The question isn't will it be good, but will it be worse than BvS?

The question isn't will it be good, but will it be worse than BvS?

It could be good.

I've recently started catching up on the DCEU movies. I saw Wonder Woman in theaters, and the rest I've seen in the last week or so.

Man of Steel -- It was okay. Not great, probably could have used more character-study-type vignettes before Zod arrives, compressing all the Zod stuff into a smaller chunk of the movie. It really overdosed on the Zod stuff.

Batman v Superman -- I only saw the theatrical cut, still need to see the Ultimate Edition. This movie was deliciously bad. I ordered the Ultimate blu-ray before I even finished watching the theatrical cut. I am going to study this thing, because it just beggars belief. Maybe the ultimate edition will be actually good, I dunno, but the theatrical cut was almost Birdemic levels of ironic fun.

Suicide Squad Extended Cut -- Haven't seen the theatrical and don't plan to, but I actually liked this one. It's not amazing and the final battle is boring garbage, but otherwise it's at least got lots of great action and a mostly good sense of humor, and I really liked the portrayals of Deadshot, Harley, and Diablo.

Wonder Woman -- Genuinely good movie, basically splices together the good bits of Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger into a movie that's better than either of the two. The first actually impressive film of the DCEU.

Seems to me like they're generally on an upward streak no matter what the critics say about Suicide Squad. Justice League could be good.

THiS

Thing about BvS is it was jumping the gun, everyone wanted Batman to fight Superman cinematically so much the due build and substance was dismissed and just gunned for whatever got there. Don't really get your TDKR for Batman, Lex waxes on why he hates Superman but they don't really get a chance to develop their enmity in fact the last person Lex sees is Batman, Zodday from left field, Wonder Woman keeps popping in and out.

Now with JL despite the roster you don't have all that unpacking to do to setup anything because it's just Evil invasion thwarted by band of heroes. You can't really go wrong.

>liked the portrayal of Deadshot
Holy shit taste. Him refusing to shoot Harley was one of the worst scenes in the whole film. BvS was at least enjoyable, Suicide Squad was disgustingly terrible.

I'm having real blockbuster-fatigue here. Endless grand-scale action and battling armies of faceless minions just doesn't work anymore. Not in every single fucking movie. At least BvS felt personal, just a couple of guys going at each other, but JL looks like a nightmare. I hope it doesn't turn out to be as generic and souless as it looks right now.

No. WB has already bailed on their shared cinematic universe. It's a dumpster fire.

So if it's bad, but not BvS level bad, is that a victory? Or just not as much of a defeat?

I don't think it'll be BvS level bad. But I'm not looking forward to this.

>is that a victory?
DC, its fans and WB have likely been wanting to pull this movie off longer than anyone else even had the idea for a superhero team movie, so I'd say as much.

It can't be worse than BvS and especially SS

Not the same user, but while I do agree with you on Deadshot not shooting Harley being retarded, I thought Will Smith did a pretty good job of portraying him and having seen him play the part I do struggle to find someone else who could play the part.

With all the bad press from Whedon's misogyny and cheating exposed, and now the numerous sexual assaults by Ben Affleck, I'm beginning to doubt this movie has any hope left of pulling itself up out of the gutter. After BvS, seeing JL trailers, and just the general absolute state of DCEU, I think everyone was cautiously skeptic of JL. And now I just don't know that it has enough appeal or as a product will have enough merit to be the success that a JL movie deserves to be.

But I'm ready for this shitshow. I just want to see what happens

>worse than BvS
That'd be a prowess in itself.

>Everything everyone hates about DC
>Now with bad jokes
The question isn't "will it be worse" that's obvious but how worse will it be

God, this movie looks like a Playstation game

They can't go lower than Bvs

oh yes they can have you seen the trailers? it'll take a miracle to get above 15%

Cyborg is gonna ruin it.

>BvS was at least enjoyable

No it wasn’t.

>this thread has more bumps than shithumans
feels good famalan

BvS set the bar crazy low, I can't see JL being a worse film, but hey, I thought the first live action meeting of the world's finest would have been an epic and we all saw how that turned out

I hate everything about the Cyborg in this

>rapebaby of Snyder and Whedon, the two worst directors to ever have a hand at capeshit
Clusterfuck.

Even if is good you will pretend that is the worst shit ever.

Marvelfags think that Thor 1/2 or Iron Man 2/3 are good while Rises and Wonder Woman are bad.

Who here is absolutely dreading Justice League but looking forward to Aquaman, WW2 and Shazam?

Every DC fan except Snyderfags, luckily we will get rid of them after this movie.

the top left especially so

>With all the bad press from Whedon's misogyny and cheating exposed, and now the numerous sexual assaults by Ben Affleck, I'm beginning to doubt this movie has any hope left of pulling itself up out of the gutter.
Nobody is talking about the Whedon thing anymore, and the whole Affleck shit will be over by the time the movie comes out.
You forget normal people aren't shitposting about company wars 24/7

They did with SS.

Every sensible person.

>looking forward to Shazam
are you stupid or something? it's literally directed by a hack and a conman

It sucks we have to wait for Wan's Aquaman to see the real costume

I wish folks would stop overestimating these scandals. Folks forget about them in an istance. Plus ben apologized. Sure tumblr loves to blow shit up but itll be forgotten in a week just like the supposed last one where a writer looked at some shit he said in the 90s.

What's up with the director? Lights Out was decent and he seems like a cool guy.

>You can't really go wrong

Life_finds_a_way.gif

It'll be generic action movie shit. The tryhard attempts at humor in the latest promotional videos have left me with no hope that this will be legitimately good. Also it's a visual mess. Not quite as bad as the TV-show quality of Civil War or Age of Ultron but almost that bad.

>and a mostly good sense of humor
Opinion completely discarded

>Wonder Woman -- Genuinely good movie
I didnt reach this part lmao. WW is barely better than turds like CA1 and Thor 1.

WW is a successful attempt at aping the MCU's mediocrity. SS was a failed attempt of doing it. WW is a really mediocre movie even if it succeeds at being a mediocre blockbuster for the whote family which was what DC was aiming for. Quick cash from retards.

>You can't really go wrong.
Dude, it's Zack Snyder.

He's good at making fun movies, dawn of the dead and 300 are great, his problem is trying to make deep, complex shit like Nolan, that's not his style.

>Two actors in the movie accused of sexual stuff
>Justice League trailer came out this week along with Harvey Weinstein information
>Marvel did so badly at Comic-con this year that no one was actually interested in their shit and it was nothing but people yelling criticisms for pushing progressiveness over good ideas, stories and characters meanwhile DC Rebirth is one of the best relaunches ever and gaining more readers than before
>Joss Whedon is now handling Justice League instead of the original director which means he's going to try and make it look and feel exactly the same as The Avengers so it under performs and critics bash it on release day
>Weinstein has connections with Disney

Somebody wants this movie and the DCEU to fail badly the question is who is it?

look up the Annabelle Creation "contest"

>the question is who is it?
literally everyone?

At this point I would be most disappointed if it was just OK. I either need it to be amazing or a total dumpster fire.
I'm OK with WB cranking out shitty DC movies as long as they're an appropriate caliber of shit.

>dawn of the dead and 300 are great
I wouldn't call them great but they're the only two passable movies he's made. He just fucking sucks.

>>Two actors in the movie accused of sexual stuff
It's only Ben. The Momoa thing is somebody trying to bring back some "controversy" that already happened years ago and nobody ran with it. And the Ben Affleck thing will be forgotten by the time the film gets released, just like the Whedon thing it's completely forgotten now.

He was a moron to go along with it, but it's 100% WB shit.

It was a shitty move on behalf of the press and whoever might be involved in this to stir up more controversy but someone is honestly targeting this movie.

>forgotten
Eh, SJW's will remember and complain about them whenever it's topical but whether or not that has an impact on anything is up for debate.

General consensus goes it’ll be bettar than BvS and SS but worse than WW

When and where was this consensus made?

>mos
shockingly bad, tone def, and pisses on supermans character

>bvs
horrendous trite by someone who thinks they're smart because they read ayn rand

>suicide squad
beyond margot robbie being attractive, not a single positive

>ww
a movie that is just ok, until the ending undoes that.

justice league looked like a dumb zach snyder movie, but now in the current trailers it looks like the hack fraud sensitive joss whedon just re-wrote avengers again.

Man of steel >> Wonder Woman >>>>> POWER GAP >>>>>>> Batman V Superman >>>>>>>>>>>> Suicide Squad

Justice seems like it will fit anywhere between under Wonder Woman and above suicide squad.

Folks are really being over triggered. They feeling alot of things are personally attacks to their person. As well.as digging up anything that would inpact the person or media.
Like last year folks dug up a three year old short Ezramade with a black director about the police who shot the kid in ferugson.
They put all blame on him and tried to deem him a racist cuz he was giving the cop a voice when if you watch it it was going against the cop.

Plus the real Captain Marvel movie is coming out the month before.

In all fairness, Affleck was a great Batman. If you ignore the martha scene, Battfleck was great.

There is literally nothing wrong with CA1 aside from the nitpick that Skull should have looked more gruesome and less smooth & silly.

>mos
>tone def
How?

>>beyond margot robbie being attractive, not a single positive
- Perfect Killer Croc make up.
- Katana looks great.
- While the CGI rendering fails more then not, the Incubus's design is solid, his powers are cool & his intro in the subway is moody & effective.
- Enchantress is effective & menacing early on when she is being Grudge-like.
- Viola is perfectly cast as Waller & does a good job in the role.
- Harley's transformation scene is good.

I would LOVE it if Superman and Batman kept getting shitty movies, but Aquaman got 10/10 gold.

godamn my man shoot yourself in the head

>lots of great action and a mostly good sense of humor, and I really liked the portrayals of Deadshot, Harley, and Diablo.

Damn man, that's some bad taste

>- Perfect Killer Croc make up.
if his jaw could move, i'd agree with you

>- Katana looks great.
if only there was more to her than that.

>- While the CGI rendering fails more then not, the Incubus's design is solid, his powers are cool & his intro in the subway is moody & effective
most of the time i had no idea what was happening when he was doing shit

>- Enchantress is effective & menacing early on when she is being Grudge-like.
literally all she did was belly dance and do a bennidict cumberbatch impression outside of the grudge scenes

>- Viola is perfectly cast as Waller & does a good job in the role.
its a shame they turned her into an idiot that caused all the problems

>- Harley's transformation scene is good.
taking all of the tragedy out of the tragic abuse victim character is good?

goes from a weird scifi space movie to a depressing road movie to an overblow action movie to a wanna be inspirational movie

Superman doesn't deserve more shitty movies since he hasn't had a good one since the 80s

Why the fuck is Cyborg in it and not J'onn?

And you're just gonna go ahead and trust them again with Shazam

I love how Marvel knows nobody gives a shit about Carol so their best hook to get people watching her movie is that "she's the most powerful hero in the MCU!"

because diversity

J'onn could be the perfect victim of discrimination due to his backstory and he could even be played by a black man. But I guess being an alien and subtlety isn't good enough for the SJW autists.

correct

"SJW" is the most idiotic concept. Only really insecure/ignorant people could be that threatened by the idea of standing up for marginalized people.. There's no such thing as giving too much of a shit, despite the fact that there's the occasionally overzealous person.. But those types of people are on all sides.. Just a really empty and counter productive "insult"

>that caused all the problems
that is a key part of Waller's character.
>Harley
>tragic abuse victim character
Fuck off with that tumblr bullshit, she is a masochist with a obsession not a victim.

When people call out SJWs, this is what they are calling them out for, not for standing up for marginalized people.

Literally nothing could be THAT bad.

It almost certainly won't be good, but no way will be it worse than BvS.

>Maybe the ultimate edition will be actually good
It's not. It makes a bit more sense than the theatrical cut but contrary to what the Snyderfags say it still doesn't miraculously become a good movie, let alone the masterpiece they claim.