Are we all in agreement that Nu-Mickie is better than the classic cartoons?

Are we all in agreement that Nu-Mickie is better than the classic cartoons?

Sure, the animation is worse. But the humor is what counts, and the old Mickey cartoons are absolutely humorless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FO-byFQzn8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's really more like comparing apples oranges. The new Mickey shorts are an entirely different tone and format that aren't really trying to emulate his old shorts. They do make call-outs from that era though (and Disneys culture in general).

I haven't seen enough of old Mickey to make that claim.
I've only seen Steamboat Willie, Mickey and the Beanstalk and Fantasia.
I have seen a bunch of the old Donald Duck cartoons though which I think are comparable to nu-Mickey stuff. Here's one for comparison (Donald Duck and the Gorilla):
youtube.com/watch?v=FO-byFQzn8M

That aside, Mickey Mouse 2013 is the best cartoon I've seen in maybe a decade or so, and definitely the best thing Disney has released in over a decade.

>Are we all in agreement that Nu-Mickie is better than the classic cartoons?
No.

>the old Mickey cartoons are absolutely humorless
No, again.

I don't take people serious who complain about animation in the year 2017 onward anymore.

>re we all in agreement that Nu-Mickie is better than the classic cartoons?
No, the older ones still has the charm that the modern one will never have
>old Mickey cartoons are absolutely humorless
What is every Goofy short that was trying to be informative?

No, go watch the classics.

The old ones have humor, just not humor that modern audiences would find funny.

>the old Mickey cartoons are absolutely humorless.

>old Mickey cartoons are absolutely humorous

Watch the black and white ones, ya dolt.

>Can we all agree that X
when will this shitty meme die?

The current era (2014 till now, perhaps even earlier) is all about using repetitive thread titles.

>Goofy short
>Mickey cartoon

>The old ones have humor, just not humor that modern audiences would find funny.

This is basically it. Watch

Gallopin' Gaucho
Mickey's Follies
The Shindig
Mickey Steps Out
The Beach Party
Barnyard Olympics
Mickey's Mechanical Man
Two-Gun Mickey

These were celebrated in their time for being VERY funny. One can still see where, at a time when thousands of cartoons hadn't yet imitated them, they were actually incredibly novel. And sometimes they're still funny.

Yeah that's the thing, I like nuMickey but it's not a trend setter or amazing by any means in our context, just a well executed cartoon. It doesn't do anything partucularly unique or novel.

Compared to other flash/toon boom animations, I think the Mickey shorts are miles above the competition in terms of production values. The backgrounds are gorgeous, camera angles are fun to watch, and they're always a reaction image goldmine. Compare that to something like Clarence or Steven Universe, and it really does stand out on its own.

Oh look it's another Disney shill thread

I'm fine with watching the new Mickey Mouse shorts whenever they come out.

bitch that phrase don't make no sense why can't fruit be compared??

Because you should rather compare the different types of apples within the apple family. What is better? Golden Delicious or Gala?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, it's well executed.

Even then the answer is "for what"?
The best apples for cooking aren't the same as the best to just bite into.

I fucking hate that analogy all around.

Compare the ones that can be used for eating then.

They all can.