Brit/pol/ - Commons Remoaners Edition

THIS is the size of the Remain majority on the Commons
>uk.businessinsider.com/majority-house-of-commons-against-brexit-2016-11

Former UK Army Chief: Trump ‘Might Make The World Safer’
>breitbart.com/london/2016/11/03/former-uk-army-chief-trump-might-actually-make-world-safer/

Lord Dubs cucks governments into taking more refugees
>huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/lord-dubs-child-refugees-calais-lords-defeat-concessions-safeguarding_uk_581b8711e4b09d57a9a817b5?utm_hp_ref=uk

If the Brexit process is put in the hands of Remain MPs, the whole referendum was pointless
>ibtimes.co.uk/if-brexit-process-put-hands-remain-mps-whole-referendum-was-pointless-1589729

A whopping 86% of Germans would vote for Clinton for US president
>euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/if-europe-could-vote-in-the-us-election/

Brexit will stop UK house price growth in 2017 - Savills
>uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-property-idUKKBN12Z001

Pound rises to 1.249 versus the dollar after High Court ruling
>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3900944/The-pound-soars-against-dollar-High-Court-rules-MPs-given-vote-trigger-Article-50-start-Brexit-talks.html

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3903608/Judges-shameful-slow-handclap-Gove-ANDREW-PIERCE-reveals-trio-crowd-jeered-Lord-Chancellor-white-tie-banquet.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The referendum was pointless from day one, it was never legally binding

The tabloids today are hilarious. Independent judges are "Enemies of the people" because they ruled for the sovereignty of Parliament. You literally couldn't make it up.

It should have been pointed out before.
I mean, Remainers should have made the point before that even if they lose, they hold the elite positions and hence can simply block the democratic vote.
It has simply come as a surprise to people.

To be fair, parliament and politicians exist because it wouldn't be practical to have everyone in the country vote about every little decision on the running of the country.
So you elect a bunch of people who are suppose to represent you (and a large group of people) and make these decisions on your behalf.

If said elected representatives don't vote for the Brexit, they are enemies of the people because their job is to represent the people and the people voted for the Brexit.

So you don't want a democratically elected Parliament to be involved in negotiating Brexit? How else would we go about it?

I think parliament is there to represent the public.
In cases where you have a national referendum, parliament's job is already done; the will of the people has already been decided in the vote.

Parliament should not be used to block the will of the people, that is basically the exact opposite of what it is supposed to be for.

Parliament can be involved in negotiations and discussions, but that isn't what is happening. Read the pro-Remain press. They view this as a chance to stop Brexit, not to merely take part in negotiations.

Peter Hitchens was right, we need a government with a mandate to get out.

We need to demand a general election and vote for Eurosceptic MPs.

Authority does not exist, because authority is compliance. All that anyone can do when you refuse to obey them is threaten to coerce you into compliance by the use of force. Essentially, they are trying to leverage your fear in their favor to bring you to submission.

No one has to do a fucking thing anyone else tells them, ever. Not objectively, anyway.

When did this country of mine become so cucked user?

Status update on Brexit?

>Lord Dubs

Check 'em.

If the parliament is sovereign rather than your people, then the people are inevitably subjects. I know the British experience with democracy and the social contract regarding it is different than here in the States but that's a terrifying prospect to lay naked on the table to me. A complete destruction of the guiding principle and ideal of democracy in the 20th and 21st century. It becomes that the government owns the people, not that the people own the government.

It's fine for Parliament to take the lead negotiating on Brexit given there is more accountability than with unelected officials doing so, but if your parliament does >Read the pro-Remain press. They view this as a chance to stop Brexit, not to merely take part in negotiations.

Then they are subordinating the will of the people for their own mercurial whims.

Do that and brexit will lose. They will be able to frame the MPs in narratives independent of Brexit: "Oh you support Brexit? Well your MP choice A supports Brexit but he also supports raising taxes/gutting the NHS/some wedge issue boogeyman. MP Choice B is a remainer but they support all these things you approve of"

Then when pro-EU MPs are elected they can claim their mandate is entirely from supporters of remaining.

Redpill me on Northern Ireland

t.ourist

Nothing changed since yesterday.

Remainers on parliament being able to vote on brexit: "ah yes very good I certainly hope our elected officials put a stop to this as the point of an MP is to vote for what's best for us not blindly follow public opinion"

Remainers on parliament voting in favour of the snoopers charter: "REEEEEEEEE I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THIS REEEEEEEEE PARLIAMENT IS ILLEGITIMATE REEEEEEEE"

Christ the cognative dissonance is hilarious. On /r/unitedKingdom this is actually happening on the front page.

>Status update on Brexit?

Dunno lad, May has gone into hiding

>In Bosnia and Herzegovina, a post-Yugoslav country still divided along ethnic lines, the Bosniaks in downtown Sarajevo (mainly Muslim) support Clinton, while the Serbs in the Eastern district of the capital have a clear preference for Trump.

Clinton confirmed Muslim candidate

We need Donald to win so he can fund the Brexit forces in the coming civil war.

Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi visited the White House in October and made statements which can be interpreted as support for Clinton.

“My personal opinion is that the name of future has to be freedom. The name of the future has to be education not intolerance, sustainability not distraction, trust not hate, bridge[s] not walls,” he said, in an apparent reference to Trump’s declared ambition to build a wall on the US border with Mexico.

God damnit Europeans are cucked.

One of the only places in the UK you will find genuine British patriotism

>Trying this hard

There's no negotiations or discussions because May doesn't know what the fuck she's doing.

This whole Brexit debate was framed in the way of sovereignty of the British government, now the government are being forced to be sovereign on an issue and the press are bitching.

Friendly reminder Brexit WILL get voted through parliament because the Tories will whip their backbenchers into line and Labour can't afford to have a general election right now so they'll vote for it too.

So don't worry.

That's even assuming this dumb ruling makes it past Supreme Court in the first place.

>remaniacs already doing the "everyone who didn't vote agrees with my side therefore you don't have a majority"

Who are the high court judges responsible for the "parliament must vote" thing?
And how many of them love "europe"?

>There's no negotiations or discussions because May doesn't know what the fuck she's doing.

And Remainers are helping the process by blocking the triggering of Article 50 and the official negotiations period, are they?

Judges love the EU.

Gove, a lead Brexiteer, gave a speech at a banquet celebrating the UK judiciary, and they hated him.

In contrast a pro-EU globalist gave a speech and the judges loved him.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3903608/Judges-shameful-slow-handclap-Gove-ANDREW-PIERCE-reveals-trio-crowd-jeered-Lord-Chancellor-white-tie-banquet.html
By contrast, an earlier speech by Lord Mountevans, the Lord Mayor of London – a millionaire Swedish-born ship broker – was greeted with whoops, cheers, and clapping when he attacked the result and some of those who had voted Leave.

‘The referendum debate shone a light on all UK institutions and industries including our justice system,’ he said.

‘As head of the City of London Corporation, and ambassador for all UK financial services, I – we – made our position clear.

'For businesses, employees and our communities – we wanted to remain in the EU.’

This drew the night’s loudest cheers.

Simple question to you britons: Some said that your MPs won`t dare to question the referendum, but isn`t it in their interest to vote just like their county did?

Also how likely is a general election in 2017?

Why wouldn't the tory BBers and half the cabinet revolt? They can't lose a general election.

Any of the three judges directly remain though?
Looking for.. Reasons..

if they vote how theyr constituency did ittl be a 420 to 240 majority to Leave

Aside from this incident I mean.
Not sure if judges remain user.

And the House of Lords?

Triggering article 50 will require an act of parliament, according to David Davis, which'll mean it'll have to get through the SJW Lords.

Literally no one knows. Some say parliament would pass it, others say they'd vote against it.

Who knows how they'll, it's up to them. They're stuck between party politics and their constituents. BBers have nothing to lose, not sure what the whips can do to enforce this apart from expulsion.

anything happen on QT?

>Also how likely is a general election in 2017?

Depends on if the Supreme court overrule yesterdays ruling on the 7th Dec I think (I don't think they will), if it isn't overturned then a general election is a high probability.

Really?! Wow.

Source?

> 420

*Depends on if the Supreme courts overruling of yesterdays ruling which is on the 7th Dec I think

> 660 seats in the commons

No m8

Lads I think I'm going to convert to Islam so I'll be on the winning side when the caliphate rises. Anyone else?

>Not knowing 420 + 240 = 660
sounds like someone failed GCSE maths

Unlikely.

You mean you'll first against the wall when we win

Based

so brexit isn't happening?

it is but it will likely be delayed

iattempting to stop it would result in there being a massive amount of politicians' blood spilled on the streets

MP's will honestly die like flies if they block it. They won't be so stupid.

>Triggering article 50 will require an act of parliament, according to David Davis, which'll mean it'll have to get through the SJW Lords.

All the lords can do is put it through parliament again. They can't actually block anything.

It's rather hard to say.

Supreme Court could throw out the high court's decision and if not then MPs could theoretically vote the same way their constituents did and it would pass.

The remain MPs will probably try and talk it to death though.

>that face
>25

Jesus Christ

>you share the nation with these people
Ugh...

>All the lords can do is put it through parliament again. They can't actually block anything.
They can just keep sending it back to the Commons, no?

Think that's bad?

Wait, this was all caused by a foreign hedge fund manager? I thought the lefties hated those people, fuck the 1% and all that.

>They can just keep sending it back to the Commons, no?
it gets forced through after a certain amount of tries

No. It goes through eventually regardless.

lefties don't hate anything but white civilisation

Lad, we should try do something good for once instead of shitposting and ruining QT. Get a pen and paper, write to your MP and tell them that if it comes to it they should vote to leave the EU in Parliament as it is the will of the people.

That evil hooker looks old for 25

Compare: 25 year old Asian girl

Look at those feet. Bet they smell fucking amazing.

already tweeted her telling her to 'act wisely' and got a few retweets and likes

my constituency voted 66% to leave

she can fuck off if she votes remain

bet they smell like feet

Question Time was shite yesterday

still better than reading about fake child sex stories, reading drumpf and ctr every post here though

Leave wins by an even greater margin when done by FPTP, kek

I don't ever venture outside of Brit/pol/ 2bh

anyone else feel kinda bad for Corbyn?

This is why you go for a handwritten letter. It barely takes a minute to send out a tweet but a letter has far more weight to it, the matter was important enough for you to send a few minutes writing it, posting it and getting a stamp.

>Remainer cucks think MPs won't vote the way their constituencies voted in the referendum

At least he believes in SOMETHING, even if it is islamic communism

25 going on 45? Is she a refugee or something?

>where's the booze?

can you send them so they can't tell where it came from? never sent a letter before.

Bet she wishes she could step in and sort this shit out.

No. He's commie scum and deserves all the hate.

I cannot scrounge up a single ounce of pity for Corbyn, he represents the cancer of the left and I hate him. He's this 'working class champion' when he is exactly the same as his opponents.

Privately schooled, career politicians.

As long as you don't write a return address, yeah.

I like that no one could even remember the name of the lib dem guy.

What do you reckon her maj drinks?

Red Stripe

I'd assume some kind of strong, expensive spirit
But she doesn't drink to excess

Jager bombs.

Lets be honest here lads, there's only one drink.

Stop posting this ugly cunt.

She looks like Luther from the Warriors.

GOOD MORNING.

Just been for a walk with the dogs to the shops, kek'ed at the papers this morning Based Right Wing British press upsetting the left once again.

Holy Water

You're all wrong.

-------------------------
Dear Victoria

I voted Conservative at the 2015 general election based on the promise of a EU Referendum if there were to be a Conservative majority.

Given how you you declared support for 'Remain' during the referendum, can you indicate whether or not you would support Theresa May in a parliamentary vote on the triggering of Article 50, in line with the wishes of the British people, and the majority of your constituents, myself included.

Yours Sincerely
user
---------------------

I didn't actually vote conservative, but I need to make her think I'll be switching if she opposes the motion in parliament

>lying
Rude

>not voting ukip
you got what u wished for

Send your MP a photograph of Joe cox.

From an outside perspective, the thing that annoys me the most about this is the absolutely disingenuous way in which those that support remaining, including Australians like me that have no idea about the actual issues, engage in the debate. I see posts all the time, written by people who get their opinions verbatim from the most left-leaning panelist on Q&A that week, that seem to suggest their primary concerns are the slim margin by which leave won and that fact that voter turnout wasn't literally 100%. I can absolutely guarantee that these people wouldn't be questioning the "integrity of our poor, manipulated democratic process" had they won.

It's really quite disgusting.

I don't think she really cares desu user.

She has her big house(s), her guards always surrounding her with handguns and assault rifles, she hasn't got anything to worry about.

Don't you go outside with that butterknife though.

damn and i though my ex looked a little older for 25 this bitch looks 40

And get a free guaranteed visit from MI5/GCHQ!

>numbers of commons votes before signing maastricht or lisbon

Reminder, many MP's are actually corrupt and despite earning £70,000+ annually will grease the wheels of the system to grab at even more of taxpayers money.

>SNP MP's putting their children on as 'personal assistants' on taxpayer salaries of 30k+ a year each.
>SNP MP's abusing the system to get tens of thousands of pounds into their pockets.
>MP's of every party claiming on their expenses for everything from duck houses to fucking biscuits.

Legitimately think we need the death penalty for corruption because it will always happen if there is low risk high reward. That's basic human psychology.