Why does this continue to exist? Does anyone actually like it?

Why does this continue to exist? Does anyone actually like it?

DC said they understood fans were irritated when books got cancelled early so that, Blue Beetle, New Superman, and Hellblazer are getting a minimum of 18 issues.

So that's who it was, I couldn't remember other than NSM (which is the only one out of that list that should continue to exist, as it's actually good) which ones were getting cancelled without actually using the word.

This is legit the worst book in their entire list right now, IMO.

Is she still Lois's psycho sister?

>New Superman
But that is actually good and needs more love.

Wait, is NSM getting cancelled?
I'm not caught up with it but I fucking love that book.

I don't its pretty shit but then it is a containment book so that is to be expected. What was the retcon of how Lana got her powers? From red K?

Very likely to continue in a Justice League of China title.

I want to like the book since Steel, Natasha and Traci 13 are all in it

That was also a red herring

Apparently it's still from a Super Flare

Yes, but the writer is hinting that it's going to continue in some way.

Popular theory is a Justice League of China book, though I have to assume any followup will be a mini.

The dream for me would be Yang doing Justice League International with Kenan to replace both NSM and Orlando's shitty JLA.

How is Super Flare still canon? I mean post fusion superman didn't die due to the flare. Also They made made Natascha and Traci lesbians and dating each other.

Perkins made the book bearable and Atomic Skull is a adorable

>I want to like the book since Steel, Natasha and Traci 13 are all in it
I'm right there with you.

They should have just given her Rebirth Supergirl from the start.
That arc she did that ended the previous volume was fine.

Maybe Clark still had the Flare as a power and Lana was just hit by a random flare at one point

Didn't the Chinese also siphon some of that power for Kenan and Emperor Superman?

Yeah they did or I think they got his DNA or something? I don't remember #1 that well. Superwoman is just an awful book from the getgo, I mean what do you expect from a book that teased SuperLois then made a bait n switch to Lana.

>Also They made made Natascha and Traci lesbians and dating each other.
That's fine, Traci could still be bi

And honestly Jaime is pretty damn toxic now so I wouldn't want Traci anywhere near him

Sells better than New Super-Man.

>Also They made made Natascha and Traci lesbians and dating each other.
Legitimizing this old art

I have not been reading Blue Beetle, how is Jaime toxic? I mean I think it was to be expected they'd make them dykes since it is DCs SJW book but why? No one is reading it so the effort has gone wasted, an user told me that the writer just saw a pinup of Natascha, Traci and Supergirl sleeping together and just made them dykes.

How tho?

This is the pin up I was talking about, it's weird since they were both straight and dating guys pre-F.P but I guess because they're C-listers noone gave a shit.

What's worse? Being a lesbian, or having your dad want to fuck you?

Nope, now she's lana Lang.

Who actually even remembers Cir-El Supergirl?

Being a lesbian with a dad who wants to fuck you.

Perverts (me)

The latter is hotter, lesbians are overplayed my dude.

This story could only exist as a backup in a mini the company barely realizes it's publishing.

I do but only because of Batman/Superman public enemies.

They let Jimenez do whatever he wants.

NSM should get MORE than that

Jimenez left the book a while ago, dude.

seriously, Orlando is horrible
Perkins is my writerfu
give her more books

source?

She should have it. Maybe a lesbian can fix what a gay man screwed up.

Doctor thirteen: Architecture and Mortality.

Doctor Thirteen: Architecture & Mortality

I don't know why Marvel and DC have this obsession with giving solo titles to characters people either don't like or don't care about.

that's what happened with Superwoman

New Super Man 15 12,431
not really

It was a backup story in this. but was collected as "Doctor Thirteen: Architecture and Mortality" like the other anons said
Shit, completely forgot that Jimenez was gay, even though he came out in a backpage at DC

Jaime's book is terrible. You know how in his old book his friends and family had playful banter, friendly arguments with an undercurrent of affection?

All gone. It's like they hate each other now, his friends are constantly at each others throats. And it doesn't help that the art makes them look so ugly. His book is not a place where you want Traci to be

Nobody but Rogers should write Jaime and his cast.
Everyone else has fucked it up.

God I wish he'd come back to comics.

That happens a lot with Giffen without DeMatteis to reign him in. He think he's being very funny and clever but it just comes off as mean spirited.

I see , good thing I haven't been reading it. That sucks I liked his old run, it was pretty good. Shit was mad emotional especially when Jaime came back from space after the OMAC shit and then found out a year has passed. That sucks especially since how DC is trying to push him into Blue Beetle.

I wonder if Lemire can hold him back with the Inferior Five, or if will just go full fanboy and agree to everything.

It's actually been pretty decent since Jimenez left.

Not really.
Better than it was before, but it's still down there with Supergirl, JLA, and Blue Beetle for worst Rebirth book.

Well that sucks. NSM is a great book if people would actually give it a chances.

My dick does

You can unironically blame Marvel for this. Since he faced backlash from the start for being another diversity "Replacement"

I think we can blame shitty manbaby fans who react with this backlash against all forms of diversity

That's bullshit. Anyone who followed Rebirth should've known that Superman was 100% staying and had his own solo as well. In marvel they straight up replace characters in their own books and have even killed some of them off.

Ah well, I do think that Marvel just really put a bad taste in everyone's mouths when it comes to stuff like this no matter what.

>anyone who followed Rebirth
>implying normies heard anything other than "superman died" and "chinese superman"

this is a terrible way to do business. if they can't make a profit off these titles, they should cancel and let the people on those titles work on something new. seems better than dragging out something people wont read. if people liked these titles they would buy them.

>silver age superwoman reference

I bought the trades for New Superman, am i helping?

That was them being tired after beating a Superman villain and the Fortress only having one bed because it's Clark's fuck cottage.

Because DC are stubborn and don't want to cancel anything because they know it would be bad press and theyu'r enjoying really good press right now for their sea of endless mediocrity.

Sugar & Spike was great and he did that solo.

I think they know this, they have internal figures unreleased to the public. But rebirth is the best press they've had in a while so they are enjoying it.

what is it containing?

>Sugar & Spike was great.
Nope! It was the same old shit that Giffen has been selling since the BWAHAHA days, stale setups for lackluster comedy and confusing being an boring asshole with being funny and clever.

It's obvious not every book can be a smash hit, so I think giving a few niche books some time to grow an audience while being supported by the popular books is fine. It worked for New Super-Man at least, the writer confirmed he was supposed to end at #18 but got enough praise/sales to save him. At least it's not marvel where they'll green lit anything but cancel them all after five issues.

What’s it like to be dead inside?

So is Lana still together with Steel or was that someone else?

Yes. Show DC there is a longtail.

Books like Batgirl, Superwoman and occasionally Wonder Woman are containment books for DC’s SJW shit. You’ll often find the same politics you see in Marvel books there.

It's great.

How can you blame fans who have been burned over and over with shitty characters shoehorned in to replace beloved classics?
I like NSM, but I completely understand someone who looks at the cover and just gives it a pass.

Ah. And coming soon, Batman and BLM, ahem, The Signal.

Is Supergirl getting cancelled? I hope it does.

It's selling about 30k so while it's very low by historical standards it's unlikely to get chopped just because of sales.

Because DC never did that. Even during DCYou the biggest hero to get a sudden replacement by a brand new character was Doctor Fate who no one had really touched in a while anyway.

I meant in terms of quality

Who is buying and enjoying that trash. Not even the people I know who are die hard Supergirl fans like it

It recently got a ~6K boost because of the variant covers. Waifu's man.

Isn't the Signal just a 4 issue Mini? Still won't buy it since Duke is so uninteresting.

It's only three issues, but Sup Forums missed that in the REEEEing about it

It's still bad, I mean every Snyder OC is pretty shit, atleast they had the decency to not push Harper.

>it's a salty Mouseketeer episode

goldenface.jpg

Waifushits could buy prints or at least stick to a printer and some decent quality photo paper.

It's a bankable name with wirintg that's inoffensive to the casual reader.

I don't know man, Supergirl is releasing some bomb variants that people are eating up.

Giffen lost me forever with the 3001 "fuck you, fuck you very much for reading" ending.

Yeah, it is, but the fact that they're putting this clown on a panel with Frank Miller and their two top writers and new hot artist show that they desperately want to turn it into an ongoing.

Eh, I mean I don't think Duke will stay for long since his parents are not dead and this isn't the first time that someone adds to the batfamily so they can have a legacy added and then forgotten after some time. Also I think Duke will be forgotten sooner since Tim is coming back and Duke is just a black Tim anyway since Duke's schtick is that he's a prodigy detective. They should just have him lead the robin militia again if they want to use him, him being Bruce's pseudo ward is dumb also whatever happened to the Jap chick Duke was about to bone? Was she just forgotten in favor of Gotham Girl?

That's angry Giffen, he did the same thing with his (and Levitz's) last Legion of Super-Heroes run and IIRC he's done it with a few older series as well. He really doesn't like it when his comics get cancelled.

I hope he doesn't stay long. I'm tired of him.

I liked the other We Are Robin kids. Except for "Duke's love interest Izzy" who was so blandly cliched with her hard case life.

Eh Duke doesn't have that big of a following for people to care about him desu and his superhero Identity is pretty shit, fucking the signal? Lark? fucking hell its fucking stupid. I mean they had the decency to stop pushing Harper as that Tech whiz and Snyder's OC (Harper and Duke) are basically just Tim split in to two, Tech whiz and Prodigy detective. They don't add anything new to the team.

I can see why they'd think it might improve sales. As a reader, what's the point in getting invested in a new thing if it's probably gonna get cancelled before the plot gets a chance to go anywhere?

This, I mean a lot of new books don't get better till like the 2nd or 3rd arc.

I really liked the idea of Lark, but Snyder decided to 1) go with The Signal, and 2) have the Joker name him. These are incredibly stupid choices.

I remember when Sup Forums bitched about books being cancelled too early instead of bitching about books not being cancelled

The Joker named him? I don't like Lark since the panel showed him wearing red and green like robin

Lark was from a case in Detective Comics #27 (in the n52) by Sean Murphy and Scott Snyder - it was a yellow suit. I thought it was great. Bruce hallucinated it in Batman #35 as well, as Endgame was starting.

I do agree that if he'd gone with the Robin suit in Future's End, Lark would have been a dumb name.

I still like this book. It's been alright.

Super Lana is a cutie patootie though

I see, I didn't know about that Tec issue. I don't know man, I just don't like Duke. He just seems so unnecessary as part of the batfamily, him leading some kid militia (while pretty dangerous and wouldn't last long) still had him contribute more to Gotham rather Batman's not robin.

I think Lark is a great alias. For someone that's not affirmative action Robin.

My problem with Lark was when they showed him as Lark he was wearing robin colors.

I don't much care for Duke either. I liked the idea of We Are Robin a lot, but I do think Bermejo really squandered it, and the last few issues with the "guns are the worst thing ever" was so bad.

I don't think that's the case. The only two references I remember for Lark are from the two issues I mentioned, and both of those were yellow suits.