Doomsday Clock Rorschach

>Is tall
>Has a liberal based nihilistic point of view instead of a conservative one
>Narration and speech patterns contain more descriptive dialogue and grammar articles

Its Dan.

You think batman will think he's owlman if dans in his suit at all

They look nothing alike.

Yet they both look like owls.

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious. Why would Blue dick resurrect Rorschach anyway?

He might not have resurrected him so much as faked his death.

Yeah but why would he wear the suit?

Wait is there a book for him? Is it out?

It's a variant for D-Clock #1.

How the fuck did he do that? We literally saw him explode.

If Johns is clever we will never know who this new Rorschach is. Meaning anyone can become Rorschach and make the system fall.
But I doubt it will be that.

What do you mean how did he do that? He's God, he can do anything, up to and including making a guy disappear and leaving a bunch of blood behind in his place to fake his death. Even a non-god normal person with teleportation technology could do that e.g. most everyone in any mainstream comic book universe ever.

He had to kill him to keep him from exposing Adrian's bullshit.

As for why he would bring Rorschach back? Most likely guilt. Alternatively, Manhattan knew that Adrian's plan was doomed to be exposed but it had to be done in a certain way. If Rorschach had not been killed, Adrian could conceivably get away with destroying New York by pointing out that Rorschach was a madman and invalidating his diary. Removing him from the chessboard means his diary can be confirmed/validated via third party research, without anyone dealing with Rorschach and assuming he was making shit up.

It might be a case, especially given how Rorscach gets the dates confused, that Manhattan zapped him into the future. Teleport him to a point after Adrian got exposed, that way Rorschach wouldn't screw up things.

>If Johns is clever

He isnt

Are they actually making sequels to Watchmen?

WHY?

Because they think it will sell.

for who? they were alone out there.

No, you saw him be teleported. You assumed he exploded.

Bruh theres blood.

Rorschach should have stayed dead. It was actually a character death that made sense for the story and was fitting for the character.

Why would Dan take it up? As far as he was aware, Rorschach was still alive after the events of Watchmen.

It's just going to feel really lame if Dan is new Rorschach and Laurie is the new Comedian.

Like... a LOT of blood.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't see any bl--

Wait, are you guys talking about that red teleportation goo? That's normal atomic discharge formed when molecules are instantaneously displaced.

I don't know why you think Dr. Manhattan can't make blood appear to help fake his death. He doesn't even need to create the blood from scratch, he could just teleport it in from somewhere else.
Wouldn't Adrian probably be monitoring since it's right outside his lair?

It's just a comic book story, people can make more stories in that universe. I don't get this too sacred to touch attitude people have around Moore works. Yes it's a great story and yes he wrote it originally with the intention of it being self-contained and ending where it ended. But so what? Comic stories constantly deviate from what previous writers establish, it's basically the fundamental nature of comic storytelling to be in a neverending flux of retcon.

This was never a good thing. The best comic books (and manga) are self-contained and don't go for thousands of issues. Creating cash-grab sequels to Watchmen is bad. I don't care if it's the establishment or not, that's not an argue why it's good.

It's like people forgot all about Before Watchmen.

If that doesn't worry people, nothing will.

But it's not just a comic book story, its whole point is that it's a self-contained superhero continuity. Check this excerpt from the notes in the back-matter of the first Absolute printing of Watchmen (that DC has strangely never reprinted in any editions that have come out since Before Watchmen).

Prequels/sequels don't just water down Watchmen, they contradict the point of it. A V For Vendetta sequel, while terrible, would still make more sense than this shit.

He says it makes it easier to write lasting changes that matter and to not have to worry about cross-story continuity to make it self-contained, not that the story doesn't have any meaning beyond the fact it's self-contained. That's not much of an argument against others making new stories about it after the fact.

Wasn't there one point where Moore wanted to make a sequel but he later decided against it, or am I just imagining things? Could've sworn I read something like that.

I think it's Veidt still.

Kek
What?
Jesus, I just, what?
You win, I'm not even gonna argue with you.

>guilt
But isn't the point of all the New52 shit that he doesn't feel anything anymore? Why would he feel guilt?

I've seen that he was entertaining the idea of a Minutemen prequel before his whole blow-up with DC.

Hrm. Watched the latest DC show on youtube, Johns said Manhattan is behind it, could be lying. Need to look into it

I'm not saying it has no meaning besides it being self-contained, obviously Watchmen has plenty else going on, but it's clear from the scope and formal construction of Watchmen *as* a self-contained continuity and work of literature (unlike, say, the ABC books) that Moore never intended others to write in this universe, and created it with the understanding the rights would shortly revert to him and Gibbons. A sequel ruins the fundamental concept -- telling the story of an entire superhero universe from beginning, middle and end (assuming Laurie was kidding about becoming a superhero again) in 12 issues.

Veidt would make the most sense.

Because Before Watchmen is super forgettable, the only good one is the Minuteman one. The rest of them are all bland and dull not bad enough to be mad over.

what? fuck no, especially when you realize veidt is featured on a cover with lex fucking luthor

These two dont look anything fucking alike you idiot.

That's only when he gets to the main DC universe though. He's using this cover because he's the most wanted man in the world, and they probably wouldn't expect him to dress up as the guys who blew the lid on his operation. Once he escapes to the mainline DC universe though he'll drop his rorschach disguise.

Are any of you aware of what Owlman and Nite Owl look like in any capacity beyond "lightly owl themed characters"? Because they have nothing in common visually besides goggles and point bits on their head.

I get the distinct impression we got moviefags in here.

>Rorschach actually meets Travis Bickle
>not bad enough to be mad over

Are you new to comics? How often do covers actually tell you what will happen inside?

How new are you? Memes aside, the primary covers usually do, and Doomday Clock has been using actual interior art as covers.

bitch to be you

Its time to SHIT

>>Has a liberal based nihilistic point of view instead of a conservative one
Wait, what?

Aight, sure. Why not. So where's Jon been keeping Walter for the last few decades?

Both believe everything is fucked and nothing really matters. But New Rorschach believes it for different reasons than Rorschach Classic.

For the first one it's because of gays and the Liberal elite. For the current model its because of bigots and Neo-Cons.

I loved how while he was a protagonist of sorts he was a conspiracyfag. He followed an alex jones type newspaper, monitored if Andrian was gay and all that, taking that away from him would ruin his character.
Does that actually happen in the new comic? Jesus

>For the current model its because of bigots and Neo-Cons.

What the hell are you talking about? None of Rorschach's monologue reflects any of that. It has all of the same sentiments as the original Rorschach:

>The common people are stupid and immoral
>The elites are decadent and degenerate
>The government is corrupt and power-hungry

Because its not Walter Kovacs you fool.

No he wouldnt.

Doesnt dan see the blood? Maybe not

>we got moviefags in here.
No duh, its not rocket science to figure that out. Most casual fans/readers 1st think of the movie version of Nite Owl (which has been incorporated into Before Watchman) and compare it to either morrison's Earth 2 or Crisis on Two Worlds film versions.

If anything original comic book version of Nite Owl visually reminds me of golden age Catman more than Owlman.

It WILL sell, that's a fact.

True this, they weren't specially bad... or good, people overreacted way too much, even if it was a greedy cashgrab.

Why do people still say he sounded liberal? He really didn't, just more of a lunatic (like always)

True this.

what the fuck

so, dan took the mantle of Rorschach?

We don't know.

Or maybe Johns sucks at writing and missed the point of the character.

>Trying to tie up the point of the original work to a fan fiction

Why did the comic guy make his version so different from the original movie?

Still going for the pottery of it being Ozy in hiding.

He mentions for example that "for those not like them, the good old days weren't so good".