Nick Dragotta

wes craig

this is my favorite mazzuchelli batman page

Quitely
Fisher
Irving
McCarthy
Mazzucchelli

gary frank is kind of DC house style with more detail but I really like the way he draws stuff something about it just hits right.

agreed, gary frank is what I imagine DC characters look like

also love me some capullo batstuff, especially his nazi joker

Frank is the only house style artist I've probably ever liked. Something about his art just clicks with me the way no other house style artist's work does.

>Jorge Jimenez
>Bruno Redondo
>Daniel Sampiere
>Terry Dodson
>Mike Huddleston
>Ed Benes
>Mirka Andolfo

i have a soft spot for benis myself

Murata

>US
Carl Barks
Winsor McCay
Brandon Graham
Sam Kieth
Will Eisner
>Euro
André Franquin
Philippe Druillet
Gotlib
Hugo Pratt
François Schuiten
>Jap
Taiyō Matsumoto
Kaoru Mori
Osamu Tezuka
Go Nagai
Jirô Taniguchi

Lupa.

I'm really annoyed that she finally got to draw Wonder Woman but it's just Robinson writing Johns' plots.

bump

Fred>Ed

Neal was truly truly incredible. GOAT.

>was
He's still alive.

JH Williams III
Frank Quitely
Paul Pope
Daryl Dalrymple
Duncan Fegredo
Brendan McCarthy
Charles Burns
Fernando Blanco
Jock
Jason Shawn Alexander
Tommy Lee Edwards
John Paul Leon
Scott Hampton
Dave Mckean
Teddy Kristiansen
Frazer Irving
Chris Burnham
Riley Rossmo
Tyler Crook

Tsutomu Nihei
Inoue Takehiko
Nishioka Kyodai
Jiro Matsumoto
Taiyo Matsumoto
Daisuke Igarashi
Usamaru Furuya
Asano Inio
Kato Shinkichi

He's not as good though.

Stuart Immonen
Jorge Jimenez
Pepe Larraz
Chris Samnee
Dustin Weaver

Kirkham? Really?

US
Jim Lee
Sam Kieth
Kenneth Rocafort
Alex Maleev
Jacen Burrows
David Finch
Jeff Smith
Terry Moore

Euro
Enki Bilal
Moebius

Jap
Hiroaki Samura
Tsutomu Nihei
Kenji Tsuruta

>Alina Urusov
>Samnee
>Doc Shaner
>Sandoval
>Manapul

Perez
Quietly
Jim Lee
Alex Maleev
David Finch
Dustin Nguyen
Capullo

>david finch
why? his art is muddy, always gets colored horribly, and he frequently makes mistakes

Dustin Nguyen's water colors are what got me to start following comics.

Ive never felt his art to be muddy, and his Moon Knight is especially great. Not sure how you can blame coloring on his pencils, but more to you.

>doesn't contribute to thread
>just shits on others comments
At least post your own list, you piece of trash.

I asked a question, you tard. Why Kirkham? How can this bland ass dude be one of your favorites?

How can you be such a tasteless shit?

What next, are you going to defend Land?

Jack Kirby
Frank Quitely
Jack Cole
Frank Miller
George Perez
Francis Manapul
Tom Scioli

Dude, calm down. I'm not this guy but for me Kirkham is just boring, so I'd like to know why you consider him to be among your favorites.

Mignola is, without hyperbole, a master of the medium.

Don't you have somewhere else to shitpost?

At least you gave actual reasons and criticisms as to why you might not like him. This dude is just shitting up the thread.

As to why I like him, I just like his style. I don't know how you define 'boring', so I can't really relate. I only ever see good artists and bad, maybe a few in between, but the majority are like black and white. Kirkham is good for me.

The Warren roaster is pretty much my favorite group of artists, with Corben at the top.

I'll never understand all the love for Jim Lee.

Aren't half of those Marvel or third-party women?

>At least you gave actual reasons and criticisms as to why you might not like him
He just said "I don't like him". You just went full sperg because someone asked why you like an artist.

Saying 'I don't like x' is subtle shitposting though. If he even bothered to list some complaints, I could refute him. There's literally nothing to say to someone like that.

Ross, even though he seems to be held hostage at Marvel right now.

Hes not hostage, just still bitter over New 52 He's a really good artist but the very image of ''Not Muh'' fanboys.

Jack Kirby
John Buscema
Mike Ploog
Dave Cockrum
Herge
Otomo
Corben
Mignolia
Guy Davis
Wrightson
Redondo
Perez
Oeming
Derrington
Allred
Mobius
Drulliet
Mike Zack
Paul Gulacy
JrJr
Brandon Grahm

Kirkham's storytelling is simply poor, his sequential storytelling and his poor understanding of flow make him a weak interior artist. Above this his style of penciling can be easily and accurately described as "house style". Liking Kirham might be questionable, but what I don't understand is why he made your short list of favorite artists over the likes of Ivan Reis, Gary Frank, Olivier Coipel or Robson Rocha. Artists that could also be considered "house style" but with better pencils, less "muscles everywhere" and better storytelling skills.
Also, there was no real need to list any complaints, the question was simple "why do you like him", there was no reason to lose your shit unless the guy's family or something.

A few missing & not in exact order but close...
> JH Williams The 3rd > Lee Bermejo > Gabriele Dell'Otto (pic related) > Francis Manapul > Ivan Reis = Jason Fabok = Liam Sharp = Marco Checchetto > Esad Ribic > Stuart Immonen > Olivier Coipel > Jerome Opena > Frank Cho > Guilliem March > Rafa Sandoval

Cho is as low as he is because while he does utterly flawless bodies, I find his paneling and action to be fairly stiff most of the time.

Alex Ross is among my favorites for sure but I have no idea where I would rank him.

Uh that makes sense, hopefully he'll get over it soon. I miss his work at DC

It's been like 6 years and he's not over it lol

Mazzuchsfhfsfelli

>Marco Checchetto
Dis Kraven...

Then it's just a matter of prefence, in which everyone's is different. I like Kirkham; you might not like him as much. I would still consider him among my favourite artists regardless though. I like the art man, idk.

To each their own.

He is such a fucking hypocrite, the diversity character designs are more offensive then anything in the New 52.

>>Marco Checchetto

He's more of a DC/Superman fanboy than a marvel fanboy.

What a fucking pointless post. Learn to articulate your thoughts brainlet. Don't start a debate thread without anything to say.

you really think he was ever gonna return after nu52? Dude wouldn't draw Cass Cain for a kid!

>>>Marco Checchetto

Why do half the characters have the annoying mouth-open-slightly-but-not-yelling look

Ordway, for all his works never seems to get any recognition

You accuse someone of shitposting despite going straight for the "fuck you" and then ask for complaints to refute and then just answer with "it's just my opinion. great job there, little buddy. At least answer the simple question of why you refer him over the likes of Reis, Coipel, Checchetto, Rocha, Frank or Mann.

>Olivier Coipel

He's very energetic but he has a tendency to blur the backgrounds, problems with backgrounds in general and just filling the page. His characters have great gestures but he really needs to be carried by a good colourist like Laura Martin.

Laura Martin is a pretty shitty colorist. Decent on her best days.

You can't just say "it's just a matter of preference" dude, if someone put a generice Disney artist among their favourites Euro artists we would also ask why.
Seriously, do you actually cares about his art? Because if you do you should put a bit more thought on it.

>debate thread
If every thread is a fucking debate thread, you should go the fuck back to >>>/reddit/ you underage fucking retard.

Did you see this page dude? There's a reason she gets picked for events. Compare Siege to the colours of Secret Empire. You could barely tell it was McNiven in SE #1, the colours were that shit.

>that panelling

It's an opinion thread. You asked for favorite artists. It's like asking for the best South Park ship, it's going to start debate. You should lurk more, honestly.

>Nobody's brought up the team of Shalvey and Bellaire yet
best team

I have never noticed him having problems with backgrounds.
My biggest issue with Coipel and the reason he is not higher up on my list Is I dislike how he used to make everyone's heads round and bulgy especially Thor.

emma rios does real good work

Well, his Thor is iconic at this point.
I wouldn't said he has problems with backgrounds exactly, he just almost never draws them.

Every thread on Sup Forums is a "debate thread" you moron. If you hate debate then take your own advice and fuck off to ribbit where you can just download the posts you don't like.

You like or dislike the paneling?
That does look nice.

They're alright but I would't say their among my favorites.

Forgot Marko Djurdjevic, I think I would put him right above Ribic.

I dislike it.

What? I like Ross but fuck him 'cause Cass is best Batgirl.

>Lee Bermejo
As much as I like Gary Frank (who I also forgot to rank)
Dear god I wish Bermejo was drawing Doomsday Clock.

>those traced backgrounds
Disgusting.

The thing about Bermejo and Frank (and pretty much every other artist that took on Watchmen) is that they're great artists but they don't really pay enough attention to every single detail the way Gibbons did in the original one. Probably because they aren't pushed hard enough in the way Moore pushes the artists they work with though.

He's so obsessed with his personal redesign of Batman. He pushes it everywhere he can, even in Batman/Deathblow.

Gibbons is also know to be good at super detailed shit. Moore wrote for him in that way and a lot of the side details in Watchmen are Gibbons. I think the cars/hydrants were his idea for example

dude really really really gets overlooked for adding to Watchmen

Arthur Ranson is probably my favourite photo-referencer

this is the problem with a lot of artists on people's lists in this thread. they're detail-oriented in the sense that they, for lack of a better word, can makes characters and their actions look 'textured' i.e. wrinkles in the face and clothes kinds of details and make shit look real pretty but they aren't detail oriented in the sense that guys like Gibbons were, where every little thing going on inside of panels mattered, and the sequential storytelling from panel to panel was important, and even the coloring symbolized something.

It essentially teaches people to call jim lee and ivan reis good because stylistically they're appealing to the eye and exciting visually, but they lack the substance of say, Mazzuchelli or Chris Ware or to use your example, Gibbons

>Kenneth Rocafort

That's what I mean by saying Moore pushes his artists. A lot of stuff comes from them, but you don't see them putting the same kind of effort for other works. It's as if they're trying to one-up Moore, or showing him he doesn't need to tell them how to do their job, and by that they go the extra mile. Reading the notes to From Hell, I could appreciate how much Campbell brought on to the comic (Moore never shies away from giving credit where credit's due), but you can tell a lot of that was due to Moore being a bit of a pain in the ass to begin with.
I mean, just look at Gibbons on Kingsman. Hard to believe he was the same guy that did Watchmen.

I personally wish Bermejo would draw another book that's well written. Luthor and Batman Noel like the only ones

>jim lee and ivan reis
Do not lump them together, Reis is 50 times the artist in every way that Lee ever dreamed about being.

my nigga