Adventure Time

New episode (or four) this Wednesday on Amsterdam.

>Our first special will include a screening of four episodes and a Q&A with showrunner Adam Muto. So if you’ve got any burning questions on the Land of Ooo, Princess Bubblegum, or the Enchiridion, well, we don’t know if they’ll answer them all, but you can always try!

klik.amsterdam/festival/program-details/475

>Our first special will include a never-before-seen episode and a Q&A with a member of the creative team. So if you’ve got any burning questions on the Land of Ooo, Princess Bubblegum, or the Enchiridion, well, we don’t know if they’ll answer them all, but you can always try!

eyefilm.nl/en/film/klik-cartoon-network-adventure-time?program_id=11819563

Other urls found in this thread:

cn.sug.rocks/2017-10-15
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why are the burning this show now?

For more TTGo reruns.

Isn't this show halfway through it's last season? Christ what a sad death

>New episode (or four) this Wednesday on Amsterdam.
okay this was unexpected

There are only 12 episodes left, but CN really wants to get rid of AT as soon as possible.

Why? The last season was actually rly good.

Cartoon Network is literally killing their channel just to divert kids to their app

>no new episodes for nearly a month
>dump them out in groups of four

Why do they do this? Half the time I don't even notice these bombs, and when I do I forget about the show like a week later because there is literally zero info on when it will air next, so I'll never go watch the next batch unless I notice a promotion for them. Are they deliberately trying to kill their shows?

They're trying to kill any show that isn't called TTG for two years.

Also they're going to show the episodes on an animation festival. They're not going to air the episodes on their channel for a while (that is, until CN announces another Bomb out of nowhere)

im canadian and have been loyally watching AT for years via download (I was a huge fan of the original pilot for years before it was picked up)

i never followed the fandom or drama though

how come AT is dying supposedly? why is CN fucking with it and its schedule? last night I saw a thread where it was only airing saturday at 6am

how come people dont like the lastest stuff?

Is it that last Marceline episode they've announced?

People, and especially fans, are fickle. If a show does not provide new content regularly, they will find something else to latch onto. It does not help if they feel slighted by the direction a show takes either. And it certainly does not help if the station airing said show has a schedule that does not care about a well balanced schedule and promotions.

>tfw such fond nostalgic memories of being 15 when season 1 of Adventure Time and Regular Show starting airing
Such a shame to see both shows fizzle out without much fanfare

All this, especially the show direction. If they feel slighted (which the show has done many times) then there are other shows to jump onto at the moment.

>how come AT is dying supposedly?
Season 5 and 6 drove off a lot of fans who jumped ship to Steven Universe. Season 7 and 8 brought a lot of people back, but CN isn't advertising the episodes.

>why is CN fucking with it and its schedule?
Some indian jackass called Vishnu Athreya. He's responsible for the countless TTGo reruns on the american channel. He was also responsible for a lot of reruns of Oggy and the Cockroaches on CN Asia before CN US hired him.

Marcy and Hunson? Probably. Or Seventeen, since this is the next episode after Bonnibel Bubblegum.

what are the slights?

and what was wrong about 5/6 thats not with 7/8?

was it the flame princess stuff?

>and what was wrong about 5/6 thats not with 7/8?
A lot of stuff.
>the entire FP breakup fiasco
>Pen Ward stepping down as producer
>Bubblegum's questionable methods
>Lemongrab and Lemonhope
>The Red Throne
>Finn getting his "arm" back
>Something Big
>The lack of humor and more philosophical stuff
>the darker tone
>the comet arc and its anti-climatic closure

Seasons 7 and 8 is where the writers and Adam decided to get their shit together.

wtf is wrong with this fucking channel

as a canadian kid I wanted CN sooo bad and never got it

now its just embarassing

>Bubblegum's questionable methods
why is this a problem? oh no they make a ruler character morally ambiguous how dare they
>Lemongrab and Lemonhope
that was great
>Something Big
underdeveloped but not really terrible either
>The lack of humor and more philosophical stuff
humour didn't instantly disappear from the show, and what was wrong with philosophical stuff?

its probably the fault of people who watch online.

CN airs it at 4am and expects everyone to pirate it anyways so they make the scene groups get up early

I just found Season 6 shitty myself. That was the one with Breezy right? Still the worst episode ever. I can't remember why at this point, I typically only watch AT episodes once maybe twice.

To be fair (more directed at everyone ITT), it's crazy when you consider that AT has over 200 episodes by now. It sucks that the show is apparently just fizzling out than getting a real ending, but I'd show has definitely ran its course at 200+ episodes.

I mean, I can't remember why I hated the rest of Season 6. Breezy, I still remember very clearly being a fucking creepy episode.

Is this real? Why do they air TTG so much when they have many other shows?

i must have watched it fucked up on drugs because I vaguely remembered it but certainly didnt remember the rape scene

also the AT episode that pissed me off was "chips and ice cream". at some point they were trying way too hard to be quirky

Wtf never expected my little swamp country to be relevant for first airings like this. I could even buy myself a ticket and go but...no. I'd rather watch it for free and I don't have time to go either next week.

What was so bad about the episode Lemonhope? I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember enjoying it.

I guess they really love the bomb format for story driven shows.

Looks like there's reruns tomorrow.
cn.sug.rocks/2017-10-15

they keep finding new ways to ruin her character and backstory when they shouldve had her backstory just be with simon

>abloo muh ebil lesbian ship

also don't forget the epsiode "rings of fire"

If they wanted it over with they'd have aired it all in a 3 week bomb like RS

nah not even that, didn't like how they threw the mom into the story it took away from the marcy + simon story and they didn't do anything with it

I'm no big fan of Marcy these past few years but I don't see the problem in having her mom show up in a flashback. How did that take away from Simon's role? He's still the one who saved little Marcy's life and was her father figure for several years at least.

seemed a little hamfisted is all, like why 9 seasons in do we need to know what her mom looked like? i mean they did do an episode for her dad but that had a story with it at least.thought it was a missed opportunity and that episode in particular was nice visually but it had nothing to do with elements and everything to do with implying the strange subplot.

This one is after Seventeen. King of Ooo always posts storyboard panels for the episodes in their correct order.

It's like Cartoon Network doesn't actually believe in keeping stuff on air anymore
I mean, maybe they have studies that show that the site is their main thing now, but why air nothing but TTGo then?

>someone saved my shitty screenshot taken for silly humorous value
Yay!

So, fat fuck is now working on SU

Marcy and Hunson

Boarded by Graham Falk

Graham and who though? Rebecca Sugar (since it's probably the last major Marcy ep)? Ako Castuera (same reason)? Lauren Zuke?

We know that Rebecca and Ako worked on the final season and even voiced some characters in the series finale (Ako obviously voiced Canyon)

And keep Zuke away from AT

That was real for a single week (the week OK KO launched)
The schedule is usually much better than that, but that kind of week isn't out there, sadly

I feel like it's been cebturies since we've seen Phil face.

I'm glad Hunson is coming back, I only hope they don't screw up his character. Sugar was the one who did both of his past episodes so I hope the current staff can pick up the slack with her gone.
Also it would be neat if Finn and Marceline could have any semblance of legitimate interaction at all but I know it won't happen. Though Falk is a bit of a weirdo guy with weird interests, maybe he'll do what no one would be expecting.