree on earth together?

>Marvel makes Thor into a walking cuck joke

>DChad turns Aquaman into the biggest Chad hero in there.

DChad always wins it out in the end.

>Killing Sif

If I didn't long stop given a fuck about these movies Id be pretty pissed.

Wait so it's funny but also a bunch of characters died?

Yeah, that sounds like Yost.

Sooooooo no Soul Gem in Ragnorok?

>Odin goes to Valhalla and can still communicate with Thor.
>He has no Idea that Sif and the Warriors Three died until he actually goes back to Asgard.

I'm not seeing the problem.

Hulk really feels Thor's lightning punch.

Isn't the Soul Gem Vision?

youtube.com/watch?v=F5kfaQKOp1g

No Ant-Man?

Aquaman will still be worse you dumbass. He's played by a living meme and is debuting in a fucking Snyder movie.

Not until Avengers 4

The hammer not being in the city anymore actually bothers me more than it should. That was an awesome moment in the trailer and to have changed like that is so fucking wrong.

Also anything on the cosmic cube?

Yeah, I saw that in the trailers and stuff and was confused. Why they go from the city to that wide open field?

Vision's forehead stone is from the scepter.

Michael Rooker was also on set at infinity wars in full costume despite Yondu being killed in GOTG2. They're actually making an effort to cover spoilers now.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean you hope your friends get slaughtered on the battlefield.

Nobody gives a shit about the Frost jobbers.

I still think it's gonna suck dicks, though it seems they're getting better at introducing one-movie characters.

I'm still in camp "Making Planet Hulk into a side story in a Thor film was a shit idea"

Thor finds out Hulk hasn't changed back into Bruce Baner for two years and plays old videos of Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) from the Quinjet's archives to bring him back. For Fucks sake, are we really sticking with this atrocious love story? Whatever happened to Liv Tyler? Does Betty Ross not exist anymore?

>that last spoiler

I expected that, but if it's truly Waititi-esque then when the emotion drops it'll have a lot more impact than most cape flicks. Guy really knows how to blend comedy and pathos.

Don't worry, Scarlett Johansson alluded that they'll break up.

Well they could have. But he's also got both his eyes in the poster too. At least, he hasn't got an eyepatch on, and it LOOKS like he still has two eyes.

Vision's Mind, mate.

>her father , Odin
IS
SHIT
H
I
T

Too blacked