Why was season 3 the only genuinely good season?

Why was season 3 the only genuinely good season?

You got it wrong, OP: >Book 1: bad
>Book 2: horrendous
>Book 3: passable
>Book 4: bad

No season of TLoK was actually "good". Large chunks of Season 3 were well crafted, like how the beginning of Season 1 felt extremely similar in feel and aura of AtLA. But no season was fully competent in their final renditions, and as such no season in TLoK was truly "good".

That's not how yo spell "season 1".

Henry Rollins

good villains

> Book 3
> Keeps hyping up the Red Lotus' "Master Plan."
> No one has no idea what they trurly want from Korra.
> Turns out it's just killing her in the Avatar State.
> With those green caves it was literally a rip-off of the Book 2 Earth finale.

What a load of shit.

> With those green caves it was literally a rip-off of the Book 2 Earth finale.
Ironically the actual fight scenes ripped off the Book 3 finale much more.

Is the Avatar franchise done? Dead? Put out behind the woodshed and had its brains blown out?

>good villains
If shiny new bending powers equal good villains to you...
We knew less about three them than we did about Zhao.

They could just reboot it and ignore LOK, but to actually fix things they'd have to redo Book 3 (and the Book 2 finale) from the original, so...

>but to actually fix things they'd have to redo Book 3 (and the Book 2 finale) from the original, so..
wow, ten years after the end of the series and Zutarians are still fucking mad

I'm talking about a series that would follow Ehasz's original vision in every major respect, not just Zutara.

Korra's massive breasts.

if his plan didn't involve the Gaang just dicking around for most of Season 3, then I agree with that part. I don't know why you need to fuck with the Book 2 finale, though.

user... the first part of your posts answers the second. Make the connection.

it actually doesn't, but okay. they weren't forced down one path because Aang got shot by lightning, or whatever you think the problem was.

But I liked S4, kinda.

They were largely forced down that path because Zuko suddenly switched back to the bad side.

Four words: Zaheer, P'li, Ghazan, Ming-Hua

How much do you really need to know? Red lotus is an offshoot reaction to the white lotus and they are basically anarcho primitivists. I don't see the need to go further detail except maybe for why they are so talented or how they became disillusioned.

What unironically horrific taste.

I won't apologize.

It made a decent return to the Atla formula of travelling and exploration. It primarily focused on building up a conflict rather than resolving one, and lastly i'm sad to say but Korra wasn't the main focus for the majority of the season which meant she didn't need to prop up the villains by losing to them. And also it felt like the characters all acted naturally and in characer throughout everything felt smooth (with a few exceptions like Zaheers skill and Bolins Lavabending). It was a little slow to get going, but the final couple of episodes were pretty intense so most tend to foget that.

Book 1 was the only season worth watching, and that was largely due to the animation which took a nosedive in later seasons. Also, as shitty as it was, Korras arc was already wrapped up in Book 1. There was no reason to continue it.

the only reason you think they were forced down that path is probably because you think Ehasz's vision was the only correct way to go. it was *a* solution they could have went with, and it probably would have went better, but it wasn't THE solution to Season 3.

there were multiple ways the plot could have proceeded, either with Zuko switching sides or not. they hadn't written themselves into a corner.

They were all bad for a variety of reasons, but season 3 was the most enjoyable.