Gentlemen

Gentlemen.

If given the chance, how would you fix Amazing Spider-Man?

Start by dumping Slott.

Replace him with RYV's Spidey

Retcon everything and start over from scratch

Continue his adventure of being a teacher to mutants and normal New York high school.

Interact with his spider-buddies more.

Get the best writers to write my story.

Peter works for SHIELD and is a SHIELD scientist. His identity as Spider-man is known to a select few in the superhero community and SHIELD. Thus Peter is not a constant loser and have a steady income from a well paying job. Honestly though, loser Peter given his age and intelligence is just sad.

I would have it that Peter Parker is actually the clone and Ben Riley was actually Peter Parker. Then I would have Maphisto return and make a deal with him and then he would kill Bendis and then I would have Heather Antos suck on my milkshake

Just kill him and end his suffering.

Remove Slott and add in any of the following:
JMS
Jenkins
Kelly
Wells
Yost

>Jenkins
And before Sentry dies again, it was confirmed that Sentry had sexual relations with Aunt May when she was younger and MJ about 3-5 years ago. Oh and Sentry was the best lover that they ever had.

Bring back the marriage. Fire Slott. Make him a college professor.

Retcon OMD. Retcon Slotts entire run. Beg for JMS to come back because you need a name that hardcore Spidey fans would come back for.

Give Peter back his spine, he takes too much of this shit lying down.

Hey here's a weird one.

What if Peter is a science teacher at Midtown, thereby showing his intellect and heart in caring for those kids, and he lives with his wife, MJ, who's quit modeling and trying to make it as a real actress on stage? The threats are street level but occasionally become high stakes. The real meat of the series is in the character dynamics and the struggle that Peter personally goes through. You feel his anger and sorrow in his failures and misfortunes, making the joys when he does succeed that much more rewarding and the battles that much more exciting.

I dunno, just a random thought.

Say what you will about Sentry, but his Spider-Man was the tops.

You, I like you.

But yeah, he learns how Mephisto fucked everything over and the timeline resets with him married to MJ and Aunt May is dead.

Nah, wouldn't work, but what if Peter sails his marriage and his unborn child's soul to the devil to let his old as hell aunt live a couple of years more

>Retcon OMD
Jesus Christ get the fuck over it already

That is pretty much Superman except for the teacher part.

No writer has managed MJ interesting in like 30 years.
Also if anything Peter should be a university professor not a goddamn highschool teacher. I mean what the fuck?

>retcon the most damaging story to Spider-Man

Yes?

I like this.

Peter as a teacher, secretly mentoring young mutants/superheroes

JMS' MJ was perfect.

Two problems with professorship: No experience teaching and also him being a teacher is him giving back to the school that helped him get where he is.

Peter shouldn't be a wildly successful billionaire OR a loser. He was best when he was just an average guy who happened to be one of the greatest superheroes in the world.

Continuity fags need to fucking die. If some writer picks up and starts writing good stories then all is well

>JMS
My nigga

Go to bed, Dan. Your run is shit and nothing you do will stop it bleeding readers.

>If some writer picks up and starts writing good stories then all is well
Too bad Spidey hasn’t had a good story in over 10 years.

What if he was Miles teacher? Then he could give him advice that helps with Miles life and schooling. I also wanna see Peter lecture Miles about letting superheroing get in his way of school in a way that mirrors Peters younger years.

>No experience teaching
So fucking what? Are you saying capeshit needs to go through a realistic hiring process? You daft m8?

>giving back to the school that helped him get where he is
High school was like half a percent of his publication history. He was in college longer than high school.

Him teaching mutants again.

I'd be fine if Miles just went away.

Spider-Man wearing clothes over his costume will always be funny to me

He got a point, what does MJ bring in the table? Even in RYV, she seems kind of boring.

>I don't care about continuity I care about good stories.
>You must be Dan Slott or something
Nigga what?

Yeah ok. That doesn't contradict me at all

We give him the planet hulk treatment. Shoot his as some where that puts him on edge the whole time until he gets a decent and happy ending.
Then rip it away from him, and send him down a path of revenge.

>So fucking what? Are you saying capeshit needs to go through a realistic hiring process? You daft m8?

Having a grounded story with realistic problems is literally what made Spider-Man the most popular hero in the world and fundamentally changed comics as a result.

Ok. They could go back to that AFTER stuffing him into a college professor role.

>Planet spider

I read that. It sounds like Spider-man unlimited.

Make Amazing runs into a harem runs

Have him realize that all the bad shit in his life isn't because of Parker luck. It is his own damned fault for never growing the fuck up. After that, kill his devil tainted ass with fire and resurrect him as a demon until someone like the Loki or Dr. Strange redeems his spirit because they owed him one.

Give him the Venom symbiote back and stick him on war world

didn't they already do that but with Doc Ock

Sadly, the only conclusions Ock made was that Spidey's body is awesome and being stuck with Petey's brain made him stupider.

>teacher
>intellect

How about a university professor?

If we're starting from scratch and ignoring everything Slotts been doing:
>Peter and Mary Jane are married and happily living together. (Annie can come later, or just be an infant)
>Peter is a high school science teacher
>Otto can stay as a freaky, half clone of Peter
>Stop making Peter a fucking punching bag to the world. He can go through hard times, but enough with the overboard "Parker Luck"

>Literally the best Spider-Man run in the past decade was the one that didn't have Peter in it.

Does Dan Slott really hate Peter Parker? Because it feels like it.

>Peter is a high school science teacher
why

>how would you fix Amazing Spider-Man?
Gender reassignment surgery. Just have him transition already.

Because it takes into account his intelligence but is humble enough to fit his style.

It's also a shitty shitty job so you can have stories about how shitty Peter's life is and paying bills

They did that. They had him working for Xavier’s a few years ago and they had him in the Future Foundation

Crash marvel so they can purge that cancerous talent pool?

>fire Dan Slott
>undo OMD
>Rebirth Pete and MJ's relationship
>let Peter succeed
>allow him to have a stable job and life
>bring Mayday into 616

This too. Having him be a teacher could also add interesting student interactions in ASM

and it was good. the problem is they are OBSESSED with not "aging" spiderman because of the fucking wierd midlife crises of the writers

I mean if we have to be stuck with fucking Miles, there could be some interesting moments if we make Peter his science teacher

Yeah, what the fuck marvel? There are little interactions between miles and peter.

Except Superman has no character dynamics. Just one dimensional characters smiling at each other.

Peter rebuilds and works back up to being a billionaire CEO. Gets to have a normal grown up life and play Spider Dad to the other Spider Heroes.

Being a high school teacher is beneath someone of Peter's intellect. He should at least be a university professor at minimum.

Everything that happened Post-Pre-Civil War is a dream. Peter is married to MJ and have a daughter named May Parker around Valeria Richard's age. Aunt May is dead and have been dead for quite some time. He was a high school teacher before deciding to quit and start a start-up so that he have more time to spend with his family and be Spider-man. The start-up is eventually bought by either Stark, Rand or Richards. They are aware of his identity as Spider-man and gives him more freedom so that he can be Spider-man, Peter, father/husband.

It's simple, really.

We kill the Slott.

And the Quesada.

And the Perlmutter.

But mostly the Slott.

By giving it to someone else Dan you fucking troll person, fucking leave already nobody likes you

Killing off Peter Parker and replace him with teenage Peter just like they did with Tony & original X-Men

Lets give Bendis a chances to write Spider-man starting Peter Parker.

But he's already teenage Peter.

>Bendis given Amazing Spider-Man
>Literally begins with Peter Parker getting killed and Miles replacing him
>Everyone goes to Peter's funeral and talks about how much he sucks and how much better Miles is than him
>Ends with MJ giving him a blowjob in front of Peter's grave.

That's a man-child Peter. Just bringing back actual teenage Peter and have a /ss/ relationship with MJ or Black cat

Go fuck yourself and your wife's son's insert, Bendis.

Since it's pretty much impossible to get rid of Slott entirely at this point he should just move on to a new Superior Spider-Man title. I hear Secret Empire kind of brought SpOck back so the foundations are there and Slott is generally a somewhat decent writer when writing anyone but 616 Peter. Someone who actually likes 616 Pete should write ASM, from interviews I've seen on Slott I have no idea while Marvel thought giving him ASM was a good idea

I think a back to basics approach would work. Give Pete a break for a change, have some of his scientific patents survive the implosion of his company, along with some licensing deals to give him an upper-middle class lifestyle and some savings. Have him decide to go back for his masters, bring MJ back into his life and let them take their time in finding each other again.

Then bring in Ghost Rider for an adventure and have him sense the taint of Mephisto around them and Aunt May. Have that be the thread that leads May to discover the deal with the devil, and she is NOT happy about it. But in the end she'll come around, remembering they loved her enough to sacrifice their happiness for her. And she'll try selling her soul to regain it for them. Cue OMD being retconned, and Pete not giving up without a fight, diving into hell itself to save Aunt May and finish things with Mephisto once and for all.

Give him back Parker Industries as in Peter learns how Otto managed his company. This leads to Peter actually having to choose between being Spider-Man or leading a 24/7 life as a company CEO. He isn't Batman and can never be. Also, would retcon OMD, with MJ stating that her soul was trapped by Mephisto, somehow.

How is a woman's tshirt able to fit Pete? He's jacked as shit.

>Undo OMD
>Still married with MJ (and have baby Mayday, then later Annie)
>being a high school teacher and sometimes substitute for Xavier's school

also
>Ben Reilly is the CEO of his own company and working side with Kaine

FPBP

Seriously, just get rid of stale Slott and bring in some fresh blood already.

Put Duggan on it.

You mean like pull a Superman Rebirth? Kill off 616 Peter&MJ and bring in RYV Peter&MJ? Then fuse them together?

Make a comic where if he kills hinself Aunt May will live forever

Fuck you Peter, if you can still afford a apartment in New York you are still rich

Organic webbing and let him had a happy marriage with children

Slott only fucking cares about having the longest run on ASM. He feels like that's enough to be remembered instead of, you know, writing memorable arcs.

It makes no sense. You think Peter would want to train and guide Miles more. Especillay since he takes superheroung seriously (like taking away Alpha's powers when he felt like he abused them). And yet Peter doesn't give a fuck about the kid running around and calling himself Spider-Man with a similar costume. Miles could start punching criminals heads off and killing police officers and damage Peter's image. It's up to Peter to help guide Miles and make sure he can handle himself both physically and psychologically. Yet he doesn't seem to give a shit.

It WAS fixed. It was doing new things with the character but the back to status quo mandates have unfixed it because we can't have new things.

I dunno, maybe by kilingl Gwen Stacy again?

Make him start Spiders Inc. Peter, Kaine, Agent Zenom are roommates.

>Duggan
talk about Duggan, what happened between Deadpool and Rogue?

Everything from One More day onward never happened

Either that or he goes full rogue or lets the crippling depression set in when he realizes he sold his soul to the devil and kills himself with Bobbi's sidearm.

Step 1: Get rid of Slott. He's grown stale. Get someone like Thompson or Duggan.
Step 2: Make sure it has a good artist. No Ramos.
Step 3: Give Peter his a interesting cast and actually make them a part of him. For god's sake, Most of Peter's current cast seem like cardboard cutouts in the background. And his old cast have been made into unlikable jerks. Especially Black Cat whose been shit on hard.
Step 4: Let Aunt May know Peter is Spider-Man again. May finding out Peter's secret was huge and led to some great moments between the two. It would also Peter someone to talk to. Seriously, what was the point of saving May's life and not doing anything with her? Even Spidey's first MCU movie has May finding out. It's time to evolve.
Step 5: Stop making Peter a retarded manchild. He is 25(ish), not 12.
Step 6: Let Peter score every once in awhile

Sounds like an idea that Slott would do that sounds cool but he ends up butchering because he's Slott

because they're seperate comics and Miles continued existence is an asspull because he was popular and Peter's acknowledgement of him was nothing more than a stunt to legitimize him so fans would stop shrieking about the real Spiderman. Miles IS the real Spiderman. Peter died years ago in OMD. This is why Slott is allowed to do whatever he wants with peter, he literally doesn't matter as long as it doesn't affect miles.

>organic webbing
fuk u

You, user. Are a fucking. Moron.

You know what? Let's do this but Slott has to write Miles, it would be an autistic Cold War between two writers to see who kills off their respective Spider-Man or does something borderline impossible for the next writer to fix.

You proved him wrong, user. Tomasi is now a God tier writer.
Is there a Superfag older than 12 on this board?

he shud be a high schooler again xd

basically Spider-man getting BTFO by people who shouldn't be able to touch him and getting unmasked every issue

Why not Batman Beyond that shit. Make Peter the head of a multinational tech-business that he built from the ground up while miles is the young hot-shot learning from his predecessor.

And his secret identity is no longer a secret and he still works for Tony Stark

Fuck off cunt.

Older adult Spiderman still teaching. Has a strained relationship with his jockish son who was misdiagnosed with ADHD due to spidey sense. Story is about the two of them learning to reconcile their differences, mainly that the son can't live up to his dad's smarts and the dad can't really engage the son sports talk.

give him a qt daughter and make him work in forensic science.

Felicia

>MJ