"He's Superman!"

"He's Superman!"

...and the writers had him gassed to death.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d0QVvbhMm24
youtube.com/watch?v=4ggoELCGRP0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, OP, that was the point.

And it was the perfect ending

Why did Superman let them murder him?
Is Superman okay with the death penalty? Just because the government does it?
Does it mean what Waller does is a-okay too?
And clandestine presidential orders overseas?
What if they infringe on international law and human rights conventions? Which would Superman follow?

I'm glad this episode's ending was as thought provoking to someone else as it was for me.

my favorite ending of all the dcau toons

this and "Here, I am God." blew my mind as a kid.

Superman isn't above the law. If he was, we would get an Injustice situation.

>Here, I am God
Which one was that?

Yep and he deserved it too my only question was why he had the women killed?

Legacy, I think. Clark beats the piss out of Darkseid and the Hunger Dogs start patching him up and caring for him instead of rejoicing that their tyrannical overlord got his shit fucked in.

Death penalty isn't murder and what Waller does is against the law.

Superman respects the law when it's properly enforced

>Does it mean what Waller does is a-okay too?
No, they operate in the shadows for a reason

It's a difficult question the answer but Superman recognizes and respects the legal process even if he doesn't agree with it he isn't a supporter but if the mans innocent or if he knows someone is pulling strings to kill him than he'll stop it

Ah, I missed the comma.

Did he ACTUALLY kill anyone? It seems strange that he'd get the death penalty for attempted murder

Yes. He did and then framed the one guy for the murder.

So why hasn't Livewire and the others get the death penalty when they too have killed people? Seem very bias...

>is Superman OK with the death penalty

Probably not but Superman doesn't force his will on others

You can't kill supervillains. They just get better.

Well, for one thing, a lot of them are legally mentally incapacitated. Livewire in particular is such an example (brain runs on electrical impulses, hers are fucked up because of her powers).
But putting that aside, how do you kill electricity?

Submerge her in a tank full of water and just wait it out for half an hour or so? Live burial and concrete-covered grave?

those would have tons of legal objections on the inhumanity basis

there should be more stories about scumbag attorneys who get super villains off

A literal dindu.

I think it's still the best Darksied line.

I would like to see that but have the attorney be a genuinely neutral guy who believes in going through justice with respect and unbiased passion.

All that from AA batteries huh?

>Metropolis isn't a complete shithole
>Has death penalty
>Gotham doesn't have the death penalty
>This revolving door prison system makes Gotham the worst place on earth to live

Coincidence?

Your fallacious conflation of legal use of the death penalty with constitutional breach of authority, breaking of international treaties, and however you'd phrase Waller's complete bullshit, makes the agenda you are trying to push completely obvious, you shitter.

>killed people
In STAS have they really?

She's like a car battery. One jump is all she needs to get everything rolling again.

he didnt stop the machine, the chamber is STILL pumping gas even if he took out the initial burst

I assume the guard shut it down shortly after Superman busted the glass.

This is S:TAS right? what episode was this I haven't seen that show in forever i dont remember it very well

Late Mr. Kent

The Late Mr. Kent.

it was an adaptation of an old Pre Crisis story.

tyty boys

Here have some Lois and her magic skirt.

How did he not hear the bomb ticking?

youtube.com/watch?v=d0QVvbhMm24

He spends his ENTIRE day shutting out 99% of the noise in his life.

>"Somebody stop him!"

Fucking how dude. Please tell us how.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW! How did they manage to make everything about it so perfect. Superman TAS is, to this day, still the best motion picture adaptation of Superman I've ever seen. IMO it's better than R. Donner's Superman.

Fun fact, the same animation studio that did Akira did STAS. You can really see it in that scene.

Lois is such a semen demon in this show.

That's a digital counter. It's not necessarily ticking like an egg timer.

It's so weird seeing Superman get caught in something that easily kill a normal person.

Actually, most damage he incurs would kill a normal person.

That animation quality though.

Oh, Dini, you play with fanboy's hearts for breakfast, don't you?

The way TAS handled Darkseid was amazing. Darkseid connives against and attacks Superman for the entire series, getting so far as imprisoning him before the entire world and always with an air of condescension. They wait for the last episode of the series for Supes to lay a hand on him, and that hit, the one you waited the whole series to see was such a glorious moment.

>Why did Superman let them murder him?
Because Superman respects the law, and he was the actual killer. Superman doesn't stop legally sanctioned executions, even if he doesnt kill himself

That's not how a car battery works. That's how an entire engine works. When you jump a car you're using the "donor" car's battery to start the gasoline-powered engine of the receiver car, which then is able to recharge its own battery using the alternator.

Imagine what it must be like to be standing in a stairwell inside a building and then all of a sudden FUCKING SUPERMAN COMES FLYING THROUGH THE WALL RIGHT NEXT TO YOU LIKE HOLY SHIT

pretty fucking dark, depicting his execution

The show's portrayal of Darkseid is one of my favorite things. As a kid I had no idea who the fuck Darkseid was because I was beyond casual with comics.

Then this dude shows up at the end of the Intergang episode, which was weird. BTAS didn't tease antagonists like that. Then he majorly fucks shit up in Apokalips Now ending in FUCKING KILLING DAN TURPIN which was just...fuck. The villain usually doesn't get to murder people in American kids cartoons unless it's like the Transformers movie or some shit. And those were robots not people.

And he's just completely casual about shit too. It was horrifying and put him on a whole other level beyond the other villains. Kinda like Apocalypse in the X-Men show except worse.

>That one issue of Cass's Batgirl run where she tried to save the deathrow criminal but ended up having to let the legal system take it's course

I love the dirty look he gave Lois.
"I have to save you again?, its the damn 5th time in 6 days."

Gotham has the death penalty but the insanity plea is out of control.

>Because this guy actually killed her
>And it's a parable to her own situation because she has to atone for killing that one dude before she met Babs
Puckett/Scott run was so on point.

Come to think of it, there was another Scott drawn comic about Flash dreaming out outracing death, while a man's being executed via the electric chair.

Also, there's the very first Superman caper, where he busts into the Govenor's home and beats up his body guards so he can inform him that an innocent man's about to die. I think that might have been the story that inspired the episode.

to be fair, every politician who campaigns on extending the death penalty to the mentally ill mysteriously laughs themselves to death

I know a guy. He's willing to do the job for just forty cakes.

underrated

I think that's who you are responding too.

The writers even joked about this in the DCAU batman superman movie.

"Lois Lane? The girl superman always saves?"

"Yup."

>mysteriously laughs themselves to death
Oh Joker, that rascal.

>to be fair, every politician who campaigns on extending the death penalty to the mentally ill mysteriously laughs themselves to death

Lies and slander!

They find Batarangs in their beds and have second thoughts.

do you think Bruce banged Louis?

Wasn't she planning on moving in with him?

On the other hand, this is Batman we're talking about. Talia had to rape him.

Yeah it had Superman getting cucked by Bruce Wayne.

Totally. He's had blue bat balls since Andrea Beaumont and he's ready to pump a load into any legs that spread, and you know Lois wanted that bat dick.

Clark wrote the fucking article, damn STAS supes was a cold bastard

Louis?

>those would have tons of legal objections on the inhumanity basis
There are several studies that have shown that lethal injection is in fact, very painful. This is intentional. No anesthesia is administered. If you put down a dog the same way humans are executed, you'd be arrested for animal cruelty.

A _paralytic_ is administered to the inmate. Then they administer potassium chloride, which is, in fact, painful. Again, you are very much awake and feeling pain when you are executed. It only LOOKS peaceful; entirely for the benefit of the people watching. The truth is, there is nothing humane about lethal injection. And this is by DESIGN. To make it more of a punishment.

I'd love to meet the guy who went into a pitch meeting and somehow managed to sell lethal injections as a go-to method over countless cheaper, simpler alternatives.

Potassium chloride is pretty cheap.
That said, most of the expense is with things like incarceration and holding until then, the retrials and or appeals, etc.

I'd say it's more humane than a firing squad, but, people have had to be executed several times with all sorts of methods, electrocution and lethal injection included.

Firing squad was actually an interesting method of execution. There were several ingenious devices to make it more effective, but to also increase the anonymity. For example if you had a group of people, it's possible one or more really couldn't live with the guilt of killing or executing someone, day in, day out. There were all sorts of problems with this so a few methods were implemented to make it easier.

For one, they would sometimes try to make it so only one of the guns has a live round in it, the rest would have a blank. Of course, as anyone who has ever fired a gun will tell you, you can immediately tell when you've just fired a blank or a live cartridge. So several other methods were added including braced shooting positions for the rifles and a method of pulling the trigger with just a switch instead of having to hold the rifle. In addition, the shooter and condemned were hidden from view of one another behind a board after the rifles had been preset and pre-aimed. Essentially, a row of pre-aimed shooting benches and rifles in a series of wooden stalls blocked from one another so the other executioners had no way to see one another or know who had actually fired the rifle with the live round.

Why is Superman blowing up these cars?
Yeah, there's no one driving them which also wouldn't make any sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=4ggoELCGRP0

Thanks to BRAAAAP threads and shitposting, I can't stop chuckling when I see this scene.

Who's to say she doesn't have a bio-alternator?

>can kill a character off screen
>can't kick someone in the balls off screen

Pills here!

If you learn a superhero's identity and you're not particularly close to them or you're not likely to keep it a secret, chances are you're going to die or have your memory erased.