Epic Last Pages

What is the most epic last page in a comic book Sup Forums? Bonus points if it was the end of a series or an arc.

Pic related. He-man breaking fourth wall in the final issue and giving me a power sword.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O4pQ5uOvVx0
youtube.com/watch?v=0QrWfbYFtNk
youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've yet to see a pun with as much gravitas

Maybe not "epic" but I really like this one.

I really miss Steph as Batgirl.

>Punisher's legal name isn't Francis

So what happened?

>epic

Ask Grant Morrison.

>POOT

the sentence ended. God could no longer dictate the course of events. Since God was the author, it meant no more of the characters' story would be locked in stone. anything could happen after that point, but its not for anyone in our world to decide

What is the significance of the frog?

The best comic of all time for me
It has made me laugh, it has made me cry and it has made me nostalgic. As a kid I already loved it, mostly for the humor but I recently reread it and now I appreciate it for the comprehensive story and the faux historical accuracy

captain ginyu was planning on stealing luke cage's body

In that issue, the Thunderbolts enter this weird parallel world that was mainly a misty swamp, and there was this frog man there who was telling them to lay back and enjoy themselves. When the T-Bolts find a way to escape, the frog exclaims "HEY WAIT! YOU GUYS FOUND A WAY OUT?!" chasing them through this waterfall. That page above follows

cute

Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance

What comic is this?

Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck

>So what happened?
The limiting scaffolding of our reality which is language is shed as our fully birthed collectively integrated humanity AllNow Self transcends into the Supercontext. The Invisibles comic is itself a vehicle for actualizing this birthing process, which is why it contains itself, to give it super-fictional power in the real world by representing itself as a fiction that crosses over into reality so it can become a fiction that crosses over into reality. The lines between the fiction and reality are blurred and the reader is left realizing he's in the same position as the characters of the story who themselves experienced the end of the world and transcendence by realizing they had already transcended and what they thought was reality was really just a game / a fiction that they were engrossed in to the point of forgetting their true nature in the supercontext. The progression up to the last frame of the comic mirrors the all white panel from when Tom did the Reichian shock therapy on Jack and had him look at the invisible badge to realize his freedom from the emotional baggage he had been carrying around.
Just as that earlier blank panel doubled as a plot point for the Jack character and as a real life sigil for injecting a Reichian release in the reader, the last panel also doubles as both a plot point for the characters and as a real life sigil for the reader. In this case, the sigil is a ramping up of density in meaning, going from a story Jack tells that sums up the whole Invisibles process, to a single line (OUR SENTENCE IS UP) that sums up the whole Invisibles process, and finally to one all encompassing sigil that shocks you into a state of super-verbal understanding with the paradox of the simplest symbol (a dot) representing the entirety of all meaning to our world and our birth out of it by virtue of the dot being a punctuation mark for the end of the language construct our reality.

This shit reads like a schizophrenic rant and then some people wonder why not everyone worships Morrison.

...forget I asked

I've never read it, so maybe it's not an actual last page, but I'm surprised no one's posted that Wanted page, even just as bait.

This is just a crazed rant of bullshit full of faulty assumptions about how reality works. Worse, I bet whoever wrote this thought they had some kind of amazing epiphany about the world and believed it.

It's not an epiphany, it's a description of what the story was actually about. Grant Morrison has explicitly talked about the density of meaning thing at the end and the whole point of having "The Invisibles" be a fiction that exists inside The Invisibles is to screw with the fiction / reality distinction. You missed the entire point of the story if you didn't get that.

Got what she deserves for being tsundere.

>the whole point of having "The Invisibles" be a fiction that exists inside The Invisibles is to screw with the fiction / reality distinction.

Cool, so like everything else he's ever written then.

I was talking about the story not the description of the story. I bet Morrison had this big moment where he thought he understood fucking everything, but it's just a pile of horse shit. It makes the whole thing even sadder that he probably believes it on what he believes is a spiritual level rather than being a nonsense mess predicated on faulty assumptions.

Yes, and that's not a bad thing. I'd rather read stuff from a writer who has a topic of interest he goes deep on across multiple works than stuff from a writer who just does random different new self-contained topics all the time.

>I bet Morrison had this big moment where he thought he understood fucking everything
Doesn't everyone have a moment like that at least once in their lives?

Yes, and that's what makes it sad. Waste your big OH moment on something like that. Jesus Christ.

Yeah, when they're like 19.

What was your superior epiphany about?

I really hate the big splash panel, dramatic-reveal style endings. Always strikes me as lazy, like the writer/artist is screaming HOW DRAMATIC at me. It is the equivalent of a "dun dun duuuuuuuun" sound cue.

>Implying superiority

Quite simply, if the description here is accurate, the entire basis is faulty. You can't grow something great out of a falsehood. It seems to assume language is a core building block of anything. It's not a building block for the function of reality and it's still optional for fiction. Understanding is already a thing we all do that is beyond language. Language is just a learned layer over it. There's no point of breaking free of a system that isn't in control.

Trying to build a world changing event on something like this is ridiculous.

OK, but what was your epiphany about? You said you agree everyone has one and that he wasted his.

Yeah, but you presented the question in a loaded manner. My epiphany suited my emotional needs and fixed some neglect in how I was raised. No more and no less.

>You can't grow something great out of a falsehood.
what great things can be found in this world that are free of falsehood?

Dis you?

answer the fucking question, B^Uckley

I did answer it. You just didn't like the answer, Jaden.

>It seems to assume language is a core building block of anything.
I think you're using an overly narrow definition of "language." It might help to point out the Matrix is basically the film version of the Invisibles and that code in the Matrix = language in the Invisibles.
Neo realizing he can see reality's code in the same way he was able to see the Matrix's code is the same concept as how King Mob says "a bullet in the right place is no substitute for the real thing" before killing the archon with the "pop" gun (also to use a more recent example it's the same as Cooper realizing "we live inside a dream" in Twin Peaks: The Return).
Or for more examples, there's Plato's cave allegory where what we think is reality is just the shadows of the more fundamental reality of The Forms, or God's word being the impetus for creation in Genesis with "Let there be light," or Max Tegmark's proposition that the fundamental nature of our universe is mathematics, or the Indra's net idea that everything we think of as reality is conditioned and interdependently arising like countless reflections of reflections in a vast net of co-reflecting jewels, etc.
Also Grant Morrison was obviously influenced a lot by Terence McKenna, so you can just watch one of his talks about the same topic, like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=O4pQ5uOvVx0

>Terence McKenna
fuck that guy. He just appeals to stoners

>He just appeals to stoners
Nah, he was a pretty good Joyce reader too.
youtube.com/watch?v=0QrWfbYFtNk

God, the movie's final line was so much better.

Hey now, that was an awful ending

Aunt May's death.

>Suddenly the NRA makes sense

JUST

Not epic at all but few endings are what put a closure to an era and a mindset that lasted nearly 40 years.

Why does SuperDad look like The Comedian? It's really offputting and weird and I don't like it.

And then he was never seen again

huh i've never noticed that

probably just Alan Moore being his usual self

Not only is this an awful idea for an ending no Moore, Delano, or Ennis is actually a gigantic slap in the face to the character

Moore is top left, Delano is top center, Ennis is directly below Moore. Also, the only one I even had to look for was Ennis, I accidentally found Moore and Delano.

Brilliant comic.

>bottle names
But they drew a bunch of the shit writers in, I'm saying they should have drawn the greats in.

I didn't realize those were all supposed to be real people. I thought they were just randos.

Wait, who are the people?

The slippery slope is real.

too bad the sword is off-drawn

More melancholic than epic, but its also one the best depiction of Darkseid.

>never really continued

still mad

>Russell basically predicted the 2016 election

Really hoping he wasn't prophetic with Flintstones, either.

This song playing at this page would be perfect
youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

Me too. It was the first comic to get me to go back to the LCS in years, and they didn't even give us part 2. Instead we got a Catwoman story.
(that also predicted the 2016 elections.)

I hope not, but it feels like we're heading back to the stone age.

A more understated last page but a favorite of mine.

>You ever hear about the stoned ape theory?
>Basically, *inhales* there's this guy called Terrence McKenna, wrote this suuuper interesting book called Food o' the Gods
>And in this book he says that all human consciousness came out of humans, or monkeys rather, flippin' cow-pats and eatin' mushrooms
>'Cause as the rainforest receded, and the climatological conditions changed, these monkeys were experimenting with uh *pushes mic away and leans in* with uh, new food sources
>And they were eating these mushrooms and having these super profound experiences, these POWERFUL psychedelic trips
>'Cause they don't know why, but the human brain, they can tell from uh *pulls mic closer and leans away* from uh, fossils of old skulls that the brains doubled in size in like what, two MILLION years?
>Like look at that! *points at TV screen* look at those skulls, two million years, look at the fuckin' size o' that thing! Just got their brains fuckin' JACKED on these mushrooms.

Old depowered Superman didn't look like the Comedian, the Comedian looked like an old depowered Superman. That story came out first.