Why is atheism often associated with high intelligence?

Why is atheism often associated with high intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uAyhz2m-UuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1rarughL4i4
youtube.com/watch?v=Lrif52VQ5kE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

critical thinking > faith indoctrination

Because people who hold logical positions tend to be more intelligent. Though, atheists are not likely far more intelligent than the religious on average, but instead only slightly more intelligent.

Atheism is practically a faith indoctrination at this point in time.

Because most atheists are low-intelligence and it makes the parallel look more striking.

Because they're willing to ask questions about the nature of reality and culture.

If you believe in the supernatural you have a natural detachment from the material which can drastically reduce your material knowledge which is the only way intelligence can be measured.

No, it isn't.
Maybe among americans since you people are crazy religious, but not amongst normal people.

>Epicurus
>Atheist

He was a deist, dumbshit.

That is an interesting and also likely sound way of explaining it. Your doubles confirm.

>material knowledge
>the only way intelligence can be measured
So Plato is less intelligent than some autistic abo who spends all day memorizing the characteristics of different kinds of berries?

Psychometrics are inherently unstable, but Plato had a much more limited worldview and missed thousands more years of knowledge and its practical application.

REAL ATHEIST CANNOT BE LOW INTELLEGENT, COSE ATHEIZM IT MOST DIFICULT RELIGION, BUT MOST POWERFULL

Because of the numerous contradictions in mainstream religions, and that many of them are at least a thousand years old.

No, but Plato was wrong. He existed before the scientific method, so his way of obtaining knowledge was through philosophy (which is a shitty way to go about it). Empiricism came along well after Plato. He isn't dumb for having been wrong, but he was still wrong. That's like saying Aristotle was dumb because he didn't know that the earth revolves around the sun due to the fact that he lived before telescopes. So no, I don't think Plato is dumb, but his conclusions were certainly not reached logically.

Is he memorizing the characteristics in this kind of detail?
youtube.com/watch?v=uAyhz2m-UuQ

Because when you think the sun shines out of your ass you don't want to give anyone else credit for it.

have you seen any footage of atheism and skeptics conferences lately?

Because you can't prove God. If you believe in God you do away with reason.

Because it's associated with rejection of the status quo and therefore was largely associated with critical thinkers throughout history that challenged norms that helped breed a more thoughtful public at large in terms of theological concepts controlling the social norm.

It has since, sadly, become associated with blow up wannabe intellectuals that think signaling their disdain for a sacred cow elevates their importance against those that accomplish far more than them while still believing in god.

All the critical thinkers in terms of 'atheist' movements in the current time have since moved to the label of agnostic because of this, right now we're in transition of atheism meaning more or less rejection of religion for the sake of being edgy rather than wanting a serious talk on theological theories and what benefit and influence they should have in society.

Like Ted Talks and shit?

Vast majority of atheists keep it to themselves

Because the first bunch of outspoken atheists arose when they were surrounded by theists so they must have been thinking outside the box. Obviously, nowadays most atheists are the opposite of any sort of thinker.

Essentially this.

America is full of religious sheep.
This upsets free thinkers so they turn on religion and argue rationally against it.
Other sheep see that something is gaining traction and join in being atheist, making it just like religion after a while.

A lot of very intelligent people are religious.
And how do you even measure intelligence? IQ?
Number of publications?
Number of references?

That's a super fucking retarded thing to say

"Athiesm is a religion like abstinence is a sex position"

>high intelligence is often associated eith athiesm/agnostic/nonreligious
>athiesm (an things like it above) has no relation to intelligence though

To be intelligent you need logic, and following the bible specifically 100 percent requires you to suspend logic.

If i told you my mother was a virgin and that i was executed but came back to life 3 days later you wouldnt believe it ever. We know that to be impossible.

But put it in a mysterious book thats thousands of years old that contains some real wisdom and truth that can help you, it must be all true then right?

The benefit of religion is essentially supposed to be for its wisdom it provides.....but false truths and fake comforting beliefs are also contained. And what good is something when it makes you delusional by taking your ability to be logical and think critically?
>logic and wisdom: can have both

>religion and logic: pick one

An intelligent person would extract the important information from a religion and discard the rest - this requires analyzing and critical thinking AKA logic

A lesser intelligent person would adopt the entire religion because a portion of it makes sense, without thinking about it objectively.

I used to be an athiest but slowly im leaning to the possibility of some "thingy" kickstarting this. Not some old faggot in the sky that looks like us, just something else.
That something else has far bigger issues like fine tuning the reception and keeping the nasty wibbly wobblies outside that try to shitpost in our universe.

That thingy has no invested interest in us and will not act in any way to indicate so. The Doctor was a better god than this thingy prick.

Screw that thingy, this universe is shitty with its rules and wheres my fucking jetpack already?!

As such, I've been developing my own religion to live by. Owls are sacred and a home cooked meal is vita to well being.

Look into deism, famalam

>implying Epicureans were known for their intellects
Jesus, Canada. At least Australia sounds smart. Why do you always sound so fucking retarded?

the "but i'm outside of your box" argument
so fucking childish.

Hey. Anarchy is a political movement and a platform for political parties, despite it being theoretically a lack of political parties and politics.

Same thing with atheism.
In the effort to provide support for atheists and an easy way for people to free themselves from religion atheist communities have practically instituted all of the institutions of a religion.
They have texts of people they consider to be very important and wise scholars of the topic - recommended reading for everyone.
They try to convert people to their way of thinking.
They mock those outside of the group and at times think less of them, in order to create cohesion to make the members of the group feel more accepted despite diverse backgrounds.
They have important figures giving talks to them why their beliefs are correct and how they should live and spread the word.

>religion and logic: pick one
kinda cheeky to say that when the most major religion in the world revers logos.

The two are not mutually exclusive, the only prerequisite is that you have some realism when regarding texts created by humans, transmitted through oral tradition (some for almost a millennium) and then written down in one language, and translated again.

The god of bronze age desert goat fuckers isn't your only option.

youtube.com/watch?v=1rarughL4i4
youtube.com/watch?v=Lrif52VQ5kE

God is a label and people interpret it differently.

I think OP is saying people of higher IQs arent Christian thiests. Which is true, you can find specific studies.

Id rather use the term agnostic. I believe that their is a purpose and a creator. But i do not believe specific attatchments like Jesus being the son of God, or God judging you or answering prayers etc. The christian faith has a very childlike interpretation of the universe and God and i dont think someone who is highly intelligent would adopt all the christian ideology.

Yeah when i said religion i ment hardcore bible thumping christians.

I mean religions like buddism definitely use logic in ways. Im sure there are others.

I guess what i mean is if you favor logic its hard to believe everything christanity is. And if you favor being a christian and the bible its hard to be 100 percent logical

Difficult maybe but certainly not impossible.
Again you have to see the bible as what it is: a book, written by fallible hardly educated humans thousands of years ago, about how they interpreted something divine (or not divine if you don't believe in that)
Calvinists figured this out half a millennium ago. It's only the religious puritans who self exiled themselves to the US who still completely believe in biblical inerrancy.

Most atheist ls are retards that just don't believe in God because it's accepted as more intelligent. These same people were the sheep Christians from 70 years.
Most of the actual intelligent people I know are theist in some way, Christian or not. Faith is always seen as anti intelligent but accepting spirituality in the human condition is a sign of deep thought of individual and society.

Atheist is a fucking cop out, only a handful came to atheism after considerable self reflection and philosophic thought, much less than even Christians

>Most atheist ls are retards
>Atheist is

>Number of publications?
>Number of references?
YEA, IT PART OF ATHEIST RANKING SYSTEM

>taking away free will
>benevolent

Allowing evil to exist is a good thing.

Also people who obsess over intelligence are retards. And atheists are extremely guilty of this autism.

Uhm no.
That's not what i meant.
I meant that trying to assess intelligence is not necessarily as straightforward as people may claim.
Someone could have a super high IQ and still be a deluded SJW.

REEEEEEEEE
EPICURUS DID BELIEVE IN A GOOD YOU FUCKING NIGGERS, STOP CHERRYPICKING HIS QUOTES

and for the last fucking time he was not a hedonist

*god

KEK has blessed my post with doubles. He is truly the most potent angel of the Trinity.

It's not. It's associated with above average intelligence and not superior intelligence.

IQ: 80-110: Accepts religion because it is taught
IQ: 110-125: Denies religion because it is taught
IQ: >125: Accepts Gödel's ontological proof as unrefuted and understands that a rejection of it leads to a rejection of the majority of modal logic and severe ontological collapse

Human nature is savage and barbarous
religion suppresses that

so how do you fags want it ?, live in a world were the intelligent are killed off because they're beta fags or live in one were a belief in eternal fire can resist another mans attempt to kill you because he thinks your a pussy

>and for the last fucking time he was not a hedonist

Yes he was. Ancient greek thought was just so saturated with the doctrine of temperance that even their hedonism found expression through temperance. The fact that hedonism today signifies NEETs who eat tendies non-stop and masturbate to cartoons +3 times a day doesn't detract from the original definition of the term.

Because it used to be a domain of onli some of the highly educated, like in the enlightenment. Besides that's what current fedora tipping atheists like to think of themselves so the perpetuate that meme. In XXIst century secular societies like the Netherlands or Britain it's nothing unusual to not believe in God. You can be a semi literate high school dropout chav and not be a theist because nobody in that society socialized you into religion in the first place.

pic unrelated

He did not advocate the blind indulgence of every pleasure. If you actually read his writings he divided pleasures into 4 categories: natural, unnatural, unnecessary, and necessary. Of those he only advocated the fulfillment of necessary desires. If he was truly a hedonist he wouldn't bother classifying pleasures and advocating only the indulgence of one. He warned against over-indulgence. His philosophy was not about the fulfillment of pleasure; it was about the absence of pain. Even then he did believe that some pains were necessary and good for a person. Among professional philosophers he is actually placed somewhere between Plato and Aristotle ethically in that he actually proposed more moderate ethical guidelines than Aristotle did.

Being a believer has been the norm for all of human history. Even today we're still often taught the idea of a god at a very young and impressionable age.

To become an atheist therefore requires to introspect your own beliefs and the beliefs of your parents and authority figures.
You become an atheist by looking at facts, science, logical arguments and realising what a load of crap your own religion is.
That takes sone intelligence. It also requires you to reject sentimental values akdbcultural pressure based on your own conciction and on the soundness of your arguments.

It's only logical that atheists are seen as intelligent.

What we're seeibg with the newest generation of atheists however is te effect of group thinking and social pressure working for atheism for once. Young, impressionable people visit university and are surrounded by liberals, non religious, atheists and most of their authority figures are also atheists.

So becoming an atheist no longer requires you to go against society, it is encouraged.

That's the reason why young atheists seem so stupid.

>I think OP is saying people of higher IQs arent Christian thiests.
I think what OP was shitposting, not really trying to prompt intelligent discussion; had that been the case, he would have posted more than once. He just wanted replies. You seem intelligent however, so I'll address some things you say.
>it is true that Christians have lower IQs, you can find specific studies
You can find specific studies saying nearly anything you want to confer the authority of science to. Meta-analytical audits of journal publications routinely reflect that a majority of peer reviewed papers results are never replicated, and are essentially not worth having been published by the most basic standards. We've built an advancement industry that essential churns out publications for connected people, never to be read, never to be replicated, never to be taken seriously -- most of which wind up as headlines on clickbait news outlets.

That's the state academia is in today, similar to politics; corrupt and imploding. We routinely hear "studies show conservatives are less educated", which then get reported as "right wingers have lower IQs" -- but somehow, when you do an assay of the majority of output, especially in terms of major axiom-shifting work, the vast majority of output comes from people of European Christian heritage.

Not that I would argue that being Christian somehow confers ability or intelligence, just that it's common for famous mathematicians, for example, to be theists. It's so common, it's conspicuous. It's often discussed by mathematicians. Is it a result of common neurology? No one knows, but its there to observe.

A great example of a Christian, theist mathematician. This is his attempted proof for the existence of God.

Based, don't think I've ever seen anyone bring up Godel on Sup Forums

The guy was really on to something revolutionary

you have to have an IQ of under 85 to actually believe your religion and not just be virtue signaling like most white people, it's why people are only legitimately willing to die for their faith in low IQ hellholes like africa and the middle east, because they are so stupid they honestly believe their masters when they tell them they'll be going to heaven

YHWH is both all evil and all good. He i everything in fact. The bible literally says this many times. Isaiah 45:7 off the top of my head.

Because of popularizers of science like Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye (who isn't even a scientist he only has a bachelor's in engineering)

religion is a pillar of civilisation but that's none of my business

>Being a believer has been the norm for all of human history. Even today we're still often taught the idea of a god at a very young and impressionable age.

Not really. As a former religious person now atheist my expirience with secular westerners was that they do not even have a concept of metaphisical objectivism. They have no idea what it really is like to believe in god and seem completely unable to comprehend it. When you talk with them long enough ( I talked to young Dutch, Swedes and Britons, all atheist) they think that religious people now and in the past couldn't REALLY believe that because it is so irrational to them.

That backfires severely when completely secular leadership of Western Europe imports muslims. Then they want to install Sharia nad start killing blasphemers and Kaffirs and the atheist leaders are often like:
- what do you want Achmed? Welfare? Programs? Jobs? Eductaion? Sports center?
- I want to install a caliphate here and kill nonbelievers because that is the will of God. I also want to die a martyr and go to paradise
- So you want less social inequality, more welfare and better job prospects? How much money does your community want? We can increase diversity funding and give you a better eductaion so that you can work in a nice corporation and make a lot of money

It is futiile. So it is not as you say that in atheist countries people are still still socialized into god. God is so dead there they don't even understand what its like to believe in him. And it backfires badly.
>To become an atheist therefore requires to introspect your own beliefs and the beliefs of your parents and authority figures.
No you can be a semi literate criminal Dutch chav who was just never socialized into religion. "Atheism laways requires critical thinking everyone look at me I am so special and ciritical" is a meme pushed by fedora tippers. You can be badly educated or have cult like secular political beliefs and still be totally atheist.

Godel was a theist, Einstein (no matter what anyone thinks of him) was a theist, Newton was a theist, Leibniz was a theist, Pythagoras was a theist, Socrates was a theist. Galileo Galilei and Leonardo da Vinci were theists. William Ockham, Francis Bacon, J Kepler, Rene Decartes, Blaise Pascal, Robert Boyle, Gottfried Leibniz, Issac Newton, Carlolus Linneas, Daniel Bernoulli, Louis Pasteur, Lord Kelvin, William Henry Bragg, Robert Millikan, John Boyd Orr, Agnes Gilberne, John Eccles, Max Plank, John Polkinghorne -- all theists.

The man who created the Big Bang Theory was a Catholic priest

Are you really gonna try to say he wasn't a true believer in his religion?

Religion board when? Discussing it is a waste of time and should be banned from Sup Forums.

there's scientific research out there showing that religious people have a lower IQ than atheists, just like women and men and blacks and whites. christfags on this board will greatly accept the findings into race differences but will never accept they have a lower IQ than atheist, remaining eternally BTFO and showing everyone of higher intelligence how hypocritical they are

>Sup Forums should be run according to my standards

Fuck off

If you think it's a waste of time then just hide the thread, kid

Plato was blown the fuck out repeatedly by a homeless dude who jerked off in public, bit people, and even told Alexander the Great to fuck off to his face.
>Plato was discoursing on his theory of ideas and, pointing to the cups on the table before him, said while there are many cups in the world, there is only one `idea’ of a cup, and this cupness precedes the existence of all particular cups. “I can see the cups on the table,” said Diogenes, “but I can’t see the `cupness'”. “That’s because you have the eyes to see the cup,” said Plato, “but”, tapping his head with his forefinger, “you don’t have the intellect with which to comprehend `cupness’.” Diogenes walked up to the table, examined a cup and, looking inside, asked, “Is it empty?” Plato nodded. “Where is the `emptiness’ which precedes this empty cup?” asked Diogenes. Plato allowed himself a few moments to collect his thoughts, but Diogenes reached over and, tapping Plato’s head with his finger, said “I think you will find here is the `emptiness’.
>Plato was applauded for his definition of man as a featherless biped, so Diogenes the Cynic “plucked the feathers from a cock, brought it to Plato’s school, and said, ‘Here is Plato’s man.’”

Fuck off to /x/ with your false delusions, religious nut. Sage

If you are such a high IQ ubermensch you should post links to these papers not just say "There's research". I swear the atheist community seems to be made mostly of angsty reddit tier "le scientists" who don't even bother to make proper arguments and "rational thinkers" who wouldn't be able to define reason if you paid them

t. Atheist

I actually agree with you. Which is why I bitched about the new uni bred generation of atheists.
They did not go through the process of rejection of religion based on their logical conclusions.
Former atheists did that.

Same reason why quasi religious theories like BLM, modern feminism and SJW crap are so huge in universities.

Students who reject those mainstream theories are now going through what atheists went through before.

Listing people like that is a terrible argument for theism, because not only each thinker had a different concept of God, but also because most of them were into all sorts of weird shit.

Newton believed in alchemy and occultism. Leibniz believed in monads. Pythagoras and Socrates both believed in metempsychosis. Einstein believed in socialism. And so on.

For the beginning was fine. However, if we kept religion as it was since the start, we would be on the Stone Age yet.
Spanish Inquisition for example.

>Einstein believed in socialism
Nice one pal. Here is your (You)

Thing is Newton is right, you have to be able to completely believe in something and be able to be completely opposed to it at the same time. God is a complete balance, we must be able to see like God to see things through.?

Atheism is big in the middle class which is quite big in the west. Religion is usually associated with the low classes and the high classes nowadays. And the lower class is just way more numerous

No

Because they are euphoric and try to explain away their autism and assburgers as intelligence.

Atheists are at mount stupid in general.

Because for a long time in order to encounter atheist philosophy you had to either be book smart or college educated. Most religious people are just religious by default and have no interest in philosophy. It's changing though, now, since atheism is all over the internet, and now the low IQ people who would have just said "Yeah, God exists, or whatever" are saying "can God make a rock so heavy he cant lift it lmao"

Atheism is only about calling something that isn't God "God" and saying that it doesn't exist.

>Listing people like that is a terrible argument for theism
It wasn't an argument for theism. It was a counter-example to the claim made that Christian theists tend to be low IQ. I responded that the vast majority of mathematical and scientific geniuses had been theists. If you had bothered following the exchange, you would have noticed I posted that being Christian doesn't confer intelligence on anyone, but that it was conspicuous how mathematicians in particular tend to be theists of some sort. "Perhaps common neurological traits" I said.

I'm not going to read the rest of your post, since the first line was such nonsene. Get yourself straightened out.

Then define god, please.

>underrated

IMO, faith is almost always a product of someone's environment. Either they grew up with it, where everyone they know is religious, and they have a great family (if you hate your family your more likely to re-think religion). Then there are those that become religious later in life because they experience hardship.

Generally, those who don't have hardships and are intelligent have more time and space to realize and think they don't need religion.

In today's society, most people don't have hardships and not being religious is socially acceptable so it's natural to see a lot more people becoming atheist. I don't see the trend reversing unless we encounter a huge economic depression or WW3

Because much of the Earth is still occupied by societies in which children are taught theism of various kinds as part of childrearing. In such societies, the easy default is theism and in most cases it takes intellectual courage to look beyond theism.

Also because Abrahamic religions are idiotically stupid and obviously are basically just the orally transmitted folk-traditions and guides for living of Stone Age herdsmen.

Unfortunately, cults like Christianity, Islam, and Judaism get lumped together with authentic spirituality under the single word "religion". In reality, the scientific mysticism and skeptical open-mindedness of a real spiritual person, of one who is genuinely exploring, has nothing in common with the ritual, puppetry, and child-brainwashing practiced by the so-called Abrahamic "religions" and their cohorts.

You're an idiot who completely missed his point.

>define God

Lmao silly mortal

This pst does not even make sense but I'll just say

>who is Giardano Bruno
>what is De Umbris Idearum

>Spanish Inquisition for example.

Spanish inquisition wasn't that bad, they actually bothered to conduct an inquisitio, which was some sort of investigation procedure and let a large number of people free because of that, which was very new in the middle ages and a step forward in development of criminal procedures which with time resulted in the development of a modern justice system.

Of course being men of the middle ages you shouldn't expect too much from them and they still tortured a number of people and killed some but that was no different form secular criminal procedures by your average local knight and his men.

They were also targeting "heretics", who were total cultist fanatics just with unorthodox views, so they were not hunting some mythical "freethinkers"

Now don't get me wrong, as an Atheist I am glad the inquisition is gone and the witch trials no longer exist. I don't see them as "good" people, just men of their times. Modern atheist community tends to blow things out of proportion with them and make them into a boogeyman, where it was actually the" "heretics" - aka the protestants of the XVI XVII and XVIII cent that were the most avid witch hunters. Lacking any connection to roman law and a central beaurocratic law based inquisitorial process of the Roman church (which did not include mandatory torture contrary to the memes but it sometimes happened, actually often at the pressure from secular power which maintained the torture infrastructure, the inquisitors were just monks, the law enforcement assisting them was local) all it took was a preacher shouting "witch" and the pyre was ready. So ironically, free from the yoke of the vatican inquisition and catholic doctrine people were free to burn way more witches than the inquisition ever did.

As I said they weren't "good guys" but a secular reasonable impartial justice system is a very modern invention and the meme that the inquisition was particularily terribe is just odd.

>counter-example to the claim made that Christian theists tend to be low IQ
>lists outliers who lived in theistic societies
That's even worse. For each Newton there are thousands of low IQ Christians in Africa. Listing a few dozens of them in a span of millennia isn't counter-example of anything.

Also, "common neurological traits" my ass, some of those geniuses believed in fucking astrology. You might as well have said that women have neurological traits in common with the greatest minds of all time because they read horoscopes.

God is formless, describing something by words gives it a define form so you can't describe God by words. The only way to understand God is to experience it, meaning to experience a higher dimension than the physical's. The reason people don't believe in God is that they have a mind so dense they can't even slightly feel the existence of the spiritual realm.

Holy fuck someone make a le amerigan spurdo picture of this, PLEASE

>American """"""""""intellectuals""""""""""

>Most atheist ls are retards that just don't believe in God because it's accepted as more intelligent.
You nailed it. This is all fault of faggots that sold themselves like Dawkins and Bill Nye. Same with that tv program atheist experience.
Now you have atheists that don't use rational thinking, otherwise they would call themselves agnostic atheists, like Dawkins and Nye.

Btw, atheism DOESN'T MAKE PEOPLE LIBERAL. People who are liberal are more likely to be atheist.

It is not.

Most humans follow what is fashionable. What is fashionable right now is atheism. You will find a great number of philosophers and scientists who are both atheist and theist. Particularly if you are interested in the Greeks - as your picture lead me to assume - I recommend starting with the pre-socratics. Heraclitus is my favorite. Work through deductive and inductive logic, then the scientific method.

Then tell me what you think about your interest in god or the lack thereof.

I FUCKING HATE how 'atheism' is used as a shorthand for 'I'm hip and smart'.

Redpill me
Why would Epicurus talk about omnipotent gods when during his time roman and greek pantheons were anything but

>Heraclitus is my favorite
Based.

Atheism is based on reason.

Religion is based on emotion.

It's what seperates man from the feminists.

>the top scientists of history are outliers
>they were the product of theistic societies
So, you're arguing that A.) theistic societies produced the greatest minds throughout history, B.) they were OUTLIERS who were TYPICAL products of their socieites, C.) therefore, "normative deviants".

Oxymorons are fun.

There's nothing special about atheism. It just takes above average intelligence to question things seemingly taken for granted by everyone around you. If you pay any attention, you will also notice that the correlation between atheism and high intelligence grows weaker as leftist dogma becomes more mainstream.

>Btw, atheism DOESN'T MAKE PEOPLE LIBERAL

That is true but modern atheist communities and movements seem to always subscribe to the cult of secular humanism (liberty equality fraternity) which is completely deatached from reality and north korea-tier demented.

Henced you have dawkins, an accomplished evolutionary biologist and author of "the selfish gene" being terrified of saying anything racist and compromising his cultish social beliefs. It's impossible to get him to say obvious things, like that the Pigmys and the Danes are not "equal" and the first ones will never be as wealthy and advanced because they evolved differently not because of "racism". Fanatical secular humanism, the cult of human rights even if there are a million niggers a year pouring in, rampart egalitarianism against all reason, logic and evidence is the domain of most of the Atheist "community". Proudly declaring that they ditch religious bigotry and prejudice they say they are now "secular humanists" not noticing that they jumped from one cult to another.

Just watch them first rave about "fundies" denying evolution and then declare that men and wome are completely equal or that all races are the same and all biological differences between goups are imaginary social constructs.

Atheism can be based in reason or emotion. Theism can be based in reason or emotion. Being anti-feminist can be driven purely by your virginal rage for being a fat shrimp dick with no social skills, or it can be because you realize its hypocritical after studying it and reflecting on what your learned.

Take the following proof of God's existence for example. It's not the result of excessive emotionalism. I've never met a woman, even those working in the math department, who know the name Godel, or heard of his ontological proof.

Heraclitus was water wasnt he?

>average polack doesn't like feminism
>insults everyone he doesn't agree with
>insults caused by anger, fear and hate

You're not a special snowflake kiddo, you're as emotional as anyone.

>they were OUTLIERS who were TYPICAL products of their socieites
Are you retarded? The fact that most societies were theistic doesn't make the presence of geniuses a product of theism nor outliers typical of theistic societies.

That was Thales.

You have 'warmed' a special place in my heart. Heraclitus is not well known these days, unfortunately.

He was one of the oldest 'traditionalists' we have recorded evidence of. To paraphrase:

"I will speak of the logos, but you will not understand it. If experience taught men wisdom, all old men would be wise."

I dont need threats of divine punishment in order not to behave like a degenerate. I can actually think of myself. Religion was invented with a sole purpose of keeping uneducated and stupid masses in line.