Exactly when did Moe coveting Marge become a thing? And why are the writers of NuSimpsons so obsessed with it?

Exactly when did Moe coveting Marge become a thing? And why are the writers of NuSimpsons so obsessed with it?

It was far funnier when Moe barely knew who Marge was and only thought of proposing to her when he thought Homer was dead. ITT: Ruined Simpsons Characters, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CuM9rSG7fcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NEVER FEAR

Completely destroyed.

oh hey midge

The Simpsons has a habit of taking traits of characters and overexaggerating them.
I swear there's a term for that.

I think it popped up once or twice in the classic era. It was just a gag about how Moe is a bad friend to Homer and a lousy person in general.

It's what happens in sitcoms that go on for too long, characters become charicatures of their former selves

It would be a lot more interesting to try and find characters that haven't been flanderized over time. Who on the show is still the same as they've always been and funnier for it?

flanderization?

Homerization

Or how to a loser like Moe, old fuddy duddy Marge is practically a goddess.

When did Moe become suicidal?

Kang and Kodos?

Disco Stu? He started off flanderized.

>ITT: Ruined Simpsons Characters, I guess.

Every single one?

Arent they only used for meta jokes now?

>overexaggerating
As opposed to just exaggerating them?

Yeah, sorry, I overexaggerated the term.

Just don't watch Simpsons episodes made after he 90s. Easy peasy.

oh you

It's his covert way of making a Simpsons thread

I just want attention...

have three you's and a bump

Ned started off as excellent neighbor and overall excellent guy who liked going to church. It used to be a joke that homer hated ned because he was more successful than him because of better life choices. Later he became so involved with religion he was just incredibly boring with his only noteworthy trait is that he loves religion. Later, he was flanderized again turning him into a full on fundamentalist being the bad antagonistic christian in episodes involving other religions or evolution or whatever the hot topic of the time is. Sad state ned is in, with his 2nd wife dying he's only going to become even more of a fundamentalist.

>Exactly when did Moe coveting Marge become a thing?
I think the first instance was Secrets of a Successful Marriage? When Marge threw Homer out and he had to live in Bart's treehouse Moe came over and tried to win over Marge.

ruined forever

The Simpsons are a tragedy. Don't watch them anymore.

it should have been suck and fuck, not fuck and suck

I miss Vietnam Flash backs Skinner.

>I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew made of fish, vegetables, prawns, coconut milk, and four kinds of rice. I came close to madness trying to find it here in the States, but they just can't get the spices right.

Speaking of The Simpsons I've been recently watching some of the old tree house of horror episodes and they're still pretty entertaining.

I've been watching one ToH a day throughout October. I'm at Season 16 now and they've only just started getting worse (the mid 2000s was when they started having only one writer do the entire special, and it shows).

>Johnny
>Johnny!
>JOOOOOOOHNNNNNNYYYYYY

It should be called Homerization, it's stupid Flanders is used as the example of it.

Back away, not today, diso lady.

>old episodes of The Simpsons are 'still pretty entertaining'

But of course, Lisa.
She and Bart would argue, yes, but they were a team, solving shit together and hell, even having a laugh together every now and then, especially at Homer's expense

Not the first time Moe did something shitty to Homer. Remember the Flaming Moe?

It is. Feed = Suck, Seed = Fuck

You can exaggerate something without taking it so far no-one can take it seriously.

>This film is so funny I laughed through the whole thing.
Exaggeration
>This film is so funny I shat myself to death. The veil of reality tore open and allowed a momentary glimpse into the realm of platonic comedy. The man I once was died in that moment, to be reborn as a being of pure amusement. Then he said "bazinga".
Over-exaggeration

Is this the cow tools of Simpsons?

why did this suddenly become a meme again?

Kind of ironic it happened hardest to ned flanders.

Well it's named after him so it's not really ironic

Ooooh.
I really should have been able to work that out.

I'm ok with Ned being an overly religious stick in the mud, because that seems authentic and in line with his personality. I'm not ok with him being turned into a grotesque caricature because suits the writers political proclivities. That really pisses me off somehow.

Sup Forums is made it and Twitter loves getting the hottest new memes from Sup Forums

>that seems authentic and in line with his personality
It's certainly not in-line with his early personality. In keeping with the concept that he was slightly superior to Homer in every way he was even-tempered, generous, and friendly.

and all this time I thought it referred to Belgian politics

It happened to Flanders first. Before the Golden Age even ended.

and then she appointed him to the Supreme Court

Flanders is the least Flanderized character on the show, though.

Go watch the mini-golf episode.

Nah he used to be a guy who was relatively well-rounded. He was incidentally boring because he was the antithesis to Homer which was an affable well mannered man who was always well meaning and did the right thing which really pissed Homer off. His god fearingness was more to bounce off Homer.
However in the Golf episode he was able to take shit in stride and could laugh off having to wear a dress and was impled to be a former frat brother. Today's Ned would probably whip himself and beg the lord's forgiveness for accidentally buying a women's pair of glasses let alone wear a dress and his boringness has become a purposeful trait due to his religiousness.

Carl is the least Flanderized character probably because he was originally just the other half of Lenny but now he occasionally wiggles his way into the plot to do whatever the writers need, so in one he can be a jet setting career man in the next he's an icelandic immigrant who wants to repair his family name.

Meanwhile Lenny is gay for Carl.

Moe used to be a god-tier side character but now he's so fucking bland to watch. I like Moe having a connection with Maggie, but I hate how Moe's shiftiness has been downplayed more and more as the series went on.

;)

Lenny and Carl seemed to have aged a lot better than most of the side characters, gay subtext aside. Maybe it was because they've always been sort of bland.
youtube.com/watch?v=CuM9rSG7fcY

all the various secondary characters that were originally very specific kinds of weirdly compelling losers like Moe or Skinner all eventually got turned into the same generic milquetoast depressive girl-problem loser as the good writers were replaced with narcissistic hacks, big surprise

TAMZARIAN!

WELL WELL

I choose to believe at some point in writing that episode there was a scene where they decided to share the credit and it was called the Flaming HoMoe.

>binge through all of Simpsons
>keep watching
>get to two seasons ago when I just can't keep going
I just want it to end

A thing that I don't like about nuSimpsons is that pretty much every character had at least an adventure with every other character...I don't dislike characters interacting with each other but that's to much

You've done it again, Anonymous.

You've done it again.

Sneedification

>Exactly when did Moe coveting Marge become a thing?

>And why are the writers of NuSimpsons so obsessed with it?

The answer to both questions and many more is "they want to be Family Guy"

And feedification

Baneposters

Another thing about nu-Simpsons is that the entire town is composed entirely out of known characters. There are no more random people on the streets or in crowd shots like in earlier seasons, and it makes Springfield feel small.

They stopped doing that after Season 2-3 though; I remember the writers talking about this on the DVD commentary for Call of the Simpsons.

I think we can all agree that this has gone too far enough.

Well she is the only wife that's entered the bar.
And Moe doesn't get out much, so she's one of the few women he's met.

running out of ideas