ITT: Shows that ended with a cliffhanger

ITT: Shows that ended with a cliffhanger

Anyone here remember this show? It was not that bad actually. Had a nice continuous plot and got progressively more serious as time went on.

>ITT: Shows that ended with a cliffhanger
We will never get to see the girls desperately fighting to hide their identities in their own world.

What was Greg even thinking?

That didn't have a cliffhanger. Everything with Nerissa, Phobos, even Cedric was resolved. The teases with Sylla and Riddle were very minor.

>Everything with Nerissa, Phobos, even Cedric was resolved.
>even
How nice of them to resolve the season's plot! That's not the writers' job at all, no sir.

Every time I see threads like this, SRMTHFG is often mentioned by people and they got sad why it ended like this. To be fair there's almost lot of shows (mostly live-action) that got cancelled without a conclusion of main plot. Action cartoons gets mostly a pain in the ass from TV channels that have no mercy on them having low ratings or have no toys and other stuff and are putten on graveyard timeslot.

What if action cartoons like Sym-Bionic Titan or Motorcity didn't get that treatment from their channels and actually got renewed for new seasons? It never happens. What about comedy adult cartoons that got one season? It also never happens.

Well, you see this is the world where on TV comedy cartoons for kids are more popular than action cartoons for kids, this is a real world not fantasy, people. All that we do is just only writing a fanfic or other stuff about what happened to characters from a show or cartoon we like after an cliffhanger ending that we still cry about, and we do nothing with the fact that our beloved show is been cancelled after whatever season it is. Even internet fan petitions about bringing back a show don't work up in these days. It's sad but true.

Yeah, I remember that ending, it was kind of shot introduction of these characters.

*short introduction

I was just saying it didn't end with a cliffhanger. No need to be a condescending dick about it.

>What if action cartoons like Sym-Bionic Titan or Motorcity didn't get that treatment from their channels and actually got renewed for new seasons? It never happens.
What are you talking about?
Avatar got three seasons. Samurai Jack got five seasons (unfortunately). TMNT 2003 got SEVEN seasons (really unfortunately). The list goes on...

Sym-Bionic Titan and Motorcity were not renewed because the writing was not up to par, no matter how much the fans claim otherwise.

And I'm saying that just because it resolved the SEASON plot doesn't mean it didn't end on a cliffhanger. Learn to read, you fucking faggot.

>Sym-Bionic Titan and Motorcity were not renewed because the writing was not up to par, no matter how much the fans claim otherwise.

I meant 2010's action cartoons, the 2000's ones were fine, because Avatar and TMNT were popular. Nowadays it is a problem to get an obscure thing into popularity.

But there aren't really action cartoons being made anymore, because anime has cornered that market. Even if a good action cartoon were to come out, nobody would watch it because none of the anime-exclusive sites would talk about it - and that's where most of the potential fans are.

The very rare exceptions to this are shows like Young Justice, which has the whole DC thing to fall back on, or Samurai Jack itself which similarly had nostalgic fans behind it.

>TFW the 2nd season of this show hasn't aired in the USA as of 2017

You were too good for this world ;_;

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
I would love a reboot tbqh
Warning: picture contains ACTUAL SPOILERS

>DAMMIT SPIDERMAN YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LET A KID DIE BECAUSE OF HIS SKIN COLOR?
Jesus, why'd they pick a superhero show to talk about this?

At least there's the movie coming next month.

SRMTHFG was the best shit.
>YOU FAILED YOUR WORLD.

>What about comedy adult cartoons that got one season?

That shit happens all the time, man.

You don't know what a cliffhanger is. Having a couple of character cameos is not a cliffhanger.

I downloaded all of the HD rips.
Feels fuckin' good.

>Sym-Bionic Titan and Motorcity were not renewed because the writing was not up to par, no matter how much the fans claim otherwise.

They were cancelled because they had no merchandise to make from them. This has been discussed again and again. The latter even more so because Disney had just acquired Star Wars, so they had no initiative to fund more action animation when they could just produce Star Wars cartoons instead.

Nobody cancels action cartoons on whether they were good or not. They get cancelled because of how much merch they can sell and how much they cost to produce. It's why TTGo and Marvel's cartoons keep getting renewed, and why DC's other cartoons and original IPs keep getting cancelled.

There are HD rips?

There was a plot setup that did not get resolved. How's that not a cliffhanger?

Those are just excuses made after the fact so as not to hurt anyone's feelings in the industry. If the writing had been at least Avatar level there is no way they would have been cancelled, merch or no merch.

Also you seem to have Marvel and DC mixed up there.

Kinda sorta. You have the shitty TV rips and then there's a bunch of MUCH higher quality rips floating around on a Russian site. You have to download them slowly owing to the site's restrictions, but they look MUCH better than the older TVrips, even with their watermarks. Here's a screenshot just now.

I'd link the threads about them but desuarchive seems to be down right now.

That looks way better than the tv rips. Wonder where they even got quality like this since to my knowledge this show wasn't released in any format other than GBA cartridge

Also, Lord Scrapperton was too good for this world.

Are you from an alternate universe where american cartoons don't live and die based on their toy sales?

Tonight, on a very special thread of Sup Forums...

Remind me which toys Avatar or Samurai Jack got again? Even TMNT '03 barely got anything in terms of toys compared to its own predecessor.

... a dumbass user comes in and posts that phrase, while everyone else points and laughs.

Exosquad had a massive one and I'm still raging about it. You could technically count Shadow Raiders.

NAME
A
M
E
>team StaxRedakai

Mighty Max in infinite loop.

That's not a cliffhanger, that's a dangling or unfinished plot thread.

Cliffhangers usually occur in the middle of the climax. Like, for instance, a character is about to killed, and then the show ends right there.

It is still a cliffhanger for that specific plot thread, though.

After TMNT 2012, maybe it was for the best that it ended in a cliffhanger

What does TMNT 2012 have to do with this show specifically?