Nick Spencer has quit Twitter

tl;dr: youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

Other urls found in this thread:

4thletter.net/2012/01/america-is-now-blood-and-tears-instead-of-milk-and-honey-secret-avengers-21/
worldrugbymuseumblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/tolkiens-battle-of-the-eastern-field/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Twitter sucks

Slowpoke OP strikes again.

Same thread happened yesterday, not even mad. We should post this every day until he comes back in a week

He is right though twitter is a terrible place.

Why do you care so much? Why do you care about Spencer that much?

And the crowd goes mild.

Because Spencer cares that much, so OP cares that much.

Delete your account.

At the very least, delete all tweets except for the one where you quit.

He'll be back by Tuesday.

It is. It and every social media shithole can crash and burn and you'd see a marked improvement in society.

This.
And this.
Also this.

>twitter is the official communication method of our Lord and Savior President Donald J 'MAGA' Trump

fixed it for you

He'll be back.

Hijacking this thread, any good people to follow on twitter? Like for comic news or shit.

I used to have twitter ages ago but I kinda let it go. I liked getting news instantly.

He's right, twitter more than any other platform seems to encourage limitation of thought and virtual lynch mobs.

The problem is he's a contributor to that, so his words ring hollow.

He's mad he's on the receiving end for once, not just pointing and shooting.

wake me up when he kills himself.

>bitches about trump 24/7
>takes a paycheck every month form trump's best buddy
Is Nick Spencer the king of hypocrates?

Spencer isn’t talking about twitter as a whole. He’s talking about all the butthurt comics fans “harassing” him and his lefty pals on a daily basis. But that’s only because Spencer and his lefty pals instigate that behavior with all their smugness and bravado both on and offline.

He's right, but for the wrong reasons

Smart move

Twitter is a cesspool void of human decency and retards who think everyones voice matters.

Had to make an account as assignment for a web design class 9 years ago and never used it.

Twitter sucks but he's still a little bitch.

Funny you say that, most of the twitter harassment I've seen against Spencer has been from SJWs who don't think he's left-wing enough.

I just realized that Ewing's tweets are now hidden too.
Did Bitch Ewing find his twitter?

literally WHO

Oh yes.

Ironically, that whiny and unlikable faggot leaving makes twitter a marginally better place.

That’s the irony of SJWs. For all their preaching of “us vs them” and “ he will not divide us”, they are extraordinarily adept at eating each other.

If Chu is against it, that's reason enough to be for it.

DESU I think what really turned the heat up on him was his sanctimonious attitude about everything. Every criticism he ever faced was responded to (by himself or Alonso or Breevort) in the tone of "Well you're just not smart enough to understand what we're doing with Cap/Secret Empire" or "Well we just thought we'd let Nick actually do something challenging, deep and complicated; sorry you were too small-minded and not up for the challenge."

Readers on the right and left were upset with him, but it was the snooty attitude that crystalized opposition imo.

I usually follow DC people because they're pretty cool guys.

>every social media shithole can crash and burn
Including this one?

>Sup Forums
>Social media

Tell me what it is then.

How is Spencer related to comics?
Did he say something related or what

>How is a comic book writer related to comics

I don't know

Image board and discussion forum. Anonymous posting negates any possible “social” platform. Even users who smoke cocks and decide to use a tripcode on this website, still are not exercising a social platform, because everyone else here is Anonymous.

A message board. There's no personal identities here, and posts aren't designed for easy sharing.

>ashamed of using social media
And I don't have a fedora to tip. Oh well.

Spencer wrote the most recent Mavel event book, Secret Empire. It was a legitimate shot show that tarnished Captain America’s reputation for years to come, all for the sake of having a soapbox to preach about anti fascism.

Who

>ashamed

Why are you reading things into posts that aren't there? Are you a ruseman, or just an autist?

oh
NICK Spencer
I thought this was about RICHARD Spencer

my fault

It's terrible because of leftshits like Spencer.

This is the best thing to ever come out of social media. I love that a normies comment can actually reach Trump, or the POTUS in general. But then you see how they squander that ability by making jokes and using a strawman despite actually having a platform to try to express a real opinion to the most powerful man in the country, and not just have to hope your elected rep gets the word up the chain. It's sad and hilarious.

I thought they hated him too.

Didn't he already quit Twitter like 3 months ago? Am I being Berenstained?

During the election Spencer bashed Bernie Sanders, and was very Pro Hillary. That didn't make him popular with people who weren't centrists.

Oh no. Don't go. I'm begging you. Please.

It's crazy that people are more upset about Cap being a villain while cosmic-cubed (Secret Empire) than they are at Cap being a villain on his own will (Times Run Out)

who?

>who indulged in paranoid persecution fantasies

The left can't irony.

they're just extraordinarily adept at eating, period.

This. There needs to be a filter between creators and fans. It always becomes more about the person and something they may say then their actual work with social media. I don't want to talk to you about the rights of indigenous people just because I have a character mention Pocahontas in a little throwaway dialog

>Nick Spencer tweets to 50,000 bots that he's leaving the platform
oh mo

That guy is not really self-aware.

>That tweet
They're fucking space teddy bears for cash grab purposes. How on Earth did he come to this conclusion?

HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THAT GOOD AND EVIL IS UP TO ONE'S OWN PERCEPTION? Unless he thinks religion is the only possible basis for morality and I really doubt that's his beliefs.

> these types

Oh boy, it's like hearing Ben on Giantbomb call Lord of the Rings " kind of gross" for the treatment of Orcs. Buddy if you associate Orcs with black people that's on you

Some people exist just to create drama, man.
You can't do anything about it.

>obsessing this much about a creator just so you can create more shit threads on Sup Forums

He is not completely wrong

We all know that twitter is the problem because twitter is the most garbage social media platform. Politics aside it automatically goes on the shitlist for having a MAJORITY of its users be bots.

Because he's so racist he has to attach stereotypes to everything but then claim they're never true unless it's the stereotypes of people he disagrees with.
ie "rural and suburban retards"

The races in TLOTR being typecast is mostly because a lot of them are based on horrible fairytale monsters and Tolkien can't into deep characterization.
The races in shit like D&D having perks and generalized alignments is to stop faggots from being superspecialthebest and give character choices advantages and disadvantages based on the generalized stereotype.

People who see this as a reflection of human races (especially when talking about weird ass shit like dwarves, orcs and furries) are just daft.

>obsessing
Right, are we "seething" too, Shanquakna?

Where did Mark Waid go so wrong.

He said something correct once and I had to make sure the fact wasn't wrong

That;s because Time Runs Out was at the very least adequately written.
Also, and probably more importantly, Marvel themselves pushed HydraCap into the spotlight where non-readers learned about it - and among them, a large enough number of the permanently offended so it would devolve into a shitstorm.
If you'll notice, everyone that knew anything about capecomics at all knew it would be reversed in the end - and lo and behold, a year and a half later it was.

Now how do we get Slott of twitter?

This. Need answer, please.

Sup Forums is an internet forum, specifically an imageboard. Forums are designed to discuss certain topics. There isn't really any genuine sociability outside of the conversation itself. Social media mostly requires a social network: a collection of people who have some sort social relationship with each other (i.e friends, family, acquaintances, followers, etc.)

B...but you guys are my friends.

Why do people "announce" they're leaving any form of social media/forums? Just reeks of attention seeking.

meant for

>for the treatment of Orcs
Orcs were Tolkien's in-joke about a sporting club he belonged to that couldn't have been whiter:
Oxford
Rugby
Club

hell in the movie they have the diction of (lower-class) white englishmen which they didn't in the books

Unlike others he fully deserved all the backlash.

Pretty much this. Marvel did very bad takes on Cap during the last six years. Like AvX, Time Runs Out, and this issue by Warren Ellis:

4thletter.net/2012/01/america-is-now-blood-and-tears-instead-of-milk-and-honey-secret-avengers-21/

If you told me that the real Captain America never came back in Captain America Reborn, I could actually believe it on account of how badly the character was being handled after Reborn and before Spencer took over.

Citation Needed

>obsessing
the talking point pejorative used when you wish to discredit someone shining a light on something shitty or embarrassing to you

> show pics and/or descriptions of MtF surgical procedures
> YOU'RE OBSESSED

no seriously find another buzzword faggot, you burned this one out

>w-we're better than the most famous social networks, riteguise?

a shit i got exited reading it thinking he quit marlel

use google please, you can always come back to your phone browser to shitpost here

He's left before and came back.

Can't quit Marvel when they refuse to hire you. The only upcoming issue he's writing is the Not Brand Ecch Dabbing issue. And no, he's not taking over Spider-Man like that one wrong fan-fic writer claimed months back.

define better

What the fuck is wrong with your reading comprehension?

Funny you say that too, since SJWs hated Sanders for putting class issues ahead of race and gender issues, and loved Clinton because she's a woman.

>this is not shit, it's just a turd!

worldrugbymuseumblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/tolkiens-battle-of-the-eastern-field/

The article states that the club didn't go by that name until 1948, but it bears repeating that LotR was published 8 years later.

I hope you're baiting because if newfags genuinely believe Sup Forums is "social media" or a "social network" then God help us all.

There's a reason people hate tripfags and blogposting. Having an identity means you want attention, you want to get a reputation. The whole point of anonymity is so that people judge posts on their content rather than the reputation of the person who made them. Anons don't know each other in real life. I could be on the other side of the world or your brother posting from the next room. The point is you shouldn't fucking care who I am, only what I post.

...so he was part of the problem, right. He knows this, yes?

Thanks m8.
On the one hand, Orke was absolutely a term that existed before then.
On the other, the change to ORC was likely influenced by this.

WTF? I can't think of any racist stereotype that includes "furry and cuddly".

>you shouldn't fucking care who I am, only what I post
Just like on other social networks. Your point?

>>takes a paycheck every month form trump's best buddy
Not anymore ayy

Tolkien was a wordsmith and such a pun (conflating a few norse/greek terms with an acronym) certainly wouldn't have been beneath him.

Pity he never got to see the boufball sequences in Wakfu.

my favorite thing is the lengths one goes through just to be Trump's first reply. Some set their schedules to his hours.

People have identities on social media you fuckwit. Everyone there is judged on posts they've made in the past. They do it for attention, they want shares and followers and use it for self promotion. They form cliques to share each other's posts and shit on people they don't like. If you can't see the fucking difference then you're blind as shit.

>"Well you're just not smart enough to understand what we're doing with Cap/Secret Empire" or "Well we just thought we'd let Nick actually do something challenging, deep and complicated; sorry you were too small-minded and not up for the challenge."

>they try this tactic on a Rick and Morty viewer
Fight of the century!